Dragon Age: Leliana's Song

Started by Twosouls, July 08, 2010, 06:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twosouls

^-^

I just downloaded the latest DLC for Dragon Age, one of those small chapters. It was Leliana's Song. I thought it was okay.. it was about 560 xbox points but all in all I think it was under an hour of play. All in all it just came up feeling short.

I loved the first Dragon Age and I can't wait for the 2nd full game that's hopefully being released in February/March of 2011.

Dunnuck

I still haven't played Awakening D:

abandoneddolly

I loved dragon age, but not playeyd awakening either.
and I cant get downloads....

Florence

I've been juggling the idea to get it. I am a huge Dragon Age fan and I love Leliana.

... the announced Dragon Age 2 makes me want to stab a puppy, but that's for another thread... *cries at Bioware for mutilating such an awesome franchise*
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Twosouls

Gahh it makes you want to stab a puppy whyyy?!

Paradox

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 10, 2010, 04:38:11 AM
I've been juggling the idea to get it. I am a huge Dragon Age fan and I love Leliana.

... the announced Dragon Age 2 makes me want to stab a puppy, but that's for another thread... *cries at Bioware for mutilating such an awesome franchise*

Quote from: Twosouls on July 13, 2010, 09:43:54 PM
Gahh it makes you want to stab a puppy whyyy?!

Yeah, I'm curious for an answer about this as well.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Random Civilian

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 10, 2010, 04:38:11 AM

Can I join you?  I'm pretty unhappy about not being able to keep my warden, and I REALLY hope that Hawke isn't actually Shepard in disguise.  Because as much as I love Mass Effect, Shepard needs to stay in outer space and out of Ferelden.

Leo

Awakening was the only DLC/expansion thing worth the money I spent on it from Bioware lately. The other stuff are just excuses to nib us for cash, they don't even keep you busy beyond a first time through them.

That being said, Origins is the second best RPG I played in a long time. I mean, sure it will never be as good as FF Tactics or Chrono Trigger, but it is still awesome. I just wish they didn't throw bits and pieces of their ideas for the game at us and instead made us wait for something as good as Awakening each time.
I'm not new. I just... lurk...

Twosouls

Okay. I just read some stuff online for DA2. I am not happy at all about it. *FIST SHAKE*

Hemingway

Quote from: Random Civilian on July 13, 2010, 10:54:27 PM
Can I join you?  I'm pretty unhappy about not being able to keep my warden, and I REALLY hope that Hawke isn't actually Shepard in disguise.  Because as much as I love Mass Effect, Shepard needs to stay in outer space and out of Ferelden.

You don't get to keep your Warden, because the government is trying to cover up the fact a Blight ever occured. Hawke died in Lothering, and was brought back to life .. by Loghain. During your travels, you gather a party of misfits and criminals. Including a tattooed Dalish serial killer who turns out to be soft inside and just in need of a little love, and an Antivan crow. With some rare disease. Good times.

Ughh. I'm not happy about either.

I'll still get the game, though, no sense lying to myself. I'll probably enjoy it, too. But there will be a sense of "imagine what this could have been". I mean, why is the sequel to an old school epic RPG going to be an action RPG? I don't get it. It's wrong on so many levels. I mean, sure, Mass Effect 2 is probably my favorite game ever, but part of what makes fantasy RPGs so amazing is being able to create your own character and all that comes with it. It's going to disappoint a lot of people.

abandoneddolly

grr I'm going to have to play a guy again. Not that I have anything against it. id just rather play my own sex.

Hemingway

Quote from: abandoneddolly on July 18, 2010, 09:04:08 AM
grr I'm going to have to play a guy again. Not that I have anything against it. id just rather play my own sex.

Actually, you will be able to play female, from what I read. I think they're doing what they did in Mass Effect, with other people referring to your character by surname, whereas you can choose you own first name.

abandoneddolly

Quote from: Hemingway on July 18, 2010, 11:26:42 AM
Actually, you will be able to play female, from what I read. I think they're doing what they did in Mass Effect, with other people referring to your character by surname, whereas you can choose you own first name.
true, but I really didn't like at all how they did that in mass effect.

Falanor

I figured that they were going to have to do something like this.  Realistically, and for game balance, they can't keep having your Warden in the next game as well.  Just wouldn't work out well, heck when I got Awakenings I ended up cutting a swathe through that adventure in five or six hours.  I'm looking forward to playing Hawke as all I really got out of the original Dragon Age was the enjoyment of a fantastic story.  Though not being able to play an elf or a dwarf is annoying and something that I hope they fix.  I'm also hoping that the actions of my Warden get imported as well in to the sequel as I really dug the whole redeeming the Mage Order.

abandoneddolly

Dunnuck

Why is everyone complaining? You can still have a male or female. You can still create how they look. I understand not having the choice between elf or dwaef may be upsetting, but this allows for a more direct and driving story. The game will be more focused so that you can get story like you do in a final fantasy or something. Which is good.

At first I was angry I couldn't play as my warden, and that it was a new cast of characters, but then I realized. Dragon Age is about the world...not the character. Get used to it.

abandoneddolly

because i want my dalish. I'm a human now, I f I want to be a human I can just stay in the real world.

Dunnuck

lol. You gunna fight dragons in the real world? A Lot of good RPGs you play as human

abandoneddolly

lol I fight dragons on the daily basies thank you. and thinks a lot scary then dragons dun dun dun two year olds...  >:)

Dunnuck

Leo

Quote from: abandoneddolly on July 24, 2010, 03:27:34 AM
lol I fight dragons on the daily basies thank you. and thinks a lot scary then dragons dun dun dun two year olds...  >:)

Oh I would rather be thrown into a dragon nest full of eggs and my presence signaled to the mother, with nothing but a spork to defend myself with than to deal with a 2 year old by myself.

abandoneddolly

Quote from: Leo on July 24, 2010, 09:18:32 AM
Oh I would rather be thrown into a dragon nest full of eggs and my presence signaled to the mother, with nothing but a spork to defend myself with than to deal with a 2 year old by myself.
well then be amazeed as I deal with not just 1 2 year old but 8

Dunnuck

Leo

Quote from: abandoneddolly on July 24, 2010, 11:18:47 AM
well then be amazeed as I deal with not just 1 2 year old but 8

You have my sincere respect. That is a display of messiah-level patience :P

Inkidu

The only thing I'm hopeful for is now Dragon Age has enough DLC to release a disk with Warden's Keep and the Shale DLC's because I was four achievements away from having the game done and I couldn't hold off on playing Awakening... mother f***er. I did not know it would add those extras! D:
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.