Pathfinder: Carrion Crown Adventure Path (Closed)

Started by Pockets, April 09, 2015, 02:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pockets

Setting: Golarion
Number of PCs: Four.
Level: Second
Classes: Any Pathfinder class. I’d like to aim for roughly the classical “balanced” party, although I’m okay with deviating from it a bit. Keep in mind that this game is going to have a lot of Undead. If you want to do an Archetype please ask first, there are some that I'm not too keen on because they can create headaches for me in an PbP environment.
Races: Any standard race including Aasimar, Teifling, Dhamphir, and  Skinwalkers (contact me about special heritages or trait/ability changes first)
Source Material: Anything published by Paizo. No third party resources. I don't have the money to buy more books and I don't want to have to struggle to find it.
Character Sheets: Myth-weavers.com Please and thank you. Easier to find everything since it'll all be in the same place per character.
Ability Scores: Generate using 20 point buy
HP: Full for the first two levels, then half+1 at each level afterwards.
Starting gold: 1000 gp
Character Age: 18+, or racial equivalent. No exceptions.
Alignment: Any non-evil, NO EXCEPTIONS!! That being said, everyone needs to be able to be a team player. No Holier-than-thou paladins, clerics, inquisitors, oracles, etc. No Rogue's lifting from other party members. I have a ZERO Tolerance policy on this. RP arguments happen even in the most cohesive group, but I'm not going to have someone being an asshole and ruining it for everyone.
Background: I'd like to see at least a paragraph background. Breathe some life into your character. I want to see what makes the character tick.
Traits: Everyone gets two, plus an additional campaign trait from the Carrion Crown Player’s Guide
Skills: A personality quirk of mine as a GM is that when I run a campaign everyone gets an additional skill point for every level but it MUST go into a Craft or Profession Skill.

Posting Rate: I don't expect daily posts, after all RL comes first. But if you expect to be gone longer than a day or two PM me. If you've gone longer than two days, I'll send you a PM nudge asking after you. If you haven't replied within 24 hours, I'll seek to replace you. Sorry, but given that Pathfinder games fill up pretty damned fast, I can easily replace you.

Personality: As I said above, your character needs to be trusting enough to work with others without trying to screw them over (… screw them on the other hand…). Keep a game cohesive on the boards is hard enough with characters getting sarcastic with one another. Further beyond that, your characters must be interactive. Playing a lone wolf, or someone who is not constantly contributing because its "not in character" for them to interact is neither fair nor appreciated in my games, nor to do I have much tolerance for that play style. I know that may come off as being an ass, but my overwhelming observation has been that those characters kill games and suck the fun out of it for everyone else, neither of which are scenarios I want.

Appearance: I'd like some kind of picture reference. I don't really care if it's anime, picture, or drawing though I do draw the line at Chibi.

Sexuality: This is E. Sex is going to happen I get that. But to be honest, it's not really going to be the focal point. So I'm going to ask that if you shack up with a fellow character that the two of you generate your own thread for your happy time.

Selection: I will select the characters on Sunday 04/12/15 around 1 pm EST. Please keep in mind that I may contact you at a future date even if you're not selected initially.

NOTE: Thank you to FallenDabus for the format idea. I admit to shamelessly plagarizing it but give credit where credit is due.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Dakkon

eBadger

Ghostwheel

Blinkin

I'll throw in interest with a swashbuckler, but the low starting wealth for 2nd level may be a concern... I'll try to work something up.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Angie

Lots of Undead, eh?

Ya'll mothafuckas need a Paladin o' Iomedae! I've actually been itching to play a Paladin that's maybe a bit battle-hardened (perhaps from her experiences leading from 1st to 2nd level?) and willing to accept some less-then-honorable methods, at least from her allies. Iomedae herself almost kind of endorses having a buddy that backstabs the big bad monsters, so hey, there we go.

That being said, I'm a little worried about the HP thing-does that "Half+1" also include a "+CON" that just wasn't marked down? I don't mind it I just wanna know what rules we're playing by here.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Blinkin

Questions:

Is not using mythweavers a deal breaker? It's not blind accessible and therefore, I can't use it.

Are you willing to forego, or accept someone else selecting a pic for my character? Again, not something within the reach of a blind guy.

The extra skill point; are you going to allow downtime to actually use a craft or profession skill in game? Otherwise, it seems a mute point just to give a point for a craft/profession if it's not going to come into play.

Last question. Do you mind a male playing a female? I can do either, but group games are the only place I get the option and wanted to ask. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Angie

Quote from: Blinkin on April 09, 2015, 03:38:26 PM
Questions:

Is not using mythweavers a deal breaker? It's not blind accessible and therefore, I can't use it.

Are you willing to forego, or accept someone else selecting a pic for my character? Again, not something within the reach of a blind guy.

The extra skill point; are you going to allow downtime to actually use a craft or profession skill in game? Otherwise, it seems a mute point just to give a point for a craft/profession if it's not going to come into play.

Last question. Do you mind a male playing a female? I can do either, but group games are the only place I get the option and wanted to ask. ;)

If you really wanna join, I wouldn't mind making a myth-weavers version of your sheet for the DM, if he's okay with it.

eBadger

*Nods* If nobody can help you out with that, Blinkin, then shins need to be kicked really fucking hard. 

Pockets

Yeah, I don't care if someone builds it for you using a character sheet from another location. Actually Blinkin, you can be the exception to that rule for obvious reasons. And I reserve the right to lay down the Pimp Hand of DM Doom for any naysayers.  And the starting gold will be corrected to 1000 gp.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Pockets

Quote from: Blinkin on April 09, 2015, 03:38:26 PM
Questions:

Yes, Blinkin, you can have someone else choose a picture for you if you like. Yes there will be some downtime to utilize it. ANd I don't care if you want to play a nale, female, or a Eunuch.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Blinkin

Quote from: Angiejuusan on April 09, 2015, 03:40:24 PM
If you really wanna join, I wouldn't mind making a myth-weavers version of your sheet for the DM, if he's okay with it.

If he's ok with it, I'm ok with that option. I can certainly send you the data to put into the sheet.

Another question, drawbacks? Yes/no?

I could have a character up in a couple of hours if the questions work out ok.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Pockets

I will allow Drawbacks on the caveat that you actually roleplay them. If they're just there to be a fluff point to get another Trait, then I will have to take appropriate actions.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Blinkin

Wouldn't have it any other way. The drawback actually would fall into the backstory of meeting the good doctor.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ChaoticSky

I would also like to ask if nonmythweavers is okay. I dont have a good reason though, other than OCD :-( . I like to pile all the information into one place so i never have to look at a book or double check anything, got in the habit around the table, but it followed me into the internet. Always found mythweavers so limiting and unintuitive.  You can see a example of my pathfinder template here. (dont plan to use that char, just let me know if your okay with me using that style of sheet)

*just noticed i forgot to finish writing in the details for the skills on there. Egg on me. But you get the idea.

Pockets

I want everyone to use Mythweavers unless someone can give me a site where you can store a character sheet of the same kind with direct links that I like better. I'm open to suggestions but I don't want to use formats. I want character sheets where everyone (Blinkin notwithstanding) uses the same character format so I can look in the same place and find what I'm looking for.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Angie

Hey Pockets, do you want us posting sheets and background in here? Because I'm already done. I can PM you if you prefer.

Pockets

Yeah, go ahead and post it all up here. The characters I transfer will be able to repost on the character thread.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Angie

Catarina the Serene

Though she serves the Goddess of Valor, Iomedae, Catarina's lineage actually traces back to Cayden Cailean. Ever the ladies man, Cayden has taken hundreds of Celestial lovers, who had children, and eventually, those Celestial children who bore Cayden's ancestry would take mortal lovers, and at a point in time approximately 87 years ago, Catarina was born. Mystery surrounded her birth, however-no parents could be found on the Material Plane, and no Celestial ancestor claims her as their daughter. Cayden once remarked that the circumstances of her birth neatly mirrored the circumstances of his Ascension.

