{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solaine

And Ky had no intention of releasing his new-found bounty, his arm tightening around her to prevent her from getting off.  “We are, but she doesn’t mind.  Does she look like she minds to you?” He grinned and jerked his head towards Phaedra, who was engrossed with Aoi… yet another pretty woman in the shop he had yet to meet.

He shifted Sophie on his lap into a better position.  He knew that he’d have to release her eventually, but no harm in trying to get … better acquainted. “Comfortable?”

-----------

“They are… sorceresses, I suppose you’d call them… and you.”  She grinned.  “The longer I stay here, the more it takes to shock me.”  Dancing murals and coffee floods and artists working with floating 3-D images aside, what else could happen here?  “Oh, that’s Kyros, my … “  What was he to her?  More than a roommate, but less than a committed lover?  “Boyfriend, I guess.  Although we do have an open relationship.”  She looked over to Ky and Sophie, and both happened to be looking at her so she smiled and wiggled her fingers in a wave.  “Ky is… well, he likes women a lot.”  She smiled at Aoi, not wanting to scare her off Ky. 
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi nodded, "Well, I'm no sorceress. I just practice the art for protection, although I do use it to help me draw better." She glanced over at Ky and the other girl. "He seems nice enough. Almost like this," she said spinning another picture onto the table. It was an image of Ky with a rose glow around his face looking youthful and full of joy. "This is how he looks to me when I first saw him with you." She glanced sideways at Phaedra, quickly finishing her drawing of the pair.

Solaine

Phaedra studied the image, her eyes softening.  Did they ever look like that?   Maybe they did, once Ky had shaken the disease, and they were just beginning to move around in their newfound freedom…

“Protection?  How does it protect you?” She was very curious about it all.  In this shop, she actually felt rather normal, almost mundane, which was a good thing to feel when one was trying to blend in on Earth, but what she had seen so far had piqued her interest.  “Oh, he’s nice.”  She rolled her eyes again.  “Unless you have to live with him.”  She hesitated.  “He’s an amnesiac, so if he talks to you--- maybe please not ask him about his past as it’s a sore point with him.”
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi put her hand on Phaedra's shoulder. "Everyone has a past that they would prefer to not talk about." She soothed, "I only use my magic to protect others or myself from harm. I am trying to bring peace to this place called Earth." She explained softly, splitting her concentration between her conversation and working her magic to make Phaedra a gift she deserved.

orangeredsun

Benjamin sees that the lady he was talking to had cleaned up the mess and then went off to somewhere. People obviously had work to be done and he wasn't going to bother anybody or poke into anyone's business. He continued to sip his drink...waiting just a little longer before heading on home for the day.
To On and Off's by Orangeredsun

Link to Escape Without A Choice Story

Link to Tug of War Story

The only thing that the world needs more of is exaggeration. -Salvador Dali

anon

The bells in Ally's hair jingled as she reappeared again, this time with a tray of sugared butterflies. Settling herself on top of the counter, she placed the tray gingerly in her lap before she picked one up.

At first, there were no response until the iridescent wings suddenly began fluttering, and the sugar creation took to the sky, trailing sugar powder behind in its wake. Ally smiled, hear head tilting as it danced in the air before her before more of the butterflies joined as well. Soon, they swarmed about the shop, filling it with the scent of sugar.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Mordred

Rex decided to return to 'Corner Sweets'. It had been a few days, and amazingly his mind seemed to settle down. But more, he was always blasted by nostalgia of memories when his life was far simpler.

Looking through the window for a moment as his hand reached for the door, it appeared empty... yet the door easily opened. Again, sensitive to his entrance days before, he always now opened this door very softly. Hmm, nobody in the front part of the shop yet a cup of coffee released steam on a corner table. Somehow he knew it didn't belong to anybody. Plus most didn't drink their coffee in the utterly black style. This cup had (invisibly) his name written all over it. Rex always had a knack for 'knowing' things. Nothing monumental but his intuition, when he felt it's fingers inside his mind, was always 100% correct.

Upon sitting, another wave of those intuitive thoughts reached inside. Answers! He was going to get some sort of important answer today. Concentrating, he asked that extra thought in his head, 'but an answer to what?'... which the only thing he heard (or believed he heard) was a faint but very maniacal laugh.

Rex sat back in his chair, crossed his legs, took a long sip.. and waited.
*See Pillory*

Solaine

"Earth needs more like you, then," Phaedra said, smiling.  Corner Sweets made her happier by the moment, until she realized that she and Ky weren't supposed to be there.  They weren't supposed to be making friends!  But there was something insidiously, breathtakingly seductive about this place.  And it made her tarry even longer despite her promise to herself to stay only one more minute...

Then all bets were off when butterflies hovered around them, dusting sugar into their hair and clothes.  She laughed and gently captured one in her hand.  She blew a kiss to Ally, thanking her for this memento of her visit.  Now Wasabi the turtle wouldn't be alone on her nightstand.

She turned in her chair, cupping the flittering butterfly between her hands, and was startled to see Rex sitting down at a table, sipping coffee.  When had he come in?  She hadn't even heard the door open, and she swore that she'd been turned around for all of ten seconds!

