Magic: The Rousing (Need 1 new player)

Started by AribethAmkiir, January 14, 2014, 04:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

someinheritthewealth

I would be interested it seems like a concept could get behind, although may take a while. I am thinking female if you will have me.

AribethAmkiir

Currently accepting female or male characters.

AribethAmkiir

Looking to get things underway soon.  Will close recruitment next week.

someinheritthewealth

I shall work on character today, would you mind a banshee biker?

Wait, not looked back in a while is it only humans in this, or is it similar in idea to American Gods and the magical beings exist with humans?

AribethAmkiir

someinheritthewealth

Once I had dinner I shall submit someone. I hope I can handle this, good rper don't get me wrong, just little overwhelmed.

AribethAmkiir

Let me know if there's anything I can clarify or answer to help alleviate that feeling.

someinheritthewealth

*WIP*

I have began the sheet, will write history tomorrow. I often either write first person or third person largely depending on character is this acceptable for you? I have to write in style I feel best fits the characters.

Name: Carla Elwyn

Sexual Preference: Closet Lesbian

Where’s the character from? Wales, Swansea
Personality: Carla is rather introverted preferring to draw and work on creative skills, she is very gifted and often spends time outside drawing others, she also fantasizes at times about being with other girls. Although when she draws such erotic pieces she hides them in her room under her mattress. Outside of this she is friendly if a tad naive and idealistic.

Description:Carla had dyed white hair with deep marble coloured eyes and rather intense stare. Despite this it's gentle and with clear kindness in gaze. She is small for her age standing at only 5.2 feet and weighing just under 130 pounds, extremely lithe though rather wiry. At times she wears glasses mainly when painting or drawing and currently she's going to enter her gap year before she begins University to study art, so has opted to go to New York hearing it's a bohemian paradise. She wears loose clothes, free flowing dresses and colourful t-shirt everything about her screams girl next door, despite the fact she's a lesbian.

Character History: Carla was born in Swansea in 1993 and is an only child after her mother first child a male was still born and could not be saved, after the second attempt she was born in 1993. Her parents were were extremely protective of her, to a coddling extent, things were normal for a time until she developed an imaginary friend, when she was asked to describe them and say their name, she responded, "Patrick, he has black hair and heartshaped birthmark on his shoulder.

The parent's at first could not believe the simalarities, but in fear they tried to tell her to stop talking to her, instead she talked in secret drawing great worlds of untold beauty and strange creatures, Patrick spoke of these places and told her in time she would understand. Carla was not sure what to think, but she kept working at her art and kept creating these splendid pictures.

Soon she was in High School and she continued to insist Patrick exist, even speaking of other children in the school who all spoke of a great change coming, inspiring her art, she listened and kept painting and drawing, alarming the faculty. It became such a concern that soon she was admitted to the therapist, for months the school counsellor spoke to her and tried to understand, instead she drew and showed what they were telling her, some of the things spoke of came across otherworldly, fantastical even, truly the stuff of grand fantasy epics.

And when she spoke of Patrick she said how he kept warning that something was coming and the world would change dramatically, the counsellor was not sure what to think instead he had to call a professional.

That helped even less, they studied her and her art, to try and understand, way she spoke she really seemed to see these people who had been lost in the school and elsewhere, but the professionals could not believe such a thing possible. Instead in frustration they suggest she focus on the creative ideas and try forget Patrick, otherwise things would have to change.

The last words he said was, "Carla, sister they are coming, the world is changing and nothing will be the same again." then shut him out and forgot about him, ignoring the voices and people around her both living and dead pulling back into herself, it seemed she was breaking into a depression, although who knew why, she ate little and only drew the strange exotic pictures, appearing lost.

Somehow she was given a scholarship for art school, she just needed one year away, a strange letter came to her door saying only this, "it knew about Patrick and knew the answers, it also knew about her pictures and knew what they meant" Carla could barely believe it, but she left the next day on a plane carrying enough clothes for a month, hoping to understand. On the plane with a deep sigh she opened the door in her mind once more and let him out again whispering, "Sorry..." on the plane as she got ready to find answers and maybe understand.
(include birthplace, birth order, siblings names (if any), parents’ names, early childhood, unexplained experience, adolescence, early adulthood.)

The first spell your character is most likely to learn? True Seeing

Anything else about the character? At times she appears to be speaking to herself, but is actually speaking to her brother Patrick.

Character Ons/Offs

Player Ons/Offs

AribethAmkiir

I would prefer 3rd person past tense.

I'm curious.  Have you completely read the first post, someinheritthewealth?

someinheritthewealth

When I first found this had just come down with a cold so was not feeling hundred percent, I first saw the name and figured it was something connected to Magic the Gathering, then I read a little and figured it does sound interesting, just need to get better before I hope to submit someone.

someinheritthewealth

AribethAmkiir

I need you to completely read the information in the first post of this thread, and to follow the directions you'll find there.

AribethAmkiir

We're still looking for players.  Please, familiarize yourself with the rules and setting.