The Subvertet University of Arcana (Seeker thread, Pathfinder, Open,)

Started by who149, May 19, 2014, 11:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

So here's an interest thread for an Open Group game. The concept is pretty simple. A school where Wizards, Sorcerers, or any Arcane magic user goes to practice and learn magic. Rather then your hogwarts style class system though, the school basically works that each student is rather independent with their studies. The school offers many apprentice opportunities, volunteer hours, and lots of other good ways to explo- I mean, give experience to their students.

Things to be expected are Exams, evil wizards, duels, and naturally lots of unexplained lewdity that seems to happen on campus. Naturally open to suggestions, as this will be an open game with quiet possibly several plothooks, and ways to go. Most likely being very sex focused.

-Any number of players
-4d6 standard stats. (Or 20 point buy)
-Level 6
-20000 gp starting.
-Arcane magic user only
-When rolling for HP, reroll all one's and two's
-At least 3 levels in Arcane Magic classes
-Traits are okay (2)
(Note: I will allow for multiple characters, if you can play them all)

IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204676.0

OC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204610.0
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

PhantomPistoleer

This sounds amazing, and hopefully it takes off.  I am also interested.

Questions!

Can students purchase slaves?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

who149

Slavery is very legal in the kingdom this sets place in. And is a wonderful position for students who fail or get themselves in debt. For the modest price of 2,000 GP, you can have your own Academic Failure as your own personal chew to- study buddy.

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

All the players should have their rooms all set within the same tower floor, that way we have a easily abused means of knowing each other and other perverted shenanigans.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

who149

Yes. It would make awkward introductions slightly less Awkward.  Alright. Sounds good.

Special rules!!! If someone is interacting with you, and you do not respond in 72 hours. I have the ability too control your character and move them away, freeing the trapped player. I will not make them do something they wouldn't do. In fact, more often then not, it'll just be them having "Other business to attend to", or "Getting something out of their room"

If you vanish for a while, and then decide to come back. You can always make an excuse that your character was sick. Or simply napping.

Time is a confusing thing sadly. But we'll deal with that as we go.

Ons and offs!

who149

As long as you 3 levels of arcane spell use, and never attack another student or examiner with a lethal attack (Save for self defense, if they start using lethal attacks against you), then you're fine.

Eldritch knight seems pretty impossible to start as in this case. Seeing as the soonest you should be able too get 3rd level spells is level 5 via wizard. Then you have to have to have the use of all martial weapons, which requires the use of a level in fighter.

Naturally if you level up you should be able too. I'd imagine the school would have tests for people going in the martial/arcane path.

Ons and offs!

Isengrad

First, you have my interest. This seems very fun and I would love to get in on this. I do have two questions though.

1) are third party classes going to be allowed on a case by case basis?

2) There is a concept I have been wanting to play for awhile. it is psionic but Dreamscared press, Psionics Augmented introduce the concept of reskining psionic powers as Runic magic, stemming from arcane power.(pg 49 has the short blurb)

if it's not ok, I do have other ideas; However it never hurts to ask.

original artwork by karabiner

who149

Case by case basis? Sure. After all, its always nice having a bit of variety. And I read through that, and I can't seem to find the basic "Psionic" class. Show me the class page and I'll look through it.

Ons and offs!

Isengrad

Want to multiclass. page found here http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes

Classes desired Soulknife (reskined to Rune blade) and Aegis (reskined to...well Aegis still seems to work)

who149

Actually, after looking at that. I'm gonna have to say no. I never actually saw a Psionic class but it looks far to exploitable in this case. Can you just go with a regular arcane class?

Ons and offs!

Isengrad

Yes I can, just thought I would ask. I'll have a character up later today.

who149

Ons and offs!

Isengrad

No problem, Like i said. I had concepts in mind and most people are Leary about psionics because of 3.5 Nova tactics. It's not something they saw before. I have an Arcane concept in mind, but like Ghostwheel i'm planning to Multiclass into a martial class as well. But it should be a fun character to play.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: who149 on May 20, 2014, 09:51:39 AM
Actually, after looking at that. I'm gonna have to say no. I never actually saw a Psionic class but it looks far to exploitable in this case. Can you just go with a regular arcane class?

Soulknife.... exploitable?

Wizards are one of the most exploitable classes in all of 3.5/P, and well known as such :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on May 20, 2014, 10:54:00 AM
Soulknife.... exploitable?

Wizards are one of the most exploitable classes in all of 3.5/P, and well known as such :P

Sssshhhh...people who still hold the ideal 3.x in their hearts are precious things, one must not expose them to the seedy underbelly of truth before they are ready.

Though if Psionics aren't a PC-appropriate race, they are a valid variant form of 'casting' (and as Shadow mentioned, less powerful than arcanists in the hands of an expert). That said, I have a proposal - every school needs a rival, can our rival be an (NPC) school for psionics-users only, the same way ours will be arcanists-only? All sorts of shenanigans become possible, both plot-related and otherwise.

who149

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 20, 2014, 11:10:26 AM
Sssshhhh...people who still hold the ideal 3.x in their hearts are precious things, one must not expose them to the seedy underbelly of truth before they are ready.

Though if Psionics aren't a PC-appropriate race, they are a valid variant form of 'casting' (and as Shadow mentioned, less powerful than arcanists in the hands of an expert). That said, I have a proposal - every school needs a rival, can our rival be an (NPC) school for psionics-users only, the same way ours will be arcanists-only? All sorts of shenanigans become possible, both plot-related and otherwise.

