Extremely true-to-life sex dolls (NSFW)

Started by jouzinka, April 18, 2014, 02:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikem

Quote from: eBadger on March 11, 2015, 05:15:56 PM
An interesting peek into a factory. 

I will admit. Being dumped by the only girl that's ever actually liked me, coupled with the fact I'm hopelessly single, gives me quite an urge to want one of these things. If I somehow make it rich, I just might sucker into buying one. Though I'd have to live alone, and stash her in the closet when someone comes over.  :-[
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

DemonessOfDeathValley

Actually these dolls are becoming a bit more mainstream. I'm part of a community devoted to these dolls.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

eBadger

DemonessOfDeathValley

It means I'm part of a community that is devoted to love dolls. It's largely online but we do have meetups and convention type events.

Mikem

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on April 18, 2015, 10:45:02 AM
It means I'm part of a community that is devoted to love dolls. It's largely online but we do have meetups and convention type events.

I'm now curious what these meetups and convention type events actually entail.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

DemonessOfDeathValley

Basically what they are, is a place for Doll Owners, admirers, Love Doll Vendors, Doll Makers, etc.... to get together and socialize. The owners bring their dolls and or photos of their dolls. The Vendors and Makers bring their newest models and the favorites so that they can show off their wares and take orders. The Admirers sometimes become owners. Plus, it gives like minded individuals a place to hang out.

Speaking as a biological woman who collects dolls and has a doll for companion purposes, I love mine. She's only 16 inches tall and a great shoulder to cry on. I'm agoraphobic and it's really hard for me to make friends in the outside world. So online communities are my best bet. Also, having dolls around gives me some semblance of a friendship. Is it a little strange side? Some might say yes. But I prefer to say different than average.

Mikem

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on April 20, 2015, 03:37:44 PM
Speaking as a biological woman who collects dolls and has a doll for companion purposes, I love mine. She's only 16 inches tall and a great shoulder to cry on. I'm agoraphobic and it's really hard for me to make friends in the outside world. So online communities are my best bet. Also, having dolls around gives me some semblance of a friendship. Is it a little strange side? Some might say yes. But I prefer to say different than average.

Humans are social creatures, we crave attention, affection, companionship. Though in our society its very hard to come by it. Having something like a Doll is like a bypass to having to step through the potentially terrifying and harmful process of developing a friendship. They're the shape, form, and appearance of another Human, but they're just there, never judging, never hurting. Probably why the life size love Doll business is a lucrative one. Many people want the emotional outlet without needing to be fearful of going through the friendship/relationship process.

My Ons & Offs

Zaer Darkwail

It's either society or teachers/parents fault not to raise children properly if children later as adults are unable to socialize or make friends with other people. Unless condition in question is medical/psychological in nature. But good hear that for people who have trouble connecting others can be happy with dolls (albeit to me it sounds weird/sad) plus use online communities as socializing outlet.

Mikem

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 21, 2015, 10:58:47 AM
But good hear that for people who have trouble connecting others can be happy with dolls (albeit to me it sounds weird/sad)

Well of course it's sad, but it's one of the only options some people have. It's really hard for people to make friends, unless you're naturally a hyper, sociable person who knows exactly what to say. I wouldn't go as far as getting a Doll for a companion, but then again, I don't have any friends.

My Ons & Offs

DemonessOfDeathValley

Yeah, it might be 'sad', but it is what it is. Dolls don't judge me. And until I find human beings that actually accept me, my collection is the only outlet I have other than online. What I feel is sad, is that people can't accept each other for who they are.

Mikem

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on April 21, 2015, 02:19:33 PM
What I feel is sad, is that people can't accept each other for who they are.

Also true.

My Ons & Offs

eBadger

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 21, 2015, 10:58:47 AM
It's either society or teachers/parents fault not to raise children properly if children later as adults are unable to socialize or make friends with other people.

I like to think it's other peoples' fault.  I'm great friends with everyone I've ever gotten to know what was worth being friends with. 

And interesting, Demoness...I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable bringing my sex toy to a convention, but dolls generally can be pretty neat.  Every now and then a hand-painted redone doll pops up on deviantart and it's pretty amazing what some people do.  Although some are also totally creepy. 

As for sad...not really.  The reasons you give are the same I like my cat and my grampa's tools; I don't think having sentiment toward something inhuman means you're unhealthy in any way.  Actually, finding a constructive outlet when suffering from agoraphobia seems like a good thing IMHO. 

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: eBadger on April 22, 2015, 10:42:06 AM
I like to think it's other peoples' fault.  I'm great friends with everyone I've ever gotten to know what was worth being friends with. 

