Passion's Children - A System Game of Divine Heroes (Accepting Characters)

Started by CountessYlva, March 20, 2020, 05:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

That's a good concept :). Anyways added background for Salemos. His sheet edited and complete so far as I know.

CountessYlva

So just checking in here. I see three sheets so far, and Gilgameshian is working on a fourth. A few people expressed interest early on but haven't put forward concepts - any of you still interested in this one?

Dreaming Space

I was interested, but, unusually, can't seem to put together a concept I'm happy with. I thought I'd just stay quiet and see if anything came to me. Certainly no one should wait on me.
“It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Gilgameshian

Alright, after entirely too long because the universe loves keeping me busy here's my character: Atheon. There's probably some more background to do but I've got the core idea down now.

Name: Atheon, Lord-Captain Artificer
Goal: Create a haven for those displaced and equip them to claim whatever realm they choose
Level: 1
EXP: 0

Attributes

Score              Modifier          Check
Strength =        8                       0                   13
Dexterity =       14                      +1                  7
Constituion =     13                      +1                  8
Wisdom =          13                      +1                  8
Intelligence =    16                      +2                  5
Charisma =        16                      +2                  5

Saving Throws

Armor
                       Base              Modifier          Penalty           Final Save
Hardiness =    15                      +1                   -4                         18
Evasion =       15                      +2                   0                          13
Spirit =          15                      +2                   0                          13

Hit Points Maximum: 8
Current Hit Points: 8

Facts

Origin: "I was born in paradise and learned to notice even the little things because I was good at fixing anything and everything."
Past Career: "I was but a humble craftsman who specialized in ornate clothes, armaments, and other items for theater works until Arkos saw potential for more in me."
Relationship: "As a true tech-priest of Arkos I was considered a respected member of the community for my knowledge of the inner workings of most everything in the realm."
Other: "Over my years in service to Arkos I developed skills and became an Archmage in the Theotechnical arts. Really it was just blending my handy talents with my belief but now it's probably going to be a lot more useful than just trying to cobble together parts to keep things running."

Armor

AC: 4
Type: Medium Regalia Armor
Shield: No
Description: Regalia armor designed to look like an ornate jacket made of the finest silks. The jacket always shifts and sways as if under the influence of a heroic breeze because that's precisely how Atheon designed it. After all, as a divinity himself it seemed appropriate to look extra heroic. The clothes underneath are also armored like this hence the level of protection. The color scheme changes on a personal whim but often is sky blue with silver trim.
Saving Throw Penalty;
Hardiness: -4 Evasion: X Spirit: X

Weapons

Base Attack Bonus: +1

Magitech Guns

Description: These guns are designed to fire harnessed divine power as bolts of energy. Really they're for show since he can just throw bolts of energy with his Omnipresent Reach but he likes to give people a flashy show as he does it. They do give a very satisfying click when reloaded though.
Attribute: Dexterity
Attack Bonus (total): +2
Damage: 1d10+1

Fray Die:
Damage Chart

1 or less = 0 Dmg
2-5 = 1 Dmg
6-9 = 2 Dmg
10 or more = 4 Dmg

Resources

Total            Free
Effort =                         2                  X
Influence =                    2                  X          Earned Per Month
Dominion =                    0                  X                       X
Wealth =                        0                 

Words&Divine Gifts

Command
Heroes with the Command Word may set their Charisma score to 16, or 18 if it’s already 16 or higher. They may communicate with any intelligent creature, understanding them and being understood in turn. Their commands are always correctly understood, though obedience will depend on their eloquence or the use of their gifts.
Artifice
Heroes with the Artifice Word can create any non-magical object a normal man can carry as a round’s action, using whatever materials are to hand. While the ensuing creation may look odd, and any "foodstuffs" are inedible, it functions and lasts as well as a normal object of its type and usual substance. The hero’s crafting efforts for a day count as 100 laborers per character level when an estimate is needed.
Bow
Heroes with the Bow Word never run out of normal ammunition. They may instantly call ranged or throwing weapons they've used to their hands over any distance, and their ranged weapon attacks never harm any target they did not intend to hurt. Their ranged attacks always count as magical for purposes of overcoming defenses.
Sky
Heroes with the Sky Word are never harmed by falling, need not breathe, and have an invincible defense against electricity, cold and injurious sounds.

Know The Inner Truth
Commit Effort for the scene. Understand the true motivations and intentions of any conversational partner, expressed by the GM in a few sentences. Worthy foes get a Spirit saving throw to conceal the truth.
Transmuter
Commit Effort for the scene and turn one 10 x 10 x 10 foot cube of material per hero level from one physical substance into another. Items being used or held by a creature cannot be changed. If the effect is used to somehow harm targets, they take a 1d6 damage die for every two character levels of the hero, rounded up. If the substance being created is rare or precious, Effort must be committed for the day. Extremely rare and magical substances cannot be created this way, though mountains of gold can be fabricated. See the Wealth Word for limits on the use of this newfound treasure, as it is all too easy to inflate a region’s mundane economy into chaos.
Ten Thousand Tools
Your natural gifts of creation are augmented. Instead of requiring a full round to create a portable mundane object, you may do so as an On Turn action, as part of whatever action you take. This object may be a permanent creation or allowed to disappear afterwards at your discretion. Your daily labor on projects is worth 1,000 laborers per level. This gift is of no use to a Godbound who has not bound this Word.
Command the Wheels
Commit Effort. You can seize control of any visible vehicle, mechanism, door, or other object with moving parts up to the size of a small ship. If the item was created by you, there is no size limit on what can be controlled. While the Effort remains committed, the object will function exactly as if it were being manipulated, driven or piloted by you. Each new directive requires an action, and worthy foes can save versus Spirit to negate the gift for items they’re using.
Sapphire Wings
Commit Effort. The hero can fly at twice their usual movement rate. If undistracted and able to fly in a straight line, they can reach speeds of up to 100 miles an hour.
Omnipresent Reach
Your ranged weapons have a maximum range as far as your natural line of sight. Your missile weapons always do at least 1d10 damage and are treated as magical weapons. Even without a bow or gun, you may cast bolts of force or conjured weapons for 1d10 damage. The pistols and rifles of the Bright Republic work for you even in the absence of an etheric node's stabilizing effect.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Gannameade

I would love too...but I have no clue of how to make up a sheet!!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Gannameade on April 07, 2020, 02:30:27 PM
I would love too...but I have no clue of how to make up a sheet!!

Rules for the game/chargen can be downloaded for free, it misses only the extended splat. Also in my charsheet is blank sheet which you can use. But ofc we who had made sheet can give advices and such, but easiest to start with is with the concept of the char and build it from there.