Truth, Justice & Yada Yada (A Justice League styled game)

Started by Darkcide, September 27, 2010, 11:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Name: Hitomi Tanaka
Codename: None.
Species/Race: Human.
Hero,Villain,Guest Star: Hero
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 110
Eyes: One Green, One Blue.
Hair: Dark brown.
Unusual Features: Hetero Chromia.

Citizenship: US (Technically)
Marital Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Turn Ons: Too many to list.
Powers: All powers given by the Blue Power Ring
Martial Arts Training: Basics.
Skills: Skilled in using Hope.
Costume: Blue Lantern Corps Uniform, cut to expose her cleavage.
Equipment: Blue Power Battery/Lantern. Blue Power Ring.
Personality: Calm and collected, Hitomi isn't one to lose her cool easily, and even at the worst of times, she stays hopeful at all times. She does have her playful and flirty side, however.
Short Bio: Hitomi was recruited from Earth by another blue lantern, as per usual recruitment procedures. She spent three days being questioned, and came to realize her place in the universe and the need to keep hope alive so that the forces of evil couldn't win. Her vision, after being introduced to the corps and being given her own ring, is known only to her...though it was shocking enough to cause her to blush and become slightly flustered. She still holds it in her mind, but hasn't told a soul of it, and will continue to stay silent on the matter until it comes true.

Hitomi was sent back to Earth because she is Human, and the Corps felt it necessary to have a Blue Lantern there to help combat evil and assist the Green Lantern of Earth.
Weaknesses:

Energy Interference: As the continuing power of the rings connection of "universal hope" it has a tendency to cause a form interference to other power sources.

Willpower Symbiosis: Hope is the most powerful emotion in the emotional spectrum, but is nothing without willpower to enact it. In order for the blue power ring to function it needs the aura of green willpower, supplied by a Green Lantern Ring to be in proximity to it, otherwise the ring will only allow limited flight, limited energy projection and protection from the vacuum of space.

Darkcide

If there's not a green lantern on the team, what are you going to do? Just curious.

Vergil1989

Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Wolfy

Quote from: Darkcide on September 30, 2010, 03:06:10 PM
If there's not a green lantern on the team, what are you going to do? Just curious.

Change her to be a Green Lantern, of course. :D

or violet. *shrugs*

Darkcide

Quote from: Vergil1989 on September 30, 2010, 03:19:14 PM
What about my own profile buddy?

We've spoken about your character lol, I already approved it.

Quote from: Wolfy on September 30, 2010, 06:36:31 PM
Change her to be a Green Lantern, of course. :D

or violet. *shrugs*

You might want to consider that, I don't see the group getting another lantern.

Vergil1989

So, when are we starting this little game?  Also, I wasn't sure what to do with the blanks in my profile sheet lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Darkcide

Waiting for a few more people who have expressed interest to get at me with their concepts or to tell me they're not participating.

pendarious

sorry i've  been a bit busy IRL so ive not been able to actually sit down and write up my sheet yet.....i'll have it by 11:00 pm....probably sooner though
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

writersmelody

Oh, I am still interested, just waiting to hear what you think about my character concept. :)
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

RubySlippers

Name: Lady Gaenor Rryn
Codename: Arsenal Dame
Species/Race: Human
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 141#
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Dark Brown
Unusual Features: Tattoo an intertwined rose design with Molly Rryn on it her wifes name on her lower back a "fuck me bar" style, her wife has one for her that is the same with her name.

Citizenship: Welsh (UK)
Marital Status: Married
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Turn Ons: Wife

Powers: Earths Greatest Rollerskater

Martial Arts Training: Mixed Martial Arts (very high level mixed fighting)

Skills: Athletic Training, Rollerskating/Stunt Skating (best on Earth), Fully Trained MI-6 Agent (covert ops), Firearms - Expert, Demolitions - Expert, Law Enforcement (Scotland Yard), Detective, Forensics, Medicine (advanced first aid), Languages - Arabic/Chinese/Russian/Spanish, Gunsmith, Gadgeteering, Ancient Weapons - Expert, Auto Driving/Evasive Driving - Expert, Motorcycle Riding/Evasive Riding - Expert, Piloting/Stunt Piloting/Combat Training - Expert.

