Court of Dreams - Modern Fantasy [Recruitment]

Started by Wistful Dream, April 26, 2021, 10:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wistful Dream

The link to our characters sheets is here. Hope that helps.

TeamToaster

ihinka

I am intrigued by this... I might have an idea about a samovila (Slavic folklore, kind of a woodland siren for those unfamiliar) park ranger.

I'm a little unsure about her abilities though. As, typically, siren-type powers tend to infringe on one's free will XD
How Do You Wanna Do This?!?
My O_Os - Updated 30/05/21 with some characters I'd like to find a home for

Wistful Dream

Hi, ihinka. My Adrianna is a siren blooded half blood actually, so you could look at her profile perhaps to get some ideas. Or just in general, your character can have the ability to sway/affect the minds of others but it would be nullified when she's within a certain radius of the Court itself and Cernunnos since his power nullifies those types of abilities.

ihinka

Thanks for the guidance and ideas. Character Profile sent. Now off to bed  ;D
How Do You Wanna Do This?!?
My O_Os - Updated 30/05/21 with some characters I'd like to find a home for

Wistful Dream

TeamToaster

Bae'al (Bay-al)
Court of Dreams, Himself

Age Appears: Early to Mid Thirties
Gender Identity: Male
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual, Polyamorous
BDSM Identity: Switch - He will be whatever his partners needs or desires
Race: Devil

Hair & Eye Color: Bae'als hair is a deep brown and falls in curls around the large horns that adorn his head. His eyes are deep, impossible black where no light and no reflections are ever seen across them.

Height: 6'11

Body Build: Bae'al is extremely tall, towering over most people that aren't at least part giant. Beneath the extravagant suit, he is lean but well muscled and well defined, hinting at the strength behind his indomitable personality.

Special Features: The thing most people notice about Bae'al immediately are the two prominent horns that curl from his forehead and mark him as inhuman. He has long pointed ears, similar to an elf's, pointed teeth, a forked tongue, and a long tail, all of which serve to further identify that Bae'al is a very inhuman creature. His features are very classical and eerily beautiful, which make him eye-catching no matter how inhuman or human he looks.

Bae’al also possesses large, bat-like leathery wings, though he rarely shows these to anyone. Unlike the rest of him, these are flawed, tattered and covered in a latticework of scars. Anyone learned in the healing arts will be able to see that these were inflicted magically and cannot be healed. They are similar to the ones that marr his broad back, though not as intricate or purposeful. These he always keeps hidden behind his illusions.

Personality: Hedonistic, Indulgent, Charismatic, Classy, Arrogant, Mischievous, Morally Grey, Loves to Haggle, Untrusting, Untrustworthy

History:

Bae'al has been meddling in human and fae affairs for centuries and as such is intimately familiar with how they tick. He also gained quite a fearsome reputation for being just as likely to help you as he is to hinder you. Whatever took his fanc As a Devil he has been contracted for all kinds of jobs ranging from the benign to ones that have helped topple empires. Flitting as frequently as he did between both worlds, it was only a matter of time before his many mischiefs set him in the path of Cer. Much to the Devil's delight, the future Lord of Dreams shared a similar thrill for mischief and chaos.

In the time before the barriers fell, whenever the two beings would happen to cross paths, mischief and debauchery would ensue. Fae or human settlements would experience all kinds of strange and unexplainable events, along with wild parties and lowered inhibitions which would be the talk of the town for years after they departed.

However not all of this time had been sunshine and roses. As a Devil, there have been all manner of people who have tried to bind Bae'al into servitude. Most prominently those people have been mages (Fae or Human) trying to gain more power. Some have even succeeded in capturing him, for a time at least. Those who have unwillingly bound him in this way always find bad luck chasing at their heels until such a time that he weasels his way free of whatever chains he has been caught in.

And then they sorely regret ever messing with the Devil.

As such he is wary and distrustful of mages, even now. It is surprisingly easy to summon a Devil but only a few (mages in particular) have the power to bind them. However, Bae'al has also on many occasions willingly entered into the service of another. This he has no problem with as he always gets something in return of equal value for his time. A soul is the most common payment of course.

Bae’al detests being in debt of any kind and will seek to settle it as quickly as possible; hypocritically he doesn’t mind so much when the roles are reversed.

Then of course, the world changed. Cer and the other Barrier breakers earned their name and waged their take over of the human world. At the time, Bae’al had already been settled there, having heard rumors of what was to come. He made quite the name for himself in the immediate years following, managing quarrels between Human and Fae as they settled into this new world. That was how he found himself in his newest role, a Devil lawyer for hire who never lost a case. Not only did his reputation grow, his name once more circled around to the newly appointed Lord of Dreams who offered him a position in his Court as someone able to navigate the human world and its laws to better help the Fae.

Those seeking help and scores to settle know that they can contact Bae’al. He will hear anyone out and offers no judgements or comments as to what you are looking for; but to get his help?

