New Fableshore [A Modern Neo-Noir Fairy Tale Game] .:Recruitment Thread! LGBTQA+

Started by Dhampyress, February 08, 2017, 05:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhampyress

Is a dark modern noir themed (or very close to) fantasy world, that focuses on the lives of fairy tale folk existing in line with practical world themes. We have a lot of mature themes here, mixed in with a more close modern fantastical fairy-tale feeling. Fableshore is a bit of a dim world, where nothing is quite perfect, and shady figures often move in the dark to effect the smaller folk. There is crime. There is love, and there is most certainly compassion of everything that falls in between. That said, the game is very open to fantasy themes, and is heavily including of such elements within a more modern structure of aesthetic. We are setting few boundaries to allow players to contribute, include and create wonderful works of their own depictions of fairy tale characters, that players may be interested in playing in this sort of environment. This is in no way a fandom role-play, and does not follow any one set verse of a singular fairy tale. The game is inspired heavily by 'Fabletown' & 'Once Upon A Time', finding a semblance of more mature content somewhere in between these mediums. The concept of this game is to allow freedom and original creativity to contribute to the base of what is per-established within this world and how it all works, which is a vast and sandbox dynamic experience for anyone interested in these sorts of themes to enjoy. You can be almost any fabled folk, or relative creature of mythological likeness in Fableshore. We are open to accepting Fairy Tales of all adaptions. This also means you may create your own purely original take on any available fairy tale character in whatever way you prefer (keeping the feel of the game in mind). The only limit here is that your take on the fairy tale character of your choosing is totally left up to you, with near endless amount of possibilities. I stress leniency in contribution of creativity to the game. Collaboration with players (or as you will learn them to be Mysts; in this realm), and to keep a fairly open mind while allowing potential interest to step forth into the game. The only hard limits here are ones defined by the rules, which are minute in number. When creating a character, the only thing to keep in mind is the existing lore of the character with sort of using that as a back story with moving forward in creating a more modernized bio of who this character may be. You may alter it slightly, but no purely OC fairy tale folks. Further information on how this and all works can be found within the game synopsis below.

I have removed the lore of the game, but it is still view-able; here , alongside all official and expansive content that regulates the foundations of the game. Please read this, if you plan on stick around.

You would be a fairy tale character known as a “Myst” (short for Mystical). You have spent the last ten years trying to discover your new place in this very different world, and all it's more modern properties. You are not alone in this, but not every Myst you will meet, or even might know, is your friend. You will hold your friends dear. You will learn to reject your enemies, or least find yourself tumbling towards a fate unwritten. Though not everything is as it once was. The modern formation of this new realm is unlike anything you have experienced before. You're end game is the same as everyone's end game, to find your happily ever after. Seemingly in a place where getting there might intrude among the more ambitious fantasies of others. Around you there are others doing the very same thing. Some heroes have fallen into disarray. Other villains have rose into caution seats of power, but there is a sense of order here that least protects you a fair means. There is a system. There is a society. There is civilization, but it is not perfect, nor shall it ever truly be. Who your Myst is now, is entirely up to you. You do not need to stick to the source material of the character with the process of their choices and further steps into the immense, and politically, among moral, questionable world that is Fableshore, and the stories that bring it to life.

Fableshore follows a loose month (in character so not actual months) time frame establishing scheme, that is entitled to a special event each and every upcoming month. Every month the event will change to keep things from feeling too static at times. With each month we will be exploring new events. Some might be more subtle then others, while others might be very extraordinaire, and truly magical. At the moment I'm keeping the month jump frame in more tentative pattern. We're really just going with the flow at this point.

Our current months event centers around the murder of a well known and overall good Myst from Fableshore's political elite. Mayor Cinderella has been rumored to have been murdered, and with a lot of other less admirable Mysts been trying to take political power for years, it's left the town mostly in dispirit. Further information on this months tragedy can be shared upon request.

Absolutely. Although it's in a more contemporary form. Raw, and pure magic, is rare to come by, but there is certainly traces of it lingering around the vast and rather mysterious town. Many forms of magic these days come in the form of beverage, or even food. With a particularly nasty organization who slips under the veil of Fableshore's more controversial authority system, who's trade is the concoction of 'new magic', in the form of a pharmaceuticals. Beyond that Mysts, even in their more present human forms (this effects everyone) will always carry special magical qualities about them, that they might use to their less extreme benefit, and further help distinct them from their fellow citizens. Then of course there are always just somethings we can't explain. There is an undoubted magical essence to Fableshore's design, that works in more mysteries ways that many Mysts can simply not explain. Leaving few expeditionally wonderful and uncharting scenarios left only to be know, by the mysterious tick of impending time.