Iomedae, however, looked to the future, not the past. Cayden's followers, the Starstone Brewers, had taken the child in, but Iomedae approached Cayden and requested that Catarina be given to her knights to be raised. "The child has a destiny that will shape Golarion." She told the Accidental God. Knowing Iomedae to be just as opposed to tyranny as he, and knowing her followers would raise Catarina with love, he agreed. Messages were sent in dreams to the followers of both Gods, and they met in Lastwall.

Even as a child, Catarina wished to ease the suffering of others. She was unskilled in the ways of healing, and quite the shy young girl, but the Knights of Iomedae often remarked that her mere presence made people feel at ease. Pain was dulled, sickness felt lights, and the many stresses of the world seemed a little farther away. Noting her calming presence, the Order trained Catarina in the ways of the healer in addition to the combat training all Knights of Iomedae received.

One day, when Catarina and a fellow Squire were sparring just on the outskirts of Lastwall, Professor Lorrimor emerged from behind a corner, bleeding profusely. Catarina moved quickly, commanding her sparring partner to find a Master Healer while she got to work using her tabbard as an emergency wrapping for his many wounds. The Healer arrived quickly and saved the Professor. "Thank you, so very much..." The Professor said. "Thank Catarina. Had she not been here, you would not have survived." "Then I thank you as well, Catarina."

That was many years ago, and one year ago, Catarina's training was completed, and she was officially sworn as a Knight of Iomedae. Her eyes, however, gazed off into the distance, far beyond Lastwall. She confided in her elders that she felt lost and without purpose. "I suppose we should tell you of how you came to us." One said. The half dozen elders nodded in agreement. They told Catarina of how she came to live with them. Though she had always known of her Aasimar blood, she had never been told of who her divine ancestor was, nor had she been told of Iomedae's prophecy. "As you are now a grown woman, and a Knight of Iomedae, if you believe wandering Golarion is your destiny, we will not stop you."

Though it was sad to say farewell to all those she had known from her childhood, Catarina knew her destiny lay outside of Lastwall. For a year, she wandered the world, righting wrongs and aiding the downtrodden. It is only now that a Courier has found her, giving her a summons to Ravengro. As she travels to Ravengro, on occasion, she finds herself visited by vivid dreams of her and the Goddess Iomedae fighting side by side against legions of the undead, and though she worries about her capabilities, she believes she may be finding her way to her destiny.

Personality:

She is quiet most of the time, leading many to believe she is shy and timid. This is incorrect-she simply only speaks when she must. She prefers action to words, and when she does speak, she chooses her words carefully.

In battle, she is a terrifying sight. Against creatures of evil, she will not stop until every monster is dead. However, against humanoid targets, she prefers non-lethal measures. When it comes to dispensing justice, she prefers to put criminals to work, believing that hard work rehabilitates prisoners better then stuffing them in a cold dark dungeon does.

Pockets

Not wanting to nitpick, but you're using the standard Aasimar racial build, right? If you are then you treat the Aasimar as if it were human for age, height, and weight. Making her 87 years old would make her venerable which would be -6 to Str, Dex, and Con with a +3 to Int, Wis, and Cha. If you want her to be of Elven heritage then you might need to tack on a few years.

Other than that I don't have any issues with it. But if you have access to the Ultimate Equipment book, you should look at purchasing the Paladin Kit.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Angie

Quote from: Pockets on April 09, 2015, 08:33:12 PM
Not wanting to nitpick, but you're using the standard Aasimar racial build, right? If you are then you treat the Aasimar as if it were human for age, height, and weight. Making her 87 years old would make her venerable which would be -6 to Str, Dex, and Con with a +3 to Int, Wis, and Cha. If you want her to be of Elven heritage then you might need to tack on a few years.

I used what the d20pfsrd said, which had Aasimars start at 60 years for Adulthood and then tack on +6d6 years for Paladin training time. I can adjust, however.

Pockets

I'll roll with it. I think they got that from third party source material though, because nothing I can find in Paizo stuff indicates anything like that.
08/02 - New A/A Update

eBadger

Aesa Wyrmborn
Arcanist 2

It was clear from her birth that Aesa was no ordinary girl, with her flame-bright eyes and feverish skin.  As a toddler she began playing with fire, laughing as she held her hand within a candle flame as though it merely tickled.  As a child, she began to focus her will into magic of a different, more primal form than her fellow elves trusted. 

It was not unexpected.  Years before a massive dragon had descended from the sky upon the wooded mountain enclave, great beats of its scarlet wings sending waves of ash and the stench of burnt flesh through the streets.  It demanded sacrifice, and Aesa's mother Aella was chosen as the most beautiful maiden, to be chained in the forest and left for dead as the beast instructed.  But Aella was not devoured; for months she was forced to serve the creature, which seemed to change forms as easily as clothing from beast to some half-living humanoid form.  Finally, having stolen as many riches as it could find, it departed with barely a word, leaving behind its concubine.  Aella gave birth on the remote glacial peak of the Iron Mountain; she took weeks returning to her village.  While the strange babe proved hardy, Aella never fully recovered; she perished of slow, lingering sickness during Aesa's childhood. 

The clan accepted the child as they had accepted Aella's sacrifice: stoically and honorably.  Not compassionately.  Not kindly.  They shunned her; her fellow children would tease and beat her, then blame her for their little crimes.  The girl was too different, too full of rage, anger, and her father's darkness.  For her part, Aesa held no love for the near strangers who had left her mother to her death.  She took their grudging charity as her due, served her duty as hunter and scout, devoured their knowledge with vague contempt and prepared for the day she would seek revenge against her father.  During this time she first met Professor Lorrimor; he studied her, intrigued by the story of the half-living creature in a frozen tower, and was the first besides Aesa's mother to treat her with basic dignity.  But he also enjoined her to seek patience, humility, and find a way to accept her kin.  In their last meeting for several years she spat upon him. 

With little more than her magic and clothes Aesa set out to find her father Ciamar and devour his heart.  Her first destination was Ciamar's mountain stronghold, which she knew had been left filled with books and magic.  But when she reached the freezing pinnacle she discovered it was occupied; the twin sisters claimed they had merely followed the smell of power, but gave small hints they might know more.  With the enticement of knowledge and power the sisters convinced Aesa to remain as their servant.  The irony of drudge work in the very structure where her mother had once been enslaved was not lost on Aesa. 

The sisters were not cruel at first.  Powerful witches, they taught Aesa some ways to control her power and focus her innate arcane energy.  The library likewise proved a useful resource.  It was not until the dark solstice that things turned awry.  The sisters wished to perform some ritual, a dread and powerful thing involving the sacrifice of a small pseudodragon.  The witches claimed the power they gained would help Aesa seek out her father across the slim boundaries of the planes, but when she walked outside to slit the tiny beast's throat over ancient stones the athame paused.  Aesa didn't hear the cruelty of her father in the creature's telepathic pleas but the first echo of kinship.  After an hour with the blade poised at Vareth's neck she released him, spilling her own blood instead for the ritual. 

Her substitution was not discovered until it was too late.  The cauldron and its noxious brew exploded, burning not only the sister's faces but their very souls.  Aesa, too, was changed: her magic magnified, her body rippled with fire and her eyes turned to flame as she was pulled partway across the planar boundary.  For days she writhed in agony, slowly piecing herself back together - for the most part - through inhuman fortitude, although the grip remained ever tenuous, likely to strain with her emotions. 

She awoke in a cage of cold iron.  She was left unsure if the sisters had always been evil, although it quickly became clear they had never had any information to give her, but the broken rite seemed to have scorched away all their goodness even as it had burned Aesa's soul into something purer.  Kept for two months as a pet, servant, slave and all too often as a victim, she finally learned true cruelty and turned away from it.  She would even come to think fondly of the home she'd exiled herself from.  For the witches had observed her resilience and new found power, and sought to claim it as their own whatever the cost to her.  Their next ritual saw Aesa chained across the very stone where she'd refused to sacrifice before; stripped in the freezing wind, the sisters clawed out a piece of her soul to serve as their plaything, a bauble of mysterious energy, and left her to die. 

