Warhammer- Evil quest

Started by DKDBSD, November 05, 2011, 04:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKDBSD

I'm currently considering the idea of an rp set in the Warhammer (Fantasy) universe and I'm curious if their are any takers. As an player of destruction (Dark elves). I was thinking of basing this around a sort of evil fellowship of sorts. They have the same goal's but they are of course planning to stab the other's in the back as soon as they get the chance.

Questions

What is that goal?

To seek out and destroy a new cult of a Daemon prince.

What race's?

Their are a number of races in the warhammer world and I'm going to list them.

Humans - Either an Empire or Bretonia though they are technically good a human could be a worshipper of Chaos.
Dwarfs - Chaos Dwarves would be the most obvious
Elves - This depends on who joins we could easily play the big rivalry between the Dark and High. (As a warning my main is "dark elf" Dreadlord and my second will a very bitter High Elf who is her body guard purely for reasons I can explain. (And in halves yet to entirely figure out).
Chaos- Demons! or Warriors of chaos
Green Skins- Orc's Goblins! Have at it these crazy bastards are awesome!
Skaven - Rat people treacherous creatures with the most chaotic spells and weaponry.

Can we existing characters?

Simple answer is no this would be our own story in the Warhammer world and half of the characters about wouldn't travel well.

Dark elves - I've set a basic plot and would like to set that only three more dark elves would be wise. For example a temple assassin would be very cool. >D (I'll be writing the bio for one more "Dark" elf. Later on.

DKDBSD

Bio (Work in progress)

Name: (full preferably something that fits)
Age: (Here we want adults for obvious reasons. So humans should be no younger then twenty)
Race:
Appearance: (image and or description)
Equipment:
Familiar and or Mount: (A character may have any mount that fits within their race's listing (culturally) and a pet or two. These pets are less restricted. However monstrous mounts are strictly limited ie Dragons, manticores etc.)
Background:

sinoraa

DKDBSD

(I forgot the Vampire counts)

Shiny what kind of character would you want to create.

MiaKage

I'm interested! I love the settings in warhammer. Would it be alright to play a Wood Elf Wardancer?
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

DKDBSD

Quote from: MiaKage on November 05, 2011, 11:33:45 AM
I'm interested! I love the settings in warhammer. Would it be alright to play a Wood Elf Wardancer?

Of course, what we need to do is to know what people want to play and devise a plot. My dark elf's major beef with the wood elves is (well they nicked a magical artefact. XD )

Ok thanks to Mia Kage I have an idea for a plot. This rp will revolve against our group fighting against a specific cult of Chaos . It will be a being separate from the other chaos Deamons and will for reasons I shall leave up to each individual rpier. Have hurt or insulted the first person to select a character of each race will have the initial say on why that race is after this cult.

Urbanzorro

Ohh ohh, I call Chaos. Assuming no one has via pm/you're accepting chaos characters.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

DKDBSD

Of course I just figured the best enemy would be an Deamon of Chaos. A separatist in effect, I'd need your chaos character to be part of the main grouping. Now I imagine for the dark elves that this cult has some how slighted Malekith or the cult of Kain. This being the reason my two characters have been sent to, teach them a lesson they'll never forget. I'd want to end the rp on a sort of epic battle for lols.

DKDBSD

I hate double posting but I figure I should start showing characters. Here will be my first and then second character. I may have more as we need or I might keep them as NPC's. The fact is my other characters are of little consequence or sorceresses and I don't want to play fighters and magic users for this rp. I can also use the same characters as guides.

Name: Linwë Felagunda - She is known as the Auron Lea
Race: Druuchi aka Dark elf
Appearance: A tall lean woman built for speedy combat using a pair of swords, she has red eye's and golden blonde hair (see bio). She wears dark red cloths mostly, when travelling she wears leathers and when on the battle field she wears a specially forged suit of armour. This magical armour (it's an item in the game) allows for minor wounds to heal and regenerate far faster while she still wears the armour.
Equipment: As a noble of Naggoroth Linwë is skilled and well equipped
Swords
Her swords are made from fine dark steel adorned with ruins for cutting and cleaving, the hilt, cross guard and pommel are decorated with ruins and images of "black lions". This one of a kind set was forged by the most skilled smiths in Naggoroth and were among the first true gift Linwë previously cold husband presented to her. They are a mark of his self devotion and subservience.
Crossbow
A repeater crossbow crafted from Mahogany and steel.
Armour of Servitude
The armour of servitude a powerful magical armour that grants the wearer the ability to regenerate certain wounds.
Auren Lea mask
This mask protects it's wearer's lovely visage while also inspiring terror, their are many people that still remember the rumours of a pale, golden haired maiden. How she would be discovered on the shores and within weeks the town would be laid to waste. No one is sure how many towns fell to this tactic but it is certain that the no high elf, Wood elf, Empire or Bretonia settlement was safe.
Familar and Mount
Linwe rides a cold one as her mount and is accompanied by two black lions. Take this and give it a black body and grey mane and then do the reverse on the other.
Background: Linwë Felagunda is a Dread lady by both birth and marriage born as a result of rape, her initial younger years were haunted by the very fact that she looked like an maiden of Ulthuan. During those initial years she received a pittance of training and attention from her father and spent as much time as possible learning about her mother's home land.* When she reached adulthood Linwë was surprised though pleased  to learn that she was able to take a Hakseer or proving cruise, during her first cruise Linwë earned bother her rank and title.

