PATHFINDER: The Dark Continent [System | PF1ed] (Members of evil cult needed!)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, April 26, 2021, 11:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miroque

@PhantomPistoleer: About the Dark Continent? Are we talking place like say, Africa, South America or North Pole... Desert, Jungle, Swamps, Old forest (canada/finland type), Mountains (Himalaya)... what is the lands around Tidal Pool ?

I so hope this is going to be more South America type.. Jungles, mountains and vast river systems..

firepyre

House Nox
Name of Adventuring Company Captain: Davriel Nox
Faction Alignment: Lawful Evil

Name of Party Members:
Davriel Nox - Captain, and scion of House Nox

Brief Description/background of Adventuring Company:

One of the longest standing noble families of the old world, House Nox's roots run very deep, as do their pockets. They have their fingers in many pies, but they're most infamous for two things; finance, and their slavery practices. They have money lending houses in many, many cities and kingdoms, with debtors who are unable to repay their debts forming the bulk of their slavery dealings. Though widely disliked, and regarded as tyrants, they're simply too powerful and too ingrained to remove. Who else can you turn to when your royal coffers are emptied by disaster, or war? A necessary evil.

As one of the world's greatest financial powerhouses, it should come as no surprise that they might seek to establish a presence on the new continent as well. Davriel Nox has won the dubious honour of leading an initial small scale expedition, with further investment to be considered, should his foray prove lucrative.

Purpose of Adventuring Company:

To establish House Nox as a major player on the new continent. Players should typically be members of House Nox, slaves/servants/indentured debtors, or unscrupulous mercenary types who appreciate a steady paycheck over things like ethics. House Nox cares about the results, not the means. Breaking rules is encouraged, getting caught doing it... is not. I'm aiming for a mafia vibe, so dark, criminal, or gothic characters are encouraged, although there's also plenty of room for others in the form of indentured servitude. Though Davriel is currently recognized as the captain, his control of the family is hardly absolute, and players are welcome to compete for the position.

Bylaws of Adventuring Company:

1. There are no rules, only consequences.

Distribution of Loot:

In theory, any loot found is the property of House Nox, and is expected to be returned to their coffers - the ones your generous wages are paid from. In actual practice, players may take what they want - House Nox will generally look the other way, so long as it furthers their agenda. I expect bickering over loot to be a frequent sticking point for characters, though who actually gets what will be decided amicably OOC.

Posting Frequency: Open, but aiming to post at least every other day(48hrs)

Alright, there's the faction I'm hoping to launch, provided I can drum up enough interest. Once(if) it's approved, I'm happy to work with people to flesh out house Nox more, develop characters, etc, as well as on connections, and tie ins, between House Nox and other adventuring companies or personal tie ins with characters from other companies.
Davriel Nox
, the current captain, will also be coming soon.

Miroque

PhantomPistoleer

Howdy,

Tons of questions this morning.  I will try to get to them.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

Zain el-Neman

Race: Aasimar (Scion of Humanity racial trait)
Class: Warpriest 4 (arsenal chaplain)

Brief History: Zain was born to pair of farmers, joined sultan Sheik Al-Faris army at young age seek more in his life than being a farmer. He rose in the ranks of the military to a lieutenant leading his own small squad. As he first time encountered Aishah Sabri, Ibnat Abni Al-Faris, he was lovestruck by her. However knowing it was inappropriate to have such thoughts about the princess which he is sworn to protect, he buried his emotions and carnal-natured thoughts about them.

Then the great war came, desert raiders with goblins as the massive army came and devastated the lands. As the princess escaped he and other men fought alongside with sultan, who fell in battle and so did them as well, all as means to buy her time for escape. However, in deadly slumber, he got a visitation from Zetreya, goddess of Storms, Weather, Royalty/Leaders, Anger and Motherhood, leader of the gods in his homeland faith. She awakened him near death, granted divine powers as warpriest, and as he fled ruined cities and raider parties, he encountered princess and then joined with some others they traveled Dark Contingent to find means grow power and resources reclaim their homeland.

Brief Personality: Zain is honorable and dutiful natured and hard working, his sudden connection to the goddess Zetreya is fairly new and he is working out how to involve her teachings in his everyday life and work ways how properly revere her as suddenly added duty revere her as a priest he feels a bit clumsy about.

