The Labyrinth: Next Generation (Recruitment: Very actively recruiting)

Started by LamentingQuill, September 15, 2013, 06:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

LamentingQuill

Still seeking princes and princesses of the Underground, lots of races to choose from! :)

We are also still seeking villains of the deadliest sins, I believe the sins so far taken are thus:

Sloth

Lust

Greed

Vanity

Ayahka

Hmmm... I might want to play an underground princess! How about a water nymph? I could totally be the princess of the water nymphs.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Ayahka on December 01, 2013, 01:42:23 PM
Hmmm... I might want to play an underground princess! How about a water nymph? I could totally be the princess of the water nymphs.

Sounds great :)

The character profile sheet is now on the first page in a spoiler ^.^

Ayahka

Okay, I've slept on it, and here's my suggestion for a character!

Name:
Nimiane

43 (appears as being in her late teens/early twenties)

Race:
Water nymph (naiad)

Position:
Princess of the Water Nymphs

Appearance:

Personality:
Named after the famous Lady of the Lake of Arthurian times (allegedly an ancestor of hers), Princess Nimiane is best-known for two things: One is her calm, easygoing and borderline lazy nature; she seldom if ever gets too angry or upset with anyone, quite often appears distant and dreamy when you talk to her, and is often found lazing around or napping when she has nothing else to do. The other is her gentle, if mischievous, sense of humor. Many are the occasions when travelers near Lake Elysia have found themselves suddenly doused with water and heard the melodious giggle of the Water Princess, and friends, family and subjects alike are well acquainted with her occasional off-the-wall comments and silly jokes, usually delivered with a serene smile. She's generally friendly, though, and when the time for jokes and pranks are over she is always willing to lend a helping hand.

It would be a mistake to underestimate Nimiane, though -- underneath the serene silliness, laziness and gentle pranks hides a core of solid steel, and if called upon to defend her kingdom or people, she displays a fierceness and strength that would shock those who otherwise know her as the dreamy and giggling Princess who never takes anything seriously.

History:
Born as the youngest child of the King and Queen of the water nymphs, Nimiane has known from the start that she's not very likely to inherit the throne -- which may have played a part in her less-than-serious nature. She may have been a little more spoiled and pampered than her older brother and allowed to get away with a little more than perhaps was advisable, but her easygoing nature nevertheless earned her many friends... and maybe more than a few lovers... among nobility and commoners alike.

Interests:
Chief among her interest is having a good time. She loves music and song, and has a lovely singing voice; she enjoys dancing, art and jokes. She also loves sleeping. And sex. Lots of sex.

Ons:

Sexual-
She's all about variety and experimentation; she'll try just about anything, with just about anyone.

Non-sexual-
Humor, laughter, poetry, kindness, being held and cuddled

Offs:

Sexual-
Monogamy, overly shy people, monotony -- she's easily bored and without variety she tends to lose interest and want to take a nap instead.

Non-sexual-
Cruelty, People who take things too seriously, arrogance and pomposity, men who think they're superior, clinginess

Special abilites:
Her special powers are, of course, all based around water, though since she is a lake nymph she's more at home with fresh water than with sea water. She can manipulate small amounts of water (about a bucketful's worth if it's fresh water and a cupful's worth if it's salt water), controlling its flow and even making floating water spheres that can be thrown like snowballs.  As a water nymph she can of course breathe underwater for an indefinite amount of time -- and she can grant the ability of underwater breath to others, by kissing them: Nimiane's kiss will allow anyone to breathe freely under water for roughly an hour if it's fresh water; half that time if it's salt water.

Fun facts (Just interesting little things about your character):
- Gets a little uncomfortable if not around water for any length of time, so she often wears a small vial of water from Lake Elysia around her neck.
- Completely lacks modesty or shyness about her body and views clothing as decoration more than a necessity. Often goes naked.
- Can sleep anywhere and at any time.
- Doesn't drink alcohol unless she has to; she'll claim it's because she likes to keep a clear head but in reality it's because she hates the burning sensation it tends to leave in her throat.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Ayahka on December 02, 2013, 05:57:37 AM
Okay, I've slept on it, and here's my suggestion for a character!

