The Forelandic Saga: Darkest Nights ((5th Edition D&D Interest Check))

Started by Benen, July 11, 2015, 10:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benen

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, Benen Here. with a possible Group Game Idea to have fun and awesomeness with!

Now while most interest checks here are for Forum Group Games, my idea is... well a bit Different. I am looking to run a D&D 5th Edition Game, with proper characters, setting, and story. and I your DM shall be a guide through the Mysterious lands of the world I have been working on. Now I know that many of you have once in your life played some form of D&D and for this I do want to hold true to the old ways, Much RP.. with some combat thrown in.

Here is what I am hoping for:

• 5-8 players of any skill level, from the uniformed to the old Game master veterans
  • Committed and energetic members, who are willing to come to Bi/weekly real life sessions (Via roll 20/google hanghout chat) to get some of the combat that might arise in and out of play..
  • those that can conform to the odd rules that may, or may not come out.

Here is the set up

• Bi/Weekly session on roll 20, with character sheets being housed on Myth-weavers.com
  • Characters starting at level 1
  • Stats on a 15 point buy, with a free starting 16 in any one stat
  • First level free feat
  • And of course the system being used,Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition

and for what I have so far.. a brief introduction into the world of Gossamer

The land of gossamer hadn't been the same since the third war of beasts. The land lay ravaged by hellfire, titanic floods and cataclysmic weather, but through out all the rays of hope shown on. Far the north, in a stronghold long forgotten, Heroes lay at rest. Their bodies long since lost to the frigid north, but their souls still entombed by magical auras, keeping what they once were, at what they might become, alive.

The dawning of the Forelandic Empire has seen many things for it's populace, one of which was the birth of the great mage, Holdestbart, a Conjurer the likes the world had never seen, but that was not the only talent the mage possessed. Though great mediation he laid the stones for the empires rise, and even a premonition if it's downfall.

"When Seven Tides, of the Seven moons, are hidden behind the Horizon's View. A band of heroes shall arise to claim what is theirs in due. The members hence, will not be known, and their trust for one another shall grow. and when the Bell tolls on the Brightest of days, at high noon as the crow says. The ashes of stone shall be seen abound, as the Empire herself will fall to the ground."

I look forward to Seeing who would be interested in Joining me on this little adventure.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Galanthor

Goddamn...I would LOVE to do this, but pretty sure that timezones would ruin it for me...

Benen

Well, the great thing of about everything right now, is its still in the planning stages. once the group is full assembled, we can talk about what days and times are good to house the RL sessions. but I am not just limiting the game to the live sessions. I do want to have a Forum based segment as well, so that the RPing between the characters, creatures they encounter (if friendly) and NPCs ca happen, and possibly some plot points come into view.

Galanthor

Well I'll hang around then, if time doesn't work out I can still leave for someone else I guess...

Plus...i really miss doing those kind of sessions.

Benen

So... depnding on time frames and such I mighthave two players... Anyone else Even wish to take a gander of a possible third

Vampricprincessty

rou

I have to claim my interest, though I don't know if I can commit. So tentative interest.
* I have never played D&D or any tabletop game, so I will be a learner.

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

AndyZ

I will put a saddle on this small dog and ride it around like a pony ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Benen

zombiemun

Hell since I bought the books for 5th I've been wanting to get a chance to use 'em...unfortunately the irl group is on hiatus due to conflicting work schedules...if there is still room sign me up
o/o

Tydorei

can i get a bit more information? Are we heroes of the past being resurrected/reincarnated from our tombs in the frozen north? Is the empire evil and we want to bring it down because of it? Or are we heroes of the 'beasts' and seek to bring down the empire?

zombiemun

hell those are good questions....kinda wish I would have thought to ask..
o/o

Benen

ahh these are good questions and I will answer them All.

• Q: Is the party the hero's of the north?
  • A: No, The heroes of the north are the ancient heroes from the third beast war, their were great men and women of their days. Even though their souls remain locked to this plane via intense magical means, and are used more as a way to communicate to the past. The party itself is comprised of the Era's spiritual successors this this band of heroes from that time.. and you might get the chance to meet with them and speak to their souls.

• Q: Is the Empire evil, or are we "Beasts" looking to bring it down?
  • A: This requires a bit more of an understanding. The prophecy made by the Great Mage Holdestbart, was made four thousand years before the party was even born (yes that includes any elves we may have) an d in that time, any empire will succumb  to temptation, and fall a bit into a state of ruin and corruption. so evil.. but organized, so to speak. And to answer if the party is of the "Beasts", the short answer is no. the "Beasts" were quelled and kept repressed by the might of the empire after the end of the third war.

I hope this helps clear up your questions.

Benen

ok so far, I have a few people that are confirmed to be coming in to play

• AndyZ
  • TheHangedMan
  • zombiemun
  • Vampricprincessty
  • MirBerry
  • Phoenixrisen
  • roulette
  • Tydorei
  • Galanthor

let me know if this is an accurate list.

Tydorei

I think that's more of a list of people who posted interest. I don't think anyone has made a character yet. Though I should be thinking one up. huh.  :-)

Benen

well I have spoken to , andy, hanged, vamp, mir, and phoneix and all are confirmed. Andy has made a character, as has hanged. though the only official one done as of now is Andy.

Benen

Galanthor

zombiemun

I work tonight and tomorrow night.....but will have a character tossed together pretty quick
o/o

Benen