You will have to meet his price.

✦ Fine things
✦ The Arts
✦ Parties
✦ Debauchery
✦ Indulgence
✦ Haggling
✦ Debate
✦ Gambling
✦ Dark Chocolate
✦ Cigars
✦ Dry humor and Sarcasm
✦ Chaos
✦ Tricks
✦ Riddles
✦ Games
✦ Flying
✦ Reading
✦ People Watching

DISLIKES

✦ Rudeness
✦ Attempts to Bind him
✦ Liars (to him)
✦ Deal Breakers
✦ Boredom
✦ Being Ignored
✦ Rigidity
✦ Narrow mindedness
✦ Judgmentalism
✦ Being touched without warning
✦ Lack of Consent
✦ Mages

TALENTS

✦ Natural (and supernatural) Charm
✦ Silver tongue
✦ Lying
✦ Finding loopholes
✦ Legal knowledge
✦ Impeccable memory
✦ Stringed instruments (Piano, Violin and Cello)
✦ Chess

INEPTITUDES

✦ Easily bored
✦ Beyond external friendliness is very secretive
✦ Charm and persona is a front
✦ Extremely untrusting
✦ Vain
✦ Arrogant
✦ He will always put himself first (for now)

POWERS

Abilities:
✦ DEVILS CONTRACT - major -
Bae’al can form binding contracts with anyone who wishes to bargain with him. These contracts are magical in nature and cannot be broken once sealed by anyone except the Devil himself. These contracts are a large source of power for the Devil and he can have any number active at any time. Contracts can be made for any reason; the only thing that limits its abilities is what is paid in return. The harder the action is to perform, the more pricey the payment must be. Souls are the ultimate payment though there are frequently people who promise away other people's souls to get more in return, which is perfectly fine from Bae’als’ perspective so long as he gets his due. Souls are not the only payment, Bae’al can specify anything else that he deems of equal value to the job required if both parties agree. 

While a contract has bound a person to Bae’al, there is a mark upon their soul that allows him to always know their location and will alert him to any attempt to circumvent or go back on their deal. While soul bound, he can communicate with them telepathically if he so desires, including speaking to them in dreams or other forms of unconsciousness. If a person goes back on the deal agreed upon in the contract, the soul mark will ignite and Bae’al can immediately lay claim to their soul.

✦ DEVILS CHARM - minor -
Bae’al has a supernatural charm that puts anyone nearby him at ease, even in high tension situations. The more time spent in his presence the more intense this ability becomes, it becomes hard to look away from Bae’al and people want to be near and touch him which only hastens the effect.
While under the effect of his charm, people are more likely to answer his questions, tell him their secrets and their desires, even without prompting people will find themselves just saying things they never would have otherwise said.

✦ ILLUSIONS - minor -
Bae’al has the ability to create illusions that can fool the senses. These illusions can only happen around himself and they cannot be on a larger scale. This could be anything from creating doubles of himself, changing the immediate surroundings, creating an illusion over his form or over other people. Interacting with these will feel real in every way and can be very disorientating if whoever is interacting with them knows that what they are seeing is an illusion. If one is aware of the illusion, the longer they try to look through it the more it will begin slowly to fade.

No matter what, if he disguises his form with this ability his black eyes will always remain unchanged.

✦ TELEPORTATION: DEVILS PATHWAYS - minor -
Bae’al can open pathways between areas that allow him instant travel from one place to the other. To do this, he must create a rift in any 90 degree angle like a room corner or something similar. Curiously, its size does not matter as reality warps to allow the Devil passage. This small rift leads to a void space where Bae’al can traverse freely and bring others through if he desires, though no more than three at a time. In this space, time does not exist and though he ‘walks’ there is no loss of time from when he steps into the passage and out of it on the other side.

✦ FIRE MANIPULATION: FIENDS FIRE - (minor) -
In true Devilish fashion, Bae’al can control fire. He is able to manipulate it and conjure his own. His body is immune to fire and smoke but his clothing and anything he might be holding, or anything else otherwise flammable, is not.

Flaws:

✦ TRUE NAME - major -
Bae’al is a Devil and as such has a True Name. This is a fiercely guarded secret as anyone who knows the true name of a Devil now holds them as a slave. This is different from being bound into a contract, it is the total mastery of the Devil and their powers. Many ambitious human or fae will try to uncover the True Name of a Devil to capture it for eternity. Speaking the True Name of a Devil is also the only other known way to nullify a Contract that the Devil controls as they are forced to comply with any of their new masters commands.

✦ SUMMONERS CALL - minor -
If anyone performs a summoning of Bae’al he is compelled to appear before them, even if it is into a magical trap or any kind of seal. He is physically unable to stop himself from teleporting to the summoner immediately after the completion of any such ritual to call upon him. It doesn’t matter what time, where he is, if he is called he will vanish and reappear in front of the summoner.

