Black and White

Started by Amber, May 01, 2010, 04:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber

Originally started: here

Can I join this RP?

Unfortunately this is a one on one RP. HOWEVER! I am ALWAYS up for more RPs so if you would like to start one with me that fits the parameters in my request thread, feel free to post in the request thread and we can set something else up! I don't have a problem with more than one RP, even if they're very similar.

Setting:

A medieval-type setting with two kingdoms - Black and White. They are enemies, with the White trying to eradicate the Black. The Black Knights live in a secret mountain kingdom while the White Knights reside in the original kingdom, ruling over the lands outside the mountains.

My character:

Fayte is a Black Knight, slender with long black hair that hangs in loose curls. She possesses powers that can control nature, although not always completely. However, that is all that will be revealed, because surprises come in time.

Ok, vin26m, you can feel free to continue with the next post or post a character Bio =D

vin26m

My character:

Forchun is White Knight, tall and lean and muscular, with blonde hair that is usually short, grown out a bit as part of his cover.  He is not as bulky as many of his counterparts, but possesses greater agility.  He is wearing attire befitting an upper class member of the society in the mountain region of the Black Knights and wielding an ornately designed rapier.

http://www.gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=228919

Continuing the roleplay:

Just as he was about to deliver the killing blow to the foul beast seemingly intent on devouring the Black Knight, Forchun halted.  The tip of his rapier poised to thrust a mortal strike into the Windhowler Wolf's jugular, he kept his icy blue eyes focused on the target of his stab as he said to the woman, "I know not what magical hold you have over this monstrosity, but say the word and I shall end this nightmarish creature's existence for eternity."

He looked out of the corner of his eye at the fetching lass.  She looked to be about his age of 21 winters, and he could tell that underneath her garments she was more physically fit than a mere farm girl.  Still, he kept in the back of his mind that she too may be a threat, and kept his guard up against her.

Amber

Taken by surprise, her eyes snapped from the beast to the man who stood over her, "Wha-"

As her eyes broke contact from the wolf he began snarling, sending out its giant paw and slashing at her upper arm. She let out an angered cry and landed on her back on the ground, holding her arm and uttering obscenities both at the wolf and the man as the wolf leaned back on its haunches to pounce on its fallen victim, fearless of the blade touching its furry coat.

vin26m

Forchun's blade struck home, penetrating the flesh of the beast deeply.  He twirled the blade around as he yanked it out, the creature's vital red fluid firing out of its neck like a geyser.  It twisted and writhed on the ground, randomly spraying torrents of its blood into the air, unleashing gusts of wind in different directions.  Forchun stood between the monster and the woman, creating a magical barrier in the form of a dome, shielding them from the dying animal's convulsions until it underwent its final demise.  The beast struck his shield of sorcery so hard that Forchun was knocked back into the charge he was protecting.

He stood up and released the spell, then turned to the woman and kneeled by her.  "You are grievously wounded, miss.  Allow me to treat your injury before you lose consciousness."  He kneeled beside her after sheathing his weapon.

Amber

Fayte's ears went back and she glared at him, sitting up and holding her arm. Maintaining her composure as to show no signs of weakness, she pushed her legs on the ground to move away from him, "Why did you do that? I did not ask - had I wanted help I would have called for it. I am very capable of taking care of myself. Or are you too arrogant see when your help is not wanted?"

She stood, albeit uneasily, wavering on her legs. She took deep, loud breaths, not breaking her eye contact with him as she issued her nonverbal challenge.

Her hand went white-knuckled on her arm, struggling to fight both the pain and the blood that seemed to mock her, neither obeying her will to cease.

vin26m

Forchun raised a blond eyebrow.  "I did not attack that beast because I thought you needed help.  I attacked that beast because it needed to be slain before it caused any more death and destruction in its wake.  Are you so arrogant that you think you can control such a monster?  And what would you do with it then?  Take it home to raise as your pet?  And, yes, you seem very capable of taking care of yourself.  A small distraction broke your concentration and look at you now.  Perhaps you would prefer to have been devoured as well, rather than just scratched."

He slowly approached her, watching the blood drip from her arm into a trail for him to follow as she moved away.  "Sit down and let me heal you before you go into shock.  Or do you think you can still take care of yourself?"

Amber

"It... it would have moved away..." She began blinking at shorter intervals than before, urging the fogginess in her eyes to leave, "It was YOU who broke my connection... the beast is a more... powerful force... nature..." She backed into a tree and slumped back down to the ground, "Yes I... I can... care of myself..."

