Werewolves of Miller's Hollow OOC/Chatter Thread

Started by Trieste, November 19, 2017, 09:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ket

Quote from: Remiel on December 13, 2017, 08:52:54 PM
Uh...that's impossible.  Imogen was right: we had 6 players left, and the Seer, Watcher, Vigilante, Jailer, Big Bad Wolf, and Sheepy Wolf were all still in the mix.  Which meant that there were no more Villagers.

Unless I missed something?  Trieste, are you pulling an RPGuy?  Are all of us on Team Village?

Not sure how there were no more villagers? If there were six people left, and two are wolves, that would mean four are villagers. You kill off one villager, now there are three left. I'm probably totally missing something here.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Remiel

Well, since we were informed that Mintprincess was revealed to be the Hunter and Madame Professor was revealed to be the Teen Wolf, I assumed we'd know when we got the Sheepy Wolf.

Quote from: Trieste on November 19, 2017, 09:44:30 PM
Sheepy Wolf - Werewolf who appears normal to the Seer.

So the Seer wouldn't be able to detect the Sheepy Wolf, which is pretty standard; but usually they are still revealed when lynched, unless the rules specifically say otherwise. 

persephone325

Who is actually left? Person-wise, I mean.

Remi, Imogen, Kaz, Caeli, Scott, Rummy? Is that everyone?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

12 players:

- Blythe - listed as Villager on death
- persephone325 - listed as Villager on death
- Ket - listed as Villager on death
- Rummy - listed as Villager on death
- Mintprincess - listed as Hunter on death
- MP - listed as Teen Wolf on death
- ? - Vigilante
- ? - Seer
- ? - Big Bad Wolf
- ? - Sheepy Wolf
- ? - Jailer
- ? - Watcher

^ According to the game thread, if one goes by the listings of what a person was upon their death. There are six players remaining alive as far as I can tell:

- Caeli
- Imogen
- Kazyth
- Remiel
- Scott
- yugi006

I think the numbers are correct, far as I can tell.

Kazyth

Quote from: Ket on December 13, 2017, 08:59:12 PM
Not sure how there were no more villagers? If there were six people left, and two are wolves, that would mean four are villagers. You kill off one villager, now there are three left. I'm probably totally missing something here.

I think Remiel was expecting there to be some confirmation that Blythe was the vigilante as he claimed. Right now, either we killed the Sheepy Wolf and Trie is playing by the “Shows As a villager even when dead” rule for the Sheepy, or she is playing by the rule that there is no confirmation of any role but Werewolf ones.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Madame Professor

Quote from: persephone325 on December 13, 2017, 09:05:08 PM
Who is actually left? Person-wise, I mean.

Remi, Imogen, Kaz, Caeli, Scott, Rummy? Is that everyone?

Rummy is amongst the ghostly.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Remiel

@Blythe --  Yugi was also listed as a Villager when he was killed.

Ket

Caeli, Imogen, Kaz, Remiel, and Scott are left. Kaz identified himself as the jailer, Scott identified himself as the vigilante.

eta: What is the role of the watcher? I can't find a description for it anywhere. Nevermind, I can't read.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

persephone325

Quote from: Madame Professor on December 13, 2017, 09:07:09 PM
Rummy is amongst the ghostly.

Quote from: Ket on December 13, 2017, 09:09:20 PM
Caeli, Imogen, Kaz, Remiel, and Scott are left. Kaz identified himself as the jailer, Scott identified himself as the vigilante.

My mistake.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

@Ket I believe the Watcher picks a target and then is notified if anyone visits that target during the night.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on December 13, 2017, 09:09:07 PM
@Blythe --  Yugi was also listed as a Villager when he was killed.
.  This.

There are five people left and we haven’t been informed of the jailer, seer, watcher, vigilante, bad wolf and sheepy wolf.

That would lead me to conclude the sheepy wolf died and appeared normal and you only have one wolf left.

Blythe

Then perhaps the Sheepy Wolf is in disguise even upon death.  >:)

Mintprincess

Quote from: Blythe on December 13, 2017, 09:12:41 PM
Then perhaps the Sheepy Wolf is in disguise even upon death.  >:)
you make yourself sound so guilty dear. ;)

Blythe

Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not! But that shall be for the living to deduce, of course! I am only a maybe innocent ghost here on this couch. <3

Trieste

Sheepy wolf isn’t revealed until the end of the game, no. I don’t recall ever playing in a game where they were revealed before the end of the game (which doesn’t mean it’s impossible; my memory is not perfect) so I figured it was a given.

Also just a small noodge to my dead folks, since we’re getting kinda blurry with the discussion. <3

Ket

Blythe

*is noodged and grabs a seat by Ket to get tasty popcorn too*

Rummy Tum Tum

Trieste

So, a recap of the roles:

• Villager: Nothing special (except for the fact that we’re all special in our own special way). Shows up as a villager upon death.
  • Vigilante: Has one bullet to use during night round on whomever they please. Shows up as vigilante on death
  • Hunter: Can take one person with them when they die. Shows up as hunter upon death
  • Seer: Can see a player’s alignment (not their role, just if they’re wolf or innocent) once per night. Shows up as seer upon death.
  • Watcher: Can watch one person per night and see if anyone visits them. Because of this role, the wolves choose not only who to kill but also which wolf is doing the deed, for purposes of the watcher. Shows up as watcher upon death.
  • Jailer: Can throw one person in jail each night and ask them three questions. Being placed in jail blocks the jailed person’s role and also renders them immune. The one exception to this is if the jailer is targeted by wolves on the same night they jail a wolf. Shows up as jailer upon death.
  • Big Bad Wolf: Can overrule the other wolves once per game and choose someone to kill unilaterally. Shows up as big bad wolf on death.
  • Sheepy Wolf: Appears as an innocent to the Seer. Shows up as villager upon death.
  • Teen Wolf: Hasn’t quite gotten the hang of stealth yet and must therefore say the word ‘werewolf’ (or ‘werewolves’ or ‘werewoof’ or some iteration thereof) once per day. Shows up as teen wolf upon death.

For the purposes of mechanics, the jailer goes first every night, then watcher/seer, then vigilante, then wolves, then hunter.

Sorry for any frustration or confusion that has resulted from any lack of clarity. I’m a little rusty at this, and I know it’s been a while since a lot of y’all have played.

I do hope that everyone is still having fun with the game! <3 Please ask me any questions here or in PM that you may have. I’m down to answer whatever questions, absolutely.

Remiel

No worries, Trie.  I probably should have asked for clarification before making assumptions.  :-)

Ket

Quote from: Trieste on December 13, 2017, 09:35:01 PM

I do hope that everyone is still having fun with the game!

How much fun Ket is having...

Mintprincess

Trieste you are doing wonderful and even dead I’m having fun!!!

Imogen

I'm having a great time, Tri! Just realizing how incredibly rusty I am at playing these games!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Trieste

Kazyth

Whelp, there it is.  I knew admitting I was the Jailer would get me killed, but ah well.

*flops on the couch and reaches over to snag some popcorn*
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.