Same-Sex Marriage!

Started by Elandra, May 15, 2008, 08:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moondazed

I'd honestly like to know why, Hunter... what your reasons for feeling that way are.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Hunter

Quote from: moondazed on May 16, 2008, 11:34:52 PM
I'd honestly like to know why, Hunter... what your reasons for feeling that way are.

The short version being that I'd studied various philosophies/religions in college and finally picked the one that I thought made the most sense.

Moondazed

"the one"?  I'm not sure what you're referring to.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Hunter

Quote from: moondazed on May 17, 2008, 12:01:20 AM
"the one"?  I'm not sure what you're referring to.

The philosophy/viewpoint/religion/etc.

Elandra

And what is the long version Hunter? I am curious now.

Also am curious if your beliefs are set in stone or do you feel they adjust over time?
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Hunter

Quote from: elandra on May 17, 2008, 12:26:01 AM
And what is the long version Hunter? I am curious now.

Also am curious if your beliefs are set in stone or do you feel they adjust over time?

The long version, let's see.

I was raised Catholic but didn't really follow it (i.e. only Christmas and Easter).  I went to public school so when I graduated, I was fairly liberal in my viewpoints.  Let's see...went to a "public" college (University of Cincinnati) originally as a secondary mathematics teacher.   During my studies there, I engaged in quite a bit (several years worth) of research into various religions (and yes, Humanism is a religion), philosophies, etc before settling on a conservative christian one.

And yes, they're fairly set by now.

Celestial Goblin

How do you reconcile your conservative Christian philosophy with writing erotic fiction?

Elvi

This seems to have wondered way off topic, perhaps one of the Sirens could split it (again)?....*smiles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Celestial Goblin

No need, I was just being snippy. Sorry Hunter. :P