Recruiting for "The Slave" 5th Edition D&D adventure Underdark Forgotten Realms

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, March 08, 2020, 10:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Recruiting for "The Slave" a Forgotten Realms Underdark adventure.

Priestess of Eilistraee-NSFW

Character build

• Race: Drow
  • Class: Cleric of Eilistraee
  • Level: 6th,  Starting Gold: 650,  Starting Hit Points: Max 1st lv - half +1 rest of levels and CON bonus.
  • Point Buy: 27

In addition, looking for three more roles to be filled arcane caster and rogue type character and This slot is open.  Will be awarded to best fit.

• Race: Drow, Human, Deep Human, Halfling, Dwarf, Goblin, Elf, Half Elf, Half Orc, Tiefling, Dragonborn,  Half Orge, Minotaur, Gnoll.
    • Class: Arcane caster and Rogue  class
      • Level: 6th,  Starting Gold: 650,  Starting Hit Points: Max 1st lv - half +1 rest of levels and CON bonus.
      • Point Buy: 27

Slave characters
      Slave characters start with 0 gold, save for what equipment build and background offer up.   This is to represent you're a slave.  Your either owned by another or are a escaped slave. Slave characters gain a bonus skill.

Your not a slave character if you recently were captured.   In order to be a slave character in the underdark, either you were born a slave or have spent significant time from when you were captured, think years.

Human Varient Deep Human
      Subterranean (Deep Human)

Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 2, and your Intelligence and Charisma scores each increase by 1. (This replaces all abilities raised by one.)
      Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
      Subterranean Lore. You have proficiency in the Perception and Stealth skills.  (These replace bonus Feat)

Chulanowa

I may be interested in fulfilling the "rogue type" character. will have to read the thread through.

Zaer Darkwail

Blank charsheet

[float=left][img padding=10 height=200]https://via.placeholder.com/150x200[/img]
[center][font=georgia][size=14pt][b]NAME[/b][/size][/font]
[b]RACE[/b]
[b]BACKGROUND[/b]
[b]CLASS[/b]
[/center][/float]

[center][spoiler=Skills][left][b]Acrobatics[/b]: -2
[b]Animal Handling[/b]: -2
[b]Arcana[/b]: -2
[b]Athletics[/b]: -2
[b]Deception[/b]: -2
[b]History[/b]: -2
[b]Insight[/b]: -2
[b]Intimidation[/b]: -2
[b]Investigation[/b]: -2
[b]Medicine[/b]: -2
[b]Nature[/b]: -2
[b]Perception[/b]: -2
[b]Performance[/b]: -2
[b]Persuasion[/b]: -2
[b]Religion[/b]: -2
[b]Sleight of Hand[/b]: -2
[b]Stealth[/b]: -2
[b]Survival[/b]: -2
[/left][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Proficiencies][left][b]Weapons[/b]:
[b]Tools[/b]:
[b]Saving Throws[/b]:
[b]Skills[/b]:
[b]Languages[/b]:
[/left][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spells][left]
[/left][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Features][left]
[b]NAME (SOURCE)[/b]:
[/left][/spoiler][/center]

[center][table]
[tr][td][color=black][b][u]STR[/td][td][color=black][b][u]DEX[/td][td][color=black][b][u]CON[/td][td][color=black][b][u]INT[/td][td][color=black][b][u]WIS[/td][td][color=black][b][u]CHA[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][/tr]
[/table][/center]

[center][table]
[tr][td][color=black][b][u]Armor Class[/td][td][color=black][b][u]Initiative[/td][td][color=black][b][u]Speed[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center][color=black][i]8[/td][td][center][color=black][i]-2[/td][td][center][color=black][i]00ft[/td][/tr][/table][/center]

[center][table]
[tr][td][/td][td][center][color=black][b][u]Hit Points[/td][td][center][color=black][b][u]Hit Dice[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][center][color=black][i]0[/td][td][center][color=black][i]0d0[/td][/tr][/table][/center]

[center][spoiler=Equipment][left][b][u]Worn[/u][/b]

[b][u]Backpack[/u][/b]

[b][u]Money[/u][/b]
0cp
0sp
650gp
0pp
[hr]
[b]Where are you from?:[/b] The general area and what it's like. Who is someone important there? What is a secret (as small or big as you want) going on / has gone on there that people don't know. What is something you do know that you probably shouldn't (unrelated to previous fact).

