Living Under The Sun - Preturnatural Creatures -

Started by undisclosedtoyou, April 09, 2011, 09:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Living Under The Sun
Preturnatural Creatures

What exactly is Two Harbors?  It's a destination, a town located on an island off the coast of California; but it's far more than that.  It's not only a destination for bored tourist's, it's also been used as a sanctuary for sea creatures that have been woven in and out of sea shanties and folklore for centuries.  It's on this island, that beings classified as Selkie's and Finfolk have made their homes; living apart from the larger, human dominated areas that comprises the mainland. 

Centuries before, the island had been shrouded in mist, invisible to the human eye, but now, with the old magick being all but forgotten, the island's power to mask itself disappeared, leaving it's existence bare for everyone to see.  But despite this, the inhabitants of the Island have been able to keep their secrets to themselves; even while the inevitable invasion of humans encroached on their land.  In a last ditch effort to concentrate their numbers, they relocated themselves to one specific part of the island and called it Two Harbors.  With one side of the Island used as a tourist location for humans, and the other as the base for these 'mythical' beings, it will be interesting to see how each side fares.

This game will comprise of two factions; the 'mythological' beings from the sea who live in Two Harbors, and the humans who work, visit, and live in Avalon.  While the sea beings keep the secret of what they are, they still very much enjoy human interaction;   and the humans are inevitably drawn to the mysterious inhabitants of Two Harbors.  I can see this game being very simple, focusing on character interactions and relationships, while throwing in a lot of sex.  The Supernatural beings are very sexually driven people, and the humans who frolic to this sun kissed island will find more than surfing to kill time.

Island Description

A small town nestled by the sea, it has a  charming facade that both welcomes you in, and prompts you to stay.  It has all the charm of a small community, without the large tourist traffic that the larger town of Avalon is known for, only 10 miles away.  It has a small year round population of 150 residents, sports one major restaurant, hotel, bookstore, and general store.  All in all it looks like a normal small American town; but this island off the coast of California is much more than meets the eye.

Allowed Creatures

Selki
Selkies are shapeshifting creatures that are said to be seals that can shed their skin and take on the appearance of a human being, when they put their skin back on, they can change back to their seal counterparts and return to the sea.  It's said that if you capture their pelts, you can hide them and bind a selkie to your side.  They are known to be particularly beautiful, with great seductive powers to lure humans to them.  Selkie/Human off spring are known to have webbed feet and hold a deep rooted love for the sea.

Merrow/Merpeople

Whichever name you'd like to call them, they are known to have the upper bodies of a human being, and the bottom bodies of a fish.  Some cultures describe them as being extremely ugly, while yet others describe them as being extremely beautiful, but whatever way you want to describe their looks, they are extremely charismatic creatures.  They are known for their talented singing voices, that have been fabled as drawing unsuspecting humans into their clutches.  They are able to turn fins into legs, and walk the land as humans do.  It is said by some that they have on them a special cap or cape, that if lost or stolen prevents them from returning to the salty depths of the sea.

Finfolk

Finfolk are sorcerous shapeshifters, who are very territorial.  Unlike their kinder neighbors on the island, they are seen as darker and even at times violent.  It has been known for them to abduct unwilling humans into becoming their spouses.  But with the way times have changed, they don't resort to abductions anymore, and instead have sharpened their saductive skills in capturing a mate.  Finfolk show a very adamant dislike for joining with their own kind, and it's even said that if a finfolk woman marries a finfolk men her looks will gradually disintegrate until she becomes a finfolk hag.  Thus their fixation on humans are long lasting, and ever present.  They have a weakness for silver, prizing it over any other riches, and hate any signs of Christianity, especially crosses.  They are seen as being outstandingly beautiful, and maybe a bit vain.

Other

If you know of other creatures, and would like to play them, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.

Humans

We welcome humans, although they are confined to living in Avalon and not in Two Harbors.  We have spots open for those who work at the beach resort, shops, law enforcement, etc.  You may also play a tourist visiting the island as well.

Character Name

Age: (The Sea beings have the same life span of a regular human)
Orientation:

Eye Color:
Hair Color:
Human Appearance: (Please no anime or drawn pictures.)
Species Specific Appearance: (A written description please.)