✦ BINDING CONTRACTS - major -
Contracts go both ways and though he will always create a deal that favours him, once a deal has been struck he MUST fulfill his end of the bargain to the letter. This is why Devils are so tricky with their words, as they are bound by them. Bae’al is no different.

Environment Boost: Warm places, places where debauchery is rife (parties, clubs, etc)

Environment Weakness: Cold places, Anti magic places, places of Binding

Please note (R) for receiving, (G) for giving, (B) for both. Delete this line prior to submitting profile.

Ons

✦ Genital Worship (B)
✦ Breast Worship (B)
✦ Ass Worship (B)
✦ Oral (B)
✦ Teasing
✦ Foreplay
✦ Rimming (B)
✦ Anal (B)
✦ Exhibitionism/Voyeurism
✦ Cum Marking (B)
✦ Bestial Sex
✦ Hair-Pulling (B)
✦ Marking (Nails/Teeth/Magic)
✦ Exotic Cocks (B)
✦ Post-Orgasm Torture (B)
✦ Edging/Orgasm Control/Denial (B)
✦ Teasing (B)
✦ Messy Sex
✦ Rough Sex
✦ Aftercare (B)
✦ Multiple Partners/Group Sex
✦ BDSM
✦ Open for anything fun, feel free to ask away :)

To Explore

✦ Open to chat about anything else, he's very open to his partners ideas and wants.

Offs

✦ Scat/Vomit (B)
✦ Raceplay
✦ Vore/Gore
✦ Fetishization
✦ Pregnancy
✦ Serious pain
✦ Extreme Degradation
✦ Cruelty/Shaming
✦ Non-Con
✦ Age Play
✦ Infantilism

Wistful Dream

Absolutely love him! He will be a great addition to the game.

Bibliophilia

I can't wait to play with him, TT.  Especially my mage...once I make him.

RedMoon

Hey all! What a great setup! This is all laid out so well, and I love the concept.

Is there any particular area that needs more players to round things out? I see the human side of things is looking a little light, are there any positions there I could brainstorm over to help things out? I had a vague concept of an older human male who was a third-rate paranormal investigator trying to get a TV show before the paranormal kicked the door down, and is now just sort of an investigator or perhaps journalist. I've got a few ideas buzzing around though, thought I'd see if you need any positions filled before I lean in to anything too hard.

Wistful Dream

Hi RedMoon! Thank you so much for the compliment.

That sounds like such a fun idea! Right now we hardly have any humans so a paranormal investigator sounds like a lot of fun, and I'd love to see how he views the world changing so much. We currently have most of the human 'power' positions open, like Mayor, Police Chief, etc, but you can also just make whatever appeals to you. <3

RedMoon

Excellent! I'll do a bit of brainstorming then. Is it alright if I message you with some questions and to bounce ideas around as I go along?

Wistful Dream

Yup, I'd be happy to, I can give you my Discord as well if you want. :)

RedMoon

TeamToaster

Quote from: Bibliophilia on July 15, 2021, 09:40:56 AM
I can't wait to play with him, TT.  Especially my mage...once I make him.

Ooo, exciting! I can already imagine the drama hahaha

TeamToaster

Quote from: RedMoon on July 15, 2021, 10:26:37 AM
Hey all! What a great setup! This is all laid out so well, and I love the concept.

Is there any particular area that needs more players to round things out? I see the human side of things is looking a little light, are there any positions there I could brainstorm over to help things out? I had a vague concept of an older human male who was a third-rate paranormal investigator trying to get a TV show before the paranormal kicked the door down, and is now just sort of an investigator or perhaps journalist. I've got a few ideas buzzing around though, thought I'd see if you need any positions filled before I lean in to anything too hard.

Ooo, I love this idea! Sound alike it would be super fun and interesting

RedMoon

Thanks all! Character submitted for approval.

Wistful Dream

Haloriel

Bibliophilia

Hello, all!  Court of Dreams has just had its roll-over into a new in-game month!

Last month the characters experienced a ramping up of anti-Fae sentiment with a two-pronged attack on the Moon Lotus Restaurant in the form of a bombing that destroyed a beloved family-owned business and injured many members of the Phuong family in the process.  At the same time everyone was dealing with the chaos, the Fae Court experienced an infiltration by members of Human First, thwarted by the Fae of the court before the true attack could be enacted against the Lord of Dreams and the Rift between Worlds.

This month we are kicking off the grand reopening of Moon Lotus, less than a month after the original attack following a community-wide effort to rebuild.

Within the court, the Fae and their friends are gathering at the Great Oak for the Ostara Rite, ushering in the spring with a sensual fertility rite designed to convey the sense of rebirth and awakening of the land following the long winter's sleep!

We're always accepting new characters and our community of writers is welcoming and eager to write with newcomers!  If you have any questions, feel free to post them below!