[b]How did you attain level 6?:[/b] What have you been doing? How did you acquire your local fame. What did you do? Who did you help? What chain of events did you set in motion that you are unaware of? Who did your actions upset that are aware of?

[b]Where are you going?:[/b] What's your goal, your ambition, your desire? What legacy do you want?

BERG'INYON ZAUVIIRYN
DROW
MERCENARY VETERAN
WIZARD 7

Skills
Acrobatics: +2
Animal Handling: +2
Arcana: +6
Athletics: +3
Deception: +2
History: +6
Insight: +0
Intimidation: +5
Investigation: +3
Medicine: +0
Nature: +3
Perception: +3
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +3
Sleight of Hand: +2
Stealth: +2
Survival: +0
Proficiencies
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows, short swords, rapiers, hand crossbows
Tools: Vechiles (land), Dragonchess
Saving Throws:  Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Athletics, Arcana, History, Intimidate, Perception
Languages: Undercommon, Elven
Spells

Cantrips: Dancing Lights (race), Chill Touch, Shocking Grasp, Prestigitation, Message

Known
1st: Absorb Elements, Mage Armor, Find Familiar, Shield, Alarm, Magic Missile, Tenser's Floating Disk, Burning Hands, Detect Magic, Comprehend Language
2th: Misty Steps, Mirror Image, Invisibility, See Invisibility, Levitate, Arcane Lock
3th: Fireball, Counterspell, Major Image, Fly, Animate Dead, Sending
4th: Divination, Evard's Black Tentacles

Prepared
1st (4/4): Faerie Fire (race), Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Absord Elements
2th (3/3): Darkness (race), Misty Steps, Mirror Image, Invisibility
3th (3/3): Fireball, Counterspell, Fly
4th (1/1): Evard's Black Tentacles

Features

Superior Darkvision (Drow): Darkvision to 120'ft

Fey Ancestry (Drow): You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Trance (Drow): Elves do not sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semi-conscious, for 4 hours a day. The Common word for this meditation is "trance". While meditating, you dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive after years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit a human would from 8 hours of sleep.

Keen Senses (Drow): gain proficiency to Perception skill.

Drow Magic (Drow): You know the Dancing Lights cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast Faerie Fire once, and it recharges after a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast Darkness once, and it recharges after a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Drow Weapon Training (Drow): You have proficiency with rapiers, shortswords, and hand crossbows.

Sunlight Sensitivity (Drow): You have a disadvantage on attack rolls and Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of the attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.

Mercenary Life (Background): You know the mercenary life as only someone who has experienced it can. You are able to identify mercenary companies by their emblems, and you know a little about any such company, including the names and reputations of its commanders and leaders, and who has hired them recently. You can find the taverns and festhalls where mercenaries abide in any area, as long as you speak the language. You can find mercenary work between adventures sufficient to maintain a comfortable lifestyle.

Spellcasting (Wizard): As a student of arcane magic, you have a spellbook containing spells that show the first glimmerings of your true power. Int based, wizard spells, able to prepare Intelligence modifier+wizard level amount.

Arcane Recovery (Wizard): You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

Arcane Tradition (Wizard, School of War Magic): Pick a spell school and gain specialized features.

Arcane Deflection (School of War Magic): At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.

When you use this feature, you can’t cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit (School of War Magic): Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Observant (4th level; Wizard, Feat):

• +1 Inteligence
  • If you can see a creature's mouth while it is speaking a language you understand, you can interpret their words by reading their lips.
  • You have a +5 bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) and Intelligence (Investigation) scores.

Power Surge (School of War Magic): Starting at 6th level, you can store magical energy within yourself to later empower your damaging spells.

