In a press release, Darth Vader has said "Obi-wan Kenobi is dead"

Started by Wolfy, May 13, 2011, 03:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

http://www.galacticempiretimes.com/2011/05/09/galaxy/outer-rim/obi-wan-kenobi-is-killed.html#

But Vader refuses to release photos.

QuoteCORUSCANT — Obi-Wan Kenobi, the mastermind of some of the most devastating attacks on the Galactic Empire and the most hunted man in the galaxy, was killed in a firefight with Imperial forces near Alderaan, Darth Vader announced on Sunday.

Kunoichi

I think the comments on the article are the best part, myself.

QuoteSadly, even this victory likely won't satisfy Vader's critics -- they can't stand that he is black.

Sabby

Ah, the South Park tactic. Take a situation, retell it in as ridiculous a fashion as possible, removing it entirely from the realm of possibility, while also maintaining an unmistakable resemblance with the real life event. Great way of giving perspective to the worlds general retardation.

Oniya

I didn't feel like paging through 208765 comments.  Did anyone mention that Obi-Wan's body actually vanished completely, rather than being dumped out an airlock?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hemingway

You know, that is suspicious. Imagine what a hard time Darth Vader would have had, trying to explain to people that Obi-Wan just disapperaed. Imagine if Obama had tried telling people that!

Starlequin

Not only that, but think of the panic that would ensue once the people started wondering when and where he'd re-spawn.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Craz

When even the SPAM for the comment section is about cheap blasters and parts, I can feel happy that I am part of a generation where the geeky is common.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Yorubi

No photos... its just a lie. If it was true they would show the body! Someone is looking for 're-election' from their sith lord and using this as a ploy I say!

MasterMischief

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 13, 2011, 04:22:49 AM
I think the comments on the article are the best part, myself.

Agreed.  I found them funnier than the 'article' itself.

I heard from a reliable source inside the Imperial Battle Station (people need to stop referring to it as a Death Star, do you have any idea how many jobs that thing has provided, but I digress...)

Classic.   ;D

Ramael

Quote from: Sabby on May 13, 2011, 05:00:01 AM
Ah, the South Park tactic. Take a situation, retell it in as ridiculous a fashion as possible, removing it entirely from the realm of possibility, while also maintaining an unmistakable resemblance with the real life event. Great way of giving perspective to the worlds general retardation.

...or it's just funny to a bunch of smart/geeky people.

Y'know.

Shjade

As an aside, I'm pretty sure that tactic was used long before South Park existed. They called it...um...saturr? Suteer?

Satire! That was it.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabby

Aleph

Two things...

1) Ummm...shouldn't this statement be given by the Emperor? *yeah yeah I know, satire and all :P *

2) I await a release of the photgraph of the Emperor, Vader, Mara Jade, Grand Moff Tarkin and a host of others sitting around a table, watching footage of Kenobi's death :)

Sabby

Wait, wait, wait... does this mean we just made Osama more powerful? o.o