Additionally we are in the process of considering more heavily 'magic' events here in the game. Events work within the theme of months. Each month carries a different event, to make the game feel a bit different every short step ahead, and leave a sense of mystery, with what might come beyond.

(I'm happy to answer questions about what kind of magical properties we allow here. Just ask away!)

Fableshore offers almost limitless potential to build unique, and interest depictions, or adaptations of existing fairy tale characters. You can apply to be almost anyone from a fairy tale and your take on said character is entirely up to you. Just because a character may be a protagonist in a fairy-tale doesn't mean you have to play them as such in this game. Ever wanted to twist or change a fairy tale character in your own unique way? You can do that all here. Additionally, I want to make this experience as free, and fair, as I possibly can. We encourage the idea of 'sandbox building' (as I'll call it), and in this game you are also allowed to bring in player created small-businesses, among small affiliations (factions), that are fitting to the spirit of the game. I encourage players to bring something more with their characters in helping build the world of Fableshore with them hand and hand!

As stated above there has been a ten year gap in the events that have led to Fableshore's establishment. Within those ten years your character has been free to change, adjust or develop as you may see fit. The only thing thing we ask is that you retain some loyalty to the main concept of the character. The role-play itself starts after the ten year gap, leaving the space from the start of the role-play, all the way back to the first years of your characters inhabitant in Fableshore, entirely up to you to decide. They can be almost anyone.

Character building & More?
Joining the game/Character Concepts/Player driven possibilities
Fableshore offers almost limitless potential to build unique and interest depictions, or adaptations, of existing fairy tale characters. You can apply to be almost anyone from a fairy tale and your take on said character is entirely up to you. Just because a character may be a protagonist in a fairy-tale doesn't mean you have to play them as such in this game. Many things have happened in (insert name's) last ten years that may have altered the original foundations of a character that has gone through some sort of change. Ever wanted to twist or change a fairy tale character in your own unique way? You can do that all here.

As stated above there has been a ten year gap in the events that have led to Fableshore's establishment. Within those ten years your character has been free to change, adjust or develop as you may see fit. The only thing thing we ask is that you retain some loyalty to the main concept of the character. The role-play itself starts after the ten year gap, leaving the space from the start of the role-play, all the way back to the first years of your characters inhabitant in Fableshore, entirely up to you to decide. They can be almost anyone.

Choosing a character

There's no real limit to who one might be able to chose. We only ask that you keep your creativity in fair respects of the game, and the means of mood we are aiming to create. Characters from non-western fairy tales are fair pitch, alongside many of the more common picks. Nursery rhyme characters are also viable. Descendant conceptions are also acceptable, and much more. However, at this time we are more uncertain with urban legends, and most mythology. You have the right and will to pitch an urban legend, or mythological concept, but we ask that the pitch be very good, before considering it a plausible addition to the story. Please refrain from complying too much inspiration from heavy Disney adaptions. It's fine to gain some inspiration from these mediums, but we're not looking for solely Disney variations of characters, simply because it doesn't fit too well with the atmosphere of this game.

If you are unsure about a character, or have any questions at all regarding a possible choice of one, please feel free to message us and ask!

Please check the unavailable character list as well! Our only rule for potential character choosing is that the character should be from a story book.

Characters that are not available!
(This list is currently up to date! We need more deviant/loyal Myst types!)

Alice Liddle - Alice In Wonderland
Rosina Leckermaul (Blind Witch) - Hansel & Gretel
Jack Frost - Jack Frost Mythology
The Girl With No Hands - Brothers Grim Fairy Tales
Cheshire Cat - Alice In Wonderland
Puss In Boots - Puss In Boots
Ariel - Little Mermaid
The Mad Hatter - Alice In Wonderland (Tentative)
Hades - Mythology (Tentative)
The Tooth Fairy - Mythology (Tentative)

(Just a few)

[Aside from Elliquiy's rules, these are few of our expectations]