You can store a maximum number of power surges equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one). Whenever you finish a long rest, your number of power surges resets to one. Whenever you successfully end a spell with Dispel Magic or Counterspell, you gain one power surge, as you steal magic from the spell you foiled. If you end a short rest with no power surges, you gain one power surge.

Once per turn when you deal damage to a creature or object with a wizard spell, you can spend one power surge to deal extra force damage to that target. The extra damage equals half your wizard level.

STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
(+0)
(+2)
(+1)
(+3)
(+0)
(+2)

Armor ClassInitiativeSpeed
+5
30ft

Hit Points
Hit Dice
7d6

Equipment
Worn
Uniform (counts as traveling clothes)
Dagger
Rapier (bought 25gp)
Diamond Dust (and other components), 25gp
Arcane Focus (medallion&insignia of rank in a mercenary company)
Pouch

Backpack
A Spellbook
Dragonchess set
Explorer's Pack

Past Spendings
Scribe additional spells; 2x1st level (100gp), 2x2th level (200gp), 2x3th level (300gp)

Money
0cp
0sp
10gp
0pp

Where are you from?: Berg'inyon Zauviiryn (Berg for short) hails from Menzoberranzan, more and less famous city in recent years thanks to events surrounding it and it's influenced in Underdark. He was born to regular drow commoner parents, he has one younger sister who had become a priestess of Lolth. His parents supported entirely (financial or otherwise) his sister while he himself had a tougher time, work for, what he desired. He worked with his father early on in his workshop, as a scribe. He worked as an assistant around the clock, earning coin little overtime and also thanks work he got access lots of books, those which need copied he did double copies and read his own made copies secretly and studied. Soon he had money to hire one mentor in Sorcere academy give him lessons, just enough to learn arcana and magic craft.

Said mentor, however, was a female, Alylyth Uluae. All male mentors had no desire to educate a potential future rival (and more so commoner as majority males were from noble houses). Where as Aylyth albeit noble blooded, she was bit social outcaste in her own house and lacking allies and pawns. So she accepted the gold, but what she desired after a useful male for her ploys and plans. So they grew close, albeit Berg saw she clearly had some ulterior motives but he accepted risk for the sake improving his own standing in society. For Aylyth's surprise (and pleasure) Berg despite his origins was quick in mind and wit as well, learning rapidly arcane secrets and was grooming him to be her weapon.

However, for both Berg and Aylyth things went hairy as male drow, one Aylyth's admirers, had discovered her 'free time' activities and grew jealous of attention Berg was gaining from her mentor; flirting, sexual innuendos and more. Albeit Aylyth used all things as means build a bond to Berg (to able manipulate him) but admired thought to be genuine! So one evening, an admirer confronted Berg when Aylyth was not around, into an ambush in local alleys he went spell duel with Berg! However, Berg was not easy to take down, as he had caught his stalking and seen works of spellcraft in time to counter it and launch his own counter back! It was effective, perhaps too much, as he killed the admirer. However there were witnesses and they saw Berg, a commoner, kill a noble blooded male. Despite circumstances in favor of self-defense, there is still a high chance house avenges the death of their sons, promising arcanists death, upon him. So thus Berg started to hide and avoid possible assassins or bounty hunters.

But then he was found out by Bregan D'aerthe, given choice; either join them (and enjoy their protection) or turned over to house which son he killed. Either value him for his potential talent and skill, or the coin. With little choice given Berg joined the mercenary company and he has been on their employ since then, serving either larger plans or does mercenary work himself on his own contracts and it has been many years since the incident. Neither house nor Aylyth contacting him.

How did you attain level 6?: Where Berg's journey to magecraft has been started by Aylyth's tutoring, exploiting his innate natural talent which is above average for a commoner, the mercenary band harnessed and refined said talent into a sharp razor edge. Where most drow wizards specialize one school, he has a dual specific focus on abjuration and evocation to focus exclusively on battlefield and combat focus. Become a battle mage in the field where he wields various schools of spells to do devastating work. He can protect himself but also do devastating damage when needed, either single target or wide area or cause bit crowd control with some spells or use illusions to help hide mercenary teams or confuse enemies. He has been assigned several major operations ran by higher rank members of the company, he himself few times hired outside those operations for raid parties or other capacities as a mage for hire.