Aesa holds memories, during that long night, of Vareth's voice, of his small claws scrabbling at the chains, but she knows that must be delusion.  Her fate was hers alone, and of her own making.  It was only when she hovered on the brink of mortality, the control so recently learned to hold herself together slipping, that she discovered a new talent.  She came apart, sparks in the wind, only to reform again a short way distant.  With grim fury, she returned to the stronghold and murdered both witches in their sleep.  Only the warmth of the orb kept her from perishing as she fled down the mountain. 

Weeks later, half dead herself, Aesa stumbled to Professor Lorrimor's stoop.  She couldn't fathom returning to her people; nor would trust strangers.  The old man's spurned kindness was a dim ray of hope, but one she clung to.  Even standing there, knocking on the dark wood planks of his door, she expected to be turned away for her vileness; but Lorrimor looked into her eyes for a long moment and wordlessly invited her in.  It was months before she could speak of the mountain, but he helped her recover in mind and body and this time, when he spoke to her of a better way, she did her best to listen. 

By then she was apprenticed to a smith; an odd choice at first, tied to dirt and labor she had once avoided, but when she sought out old Oberin to make a setting for her fist-size jewel she fell in love with the craft.  That a gnarled, scarred human could pound the impurities from a bit of ore and twist it into something lovely and useful somehow gave Aesa hope for herself.  Impressed by her childhood trick - holding a burning ember like a pebble - he gave her work, finally accepting her as apprentice.  When he moved from the city, Aesa followed, bidding the Professor a surprisingly fond farewell to learn her new craft.  She grew stronger wielding her master's enchanted hammer, and if never quite confident with the larger pieces she had a particular gift for fine jewelry and detail.  Her graduation from apprentice to smith was her proudest moment; she had expected a reply from the Professor with congratulations and eagerness for her return to the city when instead she opened the notice of his death instead.  That his last wish would include some sort of help to start her own shop was breathtaking in its tragedy. 

Physical Description:  Aesa is mostly elven, but the traces of her strange heritage sometimes surface.  Her eyes sometimes flicker with an internal flame when her emotions rage, her skin is hot to the touch, and she smells faintly of ashes and smoke even when far from her forge.  That is rarely noticed, however: most only see a pale elf, distracting in her beauty despite her rough work, with long black hair and an odd enchanted jewel she keeps constantly nearby. 

Personality:   Aesa bears the emotional scars of her abuse, is slow to trust or touch, but never meek; she is quick to stand up for herself or any others she sees needing a voice.  Unused to friends, those she does make are absolute.  She is good, but this is still new enough to her that she distrusts it.  She struggles with dark thoughts and still tends to let the ends justify the means: the law has done nothing for her, and she holds little respect for it. 

Hellfire Pendant: A small globe of pure flame wrapped in platinum filigree, the shard broken from Aesa's soul is hot to the touch.  Despite its obvious power she is able to make little use of it presently: but it radiates a comforting warmth.  (Casts Endure Elements 1/day) 

Story Trait: Subject of Study

Pockets

Badger, I'm assuming that you're taking the +1 HP option for favored class? It's the only way I can see you having 14 HP.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Chulanowa

Quote from: Pockets on April 09, 2015, 08:42:05 PM
I'll roll with it. I think they got that from third party source material though, because nothing I can find in Paizo stuff indicates anything like that.

Page 248 of the Advanced Race Guide has starting age tables; aasimar are apparently adults at 60, and then you add whatever from their class. Which is really weird, but that's what it says.

By hte way, interested. Perusing the options. I'm thinking a big meaty shoanti or a somewhat smaller, less meaty Varisian.

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

ChaoticSky

Okay! I looked at it, and apparently Mythweavers has new sheet things that dont tweak my OCD as badly as the old ones, so yay.

After the discussion in the Wrath thread, I have decided to go with a Gnome. You wanted us to ask about achetypes and alternate traits, so heres what im thinking;

The character i has in mind is a Gnome, with the Master Tinker alternate racial (Replaces Defensive Training and Hatred)

She could fit equally well as a Investigator or Alchemist, I am leaning towards the Empiricist Investigator. But I was wondering how you feel about it? The two classes seem to have almost identical 'spellcasting' capabilities, while the Alch uses a number of ranged aoe-bombs for damage and offers the Crypt Breaker which seems to be a excellent fit for this AP (does a larger die damage on undead with bombs). On the other hand, Investigators eventually get impressive bonuses to melee in the form of precision damage, is more skillmonkeyey, and knowledge skills are their bitches.  ;D

I was wondering if you had any opinion on which might go along better with the game?

eBadger

Quote from: Pockets on April 09, 2015, 08:59:14 PM
Badger, I'm assuming that you're taking the +1 HP option for favored class? It's the only way I can see you having 14 HP.
Yup, max hp 12 plus 2 favored class plus 2 trait less 2 for lousy 'I was a little bit sacrificed to an evil god' constitution. 

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Angie

Minor Alteration to the sheet, forgot to knock the 1 gp of the Waterskin off what gold I had left.

Chulanowa

Question; seeing as we're starting with 1,000 GP as-is, could there be some alternate benefit to the "On the Payroll" trait? 150 GP is pretty piddly - it's not even good as traits go.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 10, 2015, 03:27:55 AM
Question; seeing as we're starting with 1,000 GP as-is, could there be some alternate benefit to the "On the Payroll" trait? 150 GP is pretty piddly - it's not even good as traits go.

That's the one I'm taking FWIW before any changes :P

Blinkin

Name: Justin DeWinter
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Height: 5'11
Weight: 198 lbs.
Class: Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)

Physical Description:

Justin, standing a respectable 5’11, makes quite an impression between his mane of sable colored hair, bright green eyes and almost constant grin that hints at some mischief about to be revealed. A tanned complexion under a straight, almost bold nose, well formed masculine mouth and strong, square jawed chin makes him a favorites of the ladies and might, under the wide brim of his flat topped cap with it’s thick plume on his head, make him appear just a hint of the Dandy. Often dressed in well made, expensive clothing in bold colors, well fitted leather pants tucked into turned down boots and weapons belt about his trim waist certainly shows a flare for the dramatic, he none-the less manages to walk with the grace of a hunting cat, each step almost a dance all by itself… the swagger of a man who knows that he’s dangerous and willing to commit mayhem if it’s called for.

His wide shoulders and well formed arms are the result of good, honest work. His broad chest narrows in a V to a trim waist and the hips of a dancer with long, well muscled legs.

Personality:

Justin never lacks for something to say, usually witty and perhaps just a little insulting, but that’s only to his opponents. A fairly happy-go-lucky man, Justin is everything that a swashbuckler should be, urbane, polite, and loves a good duel. While he might plan to kill a man tomorrow, there’s no reason why he can’t sit down and have a drink with the man for some banter and piffy interchanges the day before. As long as the rules of etiquette are followed, he’ll even buy the drink. But, when the time calls for seriousness… well, he’s probably not the guy to look toward.  He’s not lazy, or doesn’t take things seriously, he just doesn’t want to look like he is. But, when the decks are awash with blood and the sails are flapping in the dead air, he’s the man you want at your back.

History:

Justin DeWinter was born to prosperous merchants who traveled extensively, doing the business of trade that was the lifes-blood of the family. Once Justin was old enough to travel with them, meaning that he could be carried without an alarming amount of care, Justin went along for the ride. Even at the very early age of 2 years old, Justin loved the sea and ships. He would sleep through the worst storm and had his sea legs before he had learned to run… so his favorite times where when they traveled by water and vastly preferred it to his times on land.

Unfortunately, when Justin was less than 5 years old, he was found alone in the ship’s longboat, dehydrated and near death from exposure. The fate of the vessel that he and his parents had been on, or the crew was never discovered. As Justin only knew his age, and had no memory of the events that led to him being alone in the boat, he was returned to his grandparents, who took over the merchant house and sent him off to learn about such things as economics, diplomacy and such.

Justin disappointed his grandfather however, when he took the first opportunity to go back to sea and learn the arts of sailing, swordplay and adventure. Although he spent many years at sea, eventually, all good things must come to an end and eventually Justin found himself back on land, not particularly happy and looking for an income… he refused to return to the bordom of the family business.