We are searching for players who can write 2 or more paragraphs per post
★ 18+ Characters ONLY
1 Character per person to start! Once you post your first scene, you may create a second profile!
★ Searching for players who can respond at least once a week or more. We won't press you to post, but if there is no activity from a character after more then a week your character will fall into temporary hiatus, unless informed otherwise.
Searching for story-oriented players! That said, there are mature themes within, but this is NOT a purely-smut based role-play. That said, we welcome adult themes. This is somewhat of a gritty environment, though civil to rational point. In particular we have a way of sorting characters based on their reputation, to which tells other players something generic about what kind of scenes they might prefer to fit themselves into.
★ We are LGBTTQ+ Positive here. Play off any type of sexuality or identity.
★ Please try your best to get along with the next person. Leave the drama for RP, not OOC.
★ Sex scenes, or any scenes including highly sexual content; are to be written in 'The Private Thread', only. Obviously more subtle shows of affection need not be conducted in said privatized environment.
★ Do not god-mode another players character without first asking them. Writing things such as “would try to...” or “would attempt to...” are acceptable. They are requesting a response from another player. Writing things such as "grabs her hand and drags her out" - are not acceptable unless you received the players permission.
★ Time is a fickle thing. We use a month's time frame (the exact date and what that means is established with prompts in the various location threads) to make sense of this. Every month (not actual OOC month) events will change, and each month there will be something new brought to the game to keep things dynamic in spirit of the games greater concept.

If you are going to bring a tonic into the game (please see first post for tonic information) - please inform a GM (Blissy specifically) in order to inform us before hand so we are aware. Especially if this tonic is dangerous to other players or could potentially cause harm within the game.

Drama rule. If someone joins the game that you may have a problem with at any given point, please do not make a scene about it. If there is someone who has applied for the game and you may have some problems with them, please refrain from creating drama with them OOCLY or ICLY. In the event there is someone in the game you have a problem with, you may choose not to interact with them OCCLY or ICLY. If there is some bad blood between players, please be the bigger person and separate yourself from that particular individual who you may not want to interact with.

In the events a player is unwillingly to cooperate in ceasing interactions with a character/player that another player may have choose to take a step away from, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself. We don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable in this game in any way shape or form.

★ PM Blissy with any further questions you might have.

If any of this has earned some interest from you as a reader, please read on and to the spoilers below, for further insight into some of the fundamentals of the game and how it all works.

Dhampyress

Please PM all profiles to Blissy

[float=left][img height=375 padding=8](Face claim reference only)[/img]
[img height=155 padding=10](Reference one)[/img][img height=155 padding=10](Reference two)[/img][/float]

[b]Name:[/b] [font=courier](Character name)[/font]
[b]Face Claim/Play-By:[/b] [font=courier](If you feel the need to list one)[/font]
[b]Alias/Nick name's:[/b] [font=courier](Character's nick or pet names) [/font]
[b]Age:[/b] [font=courier](How old does your character appear) [/font]
[b]Gender:[/b] [font=courier](Gender. Gender bending is acceptable) [/font]
[b]Height:[/b] [font=courier](Self explanatory)[/font]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b] [font=courier](Accent/Ethnicity/Etc.) [/font]
[b]Sexuality:[/b] [font=courier](You don't have to share this) [/font]
[b]Reputation:[/b] [font=courier](You may pick one of three. [color=green]'Loyalist'[/color] = Generally a good person. Morally stable | [color=blue]'Ambivalent'[/color] = Uncertain. Falls somewhere in between | [color=red]'Deviant'[/color] = Morally crooked. Known to be troublesome, or involved in mischief, to some notary degree)
[b]Occupation:[/b] [font=courier](What do they do in Fableshore for a living?) [/font]
[b]Affiliation:[/b] [font=courier]( Leave blank if unaffiliated. [color=red]Unaffiliated[/color] status is a very common and viable decision)[/font]
[b]Bio:[/b]

[i][font=courier](Whats your characters story? Tell us about who they've become in their last ten years in Fableshore. Feel free to let your imagination wander)[/font][/i]

[b]Special Qualities:[/b]

[font=courier][i][color=lightgreen]-List first ability (If relevant)[/color][/i][/font]
[font=courier][i][color=lightgreen]-List second ability (If relevant)[/color][/i][/font]
[font=courier][i][color=lightgreen]-List third (and final optional ability)[/color][/i][/font]
[font=courier][i][color=lightgreen]-List one more generic skill. Example; street sense, intelligence, reputation, etc. (If relevant)[/color][/i][/font]

[i]Would you like to bring a small business into the game?[/i] [b][Y/N][/b] [i]Please choose yes or no[/i]

[b]List name of business[/b]: [font=courier][I] “Business name here. [/i] (Explain business concept)

[/font]

While there is a big list of characters that are both available and unavailable for player character control, we do have some characters currently locked to the role of NPC's. There's a back story with Fableshore and that story is a large part of what make's Fableshore what it is, because of this we need to reserve some NPC's (which will be GM controlled for now) to help move the back drop of the story move forward smoothly.