Where are you going?: Berg wishes to gain arcane mastery, renown and bit fame, rise in mercenary company rank tiers. To earn a comfortable luxurious life and own way seek success to overcome his sister's success as a priestess of Lolth. Sort proves how far a commoner born drow could achieve with enough talent and skill. But truth also is....he enjoys the combat, tactical challenges, and warfares. But he is not butcher; he likes conflict with purpose and goals. So the objectives of clients serve for him now until he finds his own grand goal to fight and conquest.

Muse

What sorts of rolls are you looking for, ESG? 

Do you need fellow slave girls? 

i'd love to play a drow sorceress chain sister?  Someone who can fence well when  her master permits her the use of her rapier. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

ESG is looking for Eilistrae cleric (primary) and then two more roles; Arcanist and roguish class (most likely plain rogue as need skill monkey with thieves tools proficiency likely).

MingMing

I've never played 5th Ed.  Will knowing the system well and having the books be a requirement?   Or is this something knowledge of the prior editions and some help from the GM can handle?
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Zaer Darkwail

5th edition is easy to pick up if familiar with past DnD systems. It's rather very simple in a beautiful way as systems go (to me anyways with 3.5 and 4th edition and pathfinder experience).

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 08, 2020, 11:40:39 AM
I may be interested in fulfilling the "rogue type" character. will have to read the thread through.

Such would be much appreciated.    Looking forward to seeing the character.
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 08, 2020, 07:23:54 PM
Blank charsheet

[float=left][img padding=10 height=200]https://via.placeholder.com/150x200[/img]
[center][font=georgia][size=14pt][b]NAME[/b][/size][/font]
[b]RACE[/b]
[b]BACKGROUND[/b]
[b]CLASS[/b]
[/center][/float]

[center][spoiler=Skills][left][b]Acrobatics[/b]: -2
[b]Animal Handling[/b]: -2
[b]Arcana[/b]: -2
[b]Athletics[/b]: -2
[b]Deception[/b]: -2
[b]History[/b]: -2
[b]Insight[/b]: -2
[b]Intimidation[/b]: -2
[b]Investigation[/b]: -2
[b]Medicine[/b]: -2
[b]Nature[/b]: -2
[b]Perception[/b]: -2
[b]Performance[/b]: -2
[b]Persuasion[/b]: -2
[b]Religion[/b]: -2
[b]Sleight of Hand[/b]: -2
[b]Stealth[/b]: -2
[b]Survival[/b]: -2
[/left][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Proficiencies][left][b]Weapons[/b]:
[b]Tools[/b]:
[b]Saving Throws[/b]:
[b]Skills[/b]:
[b]Languages[/b]:
[/left][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spells][left]
[/left][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Features][left]
[b]NAME (SOURCE)[/b]:

[center][table]
[tr][td][color=black][b][u]STR[/td][td][color=black][b][u]DEX[/td][td][color=black][b][u]CON[/td][td][color=black][b][u]INT[/td][td][color=black][b][u]WIS[/td][td][color=black][b][u]CHA[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][td][center][color=black][i]6[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][td][center][color=black][i](-2)[/td][/tr]
[/table][/center]

[center][table]
[tr][td][color=black][b][u]Armor Class[/td][td][color=black][b][u]Initiative[/td][td][color=black][b][u]Speed[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center][color=black][i]8[/td][td][center][color=black][i]-2[/td][td][center][color=black][i]00ft[/td][/tr][/table][/center]

[center][table]
[tr][td][/td][td][center][color=black][b][u]Hit Points[/td][td][center][color=black][b][u]Hit Dice[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][center][color=black][i]0[/td][td][center][color=black][i]0d0[/td][/tr][/table][/center]

[center][spoiler=Equipment][left][b][u]Worn[/u][/b]

[b][u]Backpack[/u][/b]

[b][u]Money[/u][/b]
0cp
0sp
650gp
0pp
[hr]
[b]Where are you from?:[/b] The general area and what it's like. Who is someone important there? What is a secret (as small or big as you want) going on / has gone on there that people don't know. What is something you do know that you probably shouldn't (unrelated to previous fact).