Costume: Roller skate boots, practical body armor, jet pack and guns, bombs, spy devices and a Union Jack color scheme.

Equipment: Body Armor, Invisibility/Stealth Suit, Jet Pack, Roller Skates (retractable into boots - combat style), Various Custom Guns, Spy Gear, Interpol ID, Custom Gadgets (if facing a particular threat), Spy-Geared Up Auto - The Beauty, Superplane - Air/Water/Orbit Capable - The Aerohawk

Personality: Loyal to her friends and a devoted spouse she is very much a typical government agent of the UK proper and hard as nails since she feels her work defends Earth and her nation. Tries to be a role-model and all to young people in the UK. Loves her wife and is devoted to her.

Short Bio: Is a loyal citizen of the British Empire and former Scotland Yard Detective on the fast track before being recruited into MI-6 into the super agent division. Her specialty was covert ops basically taking out targets anyway needed and given ample liberty to develop her own weapons. A skater that can skate anywhere and do well almost anything in them she got the rep for the roller skating heroine in the UK. Was recruited into the team after being assigned by the agency, and still answers to them. But defending the Isles from BIG threats demands a frmidable team. Is married to a nice woman a medical doctor in the UK working in family practice living in rural England in Wales.

Weaknesses: Agent of the British Crown (is with the team but answers to MI-6 ultimately.

Who needs powers - armor and lots of skills, big guns, C-4 andgadgets and spy gear she's good to go. For queen and country!

Major Major

Darkcide

Yeah, I haven't been on. But I know who I am using for the start in regards to bad guys. I'm going to start the thread this weekend and everyone is going to need to post in said thread in regards to what they're doing at the time I set in game.

roxisilver

Pardon me. I was just wondering if there were any openings left in the roster for this game? I would like to join, but I realize you wanted to keep things relatively small.

Darkcide

If you want to still join? I'll allow it. I don't plan on having the team always be together anyway. Although you'll need to get a profile up quickly and you'll need to avoid steppin on someone else's powerset or concept in regards to what you create. I plan on getting the thread up and running tomorrow so yeah, but if you want to join? Feel free.

roxisilver

Name: Elizabeth 'Liz' Ann Masters
Codename: Sagitarius
Species/Race: Homo Magi
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 140 lbs
Eyes: Sapphire blue
Hair: Normally collar-length and raven black; in costume, mid-back length and pure bone white
Unusual Features: Tattoo of a blue rose on her left ankle
Citizenship: Joint US/British
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Turn Ons: fights, good workouts, fit, attractive and intelligent people
Powers: As Homo Magi, she is gifted in the ways of magic, and has been studying and training all of her life to master that power. She has focused a good deal of her efforts into perfecting a few small items that have augmented her ability for quick deployment of predetermined spells which she can implant on arrows and fire for a variety of effects, including fire, concussion, light, intense cold, lightning, scrying spells, darkness fields, force barriers and the like. She has the ability to work other magic, but it takes longer, usually ritual spells taking minutes or even hours of quiet and concentration. She does also have a sense for magic, the ability to sense it at work and divine its nature and purpose with concentration and effort.
Martial Arts Training: Though she has dabbled in several different martial arts in her life, she has mastered only one, achieving the rough equivalent of second-dan black belt in Wushu, often known in the West as Kung Fu, in no small part because of the monks that also inspired her learning Zen archery.
Skills: Fashion, Modeling, Dancing, Languages, Magic, Lapidary, Computer Use, Research, Investigation
Costume: azure blue bodysuit with magically-reinforced kevlar inserts and padding, domino mask and magical transformation to hide her identity
Equipment: Bracers and bow to help focus magical energies, prepared for the spells she uses on the arrows. Arrows hand-crafted and prepared to accept the spells as needed. Bow is an advanced compound, collapsible, greatly magnifies her strength for the shots, special sights, etc.
Personality: Strong-willed, determined, a little vain, demanding, survivor's guilt, addicted to the finer things,
Short Bio: Born the daughter of a British supermodel and an American businessman - whom, it turned out, was actually a Green Hornet-esque superhero - Liz had everything she could want in her young life. A loving family, estates in the US and England, and all the finer things. She was well on her way to growing up an impossibly spoiled but adored little modern day princess when that world was shattered. At the age of twelve, she came home from summer camp to find that her parents had been murdered. Bereft and lost, she was left in the care of her British grandparents. It would be then that she would discover her family heritage of magic. Determined to learn as much as she can so that she could find and then avenge her parents' murder, she worked hard to learn what her grandparents could teach. She knew she would need other skills, and tried to learn all that she could, but she could not go far afield without losing the resource of her grandparents' teachings on magic. That changed when her father's former partner finally resurfaced, ready to take the troubled and angry teenaged girl off her grandparents' hands for a while. Having left when her father was murdered he had returned to life in a Buddhist monastery, and he took her there. Exceedingly rebellious and furious at being separated from the magical teachings she was convinced were the key to her vengeance, it took months to finally get through to her. When she finally saw the monks practicing Zen archery, she knew. Something clicked deep inside, and she knew what she wanted. She spent four years living with the monks, perfecting mind and body and mastering not just the martial art of wushu, but also studies of language and culture that opened her heart and her mind. She returned to her grandparents a much calmer, more centered young woman, ready to advance in her magical studies. But she also knew the path to follow to achieve her life-long goal, preparing certain spells very carefully and divining a means to focus and cast them quickly and easily on the fly in combat, by combining them with her archery. Liz finally left Britain at age 20 to attend college in the United States. Having prepared, that was the debut of Sagitarrius, as she was attending UCLA. It would be only a few months before Liz was also 'discovered' by her mother's old modeling agency, offering her the cover for jet-setting around the world in pursuit of the leads that would lead her to justice.
Weaknesses: She's functionally human beyond her magical abilities. She feels guilty (unreasonably) about her parents' murder, feeling as if she might have done something to save them if only she had been home. This drives her to help others, making her the hero she has become, despite her drive for vengeance against those who murdered her parents. She obsessively hunts for this information and can be manipulated by it. She is a bit vain and has been devastated at least once in her career by a telepathic or magical effect which convinced her she was withering away, had become hideously ugly, etc.