I'll take it into consideration. But think of this as far less of a school, and more of a "Prison for magic users". Except not literally. The kingdom has them all brought to the same place, in hopes they can learn how to use their magic without too much mass destruction. Furthermore, a lot of the staff seem to be making it there mission too have there students mate, too ensure magical bloodlines continue.

If I need a Rival school, it will probably be something for Divine casters. Though, that idea isn't fully fleshed out (Though, neither is the Arcane school currently)

Ons and offs!

Ghostwheel

Thinking some more on it, I'm leaning towards a half-elven paladin/sorcerer :-D

EroticFantasyAuthor

I would like to give group games another go and this campaign looks rather interesting.

Would it be possible to use point-buy instead of 4d6 rolling?

What about some 3.5 material on a case-by-case basis? Namely the Book of Erotic Fantasy(mostly for Perform(Sexual Techniques) and Spells). And would flaws be allowed?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: who149 on May 20, 2014, 11:23:26 AM
I'll take it into consideration. But think of this as far less of a school, and more of a "Prison for magic users". Except not literally. The kingdom has them all brought to the same place, in hopes they can learn how to use their magic without too much mass destruction. Furthermore, a lot of the staff seem to be making it there mission too have there students mate, too ensure magical bloodlines continue.

If I need a Rival school, it will probably be something for Divine casters. Though, that idea isn't fully fleshed out (Though, neither is the Arcane school currently)

Oh. That makes me kinda sad, I was looking forward to Sigil-Prep-esque shenanigans in a slightly silly fantasy-magic-college environment, full of horny students and random arcane mishaps.

Isengrad

Quote from: who149 on May 20, 2014, 11:23:26 AM

Really, Sounds like The Circle of Magi from Dragon Age origins at this point.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, Circle of Magi with Dragon Age with extra sexual flavor.

Anyways voicing interest.

who149

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on May 20, 2014, 02:56:44 PM
I would like to give group games another go and this campaign looks rather interesting.

Would it be possible to use point-buy instead of 4d6 rolling?

What about some 3.5 material on a case-by-case basis? Namely the Book of Erotic Fantasy(mostly for Perform(Sexual Techniques) and Spells). And would flaws be allowed?

Fair. Alright, 20 point buy, or 4d6 rolling. And i'm not a big fan of systematizing lewdity. However, feel free to learn lewd spells from there. (Note: Please note Player consent before using any spells on anyone else. Though you are fully free to use any spell on any NPC. Though your character will face whatever consequence that is to come from it.)

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 20, 2014, 04:33:10 PM
Oh. That makes me kinda sad, I was looking forward to Sigil-Prep-esque shenanigans in a slightly silly fantasy-magic-college environment, full of horny students and random arcane mishaps.
Quote from: Isengrad on May 20, 2014, 04:45:39 PM
Really, Sounds like The Circle of Magi from Dragon Age origins at this point.
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 20, 2014, 05:39:48 PM
Yeah, Circle of Magi with Dragon Age with extra sexual flavor.

Anyways voicing interest.

It fits the purpose of the Circle of Magi. Not the mood. Feel free too do silly college things, the only thing students aren't really allowed to do is leave the campus without permission, and its considered polite to request permission before dueling someone. (As stated above, in character fighting has to be consensual between the players. Also, characters can bet and put up stakes. Which can easily mean days of servitude, with whatever that means. Though slavery is better for NPC's, as its no fun to play another players slave. Unless that's what you want.)

Ons and offs!

EroticFantasyAuthor

Thank you  :-)

What about flaws(extra feat for a penalty)? The only flaw I'm interested in using is a homebrewed one. It's one I've used for a couple of characters in the past, please ignore any references to mechanics that you have said 'no go' on.

Nymphomania(Flaw): Certain parts of the body are more sensitive than normal, usually breasts(for women) and genitalia that are affected. This causes the individual to become aroused rather easily depending on the body part and level of increased sensitivity. Along with increased sensitivity are intense periodic cravings of certain forms of stimulation, usually a form of stimulation the individual hasn't experienced in awhile.

For men this problem occurs about once a month, for women it tends to take affect right after their normal monthly cycle. The effects between both genders are the same however, depending on the type of stimulation, certain parts of the body will begin to tingle and itch differently. It will be very minor at first, eventually growing into a full on aching need after several days. This is the first clue to what their body is craving, the second is that soon after their period starts(even the first night), they're treated to increasingly vivid and intense erotic dreams. Once their nymphomaniac period begins, each masturbatory orgasm becomes less and less satisfying until they find that they can no longer bring themselves to a climax with self stimulation. After a couple of days this problem starts affecting other forums of stimulation until the craving is fully satisfied.

The intensity of the craving and resulting effects gets worse and worse with each passing day until the craving is satisfied. While the first day may not be all that different aside from being constantly horny, the fifth day has their bodies in a never ending state of full arousal.

So that's pretty much the fluff. as for mechanics I'm not sure how exactly to handle it. Thinking a table for the type of stimulation craved(which would go along with the character's kinks and limits, for example; if the character did not like anal, anal stimulation wouldn't be a possibility). As well as a cumulative penalty/bonus for each day that passes without having the craving satisfied. Penalties would likely affect most skills(especially those that require concentration) due to the distraction of intense arousal and desire. This would also affect spell casting, and maybe even attack rolls. However, bonuses would likely be given to diplomacy(only when seducing) and to Perform: Sexual Techniques.  Thinking that the penalty would be increased by one for each day that passes. First day(start of the period) would be -1/+1, the fifth day being -5/+5, and so on.

who149

Intresting flaw. But Its a not very good one, unless were are counting hours. This being a group game, an open one where people will be all off doing different things, probably won't be passing too incredibly amount of days fast. Especially without you getting some form of sex. Sorry, no extra feat.

Ons and offs!