Justin fell into an opportunity with a small mercenary band, not always a good fit because he required the others to take on jobs based on more than who can pay their rates… they had to meet his requirements that the cause was right and at least reasonably just in it’s outcome. Since then, he’s been relatively happy fighting, wenching and being who he was meant to be… a pain in the arse of anyone who doesn’t like him… as hard as that might be to understand… the liking him, not the pain, that is.

It was while Justin was returning from a previous engagement as a caravan guard that he came across the good professor being harassed by some highwaymen. Never the one to pass up a good fight, nor leave a man (or woman) to the tender mercies of villains, he ran into the fray and through luck and skill, chased off the men set on mayhem. With the old man safe and uninjured, Justin struck up a conversation and the rest is, as they say, very fasenating history.

Recently, Justin has received a message requesting his presence, and he has set out to travel to the town of his friend’s home.

Mythweavers sheet
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Pockets

Quote from: Darkling on April 09, 2015, 10:17:08 PM
Okay! I looked at it, and apparently Mythweavers has new sheet things that dont tweak my OCD as badly as the old ones, so yay.

After the discussion in the Wrath thread, I have decided to go with a Gnome. You wanted us to ask about achetypes and alternate traits, so heres what im thinking;

The character i has in mind is a Gnome, with the Master Tinker alternate racial (Replaces Defensive Training and Hatred)

She could fit equally well as a Investigator or Alchemist, I am leaning towards the Empiricist Investigator. But I was wondering how you feel about it? The two classes seem to have almost identical 'spellcasting' capabilities, while the Alch uses a number of ranged aoe-bombs for damage and offers the Crypt Breaker which seems to be a excellent fit for this AP (does a larger die damage on undead with bombs). On the other hand, Investigators eventually get impressive bonuses to melee in the form of precision damage, is more skillmonkeyey, and knowledge skills are their bitches.  ;D

I was wondering if you had any opinion on which might go along better with the game?

I’m fine with taking the Master Tinker racial modifier as long as you’re not trying to abuse it.

As far as the archetypes that you’ve asked about, I’m fine with both of them. As far as advise is concerned, not going to bias anything or anyone to anything. So just play what you want.

Quote from: Muse on April 09, 2015, 10:51:12 PM
  *pounce* 

Am I too late? 

Only if you want to be. Character selection is Sunday 04/12/15 at about 1 pm EST.

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 10, 2015, 03:27:55 AM

Well for a first level character that trait is really nice, but no I can’t offer you a new perk to it. Traits are something I’m still learning how to design so they’re not unbalanced.

Quote from: Blinkin on April 10, 2015, 05:41:28 AM
If the Inspired Blade archetype isn't acceptible, I'll drop the archetype, but it's the iconic swashbuckler, to me.

No Blinkin, you’re fine. As far as Archetypes go, I think that’s one that truly is Iconic. Run with it.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Ghostwheel

Name: Tyrandir

Class: Arcanist (School Savant (Evocation: Admixture) Archetype)

The citizens of Ustalav distrusted, and even feared magic to an extent in all its forms, though there was one among their number whose curiosity pushed him every farther towards the most arcane of practices to wield the very forces of creation and shape reality in his hands.

But this story is not one of endings, but rather beginnings. And Tyrandir's beginning was of no great importance. Villages dotted the landscape of Ustalav, and this one which we peer upon is no different, except that a portentous event is about to take place. Professor Petros Lorrimor was on a journey, as he was want, and the village seemed inviting--at least, as much as any in Ustalav can be. After introducing himself, he was greeted warmly, for many knew of his fame as a scholar, teacher, and explorer, and many mothers pushed their children to the forefront at his approach, hoping for a better life for them by having them join with the great scholar and study at one of the magnificent universities throughout the Inner Sea. And seldomly he took these offered children with him, but usually he would simply shake his head with a sad smile and would receive hospitality in exchange for a few small coins.

Such was the case here... until the youngest boy was brought out. Tyrandir, named after some archangel, or perhaps simply because his mother enjoyed the sound of the name, was a runt compared to the rough and tumble of his brothers and sisters, but had a marvelous gift; he could read, and at a young age. Most houses in Ustalav had a copy of the Almanac, though it saw more use as a replacement for toilet paper than anything more, but the grubby copy which Tyr had in one hand, and could read from expertly, was a wonder to the older man.

It was soon decided that Tyrandir would go to learn at a proper school away from his village. There he would learn his letters and numbers, languages and sums, and understand what it meant to be a proper gentleman. It would also be the last time he would ever see his family, or even his village. Years passed by, and when Tyrandir was in his late teens he received word that his village had been attacked by the unseelie fey, evil fairies that were alien to such an extent that their actions were all but meaningless to mortals.

Tyrandir dropped everything and ran to help his village, but too late. His family was gone. The homes that had stood for decades untold were likewise gone, burned to the ground in what was later found to be an oil fire. This experience changed Tyrandir forever. He began to see danger everywhere and distrusted any who did not prove themselves to be of Ustalav heritage, unable to be certain that they were not simply faeries in disguise.

During his travels he learned the value of magic. Searing fire, crackling lightning, sizzling acid, and his favorite, freezing cold, were all elements that could be harnessed with the right formula. And each of them was a balm to his ears as everything unnatural and warped that harmed the people of Ustalav which stood in his way was brought down. He remained in contact with Professor Lorrimor, and often accompanied the professor on some of the more dangerous adventures as a deterrent to bandits who often fled at the sight of pure energy flying through the air, just as superstitious as most of the region's inhabitants. He probably would have been run out of more than one village for his ability to wield magic were it not for his obvious heritage as "one of them".

It has been a few years since then, and Tyrandir has for the most part mellowed out. He had met people on his travels that proved to him that not every traveller was an enemy or a faerie in disguise, but nevertheless he remains wary of those who do not share his own traditions, or those of the land, just as the majority of the citizens do. Still, he is willing to work together with those whose purpose matches his own, and especially those who have some connection to Professor Lorrimor, the man who saved him from a life behind a plow. Upon hearing of the old man's final fate, he quickly rushed to Ravengro, resolved to do whatever he could... and at the very least, pay his respects to the dead.

Appearance:

In a heavy shirt and vest festooned with various bits and bobbles meant to facilitate his magic, Tyrandir stands at around average height and is more slim than heavy. His light auburn hair, almost to a shade of red, virtually glows in firelight and especially when he uses some of his more flashy spells, flinging about fire or ice. He tends to walk with a sure air, though at the same time he tends to act cautiously when presented with new information, especially information that runs contrary to what he thinks he already knows and gains a strange, confused look on his face during such occasions. He prefers colors cut of blue fabric, as he favors spells that conjure frost into the very air, and finds the connection fitting. Spectacles adorn his face, behind which quiet green eyes watch the world turn, judging silently and deciding when best and how to use his abilities.

Personality:

While he is friendly almost immediately to those whom he knows have a connection to the late Professor, Tyrandir has also experienced the strange ways that the creatures of Ustalav can fake the appearance of others, and tends to be suspicious of complete strangers, and absolutely so of those who are obviously not native to Ustalav--not that this is absolutely surprising, as many of the Ustalav's citizens feel this way, and are even more fervent in their attempts to run outsiders from their midst. With that said, he warms easily to others, and is not angered quickly, preferring the company of those who would shield him from the dangers of the world as he knows all too well how very fragile he is, and how easily his existence could be snuffed out.

Other concepts:

Nessalthax, Kobold Gunmage
Class: Gunslinger (Bushwacker) / Magus (Myrmidarch)

Professor Lorrimor spent much time travelling the different ways and paths of Ustalav, and one such adventure took him to a kobold lair where the evil creatures were under the thrall of an evil green dragon. The kobolds, who had previously kept to themselves much of the time, had been forced into raids by the dragon that they worshipped, and had begun to raze the nearby farms who had sent out a cry for help. It was Professor Lorrimor that answered that cry, and he single-handedly slew the dragon. The kobolds, afraid of his might, agreed not to raid the nearby farms, but one came forward. Nessalthax had been gripped by wanderlust at a young age, and begged the professor to join him on his journey. It took some time to convince him, but finally Nessalthax joined the professor and, under his aegis, made his way to a large city. There he learned many things, but he took best to gunpowder and magic, and sought to combine the two. Years passed, and hearing of the old man's death he went to Ravengro to lay the Professor to rest.

