News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Heroes Rise: The Hero Project!

Started by Juggtacular, June 09, 2015, 04:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darwishi

He'll be going at about time and half that speed.  She'd probably still do it, maybe if he agrees to take her on a flight or something. =P 

So speaking of the game.  How are things going, Jugg and dame?

Captain Whitebread

He'd totally make that trade.  <Wide Evil GrilTM>
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Juggtacular

I've said it before. And I'll say it again. Thank everyone for you guys patience and understanding. RL has been a straight up bitch to me lately in that I just can't seem to find any free time to sit down and make this thing. BUT I'm in luck. I'm basically free all day today, and that's what I'll be doing, working on Hero Project. Gonna put up the rules shortly. Finish my personal app and several NPC apps for members of both the Meta Corps as well as some villainous sorts(who you baddies can and will be working with) and independent heroes/villains. Put up some info about the HP Group Mansion, etc, etc...

Yukina

Darwishi

Quote from: Juggtacular on June 25, 2015, 09:59:22 AM
I've said it before. And I'll say it again. Thank everyone for you guys patience and understanding. RL has been a straight up bitch to me lately in that I just can't seem to find any free time to sit down and make this thing. BUT I'm in luck. I'm basically free all day today, and that's what I'll be doing, working on Hero Project. Gonna put up the rules shortly. Finish my personal app and several NPC apps for members of both the Meta Corps as well as some villainous sorts(who you baddies can and will be working with) and independent heroes/villains. Put up some info about the HP Group Mansion, etc, etc...

Woohoo!

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on June 24, 2015, 05:24:23 PM
He'd totally make that trade.  <Wide Evil GrilTM>

Why do I get the feeling that he's going to drop her? lol

MissFire

If my villain doesn't make it in I do have an idea for a Class III heroine whose power is that she can summon an infinite number of 8x11 pieces of copy paper. And she's very good at origami.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Darwishi

How did the rule making/game building day go, Juggtacular?

Juggtacular

ATTENTION!!

The character thread has been added under "Game Links" in the first post. If you didn't notice, Rules are also at the bottom of the first post as well.

Yukina

I can't find Satomi posted in the thread. Shall I add her?

Juggtacular

Quote from: Yugishogun on June 30, 2015, 04:58:40 PM
I can't find Satomi posted in the thread. Shall I add her?

She wasn't missed. We're just both scurrying around right now. She'll be up in a bit though, no worries.

Darwishi

So I may have assumed I needed to PM the profile to you... that's why I sent the PM.  ^_^  Also because the rules state that I need to send a character profile via PM to both of you.

Juggtacular

Thanks Darwishi. You're good though. Your app will be up in the character thread soon. :)

Yukina

Quote from: Juggtacular on June 30, 2015, 05:01:20 PM
She wasn't missed. We're just both scurrying around right now. She'll be up in a bit though, no worries.

Ok :)

Juggtacular

I'm working on the other two judges of the Hero Project right now.

la dame en noir

Okay so i fixed up the character thread sooo yeah =.=
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Juggtacular

All of the Judges have now been added!

Darwishi

Do we have an OOC thread so we don't bump the request thread every time?

la dame en noir

I'll talk got Jugg when he's awake. He had a very long day today.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Zaer Darkwail

Writer's name here

Name: ????
Alias/Code-Name: White Death a.c.a 'Reaper'
Sexuality: ?? (hetero)

Your Villain in detail
Power Class: omni
Power(s): Perfect Shot - Reaper has supernatural level ability to make any shot to happen. Even break laws of physics as they are known. Exact origin how this works (metal manipulation, telekinesis, extreme natural focus etc) is unknown. As his shots always land on the target despite any circumstantial hazards, even hit targets which he cannot see (but which he is aware of and are inside range of his rifle). The shots impact are not more powerful nor special in itself, it's just sheer accuracy of them that it has reached point that he never misses. With supers powers included which would normally interfere with his shots (shots cannot penetrate absolute perfect barriers raised in time before his shot lands, but even narrow gap in such defense he can find and exploit).