O/O: Albeit not heavily experienced, Zain likes foreplay, romance, gentle lovemaking, albeit he has fantasies for more intense passionate sessions

Adventuring Party: Crimson Dawn

Connections:  Is your CC seeking connections with other characters?  If so, please check off the following:

[X] sibling (sister or brother, half-sibling even)
    [X] love interest (Aishah Sabri, Ibnat Abni Al-Faris)
    [X] friend (brother/sister in arms, merchant friend, childhood friend etc)
    [X] other (friendly rival?)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kathadon on April 28, 2021, 05:57:34 PM
PhantomPistoleer you might want to make a guild hall thread for the flood of CC's you are gonna get. ;)

You are 100% right, Kathadon.  I will be making a guildhall today.  People are putting their CCs in Page 1, and I'm getting a little tired of sifting.

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 29, 2021, 02:10:10 AM
I'm interested, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

PP, do you run things (encounters, NPCs, exploration, etc) for the assembled groups, or is that the respective Team Captain's role?

I run things.  The Team Captain just makes everyone run.  As it were.

Quote from: Kathadon on April 29, 2021, 03:16:10 AM
@PhantomPistoleer I am working on a bodyguard build and was wondering something. By default, bodyguard is an aid another action so gives a +2 bonus to your ally's skill check, attack roll, or ac.  If I have the Helpful trait it replaces that +2 with a +3, and if I am a cavalier with the Order of the Dragon it replaces it with a scaling bonus, from +3 at level 2, to +6 at level 20. Unfortunately, there is no clear rule on how Helpful and the Order interact with each other. Would you rule that they stack or simply replace the lower?

Let's say that the Helpful trait adds +1 to whatever your Aid Another bonus is supposed to be.  That ruling defends the trait's inherent worth, IMO, by neither being too little nor too much.

Quote from: Ershin on April 29, 2021, 05:10:09 AM
I've got a few concepts bouncing round in my head but I'm having trouble narrowing them down - May I ask if there's a deadline to provide a concept for review?

There is no time limit.  I hope to keep this ongoing.

Quote from: firepyre on April 29, 2021, 08:09:12 AM
House Nox
Name of Adventuring Company Captain: Davriel Nox
Faction Alignment: Lawful Evil

Name of Party Members:
Davriel Nox - Captain, and scion of House Nox

Brief Description/background of Adventuring Company:

One of the longest standing noble families of the old world, House Nox's roots run very deep, as do their pockets. They have their fingers in many pies, but they're most infamous for two things; finance, and their slavery practices. They have money lending houses in many, many cities and kingdoms, with debtors who are unable to repay their debts forming the bulk of their slavery dealings. Though widely disliked, and regarded as tyrants, they're simply too powerful and too ingrained to remove. Who else can you turn to when your royal coffers are emptied by disaster, or war? A necessary evil.

As one of the world's greatest financial powerhouses, it should come as no surprise that they might seek to establish a presence on the new continent as well. Davriel Nox has won the dubious honour of leading an initial small scale expedition, with further investment to be considered, should his foray prove lucrative.

Purpose of Adventuring Company:

To establish House Nox as a major player on the new continent. Players should typically be members of House Nox, slaves/servants/indentured debtors, or unscrupulous mercenary types who appreciate a steady paycheck over things like ethics. House Nox cares about the results, not the means. Breaking rules is encouraged, getting caught doing it... is not. I'm aiming for a mafia vibe, so dark, criminal, or gothic characters are encouraged, although there's also plenty of room for others in the form of indentured servitude. Though Davriel is currently recognized as the captain, his control of the family is hardly absolute, and players are welcome to compete for the position.

Bylaws of Adventuring Company:

1. There are no rules, only consequences.

Distribution of Loot:

In theory, any loot found is the property of House Nox, and is expected to be returned to their coffers - the ones your generous wages are paid from. In actual practice, players may take what they want - House Nox will generally look the other way, so long as it furthers their agenda. I expect bickering over loot to be a frequent sticking point for characters, though who actually gets what will be decided amicably OOC.

