Interest Check- Star Wars: Imperial Special Services (FFG Star Wars)

Started by ShadowFox89, November 29, 2017, 11:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Whitebread

Good thing I only use blasters.  And the Zabrak doesn't need all of his anyway.

You might want to get your lego looked at.  I don't think they are supposed to stick up like that.

Yeah, they're going to get along fine....

There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

clonkertink

I love how the Quartermaster spec basically gives one player free reign to strangle their teammates in red tape. In my home game, all my players live in terror of my friend's Quartermaster. Roughly once per session I hear the words, "Oooh, she's gonna kill us."

Belisuavious

He'd know exactly why he's shooting people. Whether he likes it or not, he's not going to say. But given his rap sheet, killing other people beats the hell out of dying, and he might even be able to find a way out from the thumb of the empire. Unlikely of course, but he can hope.

Captain Whitebread

Pumpkin Seeds

Depends on what good I'm bringing to the table.   Might like me more than you.    >:)

clonkertink

I'm not messing with the lady who restocks the torpedo tubes, dude.

Captain Whitebread

That ain't no lady.

Oh I have no doubt he will not be a popular member of the team.  He reeks of human privilege.  He'd shoot each of you without a second thought, if ordered to.  He's working with you because he's been ordered to.  Equally, if ordered to keep you alive, he'd die trying. 

Double edged sword.

And you have to opportunity to convince him that everything he'd been raised to believe is, if not exactly wrong, then certainly biased.  Do it in the right way and you can take bets on how many times his head will spin before it stops.

Belisuavious

I mean, whoever it is keeping me in guns and ammo is definitely going to be seen as more important than someone who is using guns and ammo that could be going to me, so...

Captain Whitebread

You shouldn't be handling guns like these.  They're too difficult for your alien brain to comprehend.

I might need to tone him down a little, otherwise he might end up in a dark alley with alien boot prints all over him......

clonkertink

Captain Whitebread

He's not a pilot, so he has to make sure he knows the proper exits during an emergency, right?

WhatLiesAbove

Guancyto

I mean, even if he's a raging humanist, I would expect him to grasp concepts like "aliens know how guns work, and getting shot by them hurts, so don't accidentally leave aliens with guns you don't want them to use."

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: Guancyto on December 03, 2017, 12:32:19 AM
I mean, even if he's a raging humanist, I would expect him to grasp concepts like "aliens know how guns work, and getting shot by them hurts, so don't accidentally leave aliens with guns you don't want them to use."

Some imperial humans don’t think most aliens can comprehend the common tongue

Captain Whitebread

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on December 03, 2017, 08:09:38 AM
Make sure none of the aliens have guns.  Got it.

Might not be best to play a rampant xenophobe in a game where you're going to be around aliens more than humans.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Captain Whitebread

I'm obviously playing him up a little here.

But this is the sort of attitude he would have come out of his brainwashing, I mean indoctrination and training with....

ShadowFox89

Added a brief character application sheet to the first post. So far it looks like a majority of people are playing military types (Which is fitting) with one inquisitor.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Belisuavious

Name: Icarus Hawke
Species: Human
Career: Hired Gun
Specializations: Mercenary Soldier

Physical Description: Hawke is an older human, having entered his fourth decade. His body is beginning to show the strain of his years of fighting, but he is confident it will see him through a few more for now. There is a rare collection of scars, mostly blaster burns but there is a fairly wicked vibroknife scar down the left side of his face, pulling his mouth into a lopsided grin when his face would otherwise be at rest. His dark hair is liberally sprinkled with white and grey, though he hasn't started losing any yet, which he is thankful for. There is usually a light to medium amount of scruff on his face as well, this more grey than black, but he tries to shave whenever he can.

Personality: Hawke is a consummate professional in his line of work. When he is hired (or in this case, coerced, but it works out to the same thing) he will stay on the job until it is complete, he is released, or he is dead. After being forced into working for the Empire this code has been shaken, though not broken, due to his reluctance in working for another autocratic government, and being another cog in the machine of war. His happiest moments were in the years between the Clone Wars and just before he was picked up by COMPNOR agents. While not exactly carefree he was able to live his own life. He was still a killer, still took money to cause death and destruction but it was his choice, his decision. He killed for himself or his comrades, not at the beck and call of some distant figure who didn't care if he lived or died.

Brief Bio: Icarus Hawke was born on the rather unremarkable Outer Rim world of Deppsiq, to a rather unremarkable family. The king was all powerful, but for much of his childhood the king was a reasonable man, who governed well and the planet prospered about as much as a poor outer rim world could be expected to. The megacorps were kept away or in check, and abuses of power were few and far between. This changed with the death of the king, and the ascension of his son. Soon, the world was all but bought out by a series of mining corporations. The people were being ground into the dirt in the company mines, coming home to company towns, and living company lives. Something broke, and a revolution rose up.

