Divine Wars .v2 [Mythology setting, NC/Bon, possibly EX]

Started by Fragile Dreams, November 24, 2009, 04:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragile Dreams

There was a time when some of the Gods from different countries disappeared from their pantheons. People and other deities knew nothing for this stop of existence. Nobody knew where they gone and what they did, until now. This is the story where their deeds in a different plane are explained. A strange force from beyond, going by the name Nurturer, with power much greater than the gods known, kidnapped the deities from their countries and placed them in a different plane which he created. The reason? His amusement and his never-ending lust for knowledge. He will study them, read them and then he will decide who will go back home. The rules are simple, Survive by any means necessary. Subdue your opponent in any pairing or group activity and most of all, be a God.
Basically the whole story is about different good deities from the three well known mythologies, fighting against the evil deities of the same mythologies. Every god must use what he knows best, so i expect the players who will join to some reading about the characters first.

Greek pantheon: Always lustful, always desires, the sexual activities of many of the Greek gods,were questioned and marked by the other Gods. Zeus with unstable sexual urges and his addiction to pretty mortal women, always brought conflict on Olympus. Aries stealing Aphrodite from Hephaestus and Hades kidnapping Persephone, all that show how the Olympian gods were no different than common humans. Their powers mixed with their humanistic behavior, will be great assets in the “Game”.                             
Egyptian pantheon: The deep conscience on Death, makes the Egyptians gods grim and untrusty. Their belief that Death is the real life takes them away, from experiencing war and love, which exactly is the point that Nurturer took them. How they will respond in a battle of dominance and submission towards other gods? How they will fight or keep their integrity safe from their enemies?
Norse pantheon: Fearful, menacing, fierce but wise and trustfull as well, the Norse Gods depend on war and wisdom. Cold from their birth from the ice but strong as rocks, their fighting skills as well their personalities would bring a spicy flavor in the game, as well the help to their allies. What they need though is some touch of love on them. Maybe their opponents could do something for this.                                         The Evil Ones: These deities fought the other divinities through history, some of them changed sides in this upcoming battle after feeling the incompetence of the Gods, these deserters now seek to rule over the divinities and humans out of strong belief that is right.
In the "Game" they combine their forces to bring down their enemies and even they are few, they are stronger than ever since one helps the other with gifts and help in the battle pairings. Should they win, the Evil ones will return and claim the pantheons as their owns. Losing, would mean forever damnation and torment.

Summary and gameplay: Basically, is a revival from the ashes from an old Group game I wanted to start and went down the sink. The base idea is deities, fighting each other to survive through the game, which is set by an even stronger being than them. The fights, might be spellcasting, physical combat but the most important, a sexual dominance over the opponent.

In the previous game, the problem was that people found it very freeform for the scenario it has, so now I decided to change that. It will take a lot of conversation through PMs, between me and the players because technically this is how it will work:
I will be playing the planet and Nurturer, two deities start a challenge, when one of them decides to cast a spell or to attack the opponent with either physical or sexual mean. The attacker, must PM to me the desired action as well what he/she wants for the opponent to happen. Then I as the narrator and the planet, I post what is happening, either the attack was successful or fail.

Another issue we had before, was the large number of participants, both as slots and as players, it needed 22 players to fill the slots. Now it will be different, there are no slots to fill except the number of 6 players each time. Players should choose any god/goddess they want from any pantheon and then choose which side they will take, Good or Evil.  I hope there will be a good balance between the two factions so we can have some challenges. Secondly we can decide, if the challenges should be between players, or want me to choose randomly the pairings.

When the pairings are done, I will create threads for each one, so they can start the challenge, and me acting like the planet and other factors of the fight.

So that's my idea, I hope you like it and enjoy reading it, either you want to participate or not. Take care.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

DraconVentarii

This sounds like a grand time! ^_^ Thanks for thinking up this original idea, good sir!

I like the nature of the Norse gods, so I'll go with them. ^^ Since I have a fondness for wolves, I shall role-play as Fenrir, the wolf son of Loki.

I certainly hope that's alright?  ;D

PeacethatPowerbrings

Sounds great. I'd definately be interested. I'm thinking...Anubis. Hope
it works out.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Fragile Dreams

Sure, I'll add both of you up, later, welcome aboard. :)

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Transgirlenstein

I'm thinking Dionysus..a very hermaphroditiac Dionysus.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Fragile Dreams

Welcome back again Transgirlenstein. :)  Here's hoping to a better version of the game.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Fragile Dreams

So I decided to add 2 more slots in the game to have more pairings and now it's up to 8 players which means 4 pairings. So far we have 3 players, so I will make a list:

DraconVentarii as Fenrir vs (open)
PtPB as Anubis vs (Open)
Trangirlenstein as Dionysus vs (Open)
(open) vs (open)

Fragile Dreams as Narrator/Planet/ Nurturer. I hope we get more players for this.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Kitsunetsuki

I'd be interested in playing the Egyptian goddess Bast, if you will have me. ;)

I could go up against Dracon as Fenrir, if you like...or you can leave me open to fight with someone else. I'll leave that up to you (and Dracon, if he's interested).
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Fragile Dreams

Sure Dru... errr Kit welcome aboard. ;) We'll wait a bit longer to see if people are really interested in this.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Kitsunetsuki

Yay! Well, here's to hoping more people sign up then...I think it's a great idea...can't wait! ;D
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Crovonovin

Not entirely sure if I can participate, but out of curiosity, are the Evil Ones composed solely of the darker gods of each of the other presented pantheons?  Or can they be chosen from other now-defunct religions, ie: aztec culture, etcetera?

Fragile Dreams

Of course you can join Shihong. In the previous game we had, I had enlisted deities from the Hindu and Japanese pantheons, that was to have more evil guys against the many good ones. Now I would prefer if the bad guys are from the same three pantheons since they are the most known. Of course I would love to have Kali around but since I can't. ::)

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Fragile Dreams

Okay, so I decided to add the old slots back in the game, just in case we might get people to play. It will have 26 slots, and I know it might sound outrageous, but nothing is as hard as it seems. Still the pairings are on, and each time we are going to have 4 pairings fighting. When the a pairing ends the fight, then a new pairing might enter play. I hope I'm not sounding too weird. :/

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Secretwriter

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Sydonai

Quote from: White Christmas Dreams on November 28, 2009, 05:25:30 AM
Of course you can join Shihong. In the previous game we had, I had enlisted deities from the Hindu and Japanese pantheons, that was to have more evil guys against the many good ones. Now I would prefer if the bad guys are from the same three pantheons since they are the most known. Of course I would love to have Kali around but since I can't. ::)

damn! and I was just thinking of playing as Ahriman...oh well, in any case can I play as Chronos instead? a titan but still from the greek mythology

Fragile Dreams

Quote from: Sydonai on November 29, 2009, 09:16:45 PM
damn! and I was just thinking of playing as Ahriman...oh well, in any case can I play as Chronos instead? a titan but still from the greek mythology
A titan but not a God. I'm trying to keep it with major deities, because otherwise we'll have a confusion.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]