What is this, I don't even...a family guy MMO?

Started by Wolfy, June 16, 2011, 05:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

What the hell would people do in it - drink beer and watch TV?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shjade

Quote from: Oniya on June 16, 2011, 06:02:46 PM
What the hell would people do in it - drink beer and watch TV?
I have to think the bulk of play in it would take the form of abrupt non sequitur cuts away from the main lobby/hub area to take part in craziness of varying degrees like the time I meant to go to a job interview at a car insurance office and didn't realize the ground floor was a non-stop rave.

*cut from Elliquiy to a bland corporate office with cubicles flattened into oddly-shaped platforms strewn with dancing bodies vividly colored by lasers and flashing lights amid a booming background mix, making the one clean-cut suit-wearing guy in the middle look very out of place indeed*

Hello? Hello? I'm here for the one o'clock interview? Hi. Are you Steve? Steve. Hello? Oh, fuck it - hi, are you insured?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Aiden

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 1:02PM
tk421242 said

I do not know what to say about this. No wait... I got it. Why?

(Unverified) said

3 hearts

@tk421242 Shut up, Meg

I laughed, actually Laughed out loud, not a fake LOL.

Wolfy

...I seriously can't wait to see what the hell you do in it. xD

I mean who knows, they could go the Cartoon Network Fusion route and have you be in a fantasy world with Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland show characters. :P

Oniya

Well, the Cleveland Show is just a spinoff of Family Guy.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Quote from: Oniya on June 17, 2011, 02:01:53 AM
Well, the Cleveland Show is just a spinoff of Family Guy.

So is American Dad, as it's been shown the two shows are kind of like parallel dimensions. xD

Seriously, take a look at Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show.

They're all about An Idiot(Peter, Stan, Cleveland) with wife(Louis, Francine, Cleveland's wife) who's too good for him, a son who's an idiot (Chris, Steve, Cleveland Junior), a Daughter everyone hates. (Meg, Hayley, Roberta) and a straight-man/pet. (Stewie/Brian, Roger, Rilo)

...It's strictly formula.

meikle

Actually watching American Dad shows that it's basically nothing like Family Guy in execution, though.

For example, each individual episode actually has a plotline to it and isn't based on cutaway humor. :p
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Brandon

Quote from: meikle on June 17, 2011, 04:03:10 AM
Actually watching American Dad shows that it's basically nothing like Family Guy in execution, though.

For example, each individual episode actually has a plotline to it and isn't based on cutaway humor. :p

Pretty much this.

Anyway, I see this as little more then a publicity stunt. I dont believe for a minute that theyre making an MMO out of family guy and wont till its actually out
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Quote from: Brandon on June 17, 2011, 07:18:09 AM
Pretty much this.

Anyway, I see this as little more then a publicity stunt. I dont believe for a minute that theyre making an MMO out of family guy and wont till its actually out

Well, they've already made a website and several media outlets...

Callie Del Noire

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 17, 2011, 02:19:29 PM
Hmm.. End content would be what.. Raiding vs ...

Peter vs. Chicken pt3

Exactly.

I'm still waiting for the day they bring in Peter and the Giant Chicken, and the Peter is all like "My son can beat your son." so then it's Stewie (or Chris) versus a younger chicken, and the cycle repeats itself. ;D. xD

Harley

American Dad actually made me cry once, when I watched their one Christmas Episode where it is the end of the world and Jesus is resurrected, and the whole Stan's wife leaving him for Jesus.  It was so dramatic and...  Yeah.  I'm sad. 

Brandon

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

abandoneddolly

Quote from: Zilzilii on June 18, 2011, 01:27:05 AM
American Dad actually made me cry once, when I watched their one Christmas Episode where it is the end of the world and Jesus is resurrected, and the whole Stan's wife leaving him for Jesus.  It was so dramatic and...  Yeah.  I'm sad.

I remembered watching that episode really late one night when I was half asleep and had some scarey dream about the apocalypse