Hawke fought in this, and gained his first taste of combat there. As the revolution raged, the Clone Wars broke out and appeals were made to both belligerents for aid. The king, seen in Coruscant as the legitimate government, gained the aid of the Republic. This forced the rebels into the arms of the Separatists despite the prevalence of megacorps in their ranks. This introduced a more direct, less democratic leadership to the rebels, and soon enough Hawke couldn't tell the difference between the leaders of either side, and the conflict continued more out of outrage at the other side than any real political differences now. The fighting raged on until the end of the Clone Wars, being a backwater planet, and with the fall of the Separatists the rebels were summarily crushed. Fleeing his home and mistrusting the offers of clemency, Hawke became a mercenary wandering the Outer Rim with the millions of other discharged soldiers who knew little else beyond war.

He was a good soldier too, and took pride in his work. That all changed when he made a bit of a name for himself following a particularly harrowing contract, and while resting on Mallorn, he was scooped up by Imperial Intelligence Agents. Facing the possibility of a death sentence for his activities during the Clone Wars and the only real options being death now or death later, Icarus Hawke chose the latter.

TheFourthShade

Name: Mila Tuvale
Species:  Twilek
Career:   Spy
Specializations: Slicer

Physical Description:  Mila is a red skinned Twilek.  She stands just a little over five feet tall, and has a lithe figure.  She dresses plainly in drab or dark utilitarian clothing, depending on circumstances, and wears a utility belt as often as she can.  Her lekku are often unadorned, though she's not afraid of playing dress up for a job or for a laugh.  Her eyes are bright purple.

In relaxation, she can often be found toying with her datapad. 

Personality:  Mila is more confident than your average technician and more loyal to the Empire than the average alien has any excuse to be.   To her, the ultimate payoff from the job is the excitement and the credits are just a side benefit.   Whether the excitement comes from a dramatic escape or a job done so well that no one knows she was there at all, of course, does not matter.  Her biggest weakness is a youthful desire to prove herself.

Brief Bio:
Mila Tuvale is a strange girl, raised among pirates who survived the Clone Wars (and profited despite (and in some cases because of) Imperial Crackdowns).  At age ten, she was rescued from an escape pod by Imperial search parties.  She spun a story that fooled her questioners, except for Senior Field Agent Adi Tuvale.  Giving Mila her last name, Adi put her through training and indoctrination.

Most who have heard the story disagree on why a Senior Field Agent would do this, but the 'experiment' or 'mistake' carried results.

Mila grew from a somewhat smart mouthed child to a young woman who would be trusted on (admittedly minor and mundane) field operations.  She did not disappoint, of course, and slowly worked her way up to being trusted with actual combat training and riskier field operations.

Eventually, this would lead to her assignment to a team of operatives who are fated for some quite interesting times.

Though she is young, Mila is determined to prove herself worthy of assignment to this team.

Miscellaneous Notes:  Though I know very little about the team as a whole and how it all comes together, Mila would be one of the younger team members if not the youngest. 

Guancyto

Let's see here...

Name: Twenty-First Sister (Twenty-One for short)
Career: Warrior
Specializations: Aggressor

Physical Description: Twenty-One is a woman in her mid-thirties in sharp professional attire. Her red hair is neatly done into a tight bun, and her thin-rimmed glasses are more reminiscent of a bookkeeper or librarian rather than a master of the Force, but her blue eyes have an unmistakable fire to them. She is physically fit with a grace of movement and lean twitch muscle suggesting she knows how to handle herself in a fight. Her weather-beaten features suggest the years have not been kind to her.

Personality: Twenty-One is ruthless and calculating in the field, and when pressed she can bring out deep wellsprings of menace and hatred that she wields like a blade. But that isn't to say she isn't good for a drink in off-hours, because for real, leave that 'constantly seething and in pain' shit to Vader. She has in some small way embraced being so low-ranked among her peers; twenty-one is her lucky number and it would be a huge pain to get her business cards reprinted, so if she's going to rise at all, she's going to rise to One.

Brief Bio: Twenty-One has been many things in her life. A padawan, rejected from the Jedi (emotions? In my teenagers? It's more likely than you think), who was sent to become a farmer. A farmer who felt the call of the Wars and became a soldier. A soldier who came home to find her land devastated by the war and occupied by would-be robber barons, and became a guerrilla. A guerrilla who was found by the Inquisition as the Empire started to reassert its authority over her planet, who was found to be of a suitable temperament for resumed training.

