The myst...

Started by Cosmo_ac, April 17, 2007, 01:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAlchemist

The image of a frustrated novelist comes to mind. His previous novel was a hit, perched high on the NY Times Bestseller list for weeks on end. All the big publications were quick to send offers for the next hit. Having signed with one, and received a hefty sum as advance, all that remains is to actually write the damn thing.

His deadline fast approaching, his writer's block as insurmountable as can be imagined, he decides a change of scenery is what he needs. Some quiet place to relax and allow the muse to take him.

Ravenbrook. Even the name sounds peaceful.

Details to follow if there's still room :)

Elvi

Oh I think there could be a nice little house on the edge of the town, looking out onto the woodlands, just perfect for relieving writer's block......*grins*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

belsammael

Two things cross the mind...

One who lives in shadows, a master in the arts of manipulation and mind games.. one who thrives on confusion and who's fueled by the taste of fear, fear of dying, of failure, sexual fear...

..another one: a traveling spirit, a carefree man in his early thirties who travels from place to place, sometimes staying for months even years, and sometimes for days only. A journeyman who has cast off the pressure of society to live freely, taking up jobs wherever he ends up, sometimes even becoming a resident, yet in the end always moving on, seeking out new places...

Ravensbrook. A nice place to spend some time, the surrounding countryside seemed peaceful enoguh. If only he knew.

Elvi

Both would work, though the first would be a minion and would have a specific reason for being there so would have to be a DPC.
(He would most likely be one of the towns folk)

Archangel

I've been looking at joining a group game, this might be fun... How soon are you looking to start?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Elvi

As soon as we have enough to make it worth while.
I would say six of us, which includes myself and Cosmo....

(Though it would be good to have a female or two, I don't want this to be me and all male characters.....)

Archangel

Well, I have a character idea in mind, though some info I'd like to keep secret from the other players, (not GMs, obvioulsy) if that's acceptable...
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Elvi

Send me a PM.....Obviously I'd discuss anything with Cosmo.....*smiles*

LonelyTroll

Sounds like a very interesting game...

I'd like to join... 

Gabe Jones is a college football stand-out, a menacing linebacker at State U who is recovering from off-season knee surgery in an attempt to repair damage to his knee and salvage his college and potential professional career.  He has come to Ravenbrook to finish his rehab, running on the beach and in the ocean water, resting and relaxing this summer for the upcoming season this fall.
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Ons/Offs

Max

Quote from: Elvi on April 23, 2007, 03:14:53 AM
*wrings hands and cackles*

Come my beauties...come to me.............

Hm, think I will regret this, but think I come in.  Just need to think of a character concept and get it typed out.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

LonelyTroll

If no other females join, I have no objection to switching teams, so to speak...

Quote from: LonelyTroll
Gabe Gabrielle Jones is a college football tennis stand-out, a menacing linebacker at State U who is recovering from off-season knee surgery in an attempt to repair damage to his her knee and salvage his her college and potential professional career.  He She has come to Ravenbrook to finish his her rehab, running on the beach and in the ocean water, resting and relaxing this summer for next the upcoming season this fall.

;D
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Ons/Offs

Elvi

YEAH! MAXI!....*grins*

Thanks Troll, we may or may not need a switch, but come on girls......lets have a few more of you.......

So to date we have:

Redeve (possible)

belsammael (brainstorming)

Archangel (being devious and sending secret PM's)

Troll ( being ambidexterous with his his football/tennis player)

A ruminating Max......

TheAlchemist (with writer's block)

Starting to look good folks....*smiles*

TheAlchemist

<coughs and pokes Elvi to ammend her list>

Elvi

OOPS!
Sorry Alch, the good thing is that I do have you on my PM list...*smiles*
List is changed....

Elvi

Ok....Cosmo and I seem to have almost thrashed out the things we need to, so the game is almost ready for starting.

We've had some good character concepts so far, but need to at least have an idea of what others are playing.
So, anyone interested please send me details asap.
A basic concept will do for now.....just so that we can see what we have and where we can go with it..

Troll, if you are still interested in playing would you mind going down the female road for us please?.....*smiles*.....It would really help to even the game out a little.

Elvi

Oh.....
One thing we do need is to know what posting speed people want.

The game will begin in character threads, so initially there won't be too much of a problem, but ultimately there will be a gathering of the players, hopefully for them to start working together

RedEve

Elisabeth Molain is a spoiled little brat who just dropped out of college. In an effort to instill some sort of sense of responsibility into their 20 year old daughter, they send her to live with her aunt in Ravenbrook. Her aunt owns a small diner there. Elisabeth now reluctantly works in said diner as a waitress. Yet she stays put, since her parents have vowed to no longer financially support her should she choose to leave Ravenbrook before they give their consent.

This is my basic character idea, tell me if you like it or not.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Elvi

I think we should be able to work with that......*smiles*

RedEve

If you want me to flesh it out some more, you can tell me. But it will probably have to wait until tomorrow, since I won't have the time for it today.

Max

Matthew Tully is a landscaper who has moved to Ravenbrook to start up a new business there.  He is single, no real family connections anywhere in the world.  Will try to come up with a little more.

As to posting speed, a couple of times a day?  At least for me.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

RedEve

I prefer roleplays that move at a steady but reasonable pace myself. Posting a few times a week.

Elvi

Quote from: Max on April 28, 2007, 08:22:19 AM
Matthew Tully is a landscaper who has moved to Ravenbrook to start up a new business there.  He is single, no real family connections anywhere in the world.  Will try to come up with a little more.

As to posting speed, a couple of times a day?  At least for me.

Sorry Max, almost missed this.....he should fit in fine

I'm going to be setting up a character/OOC thread tomorrow and will be getting the game moving.
Please send me more detailed character details as soon as you can (at least those who have not yet done so).
Only relavent details will be posted for others to see, the rest will be kept for my evil self....*grins*.....so the more I know about your character the more interesting I can make it.

LonelyTroll

Quote from: Elvi on April 28, 2007, 07:13:37 AM
Troll, if you are still interested in playing would you mind going down the female road for us please?.....*smiles*.....It would really help to even the game out a little.

No problem...  :-)

Do you need more info on my character?
Ons/Offs

Elvi

Good Oh Troll.....*smiles*

And yes please, as much as you want to give us, include things like your characters secret little kinks etc because that will help us taylor the game to the players.

If you could PM it to me, then I can put an abridged version on the game and keep the nasty little secrets to torment you with later.....*grins*

Elvi

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9678.0

The above is the character and 'story' thread, where I intend to add what is happening as we go on.

As we are now restricted in the number of threads we are allowed, I think that we may as well use this one as our OOC thread, so if you have any further questions or comments, please post here.....

Alchamist.....are you still interested?