Camouflage - This creates him almost perfect invisibility when he remains still; not detectable to electronics and most super senses. But when on move he creates 'glimmering' air pattern. This is produced by high tech camouflage cloak which he is wearing and in default setting it is pure white garment which conceals all his features.

Uncanny Survival - Reaper has shown several times in past to defy death, it's unknown is he truly immortal or just damn hard to kill as he shows no signs of regeneration, healing factor or other means to heal himself if injured. It's just that when superhero who bombards entire area with high density energy barrage which is comparable being fired at several napalm bombs and nuke rockets in area where he was at, still surviving it, indicates he can be tougher to kill very least blindly firing at his location. More so when he has high wired danger sense which tells him when to jump and run.

Foresight - Reaper has shown incredible sense to anticipate actions of others which makes others think he has supernatural power to see things to future, not even Reaper is sure does he has such ability but he takes benefit where it's due. It could also be actual source of his supernatural shots which never misses and which he never actually 'aim' but rather 'pull trigger in right time'.

Super Acceleration - Through using a long forgotten military medicine which attempted create 'super' soldiers before era when supers were common, Reaper uses this drug to highly accelerate his reflexes and stamina. The powered up mode allows him access to what is basically almost supernatural speeds in movement and reaction along with increased endurance and strength but it lasts only ten minutes and after that drug after effect renders him exhausted (and thus more slower and sluggish for a hour).
Abilities: Reaper has shown deep insight to military tactics and strategies and he knows how move silently and unseen in any terrain and scenario. He is adept in making traps and analyze details of supernaturals both in field and also in media (which he got access to anyways). He is highly skilled in being elusive and shown remarkable lack of fear and remain almost serenely calm in all situations. He shows military training based unarmed combat skills and knows how use improvised weapons and military knife in close combat. He knows how drive any vehicles with expert skill and the way how he plans his skills shows remarkable strategic mind.
Weaknesses: He has no EV Chip at all, meaning he cannot access any medium where EV chip is needed. Which means pretty much everything and it means he always accepts his commission work payments in physical substances than any electronic (and that's problem) and he heavily depends on various contacts to do work for him who work exclusively both for skill and for them having EV chip. One reason why his identity is largely unknown is lack of EV Chip.

Besides this weakness is that despite his supernatural aiming skills he is regular human physically all ways. It's even unknown is he superhuman at all. Albeit his case he has pushed his physical fitness extreme as humanly possible without drugs. Also his heavy independence on others for EV Chip usage leaves him dependable on them. Also effect of impacts from his shot heavily depend on weapon he uses; if super has higher toughness than his rifle can harm, his accuracy (and foresight) is pointless then. But usually he does not fire a shot which he knows cannot penetrate supers armor or toughness.
Look/Appearance: Without his costume on Reaper looks fit, young and handsome young man in his prime. He favors jeans and leather jackets, casual street wear. He is also relatively short for a man; just 5'2 so those who had seen him on job may had suspected him to be a woman.

Their background
Personality: Reaper is calm, almost creepy serene manner and he shows absolute lack of fear which goes to unnatural. His eyes have certain sharp focus in them. Reaper likes animals, one reason or another and his favorite animal is a wolf. He likes calm cold serenity of winter and snow falls and he thinks hot summers suffocating but rains refreshing and he likes outdoors. It's even unknown to others or himself why he is top rated assassin as he has no actual craving nor emotions going on at all when he is doing the jobs. His only motivation seems to 'prove' something which is unknown; prove what? Overall he can be thought as enigma, a mystery. He is man who focuses on the moment and acts professionally and cool headed.
History: In short Reaper does not know his history past ten years. Somewhere when he was twenty or more happened which resulted him waking up in hospital where doctors planned to kill him and he killed them and he escaped. According other doctors scans he had suffered a headshot which had tore through mid center of his brain where empathy and memory/identity areas had been (and possibly blown off EV Chip from back of his brains). He noticed he lacked EV Chip very quickly and it made living in the world difficult for him and nobody had no information about him (so could not employ EV Chip replant because model number nor any information about him was not available). So only way to get by was to take gray jobs but those did not provide all sustenance he needed....so he picked up illegal jobs and once he got gun he quickly realized potential of his accuracy and then became assassin. He almost instinctively knew all what was needed to become a perfect assassin, perfect killing machine. It's literally part of him. So he accepted his nature and then soon over time became world famous assassin called 'Reaper', name which he took on himself as that's fitting for him than actual various fake aliases he takes. He formed curious bond with some orphans (in various cities, low social class places), who had nothing but EV Chip on them and he provided for them in return for them using EV Chip for him. Soon over the years the orphans he helped grew skilled forgers, hackers and information gatherer network which he supports financially with work he is doing.