[b]How did you attain level 6?:[/b] What have you been doing? How did you acquire your local fame. What did you do? Who did you help? What chain of events did you set in motion that you are unaware of? Who did your actions upset that are aware of?

[b]Where are you going?:[/b] What's your goal, your ambition, your desire? What legacy do you want?

BERG'INYON ZAUVIIRYN
DROW
MERCENARY VETERAN
WIZARD 6

Skills
Acrobatics: +2
Animal Handling: +2
Arcana: +6
Athletics: +3
Deception: +2
History: +6
Insight: +0
Intimidation: +5
Investigation: +3
Medicine: +0
Nature: +3
Perception: +3
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +3
Sleight of Hand: +2
Stealth: +2
Survival: +0
Proficiencies
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows, short swords, rapiers, hand crossbows
Tools: Vechiles (land), Dragonchess
Saving Throws:  Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Athletics, Arcana, History, Intimidate, Perception
Languages: Undercommon, Elven
Spells

Cantrips: Dancing Lights (race), Chill Touch, Greenflame Blade, Prestigitation, Message

Known
1st: Absorb Elements, Mage Armor, Find Familiar, Shield, Alarm, Magic Missile, Tenser's Floating Disk, Burning Hands, Detect Magic, Comprehend Language
2th: Misty Steps, Mirror Image, Invisibility, See Invisibility, Levitate, Arcane Lock
3th: Fireball, Counterspell, Major Image, Fly, Animate Dead, Sending

Prepared
1st (4/4): Faerie Fire (race), Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Absord Elements
2th (3/3): Darkness (race), Misty Steps, Mirror Image, Invisibility
3th (3/3): Fireball, Counterspell

Features

Superior Darkvision (Drow): Darkvision to 120'ft

Fey Ancestry (Drow): You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Trance (Drow): Elves do not sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semi-conscious, for 4 hours a day. The Common word for this meditation is "trance". While meditating, you dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive after years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit a human would from 8 hours of sleep.

Keen Senses (Drow): gain proficiency to Perception skill.

Drow Magic (Drow): You know the Dancing Lights cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast Faerie Fire once, and it recharges after a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast Darkness once, and it recharges after a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Drow Weapon Training (Drow): You have proficiency with rapiers, shortswords, and hand crossbows.

Sunlight Sensitivity (Drow): You have a disadvantage on attack rolls and Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of the attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.

Mercenary Life (Background): You know the mercenary life as only someone who has experienced it can. You are able to identify mercenary companies by their emblems, and you know a little about any such company, including the names and reputations of its commanders and leaders, and who has hired them recently. You can find the taverns and festhalls where mercenaries abide in any area, as long as you speak the language. You can find mercenary work between adventures sufficient to maintain a comfortable lifestyle.

Spellcasting (Wizard): As a student of arcane magic, you have a spellbook containing spells that show the first glimmerings of your true power. Int based, wizard spells, able to prepare Intelligence modifier+wizard level amount.

Arcane Recovery (Wizard): You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

Arcane Tradition (Wizard, School of War Magic): Pick a spell school and gain specialized features.

Arcane Deflection (School of War Magic): At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.

When you use this feature, you can’t cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit (School of War Magic): Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Observant (4th level; Wizard, Feat):

• +1 Inteligence
  • If you can see a creature's mouth while it is speaking a language you understand, you can interpret their words by reading their lips.
  • You have a +5 bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) and Intelligence (Investigation) scores.

Power Surge (School of War Magic): Starting at 6th level, you can store magical energy within yourself to later empower your damaging spells.

You can store a maximum number of power surges equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one). Whenever you finish a long rest, your number of power surges resets to one. Whenever you successfully end a spell with Dispel Magic or Counterspell, you gain one power surge, as you steal magic from the spell you foiled. If you end a short rest with no power surges, you gain one power surge.

