Fallout Group Game, Anyone?

Started by Mr BadGuy, March 26, 2015, 08:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr BadGuy

OKAY, so I'm pretty sure a lot of people have played Fallout 4 by now and have an increased desire to maybe do a Fallout styled-role play. I'm eager to do one as well. There's many ways we can go with this, either based off of the Fallout 4 Boston Commonwealth or a brand new area entirely, something like the ideas below found on GaiaOnline

GaiaOnline Threads with preexisting areas, rules etc
Wasteland RP Guild

Similar profile layouts, and game style found I'm looking for GMs, players, the whole bunch. I really liked the Shooting/Stabbing Rules used for combat.

I'm thinking of limiting the RolePlayable world to
- Dead Town
- The Broken Road
- The Radioactive City

We could create OC's with the Fallout 4 template, applying level-ups exactly like that system (I think this would be easiest)
We could go with a more Fallout: New Vegas or 3 template, I'm not familiar with 1 or 2 too much (sorry  :-[ )
Or this could be used as a character template:

Character Template

The idea of a Fallout group roleplay is probably out there already, and if it is please show me to it because I haven't looked. Thank you <3
My search thread: In progress ^_^

rotburn

I was checking out that link you posted and realized their own group had a short life. Maybe it was because there are just soooo many places in their RP. If you were to re-create this a bit, would you consider narrowing the sites of actual RP down? I know there are a bunch of places in Fallout, but to cover all that would almost be extreme -unless you have a 'whole' slew of people to get a sub-thread created.

Really, I was just interested in popping in to see how detailed this would be. It sort of in the beginning phase so I'll just wish you a 'good luck'. (That may sound a bit foreboding, but I'm not the incredibly knowledgeable person to turn to for world building... just interested enough in peeking inside!)

Mr BadGuy

Yeah it really did. We got to character creation and the interactions were so few because the world was so large. I wanted to make it one town and a few areas outside for exploring.

I'm hoping to keep it within around a dozen people? Thank you for the suggestions as well as the good luck. I'm hoping that someone will see this and want to pick it up because I don't have the time to be the GM, myself.

Etherealgirl

I love fallout, and would be interested. Let me know how this pans out.

Mr BadGuy

Quote from: Etherealgirl on March 27, 2015, 01:53:25 PM
I love fallout, and would be interested. Let me know how this pans out.

I'm thinking that there will only be one town, Blood Creek. And the explorable areas would be the Radioactive City, Ashes Highway, and MAYBE the Desert if enough people interested.

CuriousEyes

I'm a big Fallout fan. Actually involved in a couple RPs around it.

Haven't checked out too much of your link but just wanted to throw out general support for the 'verse. Will keep an eye on your thread.

Mr BadGuy

Mr BadGuy

Updated: More information on character skeleton/sheet

Mr BadGuy

Bumping!

Added new information, updated some things, let me know if there is a Fallout RP I can attempt to join please!