Overtime he had assigned to various elimination jobs against non-supers and super targets and because his foresight and skilled research team he always get ammo and weapon suitable for the task and his perfect accuracy combined creates so far unmatched kill record. Thus give him 99% lethality classification in records (and so far successful avoidance of capture) has made him classed as omni class superhuman despite he has none flashy powers in super world.

Other
Connections: Possible past job or connection with Mélissa Robert and Kumari Natarajan (perhaps friendly rivalry as a underworld top sniper with Kumari)
Likes: Women with curves, bondage, rough/passionate sex, oral (receiving), massages (both giving and receiving), outdoors, sexual torture/pleasure denial (inflict)
Dislikes: Scat, urine, mutilation, MxM
Ons/Offs: Link in signature

Yukina

I just thought of the most disturbing way that a meek justice seeker like Satomi could kill something...

Darwishi

Yukina

Sure :)

1. While in armored form, pin her opponent under her right foot.
2. Activate her "Seibei, kimete kick power" aka the power that envelops her leg in flaring red energy
3. Brutal profit

MissFire

I'm not certain Kali can have a shooting rivalry with a dude who's superpower is he never ever misses. That seems a bit favored to one side, I think. Also, and I am just trying to be constructive here, if there is a villain Omni-Class, I think he should have powers that can give the hero Omni (Blitzkrieg) a fight. I know, I know, Blitz is probably just a judge or mentor-figure in the game, but still. Just fun pondering. As it is, Reaper doesn't stand a chance against him.

Really, Blitzkrieg is Magneto so maybe Reaper could shoot him with a plastic bullet? Some kind of special ammo? He'd also have to be far enough away that Blitzkrieg wouldn't see it coming. You would essentially have to hit him hard before he can see it or sense you coming. Otherwise, you'd have to try and not get yanked around by his puppetmaster-like ability until he gets tired. Or your character could have a power that turns them into something else, kind of like Iceman.

Actually, the character I just submitted might have a shot, but she's on the hero team. She can control paper. If she wrapped herself in armor thick enough he wouldn't be able to control her. That... wouldn't stop him just ripping piping out of the ground, turning it into shrapnel, and shredding her to pieces though. So, yup. Tough guy.

But fun to think about.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Myrra

I hardly see any relationship working between Reaper and Mélissa, aside from Mélissa completely hating his guts for being that insanely powerful, and being smart enough to avoid his path.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Reaper is smart enough if he would expect encounter or get contract to try kill Blitzkrieg he would not use metal bullet :P. Also his key weakness is that when he is caught off guard he can be hurt (he got not even time to think he is under danger when bullet already explodes inside his skull). As Reaper could make shot even insane distances where most sensory powers would not even detect him (it all depends carry range of weapon he is using; he could use 12 meter long rifle to fire shot which is powerful enough launch plastic projectile for 10 km away example).

Perhaps not shooting accuracy contest but more a 'kill count'. Reaper takes lots of time to prepare and analyze his target so he is well prepared when he actually starts to move. So his own key weakness is also being caught off guard completely. But he has sort foresight and high danger sense to know bit beforehand that somebody is about jump on him and he runs and takes on cover/hides. So his powers are not 'OP' like Blitzkrieg but he is omni level threat because how deadly effective he has been (compared to other assassins and snipers in the world).

So his best defense is basically that he is never close to his target (too far away to most powers) and that he hides well and he eliminates all targets before they have time to react. If thing busts some reason he immediately withdraws and tries sometime later to finish the kill (and he covers all his tracks to vanish perfectly).