During the cruise at five individual points** she hid among the corsairs or slaves and then "escaped" allowing herself to be "rescued" by people near prosperous town's in Ulthuan, Bretonnia and the realms of the empire. After spending some weeks would call in her ships and reap the benefits by acquiring more plunder then would be expected during a Hakseer.*** The years that followed her Hakseer lead to a number of successes including the recruitment of a former slave as a retainer out of spite for her father and a number of other raids and cruises. Her ultimate achievement to date is the founding of the largest fighting pit in all Naggorath a giant Coliseum filled with monsters and petty creatures taken from other lands.

In the last thirty years their has been a sudden increase in the discovery of chaos relics and worshippers of a Daemon prince more destructive then Slaneshi. A great deal of said discoveries have been uprooted by both the Church of Khaine and the Witchkings own forces. Linwë father in law seeing the potential rewards for destroying such a curse grants Linwë a "Writ of iron" and orders her to seek out this "new" cult of Chaos.

(*Her fathers play thing, because that's the ultimate insult to High Elf Nobility.
** A Hakseer lasts about a decade
*** I wasn't sure how to fit this point so I'll put it here. Technically Linwë is married to another Dreadlord and specifically the prince of another city. This is part of why her strategy was so successful.)

Name: Fëanáro Nénharma
Race: High elf
Appearance: (work in progress)
Equipment:
Champion Axe
Fëanáro wields a double headed axe this one resembles the axe he had when he was in service to the Phoenix king. However this axe is enchanted with spells meant for causing bloody painful death. He wields it with great skill and never waists his time with thoughtless strikes, he was presented with this axe after swearing fealty to Linwë.
Armour Auren fastotus (Armour of the Golden pride)
The armour Fëanáro wears is a twisted mockery of the Chrace armour, it resembles it in parts but is different in tone and intent.
Throwing axes
Fëanáro carries six throwing Axe which he uses when his bow is unavailable.
Bow
Though he despises his former kinsman Fëanáro is not one to discard useful skills, during his time in self exile he made sure that his skill with an elven bow remained superb. He personally dislikes the repeater crossbows that are used by his mistress, her kinsman and his underlings.
Familiar and or Mount: A cold one he rides only to ensure he can keep a complete eye on his mistress.
Background: (I'm still working on it. My most recent attempt was really long winded. :/ )

Urbanzorro

Bio

Name: Varrus The Corrupter
Race: Chaotic Human
History:
Varrus has, on many occasions, openly stated that the accomplishments of his 'previous life' no matter how grand or impressive. Are utterly inconsequential, all that is important, according to him, is what he has done after the point at which he dedicated his existence to serving Chaos. As such there is very little record of anything about Varrus before he returned from his pilgrimage clad in his armor. Not even his original name is known by any other than him.

But his exploits after having devoted himself to Chaos are recorded. And the picture they paint is one of a man who has forsaken his humanity in pursuit of power, glory, and immortality. Varrus has lived longer than should be possible for any man. And in that time he has killed rivals, slaughtered townships, raped virgins upon the shrines of the very Gods they worshiped, and done much much more. No act is beyond him should it further his goals or bring glory to one of the Dark Gods.

Just before taking on his current quest, Varrus was the leader of a warband of northmen feared by neighboring warbands for their utter lack of mercy to all but the finest slaves and warriors. While making camp one day Varrus was struck by a sudden instinctual tug at the back of his mind. As if an idea was trying to force its way into his mind.

His tribe's shaman, after an exhaustive investigation of the situation, advised Varrus that the Dark Gods themselves had a message for him. But a proper sacrifice was needed to bridge the gap to his mind.

Without giving it a second thought Varrus quickly slew the shaman and exited the tent and began to single-handedly butcher his entire warband. After the last warrior had fallen Varrus experienced a communion with the Chaos Gods. It was during this communion that the importance of what was required of him was explained. As were the rewards... Exactly what was said, and what was promised is unknown to any but Varrus and the Gods of Chaos. But when he awoke he knew his purpose and set out to fulfill it.

