WWII, Famed and Forgotten {||}INTREST CHECK{||}

Started by Lone, September 28, 2009, 10:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone

--------------------
The Basic Idea-

Weeks before Opp D.Day, American paratroopers where dropped into Germany under the cover of night. These night drops where labeled under several different code names each designated to the several platoons of troops whom where to sweep France in an effort to push the Germans out of France once and for all. Our story, WWII Famed and Forgotten will start during one of these very memorable moments.

--------------------
You, and the war!-

You, as players will be playing either a male soldier in the US-Airborne, all of us whom play soldiers will belong to the same platoon and drop from the same plane, thus starting are chaos filled adventure into Germany.

Females or Males can play male soldiers, but remember at this time in the "Real World" there was no such thing as a female soldier, and thus all people playing soldiers must play a male. Next up on the list is that you may also play a female local, living in France whom may help give the soldiers shelter and hide from the Nazi patrols.

This is all I have for the idea so far, so if anyone out there is interested let me know so I can finalize it and post the actual sign up's.

QuoteDisclaimer:
I first would like to say, that this idea as of now is a toss up and I am no expert in the WWII time-line or anything like that, this is simply put, "An Idea, for a story."
Goodbye is forever...A broken heart never heals, it only forgets. So please do not remind me....
O n O

Carlissa

Hmm, looks fun. I could play as a teenaged girl being held hostage by german soldiers and could be rescued! That would add a little twist.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

MagicalPen

Being a WW2 Buff (and having run a paratrooper game of my own way back in the day, off-site) I'd be potentially interested in this game.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Lone

Only two so far.. Not really a group yet.

Anyone else have input?
Goodbye is forever...A broken heart never heals, it only forgets. So please do not remind me....
O n O

vend

:: slaps a new clip of ammunition into his M1 Garand and yanks the bolt ::

"All I know iz, I gut me a rifle 'nd it ain't fur looks."

I'm a big fan of the Band of Brothers HBO miniseries so you've perked my interest.

FrankieDupraz

I'd be up for this, I'm mad about World War 2.  Been playing Company of Heroes lately, so definitly in the mood.

MagicalPen

Don't let the video game be your basis for WWII - trust me, its NOTHING like COH!

Anyways, we've got a handful of interested players. They'd make up part of a squad, leaving the NPC part as good 'cannon fodder' when needed (esp. given the historic context of Para-casualties). Any further discussion/thoughts?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Scribbles

AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Lone

GREEN LIGHT! GREEN LIGHT TO JUMP!

Okay, so...

Down to business, I really want the cinematic feel of this, Movies, Moments, Games. It's those few moments of tension that you can cut with a knife, the emotion and drama of being pitted ruthlessly against another man in a fierce struggle of survival, The roar of gunfire, the pounding of artillery, the struggle.

I am putting up a Recruitment thread ASAP, so brush up you'r military lingo and prepare for war!
O n O

Rachubka

Hmmm... guess I wouldn't mind playing a fiery, local girl. Maybe she even does a little more than just provide shelter? I don't mean in a sexual way! But like... you know... vengeance against those who occupy her country? :)

Scribbles

Can I play a female German spy? I promise, there were plenty of them running around. Studied a few in matric.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Lone

O n O

Merlyn

I hope you don't mind another player. ;)  I'm going to start working on a character, if you mind let me know.  Or I can just get killed off at some point.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Lone

O n O

MagicalPen

Mind posting a link to the main thread/character thread etc?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Lone

O n O

vend

Just curious but is everyone still in on this?

Merlyn

I am, but I think to few of people made characters.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

MagicalPen

Yeah, I'm still in on this. Its a bit trickier from the GM's side of view though. Lots of little details to worry about.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Dokuro

If there still is room I would like to join in. Since it's the paratroopers then my character could just have gotten lost.
What did I do now?

On and off's

playfullchick76

I could possibly play a female member of the french resistance in this.