Ferazin, Half-Elf Archer
Class: Monk (Zen Archer)

Ustalav, while not big on monasteries, is filled with trappers and hunters of all kinds who daily forage and kill prey in order to feed their families, and sometimes there are competitions where people show off their skills, and special schools to train people in order to have the ability to take home various awards. Ferazin was studying under the masters of one such school when Professor Lorrimor came calling, wanting to see the famed skill of the bowmasters. Ferazin, still young, did acceptably well with the bow, and said something about wishing to see the wide world. At that, Professor Lorrimor smiled kindly and said that once the lad came of age, he would consider the request to come along. Time passed, and Ferazin finally became a journeyman in that trade. He travelled with Professor Lorrimor for a time, just as promised, and after more months had passed he returned to the school, intent on honing his skills. It was then that word came to him of the Professor's death, and he came to Ravengro to do what he could.

Dimitri, Half-Elf Feytaken
Class: Summoner (Wild Caller)

Dimitri was a plain boy growing up, and just as most boys did, he enjoyed romping about in the woods. One time, however, he got himself lost. The woods he had known like the back of his hand appeared weird and twisted. Then a beautiful woman came to him, and agreed to lead him safely home if he would make a pact with her. He agreed, and during their time together she told him tales of a wonderful man named Professor Lorrimor, and about his adventures. Dimitri forgot all about the woman once he got home, but the stories stuck with him, and when he was older he went in search of the Professor, and joined him on a few of his journeys. Time passed, and the two left each other's company, until one day when Dimitri found himself standing in the eery wood once more. The woman appeared before him, told him of the Professor's death, and invoked the pact, binding their spirits together and placing him under an imperative, to investigate the old man's death. Dimitri left then, motivated both internally, and by the woman's binding, to Ravengro to see what he might find.

Evgeni, Human Holy Slayer
Class: Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer)

The land of Ustalav still shakes from the remains left by the Whispering Tyrant. People remain huddled within their homes as monsters occasionally wander the countryside. It is human nature though, to rise and find for what is good and right. Evgeni was one such soul, and from a young age he studied the creatures that moved and tore through villages, learning their tricks and how to defeat them. One such occurrence almost ended fatally, though. Evgeni had been tracking the swamp troll that had near destroyed a village before limping away to lick its wounds. He was certain he was ready; flasks of acid and alchemist's fire lined his belt, and he had a longspear to keep it at bay while twin cestuses covered both hands in case it got close enough that he could pummel it down. At first it worked perfectly, and he was able to nail it with a flask of acid before it charged him. But then things went horribly wrong. It got cold, clammy fingers around his neck before he could do more than scream, and he could feel his vision going black. Moments later, the troll shuddered and was rolled off of him. Someone had saved him. That was Professor Lorrimor, and Evgeni knew that he owed the Professor his life. The two went their separate ways after trading stories, and it was some time before Evgeni heard of the Professor's death. Knowing he had to make his final peace with the old man, and he traveled to Ravengro do just that.

(If one of these is chosen, will expand the background further, add a picture and character sheet, etc)

Blinkin

In case it wasn't clear, I'm going with the Chance Savior trait for Justin. It seemed like the best fit and complimented the Over-protective drawback as he wouldn't leave the old man once he moved in to help him.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ChaoticSky

Final question, would you preferr i paid the normal price for gear i self-crafted or do i get the half-cost did-it-yourself-discount?

Obviously, we get stuff for half in-game if we make it ourselves, but i was wondering if you might preferr i pay it straight at chargen?

(my sword and probably a bunch of potions, if your wondering)

Pockets

It's actually 1/3 of the cost if you do it yourself. And you can only do this for one item.

For those of you who have already made your characters, if you want to go back and adjust the price for one item you can use the Craft/Profession skill to make you can.
08/02 - New A/A Update

ChaoticSky

Huh! Right you are, wonder why i thought it was half.

Ghostwheel

Magic items are at one-half the cost, mundane crafted items are at 1/3 the cost, I think that's where the confusion was :-)

Blinkin

The smart money savers usually go for armor over weapon, although I went for the weapon.

Mithral chain shirt cost a mere 366 GP, 6 Silver and 7 CP when you craft it yourself. That's a hell of a savings.

As it is, a MW rapier is just a little over 100 GP... shame that I couldn't find a special material that would work against ghost.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

eBadger

Quote from: Pockets on April 10, 2015, 10:30:39 AM
It's actually 1/3 of the cost if you do it yourself. And you can only do this for one item.

For those of you who have already made your characters, if you want to go back and adjust the price for one item you can use the Craft/Profession skill to make you can.

Yay, cheap jewelry means my crossbow becomes a real bow!  And sorted out the final odds of bits of gear. 

...and it says something that the jewelry was a higher priority. 

Pockets

I have been asked if a person can post more than one concept. I'm going to say yes. This does not mean you'll have a better chance of being selected because I'm not choosing solely on roles.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Angie

I am so tempted to drop the Banded Mail and go for Full Plate instead...I might just do that since I DID take Armorsmith...

ChaoticSky

Siri
Empiricist Investigator 2

History
Siri is a most particular individual, which is to say, shes a Gnome. Like most Gnomes, Siri engages with life in a constant search for the new and interesting, so as to stave off the Bleaching that can claim gnomes who live overly stagnant lives. The methods for this are as varied as the Gnomes themselves, but in Siri's case, she chose to peruse the path of the mind. Already possessed of a keen mind, she absorbed all that she could; as a child she listened to the tales of her elders, the sights they had seen and the places that they had been, as a teen she spent her time anywhere with reading material, and as a adult she wandered from one house of leaning to another. And to this day her passion for learning new things is unabated, or indeed, any less enthusiastic.

This is not to say that she is a empty headed academic. Siri has traveled far in her life, and has well learned the necessity of defending ones self. To this end she has learned the smith's craft, at leased as far as creating weapons goes, and spent many a hour creating, experimenting with, and eventually discarding a long procession of blades, before finally settling on the Estoc. A heavy, brutal cousin of the Rapier, its length is excellent for challenging larger foes while the triangular form and weight allow it to punch through armour, meaning she has to rely less on her typically low strength. She supplements her blade with the arts of Alchemy, though she is only yet a novice at the craft, she expects her growing skills will pay dividends one day.

Likewise, there is more to Siri's life than the pursuit of knowledge. Evermindful of the threat of Bleaching, she makes great effort to broaden her horizons. Though it may be almost impossible ot pry her off a new tome, in between her manic bouts of study she takes time to visit schools of alchemy and swordsmanship to master her twin crafts, occasionally works as a swordsmith and/or scribe, and has cultivated the skills of a talent conversationalist. Which of course, leads her into all sorts of interesting encounters. Its all about knowing what to say and how to say it.

It was with some sadness that she heard of the death of Professor Lorrimor, The man had taken her underwing a few years back and introduced her to to the arts of Alchemy while visiting a university that Siri was attending. He had appreciated her sharp mind and offered to teach her how to put that intellect to good use as a true Alchemist, rather than a mere dabbler. The man had even watched over the creation of her first Extract and they had toasted with polypurpose panaceas. It was rather more shocking from Siri's point of view that he had named her in his will, but she did not hesitate to sent out to her once-mentor's homeland to see his last will through.

Besides, she had never been to Ustalav. How bad could it be?

Personality
Siri is a complicated individual, she comes off little different than most gnomes; friendly, energetic, and spontaneous to the point of aggravating... when she isnt obsessing over the newest thing that has captured her attention.

