Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Lady Lunarius

Nope, but I could find a way to work that into my bio ;). I finally got it, had to use a thesaurus and when i saw it was like "OH MY GOD REALLY????" lol
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Adonis

QuoteNope, but I could find a way to work that into my bio ;).

Sounds kinky.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Secretwriter on November 28, 2010, 11:43:00 PM
Well, if it's stronger than anything canon, it's probably too much.

As canon contains mutant characters who are either omnipotent or functionally so without flawd powers, I am at a loss as to how to employ canon as a meaningful guideline for character potency. Even characters whose powers are not, on face, exceptionally powerful, simply possess no flaw to them.

Quote from: Adonis on November 28, 2010, 11:43:21 PM
If you can give examples of what you're after, we can work with you and get it working.

I wish to play superhumanly strong and durable character.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Adonis

Alright, define superhumanly strong, and then define durable.

Are we talking lifting cars with a little struggle? Or throwing around semi's like tonka trucks?

Durability-wise, are we talking he can get the shit beat out of him, but still bleeds, or are we talking bullet-proof/ drop a building on him and he giggles because it tickled?

**Edit** - Added you to my YIM Lady_Lunarius.
O/O's

Secretwriter

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 29, 2010, 12:04:00 AM
As canon contains mutant characters who are either omnipotent or functionally so without flawd powers, I am at a loss as to how to employ canon as a meaningful guideline for character potency. Even characters whose powers are not, on face, exceptionally powerful, simply possess no flaw to them.

I wish to play superhumanly strong and durable character.

In this game the characters are flawed.  That's how we as the gm's would like to see people played: As persons with flaws and a side of humanity.   Not every character can be Wolverine or the Juggernaut.  It's just not how X-Men was and with people who are role playing instead of writing a comic, it's not feasible to have some be too strong or crazily adept at anything.

I do have a point to argue with you, Rogue's powers were supremely flawed.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Lady Lunarius

Character:

Code-Name: (optional)
Ethnicity: French Canadian
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School:Senior Class

Appearance:

Hair: Long straight brown hair that falls just past her shoulders.
Eyes: Soft chocolate eyes that always seem to give away her gentle side.
Skin: Smooth Ivory skin, and light rosy cheeks .
Weight:135lbs
Height:5'6"
Other: A somewhat large oddly shaped 'birth mark' between her shoulder blades. (Actually a scar from when she was attacked at 4 years old by some older kids who'd seen her shapeshifting.)

Date Of Birth:December 4, 1992
Place Of Birth: Quebec, Canada
Citizenship: Recently obtained U.S. Citizenship.

Information:

Personality: Tian has a general bitchy attitude, though she has a very sensitive gentle spot that she doesn't tend to let out. She'll generally tell you what she thinks, and isn't afraid to hurt peoples feelings, though she has been working on being creative with her critisim.

Background:
Tian's birth was an odd one. The moment she was delivered and placed into her mothers arms her hair began to change color and length and her eyes as well. Her father seeing this left without a word, leaving her mother devestaded and her older brother resentful towards her. When they returned home, her mother would sit by the window, cradling Tian close, watching for her husband, resolving herself that he just needed time to think.

When Tian was 6 years old she met her father for the first and last time. He refused to look at her, or even acknowledge her presence. But handed her mother custody papers for her brother and left leaving her and her mother behind. Not soon after Tian's mother put a gun to her head ending her life leaving the lost girl alone. Soon Tian found herself scared, and alone, shifted from one home to the next until finally; when she was 13 she had found the place she thought she'd belonged.

An elderly couple who'd always wanted a child took Tian under thier wing, and fought to adopt her. For the first time in what seemed like forever she had some stability in her life, and despite her overbearing, bitchy attitude she made a few friends. She was allowed to go out to parties, the mall, and on one unfortunate occasion the zoo. She and one of her best friends were sitting around eating corndogs and fries near the snake exhibit when she inadvertantly reached out and petted a nearby snake that a man was carrying.

It was then she felt as though something were shifting inside her, changing her verying being. She tried to rise up, but found that her legs wouldn't move. She screamed, and so did everyone around her, as her pale skin tinted green and black, and her body lengthened out until she'd fully transformed into the snake she'd just touched moments before. She slithered beneath the feet of the panicing group and found herself in the safety of a back alley.

Slowly she began to shift back into herself, her clothing long gone, her eyes still holding the shape of the snake her senses still much like the creatures. She sat there, shaking with fear an old moldy trench coat she'd found covering her form. It was long past dark when he came, his voice echoing through her mind. She was too tired to remember much of the conversation but she does remember the invitation to the school, the chance to start over.

Mother:

Name: Genivi Ragnara
Race: Human

Father:

Name: Unknown never learned it.
Race: Unknown (though she suspects he's human.)

Other Relatives:
N/A

Powers:Shape shifter - Able to take on the form of any living creature.

Secondary Powers: Absorbtion - The ability to take in how a person speaks, acts, walks, etc In order to truly imitate them. (Is still working on this one....)

Power Limitations:
1.) She has troubles imitating voices if she doesn't hear them and even then she has some difficulty with pronunciation (Her slight French Accent gets in the way.)

2.) She has to have touched the person/creature atleast once.

Hobbies and Interests:
Tian loves to draw and write, in fact she enjoys them so much that she is planning on eventually gaining a Masters in Art and Literature when she graduates.

OOC Ons and Offs:   
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Secretwriter

I love it.  You have my vote. And ROFLMAO on the corndogs!

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Lady Lunarius

I couldn't help it. ^_^ Adonis liked it too; the corndogs bit that is.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Adonis

Fricking epic @ the corndogs. You've my approval as well.

Welcome to the game Lady Lunarius. Go ahead and copy the sheet over to the biography page here
O/O's

Lady Lunarius

Put it up, lol I'm looking forward to this. ^_^ ~Throws Magnet at Adonis' character.~ >.>
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Adonis

That's not nice :p

*crosses his fingers and patiently awaits new victims*
O/O's

Lady Lunarius

~Starts to juggle those magnetic balls really really really close to him~ Lol I'll talk to the man and see if he'll join when he wakes up. ^_^
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Aiden

I am not a big fan of X-men, not to the extent that I know who everyone is but I like the idea of the setting and I might play. Some newbie, not sure yet I have an idea in my head and have yet to decide if I want to go with it.

Secretwriter

You're more than welcome to, even if you're not terribly familiar with it. <3

Skye

-flashes her invitation from Adonis- Working on my bio now!
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Adonis

:-) Lookin forward to seeing both yours and Aiden's creations!
O/O's

Black Howling

Adonis

Always ;)

Just post up a sheet and we'll go from there !
O/O's

Secretwriter

We sure do! Just make sure to read the first post and check out the directory thread. <3

And what Adonis said too.

Black Howling

I read those before I posted. I'll whip up the sheet after I finish my prior obligations. Lol

Secretwriter

Aiden

I'll work on my character tomorrow, I should go to bed now!

I am also interested in playing a canon but not right away, can I call dibs on Logan(Wolverine) in advance!? He is my favorite one  XD

Secretwriter

Quote from: Aiden on November 29, 2010, 02:52:01 AM
I'll work on my character tomorrow, I should go to bed now!

I am also interested in playing a canon but not right away, can I call dibs on Logan(Wolverine) in advance!? He is my favorite one  XD

If you can submit a piece and convince us of your ability to portray that character. ^.^