Equipment: In addition, and some cases replacement, to his normal equipment Varrus has been given many tools and gifts by the Dark Gods in order to achieve their goals and in exchange for taking up this quest.
Armor:
In addition to his deamon forged armor the Dark Gods have seen fit to bestow other forms of protection upon Varrus.
Chaos Armor
In exchange for his vow of a lifetime of service the Dark Gods have gifted Varus with a suit of Chaos Armor, forged by deamons, this baroque armor is extremely tough and offers extremely effective protection from nearly all forms of attack.
Nurglings
Shaped after Nurgle himself, Nurglings are small Daemons that are born in the entrails of the Great Unclean Ones. They are known to make the well-being of their champions and hosts a personal matter. When their host or master engages in battle, they swarm at the enemy, making up for their lack of strength and size with raw numbers and highly infectious claws and bites. Despite their good will, Nurglings are also mischievous in nature and cannot be trusted with certain tasks as they tend to wander off or cause damage without supervision. Nurgle has dispatched a brood of Nurglings to serve and aid Varrus in his quest. They make their home within a small portion of Varrus's armor.
Talisman of Tzeentch
The Talisman of Tzeentch is linked into the warp and is a blight on the mental control of those who would use magic against its bearer. Unwilling to see such a useful tool destroyed too easily, Tzeentch has granted one such talisman to Varrus, that it may protect him from those who would seek to use magic against the God of Magic's chosen tool. As such it offers Varrus some protection against harmful magic directed towards him. And also has a small chance of rebounding said spells upon their user rather than Varrus.
Weapons:
When Varrus agreed to undertake this quest for the Dark Gods, they judged his mortal weapons to be less than adequate for the task at hand. As such they were replaced by weapons more worthy of his mission. 
Hellblade
A powerful warp-forged blade of wicked sharpness that no man-made armor can withstand. It is said that each Hellblade is forged within the realm of Khorne and possessed by a raging daemon. Khorne had this particular Hellblade forged for this specific purpose and bestowed it upon Varrus. So that every drop of blood, and every skull taken by it be dedicated to the Blood God
Lash of Torment
A living whip with wicked spikes along its length and is warm to the touch, writhing with what appears to be a will of its own; further evidence for it being alive. It lives off the fear of those surrounding it and it expels this feeling to those around. Not to be outdone by his opposite, The Prince of Pleasure has seen fit to bestow Varrus with a Lash of Torment so that he will always witness the bounties of excess.
Gifts of Chaos
An existence of service to Chaos has allowed Varrus to collect many gifts from all of the Chaos Gods he honors.
Mark of Chaos Undivided
The physical and spiritual changes which Chaos Gods might choose to brand favored servants with. Along with the mark, the bearer becomes a Champion of Chaos, a recognized servant devoted for the rest of his existence to championing the cause of Chaos. The Mark of Chaos Undivided is a glyph given to a follower of Chaos who devotes him/herself to all four of the Dark Gods. Varrus is able to have his prayers answered by any of the four Gods of Chaos and as such it is not unknown for him to receive aid in his times of greatest need. 
Daemonic Name
A secret name derived from impossible vowels and consonants voiced in the tongue of daemons which he is known by in the warp. This name grants Varrus status amongst daemons and the ability to command those who are of weaker will than him and who's goals match his own.
Strange Voice
Varrus has had his vocal cords twisted and distorted by the power of the warp. He now possesses a deep resounding voice that is tinged with an inhuman quality. To some it is the sound of a daemon, to others almost mechanical. It allows him to be clearly heard even over the din of the loudest of battles.
Steel-Hearted
Varrus has seen the depths of the warp and now the concerns of the mortal men seem trivial at most. He is fearless of the terrors of the material universe and only earning the ire of the warp can scare him.
One Thousand and One Senses
After a particularly excessive orgy of pleasure and pain for every one of his senses Varrus was gifted by Slaanesh with an entirely new and previously unheard of array of sensory perceptions. The merest of which makes those he was born with pale in insignificance. Thanks to these senses he is able to perceive things that normal humans should not be capable of.
Ecstatic Duplication
In recognition of his talents for deception and clever planning. As well as the sacrifice of an entire expedition of witch hunters. Tzeentch saw fit to gift Varrus. Now with the aid of Tzeentch, death is but another foe Varrus has defeated. For upon his upon death Varrus's body divides into two blue horrors. Which will flee to a safe place where he may be reborn from their congealed essence.
Wreathed in Chaos
After several lifetimes worth of bloodshed, slaughter, and battle Khorne has wrapped Varrus in the very essence of Chaos. So infused with warpn is Varrus that it leaks from the joints in his armor and coils his nose as well as his mouth. Taking the form the heat of Khornes infernal forges Varrus's aura causes the air around the him to ripple and distort during battle, making him that much harder a target to hit from range.
Darksoul
Varrus once laced an extensively used well with one of the many poxes of Nurgle. And as such he is personally responsible for the infection of three entire villages which had previously been untouched by disease. This action brought much joy and amusement to Grandfather Nurgle and Varrus's soul glows darkly with the love Nurgle has for him. His eyes flicker with the lambent energies of the warp and the air chills with his passing, his very image is horrifying to those that would stand against him. 
Familiar and or Mount:
Mount:
Steed of Slaanesh
Swift and powerful Daemonic creatures of Slaanesh, capable of running for eternity without ever tiring, they are often used as mounts for mortal or daemonic champions of Slaanesh. Upon taking his quest Varrus woke to find a steed of Slaanesh feeding on the corpse of his horse outside of his tent. The message was clear.
Familiar
Flesh Hound
Canine Daemons that exist to hunt down the enemies of Khorne. They are tireless predators that possess a crimson skin as durable as mesh armor, massive claws and teeth, as well as amazing speed. Each Flesh Hound has a Collar of Khorne growing out its neck. These protect the Daemon from psychic attacks, making them highly efficient against psykers. Khorne has gifted Varrus with a single flesh hound to act as a tracker and killer of Varrus's prey.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ryven