However things are not always as they seem; Siri spent many years of her life reading and learning while others were out playing and interacting with each other, as a result she has grown up to be rather poorly socialized and often had difficulty simply interacting with people. By the time she realized that it was important to have people in her life, she was too hopelessly awkward and sandoffish to form relationships easily. As with many things however she developed a solution to the problem using her powerful intellect instead. Nowadays Siri is widely regarded as a charming and unusually stable individual, especially for a Gnome, but her social talents are more the result reading and emulating social cues, rather than innate empathy. While she is painfully aware that shes doing the 'charming psychopath' thing, she is not herself a psychopath and simply a socially awkward individual who is using her intellect to compensate. While this may be manipulative, Siri considers it vastly superior to being lonely, and primarily uses her skills to engage with individuals for work or pleasure and has left a string of colleagues with good opinions of her both personally and professionally. To say nothing of her personal conquests, which have been universally short term but often very amicable. She works hard not to leave ill will in her wake.

The flipside to all of this of course, is what happens when she stops acting. Rare though it is; she rarely gets angry as she is too cerebral to give into emotion easily, rather such lapses usually occur when shes caught up in something that demands all her attention. She simply stops pretending to be a nice, charming person and operates with the cool, obsessive precision that is her natural state. Shes not cruel but simply too focused to bother with social niceties, none the less, the shift can be extremely jarring for those who are more used to her friendly persona.

Chulanowa

Darkling... i love that you made an investigator named siri.

Ghostwheel

ChaoticSky

*tries to figure out reference*
*goes to look it up*

Huh, neat. I dont even use apple.

Bibliophilia

Name: Aelys Wimpenny
Class: Slayer 2
Race: Half-Elf
Background Trait: Subject of Study
Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=159096

Concept: Aelys was a proper young lady, brought up by one of the noble houses of Ustalav, raised in a dark and foreboding castle full of secrets.  She is prone to fits of restlessness and curiosity, but is quite good at quietly stalking her prey with the single-mindedness of a cat on the prowl.  Her breeding has made her very good with social interaction and etiquette, but her training has added a level of intrigue to her interplay.  She can be seen as somewhat unpredictable, her personality shifting from the well-bred socialite to the cold-blooded hunter as easily as breathing.

Character Information
Personality: Aelys is a master of disguise, and this extends to her personality.  She can sit and drink tea with the crustiest of upper crusts, or stalk a vile beast through the mud and filth without batting an eye.  She is pleasant enough company, if one can bear up against the inevitable onslaught of questions, and quite graciously accepts other people's personal boundaries.  Still, her desire to understand everything makes her somewhat tedious at times, leading her to probe at her companions until they either grow exasperated and tell her to stop, or they exhaust their life histories.  She is constantly fighting the urge to search through things that don't belong to her, and takes undue pleasure in searching...and sometimes dissecting, the bodies of her kills.

Description: Aelys has not shed the refinement of her youth, and dresses in a way that might seem unexpected of someone with her skill set.  Her fluffy clothing is, nevertheless, tailored in a way to allow her a full range of motion and a streamlined silhouette, so that she can blend into the shadows and easily hide behind cover.  Her thick, silky black hair is cut into heavy, blunt bangs and held back at either side of her head to prevent it getting into her grey eyes.  She stands at 5'3" tall and her slender form is graced with soft curves, making her easy to dismiss as an opponent.  Which works precisely to her advantage.

Background: Aelys was the second daughter of Troun and Elspeth Wimpenny, a noble family of Ustalav centered in the capital city of Caliphas.  She was raised to be a proper noble woman, with training in etiquette, singing, fashion and studies which might lend to her conversational skills.  She was quite content, for the most part, with her strange, yet pampered lifestyle, though she often wondered about the lives of those beyond the walls of the castle.  She knew that their town was not like other places in Golarion, and that many young women's studies did not include archery training or lessons on the undead.  Nor did their homes contain so many places where holy water and silver weapons were squirreled away.

When Aelys was ten years old, she woke to the sound of fighting and screams, terror sizzling in her veins as she tried to figure out what was happening.  Rather than hiding, as she'd been taught, Aelys rushed from her room and down the hall toward her parents and sister's rooms, crying their names foolishly.  When she reached her older sister's bedroom, she was confronted by the sight of her sister's mauled body.  Her blood seemed to cover ever surface and her limbs had been tossed about the place.  Standing over her, its head buried in the remains of her sister's torso, was a lycanthrope with its filthy fur matted and dripping her sister's blood.  It heard Aelys's gasp and whimper of despair, and turned to her with blood lust and madness shining in its eyes.

Aelys froze for a moment, then ran, racing down the hall and back toward her own bedroom, hearing the click of claws on the stone behind her as the beast gave chase.  Instinctively, she feinted at the intersection and sent the beast careening head-first into a stone wall as it tried to correct its momentum.  This stroke of luck, and a little genius, gave her just enough time to reach her room and slam and bar the heavy wooden door behind her.  Even as the beast mindlessly crashed into the door, ramming it over and over in an attempt to break it down, Aelys fetched her bow and arrows from beneath her bed.  The arrows were tipped with silver, and there was a secret hidden beneath her bed that would serve her well.  When the door crashed in and the lycan burst into her room, Aelys was ready for him, standing tall behind her bed with an arrow knocked and pointed at the door.  With no hesitation, Aelys took aim and let the arrow fly, sending the silver tip straight through the left eye of the beast.

As it roared and batted at the curious thing suddenly jutting from its face, Aelys took the opportunity to drop down and slide beneath her bed.  She rolled into the niche that had been carved into the stone floor and began to slither nimbly through the tunnel it led to.  Behind her, the beast raged and tore apart her room in anger over its lost quarry, and the pain of its wound, but Aelys found herself smiling.  She knew that once she was away, she would grieve deeply for the loss of her family, but in that moment she was elated by her besting of the creature.  She thought that if she could do that the rest of her life, she might find peace and even happiness.  Besides, it was far more enjoyable than taking tea and making polite conversation, especially now that she knew exactly what horrors existed in the world.

Still working on her sheet a touch, but she's largely complete. Done!

Pockets

Quote from: Angiejuusan on April 09, 2015, 03:32:12 PM
That being said, I'm a little worried about the HP thing-does that "Half+1" also include a "+CON" that just wasn't marked down? I don't mind it I just wanna know what rules we're playing by here.

Yes, it's half your HD +1 +Con. Also Angie, I'm not seeing any feats on your character sheet. Am I missing something? Or did you forget to list them?
08/02 - New A/A Update

ChaoticSky

Added the personality, and eyed the sheet over, its now done.. as far as i know.  :o

Pockets

So I've started reviewing the characters and have noticed a decided lack of something.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Bibliophilia

Would a MW Cold Iron Shortsword be 320 gp, or 620 gp?  Does the doubling for the cold iron apply prior to the MW cost addition, or after?

Or does MW count as a magical enhancement for the purpose of determining the cost of the Cold Iron?

Aha!  Nevermind, I found the MW Cold Iron Longsword, and that answered all my questions.

Purple Dusk

Quote from: Pockets on April 11, 2015, 10:05:14 AM
So I've started reviewing the characters and have noticed a decided lack of something.
Holy power and healing?  I'd like to supply an Oracle character if it isn't too late.

ChaoticSky

Well, assuming they are chosen, we have a paladin, which is probably one of the more-effective healers in the game, next only to clerics and life oracles. At level3 ill beable to whip up cure extracts that can be used by other people, so thats probably 1-2 cure spells a day on my end, and more as i level. Ill probably also invest in potion creation to some degree.

There arnt any full divine casters in here though. Or nature-types for that matter, i have the Knowledge skill, but they can be pretty useful at times too.

Pockets

It's not too late Purple Dusk, though the deadline is tomorrow morning.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Ghostwheel

For what it's worth, my character can supply 40 HP of healing on a daily basis.

Muse

Heh.  :)  I've just started building a cleric.  :) 

If there's any other big party holes I can try and fill one of them instead. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MasterMischief

For what it is worth, I have been following this thread and had two concepts I was ready to pitch.  Too many distractions kept me from building back stories I was satisfied with.  I just wanted you to know, Pockets, there may have been even more interest in this thread that has kept silent.

Pockets

Well it is based off selection, not first come first served. Depending on interest, I might run another AP. *Ponders the Giantslayer AP*
08/02 - New A/A Update

Angie

Quote from: Pockets on April 11, 2015, 09:21:33 AM
Yes, it's half your HD +1 +Con. Also Angie, I'm not seeing any feats on your character sheet. Am I missing something? Or did you forget to list them?