Once per turn when you deal damage to a creature or object with a wizard spell, you can spend one power surge to deal extra force damage to that target. The extra damage equals half your wizard level.

STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
(+0)
(+2)
(+1)
(+3)
(+0)
(+2)

Armor ClassInitiativeSpeed
+5
30ft

Hit Points
Hit Dice
5d6

Equipment
Worn
Uniform (counts as traveling clothes)
Dagger
Rapier (bought 25gp)
Diamond Dust (and other components), 25gp
Arcane Focus (medallion&insignia of rank in a mercenary company)
Pouch

Backpack
A Spellbook
Dragonchess set
Explorer's Pack

Past Spendings
Scribe additional spells; 2x1st level (100gp), 2x2th level (200gp), 2x3th level (300gp)

Money
0cp
0sp
10gp
0pp

Where are you from?: Berg'inyon Zauviiryn (Berg for short) hails from Menzoberranzan, more and less famous city in recent years thanks to events surrounding it and it's influenced in Underdark. He was born to regular drow commoner parents, he has one younger sister who had become a priestess of Lolth. His parents supported entirely (financial or otherwise) his sister while he himself had a tougher time, work for, what he desired. He worked with his father early on in his workshop, as a scribe. He worked as an assistant around the clock, earning coin little overtime and also thanks work he got access lots of books, those which need copied he did double copies and read his own made copies secretly and studied. Soon he had money to hire one mentor in Sorcere academy give him lessons, just enough to learn arcana and magic craft.

Said mentor, however, was a female, Alylyth Uluae. All male mentors had no desire to educate a potential future rival (and more so commoner as majority males were from noble houses). Where as Aylyth albeit noble blooded, she was bit social outcaste in her own house and lacking allies and pawns. So she accepted the gold, but what she desired after a useful male for her ploys and plans. So they grew close, albeit Berg saw she clearly had some ulterior motives but he accepted risk for the sake improving his own standing in society. For Aylyth's surprise (and pleasure) Berg despite his origins was quick in mind and wit as well, learning rapidly arcane secrets and was grooming him to be her weapon.

However, for both Berg and Aylyth things went hairy as male drow, one Aylyth's admirers, had discovered her 'free time' activities and grew jealous of attention Berg was gaining from her mentor; flirting, sexual innuendos and more. Albeit Aylyth used all things as means build a bond to Berg (to able manipulate him) but admired thought to be genuine! So one evening, an admirer confronted Berg when Aylyth was not around, into an ambush in local alleys he went spell duel with Berg! However, Berg was not easy to take down, as he had caught his stalking and seen works of spellcraft in time to counter it and launch his own counter back! It was effective, perhaps too much, as he killed the admirer. However there were witnesses and they saw Berg, a commoner, kill a noble blooded male. Despite circumstances in favor of self-defense, there is still a high chance house avenges the death of their sons, promising arcanists death, upon him. So thus Berg started to hide and avoid possible assassins or bounty hunters.

But then he was found out by Bregan D'aerthe, given choice; either join them (and enjoy their protection) or turned over to house which son he killed. Either value him for his potential talent and skill, or the coin. With little choice given Berg joined the mercenary company and he has been on their employ since then, serving either larger plans or does mercenary work himself on his own contracts and it has been many years since the incident. Neither house nor Aylyth contacting him.

How did you attain level 6?: Where Berg's journey to magecraft has been started by Aylyth's tutoring, exploiting his innate natural talent which is above average for a commoner, the mercenary band harnessed and refined said talent into a sharp razor edge. Where most drow wizards specialize one school, he has a dual specific focus on abjuration and evocation to focus exclusively on battlefield and combat focus. Become a battle mage in the field where he wields various schools of spells to do devastating work. He can protect himself but also do devastating damage when needed, either single target or wide area or cause bit crowd control with some spells or use illusions to help hide mercenary teams or confuse enemies. He has been assigned several major operations ran by higher rank members of the company, he himself few times hired outside those operations for raid parties or other capacities as a mage for hire.