RubySlippers

Good thing my character is a devoted spouse with the fair ladies on the team being so ravishing.

But Masters is nice can help me make magicked up items I hope, jujued up bullets would be nice.

bigwad73

Hey, is there room for a recurring villain, perhaps a male one with telepathic, telehypnotic, and telekinetic abililties?
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Darkcide

I won't be using recurring villains outside of Lex Luthor and anyone involved with him. Not to mention the psychics who are going to be used are telepathic but not telekinetic. I already have three big named ones down that are going to be used at different points. Sorry.

bigwad73

Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Darkcide

OK, I will start the thread off later today. I will not tell everyone where they are from, but for the sake of the starting of the story? Everyone think up a reason that you'll be in Metropolis for your first post.

Name: Osiris Adam'son
Codename: Osiris
Species/Race: Unknown Deity
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 400 lbs
Eyes: Black
Hair: Black, fairly long and shoulder length.
Unusual Features: Unnaturally attractive, contact with him for any period of time will key people in on his not being human. He has an aura that only magic senstitive people can really view.

Citizenship: New Genesis
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Turn Ons: Dominance, Aggressive Women, Intelligence.
Powers: Vast physical strength & durability, he has full grown male kryptonian's level of strength. Inhuman levels of stamina, he can survive unaided in high pressures and doesn't need to breathe. In orbit he can move at sub-light speeds, while in space he moves at trans-light speeds. His durability is quite high, and he can withstand tremendous impacts. He has a degree of super healing as well, but certain types of attacks are problematic. His intelligence is inhumanly high and he perceives and reacts at superhuman speeds. He absorbs energy to a degree but this can be problematic as well as it is possible to overload him.

He also has hard to define magical abilities because of his heritage. He's capable of projecting powerful thunderlike charges from his hands and can use them in a number of different ways. Also he is able to enter a state of heightened rage where he goes berserk, although this greatly drains him and he can't maintain sustained combat at this level.