Talents:
Personality:

History:

[center][font=andale mono][size=14pt][color=blue]Insert Character Name Here[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[justify][font=andale mono]
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Species[/b]:
[b]Orientation[/b]:
[b]Occupation[/b]:

[b]Eye Color[/b]:
[b]Hair Color[/b]:
[b]Human Appearance[/b]:
[b]Species Specific Appearance[/b]:

[b]Likes[/b]:
[b]Dislikes[/b]:
[b]Talents[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:

[b]History[/b]:

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Updates

• Recycled this thread for another game idea.
  • Changed the Title.
  • Changed the Title
  • Changed the layout of the first post
  • Added a little info to the first paragraph.
  • Changed Title[/i]
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Xanatos

I could be interested. Certainly never seen a game like this before. Is there any particular plot?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Xanatos on April 14, 2011, 12:38:24 AM
I could be interested. Certainly never seen a game like this before. Is there any particular plot?

Well I was thinking of forming an all encompassing plot that focuses more on politics than anything else.  The world is changing, humans are now learning that there are many more sentient beings living among them than they could ever imagine, and once thought mythical beings are coming out in the open.  There are two differing groups among the supernaturals; those who want to be revealed and are fighting for the same political rights that humans hold.  And than those who want to keep their identities hidden, and live the same way they've lived for centuries.  The inhabitants of Two Harbors, would mirror this global debate among themselves, and I want a plot that shows this. 

So all in all, this game will be mainly about the inhabitants of this island, their inner struggle to decide what is right for them, and their interactions with both each other and the humans of the island.

[EDIT]  Ignore this post, I decided I didn't like putting this in the game after all.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ramael

Is there any word on this?

The Finfolk sound right up my street.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Ramael on April 16, 2011, 02:34:49 PM
Is there any word on this?

The Finfolk sound right up my street.

It's still up, I'm just waiting to garner enough interest to open it up.  And I agree, I think you'd make a great Finfolk person lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

AyeGill

Count me interested. I'm thinking Selki, although i may change my mind.

Ironwolf85

well if it's just aquatic then I'll do somthing based off a shark, if not I want to do a White Stag of the wld hunt
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: AyeGill on April 19, 2011, 02:08:50 PM
Count me interested. I'm thinking Selki, although i may change my mind.

Selkies are awesome!

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on April 19, 2011, 04:17:44 PM
well if it's just aquatic then I'll do somthing based off a shark, if not I want to do a White Stag of the wld hunt

Yup it's focused on Aquatic myths.  If you can find something related to a mythical shark, than let me know and I'll add it to the list.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kate

if your looking for players count me in - happy to be any type you feel suits me :) (or that you want for a race to have a representative

Reia

Hmm, I think I would enjoy playing a merperson. This could all get very interesting.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

lenka

Ok. You have raised my eyebrow indeed!

hmmm..what to play...

I would actually go for a human, but my character would be part Selki (being a half breed as you put it) but she is unaware of this fact and thinks that she is just a freak of nature.

I will do up a character sheet now. :D

Let me know if you want me to modify or can it altogether :P

lenka

Introducing: Claire Walker

Species: Human, but a half breed Selki (unknown to her)
Orientation:Straight
Occupation: hotel's water sport co-ordinator and tourist guide for groups.

Eye Color:a clean blue that can change with her emotions.
Hair Color:brunette with some faint blond streaks from exposure of the salt and sun.
Human Appearance: Claire is evenly tanned, has a slender body and is very feminine. Standing tall at 5'8, Her hair has a slight curl within it and her smile is so wide you can see her perfect pearly white teeth. Usually she wears light flowing dresses or tiny shorts and a tank top as anything heavier makes her uncomfortable. She has a uniform while she works, which makes her stand out from the tourists.

Species Specific Appearance:has webbed feet and hands. She hates these and wears thin black leather gloves on her hands while she works with tourists, even though they are not so noticeable. The webbing on her feet and hands generally seem to come out as soon as they hit water.

Likes:Everything Water related- Snorkeling, surfing, swimming, water sports and diving...basically her job. She has a  passion for dancing, parties and music, especially in the night and under the clear nights sky. Claire loves to star gaze and walks along the beach bare foot and always alone, often she would watch the seals that play near the shores of the island. She wears the bare minimum of clothing and loves the sun and taking in the heat of the rays. Reading romance novels and sipping colored cocktails is how she relaxes, while meeting people that are friendly and respective of the island she lives on always gives her pleasure. She loves the Island and feels so connected when in the water. Claire acts older than her age, she finds Older men much more attractive compared to teenage boys her age, but then again hasn't experienced anything sexual.

