406-19 vote to repeal health insurers' antitrust exemption

Started by Vekseid, February 24, 2010, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Roll here - Text of the bill

Those that voted -against- the bill:
Todd Akin of Missouri, John Boehner and Jim Jordan of Ohio, Kevin Brady and Ron Paul of Texas, Paul Broun, John Linder, Lynn Westmoreland and Tom Price of Georgia, Steve Buyer of Indiana, Trent Franks of Arizona, Scott Garrett of New Jersey, Lynn Jenkins, Todd Tiahrt and Jerry Moran of Kansas, Steve King of Iowa, Doug Lamborn of Colorado, Paul Ryan and Jim Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin.

Apparently the argument of those voting against it is that 'states already can regulate them'.

Which has been working so well.

We'll see if this dies in the senate or not : /

Trieste

Do you think it's a stopgap as a conciliation toward booting the public option? (Again?)

Vekseid

I honestly don't think we will see a public option until after Medicare is fixed and thus health care providers (hospitals) actively pursue it. Right now medicare underpayment costs them more than patient bankruptcy does, so they are rather (justly) terrified of a medicare system.

Oniya

Well, it looks like the Rep from my district voted yes.  I'm not sure if the two from my state would listen to someone who wasn't in their constituency (or if they even listen to them.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17