Posting Frequency: Open, but aiming to post at least every other day(48hrs)

Alright, there's the faction I'm hoping to launch, provided I can drum up enough interest. Once(if) it's approved, I'm happy to work with people to flesh out house Nox more, develop characters, etc, as well as on connections, and tie ins, between House Nox and other adventuring companies or personal tie ins with characters from other companies.
Davriel Nox
, the current captain, will also be coming soon.

Firepyre, I love your AP.

Quote from: Miroque on April 29, 2021, 07:15:10 AM
@PhantomPistoleer: About the Dark Continent? Are we talking place like say, Africa, South America or North Pole... Desert, Jungle, Swamps, Old forest (canada/finland type), Mountains (Himalaya)... what is the lands around Tidal Pool ?

I so hope this is going to be more South America type.. Jungles, mountains and vast river systems..

The land around TIDAL POOL is tropical.  The continent is mountainous, and the mountains that you can see are snowcapped.  The mountains are surrounded by deep jungles, which are dotted here and there by strange buildings from long extinct civilizations.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

GM NOTICE

Please place your CCs, whether approved or in need of approval, in the The Guild Hall.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mosos

Question: if I were to choose a monkey goblin as my character's race would you permit me to take goblin racial archetypes, or racial feats?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Mosos on April 29, 2021, 09:25:30 AM
Question: if I were to choose a monkey goblin as my character's race would you permit me to take goblin racial archetypes, or racial feats?

Sure.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Latooni Subota

Muse, I always got room for you. :)

Once I throw my stuff into the guild hall, those that wanna be on Team Goodness and Awesome led by an exhibitionist bard should flag down my notice or PM me for connections and such. Good odds I'll miss something.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Chulanowa

Team Goodness And Awesome sounds awesome and good  ;D

Gonna be a good bit before I can pitch any ideas. Work, you know.

Raku

Just did my CC. Will do the adventuring company sheet soon and try to make my character sheet later.

PhantomPistoleer

Raku, we are up to three adventuring parties.  Maybe you should talk to everyone to see whether you can join up with one of them?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: CountessYlva on April 29, 2021, 12:40:50 PM
Going to withdraw, thank you for your time.

Sure thing!  Feel free to join later if you want.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Latooni Subota

Party update-

Silim's Android Psychic and Raku's Human Fighter have joined up with my Tiefling Bard so far, and Muse is working on something that I don't know what it is yet. D-did I accidently a harem for my tiefling?

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Latooni Subota on April 29, 2021, 12:53:14 PM
Party update-

Silim's Android Psychic and Raku's Human Fighter have joined up with my Tiefling Bard so far, and Muse is working on something that I don't know what it is yet. D-did I accidently a harem for my tiefling?

I kind of feel sorry for them!  Silim and Raku’s characters seem so innocent.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Latooni Subota

Hey now, Razi is a good girl. It says Lawful Good right on her sheet.

<Razi> "Did you know that Undine tribe off the coast back home has a cultural dance where they're naked in magically levitated small waterfalls? So I was thinking about adapting it-"

Not helping Razi!

Raku

Quote from: Latooni Subota on April 29, 2021, 12:53:14 PM
Party update-

Shifty eyes are shifty

Mosos

Another question: How do you feel about crafting characters? (Sorry for so many.)

I am bouncing between a paladin, and a gun chemist alchemist.

Silim

I get the feeling Varien's curiosity will get him into much trouble with Razi... In many different ways.

Latooni Subota

I am tentatively interested in a small amount of crafting feats myself, if only to dump my own loot into enhancing my choker of mighty fists. Since Razi is only a dipped monk, she doesn't get magic-hands, so eventually she's gonna need to start adding +'s to her Agile choker. :3

Edit: Once my party is finalized I figure we can properly talk about things like supplies, crafting, etc. Is there a limit on party members per group, Phantom? I assume we probably wanna stick around four or five per?

Silim

I'm definitely considering at least Craft Wondrous Item in my future.

Miroque

Adventure company Crimson Dawn is looking for 1 person ...  IF from Arabia, good, if not, its no problem, but needs some "story hook" how s/he have been hired. (and class/skill wise, if the character is from Arabia, anything goes.. if not, then some sneaky type, scout, whatnot as company would be hiring that kind of person)