You are not missing anything, I am dumb and didn't pick one.

EDIT: I added Shield Focus and changed my armor to be Masterwork Full Plate, which bumps my AC up to 23. Good luck hitting me.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Pockets on April 11, 2015, 01:08:38 PM
Well it is based off selection, not first come first served. Depending on interest, I might run another AP. *Ponders the Giantslayer AP*

Oh I would be interested in that as well.

Bibliophilia

MasterMischief

Hello, Bibliophilia!  Good luck in the selection process.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Pockets on April 11, 2015, 01:08:38 PM

...well, if you beat me to it...  ;D

By the by, wanted to ask - would a Changeling be an option for race? I mean this is the AP that introduced them, and everything...

Pockets

I would have to look into it. I haven't decided if I'm going to do another AP yet or not.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Chulanowa

Muse

Does anyone have a link to where I can download the adventure path's player's guide? 

Arindalise "Rindi" Meadows

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

Ghostwheel

ChaoticSky

Pockets

As an FYI, those who don't have a background and Description (Appearance and Personality) listed on their character should really get on it.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Blinkin

I think that the only things that I'm missing are a pic and a mythweavers character sheet.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Did i put those in the right place?  I haven't used Myth Weavers in a while, and aren't sure whether or not they'er showing up. 

Angie

Quote from: Pockets on April 11, 2015, 05:28:44 PM
As an FYI, those who don't have a background and Description (Appearance and Personality) listed on their character should really get on it.

Added to my sheet.

Quote from: Blinkin on April 11, 2015, 05:30:51 PM
I think that the only things that I'm missing are a pic and a mythweavers character sheet.

I sent Pockets the myth-weavers one I made, want me to also send you the link?

Pockets

Put the background and description of your character here on the forums. I just wanted the crunch on the character sheet.

And Blinkin, I have a Mythweavers for you as well as the one you sent. And if you are selected, we'll worry about a picture then.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Angie

Quote from: Pockets on April 11, 2015, 05:52:04 PM
Put the background and description of your character here on the forums. I just wanted the crunch on the character sheet.

And Blinkin, I have a Mythweavers for you as well as the one you sent. And if you are selected, we'll worry about a picture then.

Oh, well, then that's taken care of. I'll add personality to the post about Catarina.

Muse

I hope I can remember to copy them out when I get home. 

Purple Dusk

And he's finally ready for the approval process!  Hope he's useful.

ALDEN KORVIS
Oracle of Ancestors
ANDEL KORVIS
Alignment: Neutral Good
Languages: Common, Celestial, Necril, Varisian
Traits: Empyreal Focus, Irrepressible; Campaign Trait: Chance Saviour

PERSONALITY
Andel can be described as a very easy going person who has occasional pensive moments.  First and foremost, as a devotee of an empyreal lord, Andel is a peacemaker who will at least try to diffuse a situation before it devolves into fighting.  Humans have a tendency to look up to him and so he deals with the most, though he has absolutely no issue with other races, and always does his best to be friendly.  As a devotee of Arshea, he is possessed of a very sensual side that shines in all his actions, though he doesn't force matters to those who aren't interested or receptive (which would be contrary to his teachings).

In an community, Alden tries to make it a better place if he can.  If he thinks he can find a sympathetic ear (or ears) he'll happily expound the virtues and freedoms of Arshea's teachings, usually through florid story telling (a.k.a. Perform [oratory]).  Amongst friends, he does his best to look out for their well-being and offers his opinion when asked.  Forceful displays against another always offend him and it's one of the few instances he'll intervene without forethought.

EARLY HISTORY
Andel was the fourth son amongst seven other siblings, born to simple parents of a wandering nomads.  With an unremarkable early childhood, changes in Andel's life began at puberty begin with startling change in eye colour from dark to violet.  Although unusual, his vibrant personality and charming manner helped keep people at ease.  As he grew into teenager, he proved remarkably strong for his build and so began to find that he was pushed towards helping with the caravan's smith, which though he had little interest did so to keep his parents happy.

By the time he was eighteen, it was becoming apparent that something was different about Alden - even his brother, born a year later, was beginning to look older than he, who had somehow still remained as boy in his early teens.  Some more years went by and all around him, friends and family were leaving him behind, getting older.  People began to talk, leaving Andel to feel alone like he never had been in his life.  It was Andel's great uncle who eventually put together what the boy might - a more studious and devout man than most others in the clan, he realised that a trace of celestial blood must have resurfaced in the youth.

His uncle then went on to educate Andel in a bit of family history, detailing a lineage that dated all the way, over 800 years to the time when the Shinning Crusade took up arms against the Whispering Tyrant, Tar-Baphon.  Andel's side of the family had been descended from an angel fighting alongside the crusaders, though over time, the bloodline had thinned greatly and Andel was the first in a long while to show it.  Though still feeling alienated, Andel took some comfort in the knowledge, though life didn't become any easier because of it.  Everyone he knew was starting to show the infirmities of age; everyone except him.

When it all finally became unbearable, he took some of his belongings and left, making his way west, plying his talents at smithing and occasionally as hired muscle.  Time seemed to go by in a blur without Andel really paying attention to it as months became years, and years decades.  It had been a long journey, but at last he had seemed to reach adulthood, at which point he decided to go and find his family.  Of course by then, nearly forty years had gone by and the caravan he came to wasn't one he recognised anymore.  Whilst his younger brothers and sisters (now seemingly much older) offered him a place back amongst them, Andel was at his lowest, wondering just what he had done with his life and really could not bear to stay, though he tried for a while.

FINDING HIS PATH
Whilst wandering the woods near the caravan in contemplation, Alden was galvanised by cries for help.  Running as fast as he could, he came upon sight of an old man pinned beneath a fallen tree and about to be made a meal of by an opportunistic wolf.  Not taking the time to think matters through, he leapt in, sword in hand, and did all he could to drive the animal back, mumbling desperate prayers beneath his breath.  Somehow, against all odds, he managed to strike down the ravenous beast at which point he realised he had no idea where the sword had come from.  Tossing it away in shock, he was more bewildered to see it disintegrate a flash of blue fire a few moments later.  Before then, he had never held a sword in his life.

The old man's cries quickly reminded him why he was here and he managed to heave the heavy trunk from the man's bruised legs.  The wounds were bad and Andel mumbled prayers, wondering how to get this man back before more wolves came along, but even as he looked, the wounds were disappearing under his very touch.  The man turned out to be Professor Lorrimor and thanked him profusely for the timely rescue.  At camp that night, whilst the professor regaled his tales and exploits, Andel slept fitfully as he dreamed.

He immediately understood that he was seeing his angelic ancestor during the Shinning Crusade against the Whispering Tyrant.  Shockingly, despite the hordes of undead all around, the angel turned to speak to him as calmly as though they had all the time in the world.  Andel learned a lot that night, including how his ancestor angel was a lieutenant of Arshea, who had sent forces to see that humanity was not enslaved by the Whispering Tyrant.  He also learned that the later descendants of his family had chosen to abandon the watch on Tar-Baphon's prison in favour of a life of ease, betraying the pledge they had made.  When he awoke in the morning, Andel was a changed man, finally firm in resolution for the first time in his life.

After the professor left, Andel began to explore the newly awakened powers he had obtained, but by returning to the path of forefathers, the unquiet spirits of those who had betrayed their pledge also began to haunt him.  Nonplussed, Alden waited for a sign as to what he should do next, a sign that seemingly arrived nearly a year later in the form of a letter from Professor Lorrimor.

Pockets

After giving it some thought, I will be closing this thread to any future interest at 10 PM EST. The reason for this is that there are a lot of interesting characters that I have to choose from and in all honesty it's going to be hard to choose just FOUR. So if you're hanging back toying with ideas, now would be the time to get them out there.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Chulanowa

Yikes. I'm on Pacific, so that's... kind of a rush!  :-\

Angie

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 11, 2015, 07:43:38 PM
Yikes. I'm on Pacific, so that's... kind of a rush!  :-\

You have an hour. Good luck.

EDIT: I can't time.