At this time there will be very few named NPC's, to leave player choice open to more potential concepts. I'm happy to work around the interest of players, and find place for NPC's that fit into everything without limiting the choice of unique player character concepts.

All characters of this likiness will have a "GM NPC" beside their name on the character list to further establish their availability and separate player characters from GM NPC's.

Multiple characters are a different story. Players will be allowed the privilege to take on a possible second character after having settled in with their first character into the game. We don't want to make this game a character grab/hold scenario and so for now, we are only allowing one character per player. Once we feel a player may be more acquainted with the game, we may certainly consider allowing that player to take on a second fairy-tale character to play. Small NPC's can also be used to enrich player characters where needed.

~Work in progress! More to come with feedback/interest~

Useful links
Out Of Character Chat

More coming soon!

Frequently Asked Questions!

We will update this section with important questions that may be asked.

If you have a question? Please ask on the thread.

Question: Where is Fableshore located?
Answer: Fableshore is a high-rise town established on a fairly large island away from the outside world. Surrounded by sea and has one bridge in and out.

Question: What does Fableshore's layout look like?
Answer: There are several districts that form the layout of the land. In a sense these places in the city are wards, or sections, that adhere to districts not alike a modern city. There's an uptown, as well as a down town. There's a thick forest just off one of the large islands coast line, and much more. Further explanation on the districts and sections of the town can be found below.

Question: Are there “normal people” in Fableshore?
Answer: No. There are only Mysticals within the town. Though there are plenty of Mysticals to go around, making the town feel no different then a regular booming small town.

Question: Is there a way out of Fableshore?
Answer: There are two ways. One, the sea. Two, the bridge. Though no one dares leave Fableshore, given those who left, have never returned, or if they have, were never quite themselves upon return.

Question: Does my character have to be good/evil?
Answer: You are welcome to play your character as you wish! Whether or not you follow their lore is completely up to you. 'The Loyalist | Ambivalent | Deviant' concept has been applied to make this run more smoothly. If your character is evil, they could be on the path to good. If they are good and have been corrupted, so be it. Feel free to play around with their morality, and don't be ashamed to uphold your characters personage as they might deserve!

Question: Does my character have to be the gender from their tale?
Answer: Not at all. Feel free to change that. Gender-bends are popular in this sort of thing.

Question: Can my character use the name from a Disney adaptation?
Answer: There are some characters (ie: Ariel from The Little Mermaid) who have animation/movie adaptations that created a name for them, since they might have a less known one in their origin stories. Feel free to use their created names, or make your own.

Question: What kinds of technology exist?
Answer: The year is 2005. Consider that into the degree of modern technical advancement.

Question: Beyond player run businesses, will there be anything like affliction's or smaller factions, to further provide elements of sanction to the feel of the town?
Answer: We do allow both player run businesses and small 'affiliations (factions) here in the game. I much like the idea of small factions, such as low tier groups, organizations or parties that adhere to a singular cause, or goal. Something like making a policing agency in Fableshore playable, or a small gang of trouble makers; are very much in line with the sort of affiliations and player privileges we'd love to see used in the greater context of the game.

Intimate Ink

November Bleeds

*Throws interest on the table*

I have a few characters in mind, just going to narrow it down first!

kingmaster1

Bekah Boo

Quote from: November Bleeds on February 08, 2017, 05:54:00 PM
*Throws interest on the table*

I have a few characters in mind, just going to narrow it down first!

Hehe I'm in that same boat as always ;3
I got a few knocking around in my noggin of mind though.

hellrazoromega

If I can do the Chesire Cat again or perhaps Scheherazade, then I'll play.

Dhampyress

Quote from: kingmaster1 on February 08, 2017, 06:10:37 PM
Interested

Quote from: hellrazoromega on February 09, 2017, 10:49:37 AM
If I can do the Chesire Cat again or perhaps Scheherazade, then I'll play.

Absolutely. :-) Glad to see some old faces still have some interest in the game.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Wispyr

I am tentatively interested in bringing Red back.

Read this as: I'm currently in the progress of launching a game, and getting over that initial hurdle of crazy levels of things to do until the game finds its rhythm. Once done with that I'll look into it more deeply.

kingmaster1

Dhampyress

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 09, 2017, 12:51:08 PM
I will probably bring back Tiana.