Martial Arts Training: He's a highly skilled fighter with a style that combines Pankration, boxing, and several other styles. However he doesn't overly rely on his martial training. He fights like an experienced and highly technical brawler who favors grappling and brutality along with throws and joint locks.
Skills: Osiris is a highly skilled fighter and tactician. He's well versed in mythology, and has a good deal of knowledge regarding magic. He's very analytical, and a keen observer. He learns at a very fast rate, and is a keen investigator.
Costume: The costume is mostly black, a bodysuit somewhat like that of Black Adam's without the lightning bolt on the front. He has golden bracers and gauntlets, along with boots. A headpiece that leaves his face open, but forms into an almost crown shape that connects with the costume and allows his hair to flow freely. He also tends to wear a golden cape.
Equipment: A pair of full forearm bracers formed from the Aegis. They are virtually indestructible but don't offer the protection of Wonder Woman's bracelets. The Omega beams wouldn't be stopped by them.
Personality: Osiris is fairly arrogant, he is very demanding and sarcastic. However he has a strong sense of responsibility and wouldn't ask things of others he wouldn't ask for himself. He can be very protective and is respectful to those whom earn his respect or prove themselves to be warriors. Osiris tries to not give into his rage as it can consume him, and it is often for him to avoid humans as he cannot relate to them.
Short Bio: Osiris was born in an alternate universe not unlike our own. In this dimension the dark god Darkseid had attained the Anti-Life Equation and was bending all beings to his will. In a form of resistance, Wonder Woman and Black Adam  conceived a child that would unite their two pantheons. Adam being the champion and representation of the Egyptian Gods and Wonder Woman having ascended to godhood at this point. Their hope was that this child would be safe in another dimension and be capable of stopping Darkseid from doing the same in that universe and stopping theirs should he ever spill out of that one. The child landed on Apokolips where Darkseid took a personal interest in his upbringing and intended for him to be a weapon, however in a battle between New Genesis and Apokolips he overcame his programming and lashed out against Darkseid's forces. From his early teen years onward, he was raised by the New Gods before leaving to find his own destiny. Eventually arriving on earth.
Weakness(es): Though he has a high resistance to magic, powerful magics from users with the power of Shazam, Eclipso and the like are absolute nightmares for him. Weapons meant to harm gods encounter no resistance from him. Radion for some odd reason is fatal to Osiris. Nth metal is exceptionally painful for him to deal with due to its magic cancelling properties. He is immune to overt mind control, but harming his confidence seems to lower the scale of his abilities. Sonics are capable of harming him. Despite his strength level which would match that of beings like Superman & Black Addam, he is still outclassed by beings like Doomsday and Despero. He has no resistance to antimatter. He harbors an almost obsessive hatred for Darkseid.

Meets

RubySlippers

On vacation with her wife, won't be overly armed then but might have MI-5 activate her if anything happens will have some things with her a sensor undetectable pistol and ammo, briefcase with gold pounds sterling and all the James Bond features, some spy tools and lockpicks, rollerskate/boots and clothing that offers some armor protection (lined coat and the like). Plus identification and fake identification. Wrist watch has a little message tape device and signal light if they need to contact her on vacation. He costume will be reversable clothing for dressy casual evenings. Overall traveling light she is not there to work at the start.

They could drop her arsenal in the city if she goes hot and her car if she needs her big guns, bombs and other devices - one shipping crate should do.  :D

Darkcide

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85312.0

That is the thread, I'm using a revamped Fourth Reich for the first threat. You're all going to start off in different portions of the city. I'm doing that for a reason. So for the most part? All of your initial posts are going to take place before the first post since the attacks? Are going to be happening at the same time. So you're setting up where you are with your post, so I will know and you'll be at the scene of an attack by a member(s) of The Fourth Reich.

Major Major

Vergil1989

Darkcide

Hope everyone is liking the game so far, the main thing I will say is this. Although I'm not using a system for combat? Everyone has stats, I have them all figured out and scaled. You won't always hit a character, or do a crap load of damage. In a comic? Heroes especially when going against an opponent for the first time have no idea what the other guy is capable of. But I have different things like health, defenses, speed, agility, and strength as well as martial skills jotted down for all the players and their opponents. Creaivity is key when you do combat, but I will just say don't assume in terms of combat. Don't be afraid to change up tactics, and sometimes you're meant to steamroll a baddie. Those are usually lackies and such. But other times? You may seem completely outclassed? I do that to keep you on your toes, some of these fights you're not meant to win. You're goal should be to stall, to direct the baddie away from people or to stay alive. Those are just some things you might want to keep in mind.