She pressed her mouth shut as her head tipped back to look at the sky through the thick trees overhead, the last glimmering rays of the sun seeming to smile at her as she pressed herself against the cool bark behind her.

vin26m

"We can assign blame later.  There are more urgent matters to attend to." 

As her body relaxed against the tree, he held her and lowered her until she was prone on the ground.  He went to work immediately, tearing open the sleeve with his bare hands.  The gash would usually have been life-threatening, but Forchun's skill with first aid and magical healing minimized the damage.  He focused as he lay his hands on her wound.  When he removed them, the cuts were mostly closed up and he was satisfied that she would be stabilized.  He cast another spell to relieve whatever pain was left.  Still, she needed rest. 

"You are no longer in danger, Miss.  Death is no longer a threat.  Now... sleep."  He put his hand over her eyes and to make her drowsy.

Amber

Fayte had little time and little energy to respond before he began his work. In a daze she could just make out her trail of blood on the ground, along with what had bled onto herself.

She felt warm hands on her pulling her down and then the tell-tale sensation of magic tingling through her body. The pain's vanishing cleared her fogged head but before she could further object or verbally attack this man her world went black by something hot being placed over her eyes. Her brow furrowed and she cursed herself for being too weak to run, too weak to see, too weak to move...

Her head tipped back against the tree as she fell, slumped into it, sleeping soundly. Her shoulders dropped and her back arched to fit the contours of the trunk, her soft breathing ruffling her curls of hair that fell around her shoulders.

vin26m

The White Knight looked down at the Black Knight.  She was actually quite beautiful when she was not running her pretty mouth off about something or another.  He brushed her ebony locks away from her face and admired her features for a moment.

It was starting to get dark and scavengers began investigating the corpse.  This would be no place to spend the night.  He created a barrier in the shape of a stretcher, then lifted her gently and placed her on it.  He walked toward the town with her seemingly levitating by his side, and when he was at the villages's outskirts, he removed the barrier so she landed in his arms.  He carried her to an inn, arranged a room and placed her on a bed.  Forchun replaced the dressing on her arm.  When dinner arrived, he set it beside her and whispered, "Awaken."

Before she had a chance to say anything, he said, "I will answer your questions, but first let me speak.  You are wounded and must lay still.  We are at an inn.  You have been resting, but you must eat.  I know you can take care of yourself.  Allow me to assist you anyway... please."

He held a bowl of soup in front of her.  He blew the steam away, then held it to her lips.

Amber

She looked accusingly up at him, then down at the soup. Her stomach growled when she smelled the aromatic steam that blew into her nose, but she remained still.

Trying to seem nonchalant, she looked around the room for any sign of a possible escape route. Keeping note of the distance between the bed and the door and the bed and  the window, her eyes shifted back to him, "I am not hungry." She lifted her arm to move the bowl out of the way but winced and dropped it back to the bed immediately when her bicep protested.

She looked quickly away from him, embarrassed and ashamed to look into his eyes in the condition that she was in, damning herself for returning to her weakling self.

vin26m

He sat on the edge of the bed to her left as she lay on her back.  His left arm went over her, supporting his weight on the mattress near her right hip and wounded right arm.  "Not hungry?  Your stomach seems to disagree.  I added some herbs to this soup.  It will heal you faster and your arm will be functional again sooner.  But if you would rather starve and continue to be lame, that is your choice.  I am sure the Black Knights would prefer to have you on your back while retaining your foolish willfulness, rather then performing your duties."

He let the harsh words sink in.  He moved his hand from the mattress, brushing up against her hip, and tenderly held her chin to nudge her face toward the soup.  "Finish the soup, and I promise that I will be on my way.  Then you will be rid of me."  He stirred the soup, then took out the spoon and held it to her lips.

Amber

She tore her face away from his hand like it had burned her, "Do not touch me, I did not give you permission to touch me. And do not play games with me, I am no fool - I am sure that your White Knights would love to be in possession of the prize that you have so skillfully plucked from the woods."