"You!"  Some of her earlier exasperation returned to her eyes and voice.  "What is up with you?  And what took you so long?"  Was it possible she had missed him for those few minutes he had been gone? 

Mordred

Rex heard the voice, saw images moving around him suddenly... yet it seemed maybe they were all there. He wasn't sure. In the last 24 hours (his 24 hours, which may very well be an hour or two to everyone else), he realized he was at times moving at a different time-rate than... well, everybody. Sitting here for what seemed an hour, his coffee was still scolding hot... but very tasty.

"You"... he heard. He shook his head as if trying to stay awake, but it was more to snap out of the strange trance he felt himself in. "Ah yes, me... and there is the inquisitive one who always looks at me with those violet eyes which seem so warm yet also so skeptical of my sanity." On his feet in a quick leap, he bent forward very low, letting his smile, which is usually a grin but this time a genuinely happy smile, stretch wide across his face, "And how does the lovely Phaedra do this fine afternoon?"

Realizations... in the last few minutes... yet he is unsure if these were true minutes or what he thought of as minutes and outside the bubble which surrounds his mine, mere seconds... revealed to Rex that he had the slight ability to alter his 'speed' inside his surroundings. Yes, this 'shop'... he thought, does indeed have a special set of rules. Or at least it helped him realize a few of his own.

Pulling a chair from the table... Rex gestured... "Care to join me for a cup of java? It stays hot... forever, I have found", giving a cheeky grin this time.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, happy to see Phaedra preoccupied. When Ally let the butterflies "free", she became enchanted by the apparent frailty of them. Aoi sensed another person in the store before Phaedra rounded on the newcomer. She couldn't tell what had upset her. She sighed and went back to her drawings, content to watch. Something about the newcomer was pulling at her memory but she couldn't place what it was.

Mordred

Speeding up a bit, Rex was starting to experiment with his newly realized 'ability'. He turned his head slightly and noticed Aoi watching Phaedra, smiling. Then noticed her glance his way for a moment. Her shift in expression told him she perhaps recognized him but wasn't sure.
Wait! How can I know that, he thought, by simply watching the changes in her face? Wow, maybe seeing things slowed... maybe it reveals things in a way we don't normally see? Extra little details that escape the human eye in it's normal quickly unfolding chaos?
About to let himself back into 'normal' speed, he paused, looking at the steam above his cup of coffee. Reaching out, Rex parted the steam in two. Amazed at it's properties in this different state, how it seemed to have more substance than it's regular vaporous form...
Ok, he thought, time to quit playing. I could stay her all day exploring all different elements... and continue to age faster than all those around me. Enough of that. For now, at least.
*See Pillory*

Solaine

Aoi was still busy with her sketching, so Phaedra patted her arm and got up to move to the chair next to Rex.  "I'm very good, just like I was not too long ago.  And what have you been up to all this time?"  She sat down.  Inquisitive was right.  She planned to dig into the mystery of this man, and because she was beginning to doubt her own sanity, she reached out to touch his cheek lightly with her fingers. 

He was perfectly real. She withdrew her hand and tucked it under the table, his grin tugging her lips to imitate the curve of his.  It was mirroring, something she had learned about people and their body language... and mirroring was an unconscious signal from one person to another that they found that person attractive. "There's something about this coffee," she told him in a low voice.  "I think they've spiked it with magic, because I don't want to leave."

anon

Ally held out a hand, letting a butterfly land on a fingertip before she whirled about to face Phaedra. Her expression took on that of feigned offense at her words. "Spiked with magic? Never." Her nose wrinkling, she shifted her fingers a little and watched as the butterfly landed on the edge of the mug. The wings fluttered about for a few seconds before folded back again. "It's just simple good food, if you must." The other sugary creations found their niches about the shop and settled in.

Turning bright eyes to the customers, Ally crossed her legs again, a smile of content on her face, mixed with that of mild curiosity.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

"Ahh, but maybe you have spiked this place with a bit of your own magic, unintentionally? And in doing so, it has swirled and evolved with the magic inside these walls until it then senses you are a part of it's own... sending you pleasant sensations..."
Rex shook his head again slightly. What is this gibberish he just spoke? He knows nothing of magic. In fact, he usually fears the idea of anything that can't be logically explained (including his own weird recent discoveries). What is this place, he wondered. He glanced briefly out the window, making sure the 'outside' was as he expected, with people doing their daily business. Yes, we are still on the same street.
"But yes, this coffee does seem unusually good. I think you are right, it's definitely spiked.. but in a good way", his grin then unable to broaden at seeing her own.
*See Pillory*

anon

Ally mocked pushing up her nonexistent glasses and took on the air of a college professor. "The correct term here would be endorphin." She grinned at him. The golden bells caught the light from the small shop and twinkled merrily. "Though I strongly suspect that what you're getting is the amount of chocolate and sugar dusts in the air. Through no fault of manipulation on my part of course." So saying, the butterflies took to the sky again, as though to prove her wrong.