And interesting, Demoness...I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable bringing my sex toy to a convention, but dolls generally can be pretty neat.  Every now and then a hand-painted redone doll pops up on deviantart and it's pretty amazing what some people do.  Although some are also totally creepy. 

As for sad...not really.  The reasons you give are the same I like my cat and my grampa's tools; I don't think having sentiment toward something inhuman means you're unhealthy in any way.  Actually, finding a constructive outlet when suffering from agoraphobia seems like a good thing IMHO.

Thank you. It's a challenge for me because there are days when I literally cannot leave the house without having a major anxiety attack. Having my dolls helps me greatly. As well as being involved in online communities.

The interesting thing is, most of us have several dolls. I know people who have one doll they use for sex and another they have for companionship.

Mikem

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on April 22, 2015, 04:20:04 PM
I know people who have one doll they use for sex and another they have for companionship.

If only I had my own place, and $5,000.

My Ons & Offs

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: Mikem on April 22, 2015, 04:47:07 PM
If only I had my own place, and $5,000.

You don't necessarily need 5,000, there are other lower end dolls that are just as functional for a lot less. Also, in the doll community, the Vendors will sometimes give people lots of discounts.

Mikem

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on April 22, 2015, 04:55:26 PM
You don't necessarily need 5,000, there are other lower end dolls that are just as functional for a lot less. Also, in the doll community, the Vendors will sometimes give people lots of discounts.

I'm sure even a Doll from a vendor at one of those conventions with discounts would still be a bit pricey for me. And even if it were a lot smaller than say a RealDoll one. I guess it's a market only for those willing to pony up cause it costs a pretty penny to make them in the first place, especially ones for that purpose. Do you know of average estimates for a practically sized Doll?

My Ons & Offs

DemonessOfDeathValley

It depends upon what you mean by 'practically'. There are functional dolls that cost about 500 dollars. It really depends upon your preference and so on. The most realistically 'life sized' doll will run you about 1,000 dollars. I know people that have gotten them cheaper by purchasing them from others in the doll community.

Mikem

There's something funny about a pre-owned love doll.

And by "practically" I tried to mean a Doll that was small but still large enough to be functional with a person.

My Ons & Offs

DemonessOfDeathValley

I understand completely about pre - owned. But there are some Vendors that are 'middle - men' so to speak. They don't make the dolls, they merely sell them. They offer deep discounts to members of the doll community who are reluctant or can't shell out thousands of dollars for one of the high end silicone dolls from Abyss, Sinthetics or similar companies.

Depending upon your preferences for function. I would probably be able to point you in the right direction. If Oral and anal capabilities are not mandatory, then there are dolls that sell for as low as approximately 500 - 700 dollars. These are functional as sex dolls. A doll that is about 5 foot 2 with oral capabilities sells for about 750 dollars.

These less expensive dolls of course are not as detailed and no one is going to mistake them for an actual person. However, when it comes durability, affordability and use as a companion, I stand beside mine.

Mikem

Five hundred definitely is a much nicer number than the $5,600 RealDolls from their company site. Plus it's much easier to save up that much. Maybe...MAYBE, I might look into it one day when I have a much better job. But really even thinking about it depends on the level of my need and relationship status.

My Ons & Offs

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: Mikem on April 23, 2015, 05:35:28 PM
Five hundred definitely is a much nicer number than the $5,600 RealDolls from their company site. Plus it's much easier to save up that much. Maybe...MAYBE, I might look into it one day when I have a much better job. But really even thinking about it depends on the level of my need and relationship status.

That really is the important thing to consider when thinking of investing in a doll. There have been a few people within the community that thought they were doll people and took the plunge purchasing a high end doll and when it arrived....whoops. Its always best to start out with what's referred to as an 'entry level doll'. Generally a smaller or lower priced doll to even decide if owning one is really what you want.

eBadger

So random but honest question, where do the dakimakura pillows fall for the Doll community?

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: eBadger on April 23, 2015, 06:34:24 PM
So random but honest question, where do the dakimakura pillows fall for the Doll community?

Sort of between a body pillow and a fabric doll. Since they really are more of a pillow or a 'sex toy'.

Mikem

Quote from: eBadger on April 23, 2015, 06:34:24 PM

Even as a lover of Anime/Hentai I never got the appeal of those pillows. They're nice to look at but you'd still be cuddling a flat image.

My Ons & Offs

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: Mikem on April 23, 2015, 07:18:33 PM
Even as a lover of Anime/Hentai I never got the appeal of those pillows. They're nice to look at but you'd still be cuddling a flat image.

Kinda my thoughts exactly.