Her eyes lingered on the soup, "And I am so sure that they are 'herbs' that you have added to the soup, better yet another spell to bring me completely under your control until you can deposit me in your cells where so many of my people lay now."

vin26m

"Controlling of others is not within the realm of the sorcery of the White Knighthood," explained Forchun.  "We use magic to protect and heal.  If you recall your history, that is one of the many points of contention between our orders, why your Black Knights now cower in secretive isolation in the mountains to invisibly rule by tyranny.  We want our people to be free to do as they please as long as they do not harm others.  Yes, we do have some Black Knights as prisoners, but not because they are Black Knights.  They are in prison for committing crimes against the people of our kingdom.  At least they are alive - I cannot say the same about White Knights captured by your order - the stories of torture and murder are rampant, even among your own people.  The honor and valor of the White Knights are beyond reproach.  Meanwhile, you exemplify your order's arrogance, preferring to sulk instead of serve."

Forchun put the soup down on the nightstand and gathered his belongings.  "It is obvious you would rather be alone and without my help.  So be it."  He snapped his fingers, and the excruciating pain returned to her arm.  The wounds reopened, and the bleeding returned.

Amber

She grabbed her shoulder in shock and turned away from him on the bed, crying out in pain. Her face twisted painfully as the weakening sensation rushed back to her and she could feel herself begin to slip out again.

Forcing herself to remain conscious she opened her mouth and took shaking breaths, "Stupid... ignorant... go on! Go on with your misconceptions! We have not... I have never... I love my people... do not tell me what I... misconceptions!"

She blathered on, shaking her head and biting her sleeve.

She finally let go as a numbing sensation overtook her arm and her head was able to go slightly limp against the pillow. Her ears flicked slowly in his direction, listening for the signs of him leaving...

vin26m

He opened the door and let himself out.  He closed the door behind him and leaned back against it, resting the back of his head on the oak.  Why was she being so impossible?  Still, she had some points.  He helped her against her wishes, and stayed longer than she wanted him too.  He was turning into something like one of the Black Knights, doing as he pleased.  He turned around and faced the door, bringing up his hand to knock on the door, instead silently laying it flat.

Amber

In her solitude, silent tears dripped from her eyes. She willed them away, sitting up and allowing her dizziness to subside.

She could not ignore the thud of her heart, completely audible through her chest. It pained her to hear what he thought of her city, to hear the rumors considered to be true.

The hand of her good arm slid the window open slightly as she poked her head out. The sounds of the night flooded into the room. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, accepting the smells and sounds of the land.

Before long, the song of a bluebird echoed throughout the room and the sky, weaving its way through the trees and shrubbery to the mountains where it belonged.

Satisfied, she shut the window, locking it and turning her back to the wall. She slid slowly down until she felt herself hit the floor, leaning her head against the wall and closing her eyes, begging sleep to come.

vin26m

Again he considered knocking, listening for any sign that she may be standing opposite him with only the door between them, but he decided against it.  He went down to the main floor and spoke to the innkeeper, paying for the room and another meal.

The small morning crowd of travelers and locals in the inn were buzzing about how another village was nearly wiped out and about the discovery of a massive corpse of a wolf in the forest.

Forchun investigated the corpse, shooing away satiated scavengers.  He noticed a black collar around the beast's neck.  It was covered in fur, the same fur as the animal itself, which hid its existence well.  He opened one of his pouches and dropped it in.  This clue would be vital in learning about the cause of the Windhowler Wolf's origin.

Overhead, a large black bird ominously eclipsed the dead wolf.  Forchun stared at it - this was no common vulture, but a raven of much larger size.  It flew up toward the mountains.  Forchun followed it.

Back at the inn, a hand rapped on the door of Fayte.  A female voice said, "Miss?  Hello?  I have breakfast for you.  Your friend insisted that you have to eat something and also wanted me to tend to your wound.  He's such a nice man, but he seemed like he had to leave urgently.  Miss?  Hello?"

Amber

Fayte, looking dreadful, opened the door slowly. She took a deep breath and looked down at the woman, still cradling her arm in her good hand.

"He is no friend of mine, just a man whose path I crossed unwillingly."

She looked down and shook away the lingering sleepiness, "But thank you, ma'am, for your generosity. I don't want to burden you with my troubles and I'll be on my way at the next opportune moment. Now, if I could, although I have to admit that I am..." her stomach interrupted her in a stifled growl, "...somewhat hungry."

He jumped down from a large boulder, landing like a tiger on the ledge below. He squinted over the edge of it, looking for her tracks. He knew where she was, of course, but what had happened to her she would never tell him - he would have to find out.

His nose caught the scent of something strange as he looked up to see a massive bird fly overhead. He would have to tell Darien later. For now, however, he remained on the ledge and studied the grounds for signs of her.