Now an Inquisitor. Is it only one more stop on the journey? All signs point to yes. Perhaps... an Inquisitor that becomes an Empress? Now there's a stop on the path...

clonkertink

Name: Izzek Morai
Species: Zabrak
Career: Bounty Hunter
Specializations: Operator

Physical Description: Izzek is a wiry Zabrak, with a relaxed demeanour and a perpetual grin. Strangers tend to find his expression unsettling, rather than friendly. Colleagues usually describe it as the smile of a man who enjoys his work far too much.

He typically wears a well-used flight suit. His helmet has a ring of horns (purely cosmetic. His actual horns are short enough that a few minutes with a drill are enough to fit them inside a standard helmet.)

Personality: Izzek's personality tends to grate on rank-and-file Imperials. He rarely defies a direct order, but he has trouble reigning in his perpetually snarky attitude. He's not here for any grand ideals of Law and Order. He's here because the Empire pays him to instil terror. He loves nothing more than a high-speed chase, and tends to favour ion cannons so that he can leave his quarry alive but helpless aboard their stranded vessel, awaiting their inevitable capture.

Discipline is a foreign concept to Izzek, and he enjoys finding subtle ways to get under the skin of bureaucrats and other stuffy personalities. Things like putting his feet up on desks, taking bites of people's food without asking, and holding eye contact just a little too long.

Brief Bio: Izzek never knew his parents, and was raised in a squalid orphanage on Coruscant. There was a strict hierarchy of bullying amongst the children there, but Izzek was left alone largely because he was deemed too creepy to pick on. Insults were met with snark, and beatings typically resulted in Izzek just spitting blood in people's faces and laughing.

His first job was as a swoop-bike courier in the lower levels of the city, where the possibility of an ambush was always a distinct possibility. On one such, however, he ran afoul of a bounty hunter named Lyra Shale. While Shale eventually caught Izzek and claimed his cargo, she decided to take the Zabrak under her wing. Izzek worked as her apprentice for several years before finally being granted his own Bounty Hunting license. This put him on the radar of an Imperial recruiter who extended an offer for the Imperial Special Services. Shale was disappointed to see her student go, but Izzek considered the prospect of steady, dangerous work too good to pass up.

Captain Whitebread

Name: Oded Fehr
Career: Imperial Army's Stormtrooper Corps (Explorer)
Specializations: Sniper Scout (Scout)

Physical Description: Dark haired and dark eyed, Oded looks older than he is.  He shaves daily but develops a five o'clock shadow quickly.  He keeps his hair relatively short, in a military style cut.  It's an old habit that might get him in trouble one day.

Personality: Oded is a humanist.  It's a trait he picked up while protecting his families nerf herds.  It wasn’t just four legged predators that learned the hard way that the nerf were well protected.  He'd killed six Rhodians, two Trandosians  and a Karkarodon by the time he was old enough to apply for the academy.  He sees aliens as lesser beings but that attitude is conflicted when the alien is more humanoid.  A Twi'lek, for example would be of higher status than a Wookie, even if the Twi'lek was a slave and the Wookie was free.  He has problems with his attraction to certain alien females; he cannot reconcile his attraction with his attitude that they are lesser beings.

Oded is also very thoughtful and quiet.  He seems to have limitless patience and does not have any kind of a temper.  This does not mean he is without passion; those few things he cares about he is very enthusiastic about.  He is an avid speeder bike fan and has a love of firearms that has endured since childhood.   Some see him as cold and callous.  He prefers to be thought of as clinical.  He proudly wore the grey armour of the sniper scouts and has set it aside to take up the role of an intelligence operative with equal pride.

Brief Bio: All Oded ever wanted was to be a soldier.  Stuck on a backwater planet, riding herd on nerf and using stray predators as target practice, he was literally counting the days before he could apply to the academy.  When that day finally came, it was like a rebirth.  His aptitude for handling a speeder marked him as a shoe in for the scout corps and his keen eye and seemingly endless patience brought him to the attention of the recruiters for the sniper scouts.  Combined with a seemingly fanatical devotion to the Empire and a disregard for the value of the lives of his targets, Oded was looking forward to a long career as a sniper scout, before retiring to  well earned pension.  It wasn't meant to be.

He'd recently made lieutenant when he was pulled off an assignment,  He assumed he was being reassigned to a more critical mission.  When he learned he was being reassigned to the Intelligence division, he questioned how his skills would aid in clandestine operations.  When he found out he'd be performing political assassinations, framing rebels and sacrificing his identity and morals in order to aid the Empire, he agreed, like the good soldier he was.  He is new to the world of espionage but certainly not to war.  Even though specific records are not kept, his kill count is thought to be in the hundreds.  He understands straightforward fighting; it's all the sneaky stuff he's having trouble adapting to.

ShadowFox89

Concepts so far look good, and I'll take final picks (though with 4 right now, might just grab all four) after the holidays.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

Since we have a bit of a time buffer what with one of the busiest holiday seasons coming up, anyone want to attempt collaboration on backstories?