She giggled as one landed on her nose. "I can honestly say that I've done nothing to the coffee though." She stuck her tongue out at Rex. "Eva wouldn't let me touch the machine again after last time..."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

"Ahh, then that explains the slightly sweet flavor I detect with each sip", Rex said to Ally. "So, even though it appears you are sticking out that tongue at me, I'm guess really you are just hoping to catch some of that chocolate and sugar."
In the quickest of movements, he moved his eye-level down to his coffee's surface, examining it for sparkles of sugar or maybe small dissolvings of chocolate. Yes, she is correct! But what are those other colorful particles? Sighing, he assumes it's magic. Oh well, can't pull myself away so might as well enjoy the benefits.
*See Pillory*

anon

Ally laughed. The butterfly flew off of her nose, trailing the sugar and chocolate dust in its wake again. "Maybe." Her voice took on a mischievous tone. "Although most of the regulars here would tell you that I don't need any more chocolate or sugar in my system." She waggled her fingers at him. "No magic here. And if there are..." She pressed her finger to her lips. "You didn't hear it from me."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

Ah yes, Rex thought... there is something about this place. When he was younger, he remembered once getting lost, wandering the streets well past the hour when darkness set in, when suddenly it felt as if a silent guide started making decisions for him and his feet walked right up to this shop. The crazy thing is, it happened two days later. And both times, despite the town being 'closed', this shop was still open.
Flipping his index finger against his nose to point in a friendly way towards Ally, "I didn't hear what?", smiling, "No, whatever you said or left unsaid, is safely unheard."
*See Pillory*

anon

Ally mimicked her lips being zipped before leaning back against the counter again, her legs swinging gently as she drummed her fingers across the flat surface. "That's the main idea of this place." She winked at him. "The secret that everyone knows to be a secret is kept by and from everyone else to the point where it doesn't matter anymore."

She pushed herself off of the counter before whirling about on her feet, the scent of hazelnut still thick in the air from the spilled coffee earlier. She pushed her hip out to the side as the skirt rearranged itself about her hips again. She looked between Phaedra and Rex again before her expression settled back to that of mild curiosity once again. "Ah. Interesting." She murmured before spinning on her heels and headed back toward the glass case again. She peeked over the case at Rex. "Favorite chocolate?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, listening to the conversation swirl around her. She couldn't figure out the puzzle of this young man. He seemed so familiar and yet she couldn't place from where exactly. She continued to draw, her drawings not taking on a slightly frustrated edge as the mystery of the man eluded her. She finally gave up and banished her works back to her place. She let out a sigh and put her head down on her arms. She didn't care that the others probably felt the dip in energy around the shop. What she wanted right at that minute was something hot and sugary. "Ally," she croaked, "could I have a cup of hot chocolate with extra sugar?"

anon

Ally blinked at Aoi's request but nodded and moved behind the counter. She brought back the same ensemble that she had brought out earlier and set it before Aoi, snow white powdered sugar in a decorative design of a butterfly across the dark surface of the chocolate. "Everything alright?" She tilted her head at the woman.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

Rex had to think hard about his favorite chocolate. To be honest with himself, he knew very little. In lightning speed he ran behind the counter to examine what chocolate existed here but could only find cannisters, no labels. Sitting back down, he thought back to his childhood. Ah yes, his mother always had a secret drawer... the kind that was simply for her. In it... "Lindt. Everything from the smooth milky type to the dark so strong it snaps like a brick."
Looking towards Aoi again, his brow furrowed wondering himself if he had seen her before. She suddenly seemed familiar. But he was careful, not sure if that was a good thing or not. He had secrets he wasn't even fully aware of, so yes, be careful. "What kind of things do you like to draw?"
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, "I'm just frustrated. That man over there, I think that I know him but I can't remember from where." She replied to Ally, "I just can't figure it out, it's making me irritated, sorry." She apologized and sat up straight in her chair. "Thank you for the hot chocolate, Ally." She sipped it, with a perplexed look on her face. She got startled when he turned towards her and asked her a question. She was careful to smooth her features before replying, "I draw what I see in others, people mostly. People dancing, singing, or just enjoying each other." She replied, "I'm Aoi, Aoi Hikari."

Mordred

As her name escaped Aoi's lips, Rex was on his feet and in a blur of movement, getting very used to this act of moving fast, had her hand in his to place a small peck on it's back. Yes, some see this behavior as odd or a little too forward, but to him it was simple politeness. "Greetings, Aoi", and with a deep bow, "And the name given to me... Rex Torrick." Placing her hand back on the table, Rex quickly regained his sitting stance, long leg crossed over his other. Another sip... "I'm amazed at how this coffee keeps it's flavor and heat!" Lifting the cup, Rex viewed it's bottom to see if it was just a regular cup... which it did appear to be.
*See Pillory*

Mordred

Movement outside caught Rex's attention. In one sudden drink, he drained his cup, placing it's fee plus a generous tip on the table.
"Well, lovely ladies, I must be off! Time... hehehe... seems to.. erm... well, it seems to travel it's own path in this wonderful establishment." Again, a quick look at his cup. "Until another moment..."
And with that, the door was swinging closed, softly, and Rex pretty much vanished.
*See Pillory*