Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Started by Risa, April 24, 2009, 07:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risa

A school where anything can happen, a school where you learn magic, mix potions and learn spells that can help you overthrow your enemy. Of course, it'll be a more "Adult" school, with applicants starting at an age of at least 18. I know there's already a Hogwarts game up on the database, but I don't think it's active. So I want to start one up again.

Yes, this will be a mix of canon characters and OC's, and all sexualities are welcome. If you're interested, and you want to give me suggestions, please post here. If you want to play a canon character (i.e. Harry, Ron, Hermione, etc), please send me at least a paragraph of you playing that character. There is no exact limit of post size, but I'd like at least a paragraph, it makes it harder to reply to if it isn't long enough. I don't want to have too many restrictions, though.

Characters taken:

PreciousPetra

I'm very interested and have sent you a PM with various writing samples to see if I pass muster. I started out in RP doing Harry Potter on journals some years back and I still miss them.

Kittenchan

You know you have found the purrrfect one when every gesture is affectionate. >^.^<

How many kids with ADD does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Risa

Oooh, good. At least I have a few people interested. =P

DizzyP

I've  always wanted to do something where where i am a Professor of Muggle Studies.

Risa

That you can. I just need to wait for a few more people to be interested before we can really kick things off.

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Kittenchan

I wouldn't mind pulling out two characters for this one too... a m/m and a f/m pairing maybe?

You know you have found the purrrfect one when every gesture is affectionate. >^.^<

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Vandren

It's been a while, but could be interesting.  Could dust off my old Prof of Ancient Runes (Thorir Orlog from "Hogwarts: Students Having Fun" here on E).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Risa

Well, I'm glad that you've all expressed at least a bit of interest in the game.  Take your time getting your characters together, and I'll work on the starting post. It would be nice if I had someone to help me figure stuff out, too.

Kip

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kip

Alrighty, after a coupla PMs I'm most certainly up for the M/M pairing suggested - I love the Hogwarts-verse and upgrading it to 18+ suits me to a tee...

As for original vs canon characters, I'm easy going....  will wait and see who picks what and fit in.

~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kittenchan

Me and Kip want to do Harry/Draco if someone doesn't ant to steal them from something else. *has a giddy giggle fit* I haven't done a fanfic type rp in forever.... Can anyone tell?

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Risa

Hehe, that certainly sounds interesting to me. Gives me a bit of a push to get things together x3

Risa

By the way, since you want to play canon characters, you'll have to send me a sample of your posting. Nothing much, just a paragraph or two, just to be fair.

Kip

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Rhapsody

Who's playing what canon character, if I could ask?  Just so I know which ones are taken.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Risa

Um, I can't really say for sure yet. I'll make a decision on that later. But for right now, just send in a sample post for whatever character you want to play.

Saku

Well since you have so many interested I wouldn't mind coming into this xD. I can play either a male or a female depending on what you need :) Please let me know! I'll shoot you a PM and talk there!
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Risa

Sweet =P I'll be getting up the thread soon.

Risa

Hm...I'm having trouble putting the game in a category. Any suggestions?

Kip

Quote from: Risa on April 25, 2009, 09:42:49 PM
Hm...I'm having trouble putting the game in a category. Any suggestions?

What possibilities are you considering??

Also, PM incoming :D

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Vandren

Regarding sections, here are some thoughts:

1) It's going to be Human, unless you're up to allowing Centaur or Goblin characters (even part-Giants would fall into the Human category).

2) Freeform is obvious since no system's been mentioned here (only applies to the NC category anyway).

3) As to the other part of the category, I would say it depends on how far you're willing for things to go.  Look at the Light, Bondage, NC, Extreme part as the maximum limit of what's possible.  Not what will actually happen, but what you as mod(s) is/are willing to allow.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Risa

Quote from: Vandren on April 25, 2009, 09:55:58 PM
Regarding sections, here are some thoughts:

1) It's going to be Human, unless you're up to allowing Centaur or Goblin characters (even part-Giants would fall into the Human category).

2) Freeform is obvious since no system's been mentioned here (only applies to the NC category anyway).

3) As to the other part of the category, I would say it depends on how far you're willing for things to go.  Look at the Light, Bondage, NC, Extreme part as the maximum limit of what's possible.  Not what will actually happen, but what you as mod(s) is/are willing to allow.

That's some very good advice, thank you for your input. The thread will be up shortly.

Risa

Character thread and OOC threads are now up in Light: Human Small Groups.