Could a screen name be changed?

Started by SpiralSpider, March 05, 2013, 11:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Formless

How long would it take for my name to change once the staffer do it?

I mean when the staffer puts in the command. Does it change immediately? Or is there a duration for it to happen?

Cecilia

Quote from: Ark Noah on May 08, 2013, 02:39:08 PM
How long would it take for my name to change once the staffer do it?

I mean when the staffer puts in the command. Does it change immediately? Or is there a duration for it to happen?

Here's how it works.

A member decides on a new screen name and checks to see if it is available.
That member sends a request to a staffer
The staffer posts the request for a quick review and reminds the member this is a one time change and that the user name is going to remain the same
A staff member makes sure that the member hasn't had a name change before and staff weigh in on the name
A staffer changes the name or tells the member why their request is denied.

If, for example, someone said they wanted their name changed to Ceciliaa, I would have my private little hissy fit and say "no" just the same as if someone wanted to change their name to Mithlemwen or Valeriana or something too close to a staff member's name so as to cause confusion. 

Formless

That was very helpful , Cecilia.

I just wanted to familiarize myself with the procedure.

And not to worry. If I ever consider changing , I'll be sure not to cause any hissy fits. ::)

Sarena

Quote from: Cecilia on May 08, 2013, 02:44:17 PM
Here's how it works.

A member decides on a new screen name and checks to see if it is available.
That member sends a request to a staffer
The staffer posts the request for a quick review and reminds the member this is a one time change and that the user name is going to remain the same
A staff member makes sure that the member hasn't had a name change before and staff weigh in on the name
A staffer changes the name or tells the member why their request is denied.

If, for example, someone said they wanted their name changed to Ceciliaa, I would have my private little hissy fit and say "no" just the same as if someone wanted to change their name to Mithlemwen or Valeriana or something too close to a staff member's name so as to cause confusion.

Well damn, there goes my entertainment for this weekend!   ::)
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".