Devil Survivor: A modern apocalyptic fantasy, oh my~

Started by Solstice, March 30, 2012, 10:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solstice

Ah, yes, that does remind me!

Is everyone participating okay with myself and THM PMing them for game-related things?
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Saric

"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Latooni Subota

I'm normally pretty leery of it, since that tends to lead to GMPCs taking a lot of the focus/etc.  That's actually how the last SMT game I was in died. NPCs started doing/fixing all the problems and issues we ran into, and the players were only useful every now and then.

How would you go about it? What would you do?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Solstice

Latooni Subota

Now how did I go from PMing, to that? Jesus christ I'm silly. That's what I get for multitasking. XD

Yes, PMing is fine. I generally have IM windows open with most of my GMs just to work things out that would take too long in threads. >.>;

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

evangel

I'm much more late than you, Kineas! :X

Name: Karasawa Kousuke

Biography: House Karasawa is a particularly notable bloodline for mediocrity, which does not cut it for life in Japan. The middle class and middle class work are vanishing at an alarmingly growing rate, dooming the livelihood of this family. Kousuke's parents are aware of this and constantly push for him to reach for university as his post-graduation goal. Unfortunately, Kousuke constantly grapples with the prospect of dropping out or being expelled from his high school for various reasons. The result is an ever-growing chasm between his hopes and his expectations.

What Do You Have In Your Pockets?: 3,000 yen. Smartphone. Gum. Apartment keys. Wallet.

Other: A clever personality impaired with pride and immaturity, leading to recklessness and actions that label him as the exact opposite of being clever. Rough and coarse in language. Probably has no good points. Probably expected to be secretly shy and gentle by the optimistic.

Kineas

I dunno, I only beat you by about 3 hours! xD

I'm okay with getting PMs.

... Okay so I'm gonna go do something else now, as I just spent like 30 minutes reading and re-reading everyone's bios. Soooo going away from my PC now. Yup. Not RP starved in the least. '>.>

evangel

TheHangedOne

Looks good evangel, except for one little detail you omitted. You left out appearance.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Saric

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 02, 2012, 04:44:49 PM
Looks good evangel, except for one little detail you omitted. You left out appearance.

He has a picture up for that.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Saric

I'm linking it here.

click the link since you can't see it normally.

TheHangedOne

I'm still seeing a blank image, even when I click the link, even when I right click and save it as a .jpg.
Check out my poet tree!

Saric

there is something funky with your computer then because I can see it just fine both ways and I doubt he'd link a pic that he can't see.

TheHangedOne

Aye. When I save it, it's only 43 bytes in size. So something weird is going on.

Edit: Apparently, their is something wrong with the MTU of my computer. Now to tinker with it and see if I can't fix it. Apologies to everyone, for that.
Check out my poet tree!

Solstice

I'll be getting us an OOC topic up in the next few days, and the game proper shortly after that. I'll post here (and PM those who've said they don't mind) when those things occur.

Ember Star

Hey guys. Just popping in to see if Unicorn got approved from my starter? I've been busily setting up my own rp group on here.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Solstice

Quote from: Ember Star on April 02, 2012, 10:36:28 PM
Hey guys. Just popping in to see if Unicorn got approved from my starter? I've been busily setting up my own rp group on here.

Yes, it's fine.

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Latooni Subota

Anybody other than Ember weigh in on specific starter demons to get our butts kicked by?

Saric

Quote from: Latooni Subota on April 03, 2012, 07:31:26 PM
Anybody other than Ember weigh in on specific starter demons to get our butts kicked by?

I got mine already. Going with Hairy Jack.

Latooni Subota

Well in that case, I'm just gonna have to request Poltergeist.

. . . . What?

Edit: Okay, i'm half-kidding. I actually would like Jack Frost. Hee ho!

Solstice

Quote from: Latooni Subota on April 03, 2012, 08:30:47 PM
Well in that case, I'm just gonna have to request Poltergeist.

. . . . What?

Edit: Okay, i'm half-kidding. I actually would like Jack Frost. Hee ho!

I had PLANZ for you, actually. =O

EDIT: For those interested in a status update, I'm putting us together a super-simplified map of the Tokyo area for the OOC thread; by no means will the game be map-intensive, but it'll hopefully help give some perspective about situations like, "You need to get from here to there, but there are BAD GUYZ (omg!) in the way."

Latooni Subota

Clearly you should PM me GLORIOUS SECRET PLANZ then. Or IM them. Or both! ATTENTION YEY!

Solstice

*PMs, IMs, e-mails, and snail mails SO MUCH PLANS*