Where are you going?: Berg wishes to gain arcane mastery, renown and bit fame, rise in mercenary company rank tiers. To earn a comfortable luxurious life and own way seek success to overcome his sister's success as a priestess of Lolth. Sort proves how far a commoner born drow could achieve with enough talent and skill. But truth also is....he enjoys the combat, tactical challenges, and warfares. But he is not butcher; he likes conflict with purpose and goals. So the objectives of clients serve for him now until he finds his own grand goal to fight and conquest.

Looks good

Quote from: Muse on March 09, 2020, 11:35:02 PM
What sorts of rolls are you looking for, ESG? 

Do you need fellow slave girls? 

i'd love to play a drow sorceress chain sister?  Someone who can fence well when  her master permits her the use of her rapier. 

As Zaer pointed out.  A very specfic role is a drow priestess of Eilitrese,  arcane caster and rogue characters,  races open with them.   So no to a slave sister.   

Quote from: MingMing on March 10, 2020, 07:10:49 PM
I've never played 5th Ed.  Will knowing the system well and having the books be a requirement?   Or is this something knowledge of the prior editions and some help from the GM can handle?

More then welcome,  again as Zaer said,  5th edition D&D is easy.    No need to have the books.   You can get what you need here to create and play a chracter  5th Edition D&D SRD

More then glad to help.   

MingMing

Okay, how's a human or half-drow bard sound?  I hope it helps fill what you need?

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: MingMing on March 11, 2020, 02:06:27 AM
Okay, how's a human or half-drow bard sound?  I hope it helps fill what you need?

A human or half drow would be fine as a bard.   

Muse

Well, i would love to play a priestess of Eilistraee, but I don't know what story roll you what filled? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MingMing

Going over the character SRD and have a question-

Are feats-earned handled the same as previous editions?  1 at first, bonus for humans, and additional feats every third level?  The SRD doesn't say.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: MingMing on March 11, 2020, 01:53:54 PM
Going over the character SRD and have a question-

Are feats-earned handled the same as previous editions?  1 at first, bonus for humans, and additional feats every third level?  The SRD doesn't say.

Nope, they are handle thus; humans do not get bonus feat unless they take racial variant which gives them one. Normally humans get +1 to all stats, variant gives +1 to two stats, feat and skill proficiency of your choice (which is the reason why all people who want play humans want to take the variant :P). Feats are given via class feature, it's called Ability Advancement. Normally it gives +2 to single stat (or +1 to two), but instead stat bonus, you can get a feat. So example my drow wizard case; instead of taking +2 to one stat (intelligence example), I took a feat.

Quote from: Muse on March 11, 2020, 01:51:32 PM
  Well, i would love to play a priestess of Eilistraee, but I don't know what story roll you what filled? 

What I understood; ESG wants the firstmost role of priestess filled as what I read present plot/story events is open for one (so if want guaranteed spot in her game, fill priestess role), but she is open for about taking 2 additional people in as well (but only if they cover roles of arcanist and roguish/skill monkey sort char).

Isengrad

What Zear said

Edit: As further explination. Ability score improvements are baked into the class now, rather than being bound to total character level. An example would be fighter 4 would get a choice of ASI or feat, but a Paladin 2/Warlock 2 does not, since he has not reached level 4 in either class.

original artwork by karabiner

Zaer Darkwail

Nods

Yeah, forgot mention it's tied to class levels in a given class and not total class levels. So multiclassing you need to take account for when you leave the class or why. Fighters example gets the most amount of ability advancement feature (and thus fighters long run get overall best stats or lots of feats depending build they go for).

MingMing

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: MingMing on March 11, 2020, 03:54:34 PM
Oooh, so you don't even get a first level character feat then?

Nope, unless you take variant human who gets one feat as racial bonus.

MingMing

Okay.   Good to know.  How do backgrounds work?  Do they cost anything or do you simply pick one?

