FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe fired 30 hours before retirement.

Started by Vekseid, March 16, 2018, 11:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Quote from: Wayfarer on March 22, 2018, 11:58:33 AM
Get a security clearance, get read on to the case, and we can talk offline in a secured room. Till then, I guess the adage about ignorance and bliss applies.

If you cannot or will not provide evidence to support assertions you make, then move on from whatever point you are trying to make, please.

Thread-dancing with "I know secret things & meet me offline if you get clearance" is unhelpful and is not contributing to the discussion. Because at the moment, your posts look like conspiracy theorist posts, whether you intend for them to look like that or not.

I would strongly suggest focusing on concrete information you are actually allowed to provide if you want to participate in a proper dialogue.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wayfarer on March 22, 2018, 11:56:20 AM
kinda like the whole collusion thing? LMAO!

Let’s see...

- we have one Trump associate taking money from the Putin former president of Ukraine
- we have another who failed to disclose his status as a lobbyist for foreign powers before taking a post in the administration
- we have the President’s own SON  and other trump associates meeting with foreign associates with the declared intent to dish dirt and assist the campaign

Do I think the President is involved? Directly no. Does he have after the fact knowledge, almost assuredly. Do I think the Russians meddled. Yes, but I don’t think they care who sits in the office or that Putin has something on him. They want us divided and distracted.

Just like Julian Asante, I’m sure that they care more about us bickering than anything else.

I think the president has surrounded himself with corrupt me and that like presidents before him..that will bite him the ass.

I do know that thanks to him..we have
- lost the diplomatic respect we need as a mediator
- are not trusted to honor our own laws and his statements clearly show he is not to be relied upon to keep his word. Pre and Post election there are way too many examples of that to list here.

Wayfarer

Quote from: Nachtmahr on March 22, 2018, 12:05:13 PM
So you're saying that you know, for a fact, that McCabe is guilty, because you are privy to classified evidence that proves this.

I'm genuinely curious here - Doesn't it essentially count as a leak to say; "I know there is classified material that confirms this to be true" even if you aren't showing the classified material itself?

As stated, I'm no legal expert, but that seems sketchy at best.

I saying that I have the proper security clearance and have been read on. nothing more nothing less. don't twist my wording or strain to read into it. life is easier that way.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Wayfarer on March 22, 2018, 01:03:05 PM
I saying that I have the proper security clearance and have been read on. nothing more nothing less.

Or in other words, "yes".

Substantiate your claim or stop making it.

Wayfarer

Quote from: Avis habilis on March 22, 2018, 01:09:14 PM
Or in other words, "yes".

Substantiate your claim or stop making it.

Or what? you will ask me to stop again?

Blythe

On a different note, and closer to the thread's purpose and point:

Are there any good sources that give a good overview of the McCabe situation? I'm hoping less for a 'breaking news!' sort of media article and more of a thoughtful & extensive overview looking not just at McCabe, but the context around him and the people around him.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Wayfarer on March 22, 2018, 01:12:48 PM

No, the staff may ask you to privately provide to them evidence that you can back up your claims that put a man in a position of being a criminal while the investigation is still going on.

You are making egregiously fanciful claims, citing "I have the security clearance, you get it and meet with me and we can talk" - is essentially either making all of the members reading this consider you to be a liar to get your way - or come off as a conspiracy theorist - or you somehow obtained the information illegally.

You made the substantial claim, you need to provide the evidence or stop posting about the subject. The staff, from what I've noticed, do not appreciate people consistently going "I have evidence, I have evidence" and then not providing said evidence, especially if it associates with something big like this.

So either put up, or shut up. Please.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Blythe on March 22, 2018, 01:24:55 PM
On a different note, and closer to the thread's purpose and point:

Are there any good sources that give a good overview of the McCabe situation? I'm hoping less for a 'breaking news!' sort of media article and more of a thoughtful & extensive overview looking not just at McCabe, but the context around him and the people around him.

I'm honestly looking for some more documentation and articles myself, that shed some light on the situation.

Unless someone IS a Criminal, I find it wrong to remove their retirement and the things they worked hard for their entire life. Until such a point as they are PROVEN to be a criminal, that is a disservice to the years someone has given.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Blythe

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 22, 2018, 01:29:57 PM
I'm honestly looking for some more documentation and articles myself, that shed some light on the situation.

Unless someone IS a Criminal, I find it wrong to remove their retirement and the things they worked hard for their entire life. Until such a point as they are PROVEN to be a criminal, that is a disservice to the years someone has given.

This is roughly how I feel. But I've also felt that there's been a lot of media sensation on things, and I am struggling to get proper concrete information on the topic. Is it possible McCabe did something wrong, wrong enough to get fired? I'm not ruling it out. But I also feel that it needs to be proven, if indeed it occurred.

And to let folks know, please move on from Wayfarer's posts for now. Best to move the thread along in this case.

Thank you.

Regina Minx

Quote from: Blythe on March 22, 2018, 01:50:24 PM
This is roughly how I feel. But I've also felt that there's been a lot of media sensation on things, and I am struggling to get proper concrete information on the topic. Is it possible McCabe did something wrong, wrong enough to get fired? I'm not ruling it out. But I also feel that it needs to be proven, if indeed it occurred.

Depending on how many articles you've read from the NYT this month/your subscription status, you and Serenade might both find this article useful.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wayfarer on March 22, 2018, 01:12:48 PM

Others have declined to back their claims and found that posting here is not always an open option. You should either supply sources and back up your claims or eventually you can lose posting privaledges here.

Blythe

Quote from: Regina Minx on March 22, 2018, 01:59:15 PM
Depending on how many articles you've read from the NYT this month/your subscription status, you and Serenade might both find this article useful.

Looks like I've gone over the amount of articles I can look at for free this month. Blast. Which is a shame because typically I do find the NYT to be a pretty good source.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 22, 2018, 06:10:08 PM
Others have declined to back their claims and found that posting here is not always an open option. You should either supply sources and back up your claims or eventually you can lose posting privaledges here.

As mentioned in an above post, please move on from Wayfarer's posts for now. Best to move the thread along in this case.  Thank you.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Blythe on March 22, 2018, 06:32:18 PM
Looks like I've gone over the amount of articles I can look at for free this month. Blast. Which is a shame because typically I do find the NYT to be a pretty good source.

As mentioned in an above post, please move on from Wayfarer's posts for now. Best to move the thread along in this case.  Thank you.

Try deleting your cache/cookies?

Regina Minx

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 23, 2018, 10:05:02 AM
Try deleting your cache/cookies?

You can also launch your backup browser and try there (you do use a backup browser, right?)