DEUS EX 3. Bloody hell I cant wait for this.

Started by ULTIMATEMALE, June 27, 2010, 03:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ULTIMATEMALE

Man I was and still am a huge fan of the original game that came out back in 2000.  It was so innovative for its time.  So many story branches and unique characters.  So many special abilities to choose. The realism implemented into the game for it time was flat out outstanding.  This game will be in my top 5.  To say the very least. 

anybody else everplayed Deus Ex. 

Revolverman

Loved Deus Ex 1. This game worries me though. Even though its set before Deus Ex 1, the world looks far and away advanced to the world in Deus Ex 1.

Sabby

I preferred Invisible War, even if the engine was pretty clunky.

ULTIMATEMALE

Quote from: Revolverman on June 27, 2010, 04:01:34 PM
Loved Deus Ex 1. This game worries me though. Even though its set before Deus Ex 1, the world looks far and away advanced to the world in Deus Ex 1.

Yeah that is my top concern and the automatic COD like health regeneratin system further the lack of dialouge choices and roleplay elements.  I hope this game design team isnt just focusing on plain old action. 

Inkidu

The Official title is: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (I think doing it from memory)

I tried to play 1 but by the time I got it I couldn't get into the antiquated-ness of it. Retro only works if nostalgia is involved. Played Invisible War and it was good but I can see why the fanboys gripe.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Passionate Ink

Hopefully Deus Ex 3 don't end up like most of the games released in the past years and can keep
up with the quality of the series.
Passionate Ink has requested an indefinite account restriction as of 2 September 2010.

Callie Del Noire

Womb Raider

Quote from: ULTIMATEMALE on June 27, 2010, 03:38:19 PM
Man I was and still am a huge fan of the original game that came out back in 2000.  It was so innovative for its time.  So many story branches and unique characters.  So many special abilities to choose. The realism implemented into the game for it time was flat out outstanding.  This game will be in my top 5.  To say the very least. 

anybody else everplayed Deus Ex.

is the original really 10 years old, blimy, loved that game played it to death, still got a copy for my ps 2 at home
A magister can ostendo vos ianua , tamen vos must penetro per vestri

ULTIMATEMALE

the ps2 version sucked, and yes the game is 10 years old lol it came out june 2000 making 10 years and 1 month old.  moddb just celebrated its 10th anniversary.   Deus ex 3 will be called Deus Ex 3 human revolution.  The trailer was amazing but there was no gameplay footage.  I wonder the sorts of conspiracy theories they will have in the game.  I wonder if Zionist Isreal will be involved. 

Inkidu

Fair warning though, it is a prequel to the events of Deus Ex. Which, is not a bad thing. After so many years inactive a prequel would be just the thing to get new blood hooked on the franchise. Apparently also, all non-enemy NPCs can be conversed with, and the coolest power I heard mentioned was the ability to punch through a wall and kill the guard on the other side. Though there are tons more.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Womb Raider

Quote from: ULTIMATEMALE on July 14, 2010, 06:40:26 PM
the ps2 version sucked, and yes the game is 10 years old lol it came out june 2000 making 10 years and 1 month old.  moddb just celebrated its 10th anniversary.   Deus ex 3 will be called Deus Ex 3 human revolution.  The trailer was amazing but there was no gameplay footage.  I wonder the sorts of conspiracy theories they will have in the game.  I wonder if Zionist Isreal will be involved.

I can see this costing me money, bet the PC version will be best and I will end up spending money upgrading my PC yet again. Those 10 years have flown past lol. 
A magister can ostendo vos ianua , tamen vos must penetro per vestri

Sabby

As much as I'm looking forward to it, ya also gotta be prepared for the possibility that it's a dumb shooter with some inventory and conversations thrown in. Or maybe the controls suck. Maybe the gameplay isn't very polished. It could have the best story, voice acting, graphics, lists and lists of unique powers and skills, lots of room for character development, and at the same time be a sliding, bouncy protagonist with a twitchy reticle who stops for a second when shot.

That's the thing with CG commercials... they're awesome, but don't reflect the game. Being let down too many times, ya can't help but be a bit of a realist. Look at Invisible War. Great game, but awful shooter mechanics, clunky game engine... DE:HR has every chance to rule and every chance to be a total mess.

Inkidu

Hemingway

I only got into Deus Ex a few months ago, when they were on sale on Steam. I gotta say, even though I haven't managed to play through either yet, I'm loving DE1. Invisible War was so-so. Watered-down compared to the original, with a story that was a lot less involving. I mean, Order and WTO? I was given no reason to side with either. I just picked one at random. And I know, I know, they're the same, and blah blah.

Deus Ex was a lot better. Gotta love non-lethal weapons.