Warning system

Started by Mia, January 10, 2008, 01:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia

Ok... a suggestion here...

You can place people as buddies (great feature), you can block people (another great feature) but you can't put "warnings" on people. A warning would be a flag you put on another user that you for some reason don't want to play with. It is only visible to you (just as the buddy system) and doesn't prevent you to recieve any PMs or whatever... it is just a reminder to tell you that... THIS guy... you don't like and don't want to play with.

In my case that would mean that I could stop writing my "warnings" by hand. A warning could be shown as... italic? What do I know...
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

ON and OFF: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8615.0

Swedish Steel

Hah! No way, who would be left for me to play with? I have to rely on people's bad memory...
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Sherona

lol Swedish :D

I am sorry that you have so many people that you don't feel you would enjoy a game with that you can not remember them :) I generally remember those who I am like erm..no..played one with her/him and our writing styles clashed too badly..or for whatever reason..

Edit: of course I haven't ran across more then a few of those so that might be it too.

Mia

Oh that isn't the problem :), I do remember no problem but it is just something I picked up from Rpol where I put down those persons that I like and those I don't... you never know when such thing gets handy (it does I promise you, especially after a few years).

The buddy system took care to the person I like, now I would just want to be able to get rid of the note all-together by be able to put down those I don't like.

And I might want to add that people I wouldn't play with doesn't mean I hate them, mostly it is just that their style of play doesn't suit me.
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

ON and OFF: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8615.0

Sherona

Quotemostly it is just that their style of play doesn't suit me.

*nodnods* I understand this quite well.

King_Furby

I kind of disagree i don't think there needs to be one. But maybe i am not the best judge as i have never had much of a problem with anyone i played with. Not enough of a problem to make me what to write it down anyhow. The idea of a warning system just does not sound like a good thing to me. It's something i just don't feel good about.

One option you could just write a PM to yourself with the list of names. That might work.

:'( i hope no one would put me on a warning list.

Lovelynice

Quote from: Mia on January 10, 2008, 01:57:21 AM
Ok... a suggestion here...

You can place people as buddies (great feature), you can block people (another great feature) but you can't put "warnings" on people. A warning would be a flag you put on another user that you for some reason don't want to play with. It is only visible to you (just as the buddy system) and doesn't prevent you to recieve any PMs or whatever... it is just a reminder to tell you that... THIS guy... you don't like and don't want to play with.

In my case that would mean that I could stop writing my "warnings" by hand. A warning could be shown as... italic? What do I know...
The problem with that idea is the very high risk of forgetting WHY you had them on warning like that.

It would ne nice to have a sort of scratchpad just to keep notes though, instead of sending PMs to yourself. For lots of good reasons, not just warnings or whatever.           
Bisexual
Submissive (very rare switch)

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

King_Furby

i would be okay with a private built in notepad where people can keep notes of things. game ideas or whatever. That way if someone wanted to make a warning list they could but it could also be used for other things.