Are you setting this in the tabletop world or more like the MMO world?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Ryven on November 07, 2011, 11:31:31 AM
Are you setting this in the tabletop world or more like the MMO world?

My experience is mostly with the table top game but I doubt we'll get the chance to have giant battles. Besides the MMO and TT game are the same story and universe. Also Urban that is very thorough. Me thinks I should give more to Linwe or at least her magic resistant pendent.

Urbanzorro

@DKDBSD: Thanks, I actually have quite a soft spot in my heart for Chaos so he was fun to write/kit out. And he is admittedly an adaptation of my Chaos Lord from WH40K

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Urbanzorro on November 07, 2011, 06:24:55 PM
@DKDBSD: Thanks, I actually have quite a soft spot in my heart for Chaos so he was fun to write/kit out. And he is admittedly an adaptation of my Chaos Lord from WH40K

AAAaaaaaaaah. Well Linwe is my main Dreadlord in fantasy. XD The armour she wears gives her regen I'm half tempted to use images of the two modals. I'm quite proud of the paint job I did on the fine cast Dreadlord on Cold one figure. Chaos are very fun and I like the way they look.

Ryven

Quote from: DKDBSD on November 07, 2011, 06:00:00 PM
My experience is mostly with the table top game but I doubt we'll get the chance to have giant battles. Besides the MMO and TT game are the same story and universe. Also Urban that is very thorough. Me thinks I should give more to Linwe or at least her magic resistant pendent.

They do carry the same story, but there were a few things that were tailored specifically for the MMO.  Some of the classes in the game don't even exist in the tabletop game which is why I asked.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Ryven on November 08, 2011, 03:57:07 PM
They do carry the same story, but there were a few things that were tailored specifically for the MMO.  Some of the classes in the game don't even exist in the tabletop game which is why I asked.

True but in general most are the same, the male sorcerer is mostly for convenience as is the disciple of Khaine. I don't know about most of the other races though.

DKDBSD

Here's the Link https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123953.0 If you guy's are interested please prep a bio for at least one character. It would be nice if we could  have a good mix, even some characters who aren't from a strictly evil race. That would be kind of cool, please note that a character bio doesn't have to be as large as Urbanzorro's. Though his has made me want to add more to the character, especially as this rp is the best opportunity for me to make the character more complete.

Urbanzorro

Yeah, I have a horrible habit of creating overly elaborate characters :S, please don't think that its in any way my vision of a standard lol.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Urbanzorro on November 08, 2011, 05:57:29 PM
Yeah, I have a horrible habit of creating overly elaborate characters :S, please don't think that its in any way my vision of a standard lol.

Good to know I need to add more. Does this guy exist in your army at all?

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

DKDBSD

Urbanzorro

Well like I said he's an adaptation of my Chaos Lord from 40K, but yes he is actually one of my Chaos Space Marine's army's HQ choices.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Urbanzorro on November 08, 2011, 06:54:54 PM
Well like I said he's an adaptation of my Chaos Lord from 40K, but yes he is actually one of my Chaos Space Marine's army's HQ choices.

Ah don't play fantasy then?

Urbanzorro

I've always had a thing for sci-fi so 40K got me 1st, though I have been considering taking up fantasy as well, just a question of funds/time/when lol.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Urbanzorro on November 08, 2011, 07:53:49 PM
I've always had a thing for sci-fi so 40K got me 1st, though I have been considering taking up fantasy as well, just a question of funds/time/when lol.

Yeah definitely especially funds.