Yay! Glad to hear it Dame. ^^

Quote from: Wispyr on February 09, 2017, 02:04:26 PM
I am tentatively interested in bringing Red back.

Read this as: I'm currently in the progress of launching a game, and getting over that initial hurdle of crazy levels of things to do until the game finds its rhythm. Once done with that I'll look into it more deeply.

So happy to see you back in here Wispyr, as well. ^^ I'll keep the tentative interest in mind.

Quote from: kingmaster1 on February 09, 2017, 03:23:26 PM
I'm gonna wanna bring hook back in

Noted. In fact, I'll make a note to mark down all three characters as taken. I can't wait to revisit them all in the modern game.

November Bleeds

So I am likely not going to play either of the characters I once played [Big Bad Wolf & Knave of Hearts].

I am currently looking at potentially playing Jack Frost. (:

hellrazoromega

Quote from: November Bleeds on February 09, 2017, 05:12:48 PM
So I am likely not going to play either of the characters I once played [Big Bad Wolf & Knave of Hearts].

I am currently looking at potentially playing Jack Frost. (:
That's just cold!

Ba dum Ching!!!  I'm here all week folks!!! ::) :P

Madriv

Elysian Radiance

-tentatively slips in my note for interest-

I'd like to reserve Aurora since I missed out on her last time!
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Dhampyress

Quote from: Madmartigan on February 10, 2017, 11:36:50 AM
Interested, preferably as Puss In Boots.

Lovely! I'll a note of that as well, and welcome to the game Madmartigan. ^^

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on February 10, 2017, 03:05:54 PM
-tentatively slips in my note for interest-

I'd like to reserve Aurora since I missed out on her last time!

Oh yay! More friendly faces. Glad to have you back Elysian Radiance. Can't wait to see what you do with Aurora. I'll mark the character down as your own as well. :)

Also! To everyone presently here and potentially upcoming!

I've added several small sections to the bulk of this thread. I can safely say we are no longer in the tentative interest stage, and certainly affirmed that we are now moving into the official stage of the game! We of course are still very open to newcomers as we move forward. So please don't feel pressed, nor rushed to join us! I will be continuously working away at answering any questions anyone might have for the game, as well as fine tuning, adding, and organizing all remaining game information details, that should be disclaimed.

With that said, feel free to fire away with character concepts at your leisure. I am happy to receive them in PM, or even in thread, if you prefer to share them in the more immediate circumstance, with your fellow players. I only ask that you spoiler said concepts in any posts containing them.

Finally to all returning players; if you are reusing an old concept I'd encourage you to peak into your former product for your character concept to make any new adjustments, or tweaks you might wish too. Beyond that, you may send me revised character concepts from 'Fablegrove's original character archive at any time, or you may also share them here as well! The link to the old character archives can be found: here .

Ron Don Volante

Hi Blissy!

I'd like a take two on this but I think I'd change things away from The Evil Queen to Cruela De Vil if possible!
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on February 11, 2017, 02:28:05 PM
Hi Blissy!

I'd like a take two on this but I think I'd change things away from The Evil Queen to Cruela De Vil if possible!

Absolutely!

I'd love to have you back again :D I'll mark Cruela down for you.

Edit: I've also updated the taken/tentative character interest list!

Tokyorose627

Ipoh, I would love to join! Could I ask to take the Little Mermaid? I would love to make a male version of that character!

Dhampyress

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on February 12, 2017, 05:43:50 AM
Ipoh, I would love to join! Could I ask to take the Little Mermaid? I would love to make a male version of that character!

Oh yes, absolutely! I'll mark it down for you. Welcome Tokyorose! :-)

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Blissy on February 12, 2017, 11:27:08 AM
Oh yes, absolutely! I'll mark it down for you. Welcome Tokyorose! :-)

Thanks! Just to make sure however, for pics do we use RL or Anime?

Dhampyress

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on February 12, 2017, 11:28:49 AM
Thanks! Just to make sure however, for pics do we use RL or Anime?

Real Life. However, if you would like an art reference, you may use one within the layout of four with that style of composition. Although, overall we prefer RL/Face-Claim types picture .

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Blissy on February 12, 2017, 11:32:50 AM
Real Life. However, if you would like an art reference, you may use one within the layout of four with that style of composition. Although, overall we prefer RL/Face-Claim types picture .

got it!