Dislikes: Her freaky webbed feet and webbed hands. Loud, obnoxious and disrespectful people. Sleazy and drunken men. Mosquitoes, Kiwi Fruit and smokers.
Talents:Great and powerful swimmer, she can breath under water for longer than anyone else she has known, (holding her breath for about 10 mins) Drawing and creating artwork (sandcastles). Claire has an Infectious smile that gets her what she likes (yes it's a talent), she is also Qualified in CPR
Personality: Bubbly and carefree. She is down to earth although sometimes she is off with the fairy's, often caught talking to herself. Claire will put everyone else before her own needs and make sure their happiness is always foremost the essential result. Her job is her life, even though she doesn't take too much time out for herself.

History: Claire is one of the younger residents on the island. Having been brought up there for as long as she can remember, she lives with her grandmother away from the vicinity of the hotel and tourism area. Her parents had passed when she was young so she had never got a chance to meet them, but had only heard of stories that her grandmother had passed to her. Growing up on the island, Claire is known by all of the residents and works hard to keep the tourists in line and to protect the magical beauty of it. Watching so many couples making love on the beach and amongst the sand dunes, she always felt the loneliness heavy inside of her at some times. Claire has always though herself as pretty, but never gave herself a chance to become close with anyone. Her whole life was the water and bringing people the gift of it's enjoyment. She had only been off the island twice and threw up violently as soon as she couldn't see it any more....since then she has never left and plans to die on it for all she could care.

Claire doesn't have any plans for the future, all she knows is that the island is part of her and can feel the magical connection that surrounds it. Noticing it with the tourists that come through and leave transformed in a sedated way, she simply lives a quiet life even though she feels there is a part of her missing.

Crythan

I'm also really interested in this topic :)
If you'll have me, I'd love to join in as a Finfolk when the time comes.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Kate on April 21, 2011, 10:07:39 PM
if your looking for players count me in - happy to be any type you feel suits me :) (or that you want for a race to have a representative

Awesome, I'd love to have you!  Hmmm I'm still thinking about other races that can be available, but there will be time to decide which you'd like.  I haven't thought about representatives yet, but I just might, and I'll let you know when I come to decision about it :)
Quote from: Reia on April 24, 2011, 09:48:41 PM
Hmm, I think I would enjoy playing a merperson. This could all get very interesting.

I think a merperson would be perfect for you!

Quote from: lenka on April 25, 2011, 05:40:02 AM
Ok. You have raised my eyebrow indeed!

hmmm..what to play...

I would actually go for a human, but my character would be part Selki (being a half breed as you put it) but she is unaware of this fact and thinks that she is just a freak of nature.

I will do up a character sheet now. :D

Let me know if you want me to modify or can it altogether :P

I love it, and it's perfect!  I'll let you know when I put up a character sheet.

Quote from: Crythan on April 26, 2011, 02:40:56 PM
  I'm also really interested in this topic :)
If you'll have me, I'd love to join in as a Finfolk when the time comes.

Of course we'll have you!  And a Finfolk is perfect!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Hotaru37

I would love to join as well when the time comes if you are still letting people in.  I am not quite sure what type of the water creatures yet though.
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

undisclosedtoyou

I've been thinking about this game for a while now, and I hate to say it but I'm going to put off starting this one for a bit.  I'll definitely be opening it soon, but I need to work on the plot and the universe still.  I do apologize to people who've been looking forward to playing in this game, it will be opened, just not right now.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

lenka

Not a problem undisclosedtoyou.
Look forward when it gets up and running, thanks for the notice as well.

If you could just PM me when the time comes, that would be appreciated.

*huggles*

Len

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: lenka on May 06, 2011, 09:08:02 PM
Not a problem undisclosedtoyou.
Look forward when it gets up and running, thanks for the notice as well.

If you could just PM me when the time comes, that would be appreciated.

*huggles*

Len

I will completely do that!  It's the least I could do.  I feel terrible about having to do it, but I want everything worked out in my head before starting it and than it comes out sub par and disappointing.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kaisude

Well I am interested. So yeah send a pm my way and I will have a CS up. The Selki seem up my ally. I

Kate

Hmm its a shame this one didnt get off the ground

it has a really surreal dreamy feel to it which is rare in these forums