Isengrad

creating a character is a combination of 3 things, Race/class/background. So you get a background and it gives you some skills, maybe a language and an RP ability that helps in certain situations. A good combination(read default) for a Bard is the entertainer background, it's nice and you fully lock down that wandering mistral vibe. But what if becoming a bard is what got you out of the streets? then something like the urchin/orphan background might work. If you came from a military family and served your time you could take the soilder background. each on provides some starting equipment based on background(some just flair) and skills, tool, languages or other proficients.

original artwork by karabiner

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, as Isengard said char creation is three-parted; race, class, and background. The fourth element being archetype/subtype which defines you further. Most archetypes/subtypes come to classes in 2-3 level range (sorcerer, cleric, and warlock case come in 1st level; as cleric is defined by domain choice, warlock by patron and sorcerer by sorcerous origin, warlocks get a further definition in pact boon; tome, blade or chain in 3rd level). Some races have the baseline and then subraces which define them further (example elves get default base features like +2 to Dex and subfeature adds remaining racials; high elves gaining +1 Int, drows +1 Cha, etc).

Backgrounds are free and are meant to help build flavor, also each background gives guidelines on how to develop personality, bond and a flaw (can randomly roll, choose or make one of your own).

MingMing

Okay, I've got a rough character sheet that stills need some filling in, but I think I am getting the hang of this. 

Han-Nan: The Lady of Masks

Her style of performance is inspired by the secretive Chinese art of Bian Lian, the Masked Performers of Opera who change masks and characters in the blink of an eye.  As an adventuring archetype though, I have tailored her to be more of a wuxia sage, the errant wanderer seeking a worthy cause, hiring themselves out from place to place.  So I'm kind of envisioning them having a mysterious stranger sort of vibe, masked and unknown, filled with tricks and secrets. 

Please let me know if there's anything I've gotten wrong so far?

Zaer Darkwail

Looks okay to me, albeit unfamiliar with the college itself. Anyways concept itself is interesting; a Wuxian styled traveling sage who works as a bounty hunter for hire but also as a performer at times. There is far eastern culture in Faerun which can be origin for your char or she could be even rashemi (rashemi country having long traditions of masked witch spellcasters and so female bard from the said country using magical masks can make sense as well).

MingMing

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 11, 2020, 08:10:22 PMThere is far eastern culture in Faerun which can be origin for your char or she could be even rashemi (rashemi country having long traditions of masked witch spellcasters and so female bard from the said country using magical masks can make sense as well).
I am probably going to be from the continent of Kara-Tur, the Empire of Shou-Lung, although I had toyed with the idea of maybe being half-blooded with one parent from Rashemi.  The temptation to have a little pet named Boo would be irresistible if I did that...

Muse

*smiles*  I'd love the roll of the priestess of Eilistraee, E.S.G.  What do you want for an application?  Should i just build her? 

Edit:  Zaer had sugested that i might build her as a cleric/Monk (kensai) multiclass.  That would give me short sword proficiency and an option for fighting naked.  :D 

Edit:  I'd like to call her Elandra Songfire.  Another idea i had--for a full cleric progression--is that you might allow an alternate class feature.  Life and Nature domains both come with heavy armor proficiency.  Perhaps instead of that proficiency I could gain wisdom bonus to AC when unarmored and not wearing a shield? 

I'll use my 4th level feat for Weapon Mastery in order to get the long sword and longbow.  :) 

Elven Sex Goddess

Muse that is fine.   I am flexible and either route taken in building the character is fine by me.   

Everything is looking fine.   However,  I want to caution and ask each one of you when creating the character.    What is your reason for being in the underdark?   As it is a quest,  that involves good vs evil.   A speck of good in a sea of evil.   To get involved, to be part of a grand quest.   Beyond being a mere sell sword for hire.   

Examples;  A drow wizard might find himself curious as to why the great houses are mobilizing to find one simple human slave. 

A human bard may have entered the great Drow city in the underdark.   No finds themselves having to run as their talent in the musical arts has drawn the attention of a powerful matron mother to become part of her menagerie of exotic pets (slaves)

A rogue may have seen great profit in working for various houses.  But you have come up on the wrong side of a few powerful houses.