Name:
Nimiane

43 (appears as being in her late teens/early twenties)

Race:
Water nymph (naiad)

Position:
Princess of the Water Nymphs

Appearance:

Personality:
Named after the famous Lady of the Lake of Arthurian times (allegedly an ancestor of hers), Princess Nimiane is best-known for two things: One is her calm, easygoing and borderline lazy nature; she seldom if ever gets too angry or upset with anyone, quite often appears distant and dreamy when you talk to her, and is often found lazing around or napping when she has nothing else to do. The other is her gentle, if mischievous, sense of humor. Many are the occasions when travelers near Lake Elysia have found themselves suddenly doused with water and heard the melodious giggle of the Water Princess, and friends, family and subjects alike are well acquainted with her occasional off-the-wall comments and silly jokes, usually delivered with a serene smile. She's generally friendly, though, and when the time for jokes and pranks are over she is always willing to lend a helping hand.

It would be a mistake to underestimate Nimiane, though -- underneath the serene silliness, laziness and gentle pranks hides a core of solid steel, and if called upon to defend her kingdom or people, she displays a fierceness and strength that would shock those who otherwise know her as the dreamy and giggling Princess who never takes anything seriously.

History:
Born as the youngest child of the King and Queen of the water nymphs, Nimiane has known from the start that she's not very likely to inherit the throne -- which may have played a part in her less-than-serious nature. She may have been a little more spoiled and pampered than her older brother and allowed to get away with a little more than perhaps was advisable, but her easygoing nature nevertheless earned her many friends... and maybe more than a few lovers... among nobility and commoners alike.

Interests:
Chief among her interest is having a good time. She loves music and song, and has a lovely singing voice; she enjoys dancing, art and jokes. She also loves sleeping. And sex. Lots of sex.

Ons:

Sexual-
She's all about variety and experimentation; she'll try just about anything, with just about anyone.

Non-sexual-
Humor, laughter, poetry, kindness, being held and cuddled

Offs:

Sexual-
Monogamy, overly shy people, monotony -- she's easily bored and without variety she tends to lose interest and want to take a nap instead.

Non-sexual-
Cruelty, People who take things too seriously, arrogance and pomposity, men who think they're superior, clinginess

Special abilites:
Her special powers are, of course, all based around water, though since she is a lake nymph she's more at home with fresh water than with sea water. She can manipulate small amounts of water (about a bucketful's worth if it's fresh water and a cupful's worth if it's salt water), controlling its flow and even making floating water spheres that can be thrown like snowballs.  As a water nymph she can of course breathe underwater for an indefinite amount of time -- and she can grant the ability of underwater breath to others, by kissing them: Nimiane's kiss will allow anyone to breathe freely under water for roughly an hour if it's fresh water; half that time if it's salt water.

Fun facts (Just interesting little things about your character):
- Gets a little uncomfortable if not around water for any length of time, so she often wears a small vial of water from Lake Elysia around her neck.
- Completely lacks modesty or shyness about her body and views clothing as decoration more than a necessity. Often goes naked.
- Can sleep anywhere and at any time.
- Doesn't drink alcohol unless she has to; she'll claim it's because she likes to keep a clear head but in reality it's because she hates the burning sensation it tends to leave in her throat.

Looks good to me, sugar. Go ahead and put into the approved character thread.

Ayahka

Jemady Angel

Jumps in wearing my labrynth/jareth t-shirt

okay totally reading the front page to the full now ^^"
<---- O/o

Jemady Angel

Um could you update the front page sometime? It is hard to tell what players are taken (unless im just reading things wrong then.. my fault!)

okay... mermaid it is!
<---- O/o

LamentingQuill

I am reaching out to folks to save this roleplay, we need more princes and princesses in order to keep this roleplay alive.