Anon315

I was planning to do this tonight, but apparently I do only have an hour. Alas. International Table Top Game Day took up the majority of my day off. I will attempt to complete within the next hour, though it shant be as marvelous as it would otherwise have been (Had the next several hours slotted solely for this.)

Pockets

An 1:13 actually. Chulanowa and Anon315 put up your concept, background, description, and what not up now and as long as you have the Myth-weavers character sheet up by noon EST tomorrow, I'll consider your characters as having been in under the wire.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Anon315

Curt Ossel
Human Bloodrager (Blood Conduit)

Background: Curt has always been rather large. He was a large child, he grew into a very large adult. People occasionally joked that his mother must have bedded an ogre or any of a number of other creatures that would likely have created an even larger child. Curt is decidedly human, though there are always questions. The truth however may be even stranger, as somewhere in his ancestry is apparently the blood of dragons which took hold of him at a young age. Being possessed of a singular will and nature, he began fighting. Fighting other people, fighting monsters, fighting pretty much anything that he would get paid to fight. A big man, he was never afraid of a fight. Well that is, he was never afraid of a fight he expected. You know, the sort that happens in a bar when someone mouths off or when you're getting paid to do it. Those are the normal sorts of fights. One day walking town to town, as you had to do when you lost and didn't get paid, Curt was surprised to find a child sitting alone by the side of the road. Mean though he might be, he wasn't inhuman and so offered to escort the child to the next city. Wouldn't you know it, though, the child was in fact a creature merely disguising itself as a child. It tried to bite the hand that Curt had offered, stripping the flesh nearly to the bone. Rather than succumbing to the excruciating pain that was inflicted, the blood awoke in Curt and he clawed the little monster into gooey chunks left by the roadside. Whatever it had been, it didn't look like that any more once Curt was finished with it.

This is where the good professor comes in. The professor had finished giving a speech somewhere or other and by chance was lecturing another individual. That individual being the closest thing to a healer that the town had, Curt walked in with a claw and a gnarled bit of bone, sinew, and muscle. The professor was curious and once patched up Curt was more than happy to share the tale. Apparently it was called a "Cannibal Child", some sort of undead threat that wasn't remotely uncommon to the area. The professor studied the wound which was still rather gruesome though it didn't hurt, interested to know exactly what it looked like after such a minimal time healing. There was also the interaction of the draconic blood and the wound to consider, these were your once in a lifetime situations. Except what if they weren't? The professor wrote, and despite travelling often Curt wrote back or dropped in when in the vicinity, if the professor happened to either be home or publicly announced as being somewhere. It wasn't precisely a friendship, but the mutual stories and information were beneficial regardless.

These days Curt is still a fighter, one of the more feared fighters given his size and the fact that he has claws whereas most men simply have hands. He tries his best not to gut anyone, but mistakes happen. He tends to lose less these days. Though when word reaches him that the professor has passed, it seems the least he can do to go and say goodbye. It might also be important to make sure the good professor stays down, though perhaps that's just Curt's paranoia.

Chulanowa

Well, even if I had a solid idea, five minutes ain't enough to write it all down. So, I guess i'll hold out hope for Giantslayer  :-)

Pockets

Well after giving it some thought and talking with the better and some might say smarter half (Whose opinion I value a great deal). I'm willing to run two different groups with 5 peeps each. I can do two Carrion Crown or I can do one CC and another AP. I'm not going to run Giantslayer until at least the second module comes out, because depending on how fast people respond, the game might go on hiatus and die before the next part comes out. And that would just suck.

So with that, input is required.

I need to know if you just want to do Carrion Crown or if you want to do another AP.

If you do want to do another AP, speak up. The only two off limits are Wrath of the Righteous and Giantslayer. Wrath of the Righteous because there are already two different groups doing it and Giantslayer for the above mentioned.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Blinkin

Hoping to have a mythweavers sheet up by morning, but I PMed a text version of the character. A pic now sits in the original post for Justin along with the bio and history.

On a second group, the only AP that I really don't have an interest in is Kingmaker. I've tried it 3 or 4 times and it just never got off of the ground. I'm currently in Way Of The Wicked and Wrath of The Righteous, so anything other than those 3 are open for me.... I do want to play Carrion Crown because I've always wanted to play in a horror based game.

So... hope that helps. A second CC would be great, or another one would be just as good. I'll have to download the guide for some of them, b but I don't mind reading.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Anon315

I'd like to play this one, but I know the jade regent AP is pretty fun also. I'd be up for most anything, however.

Bibliophilia

I'm really invested in the idea of playing Aelys in Carrion Crown.  But, if you decide you want to run something else and start another AP, I have many character sheets that I can just write up and tweak slightly, as-needed.

ChaoticSky

I second the notion of CC or Jade. Though I'm rather open, I'd go for anything other than Reign Of Winter, that one is silly.  :P

Chulanowa

In order of most to least...

1) Rise of the Runelords
2) Kingmaker
3) Reign of Winter
4) Second Darkness
5) Mummy's Mask
Honorable mention: Skull & Shackles

I have a soft spot for campaigns that hearken back to "old school" adventure - outdoor adventure, dungeon crawls, heroic fantasy etc. And I also like the opportunity to look at something oddball like - i dunno a kobold gunslinger - and go "heeey, I could try that!"

But truthfully I'll be happy with anything you wanna run.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Darkling on April 11, 2015, 09:34:41 PM
I second the notion of CC or Jade. Though I'm rather open, I'd go for anything other than Reign Of Winter, that one is silly.  :P

Yeah, but it has an amazing theme song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg

Bibliophilia

Reign of Winter makes me think of the Snow Miser song.

Pockets

Chulanowa, get your character in.

Here is what I've got going. Since everyone signed up for horror and Carrion, so everyone's gonna get it. I'm going to just have to Run two games.

So with that being said, here are the breakdowns, subject to change based off Chulanowa's character.

Group 1
Angiejuusan - Tank - Catarina
eBadger - Arcane - Aesa
Purple Dusk - Divine - Alden
Chulanowa - (Hopefully a skillmonkey)
Bibliophilia - Tank - Aelys

Group 2
Ghostwheel - Arcane - Tyrandir
Darkling - Skillmonkey - Siri
Blinkin - Tank - Justin
Muse - Divine - Arindalise
Anon315 - Tank - Curt

I know that the 'roles' are a bit square and may not apply entirely to your character but how I rolled them in.

EDIT: Does anyone know the BBCode that allows me to write one letter and send it to multiple people but the 'Dear (Insert Name)' changes to the reader?
08/02 - New A/A Update

Chulanowa

I'm stewing those ideas in the cooker, chief! Skillmonkey y'say. hmmm. yeah, either that or backing up the oracle on the divinity front. If you'll let me have the stretch time, I'll get you something  O8)

Pockets

I can give you until about 1 pm EST tomorrow to have at least a concept with your fluff. The numbers can wait though I wouldn't wait too long. Stuff take place pretty quick.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Chulanowa

Muse

Yay!  *Dances* 

I'm very excited, thank you. 

Chulanowa

Name: Cordelia Neverion
Race: Human (Taldan)
Class: Skillmonkey

Concept: Cordelia is a seeker of knowledge, a finder of lore, a braver of the unknown, and a butterfly of society. Just as home in an old barrow, as in a lodge library, as at a baronet's dinner table. or at least, so she believes. She strives to be a renaissance woman. What really fascinates her is magic, though. After all, the best use of knowledge is putting it to use isn't it?

Background: despite her airs and what some might assume, Cordelia is not a noble girl from the high streets of Oppara. No, she was born in a roadside hovel on the outskirts of Sibarra, a fishing town on the Sellen River. But that just goes to show how far ambition and a smile can take you, doesn't it? She learned from an early age the need to look after herself; her parents barely did, and her older brother was too busy with... thing...

It was the arrival of a strange man from Ustulav that showed Cordelia that there might be more out there than scratching coppers out of a stranger's purse. His ferry had unloaded there in Sibarra, and he spent the night halfway on his side in the Pickled Pike, spinning tales about places he's been, things he's seen, women he'd... well, the brandy in Sibarra can make anyone run at the mouth, can't it? But even besides that, this was a new thing for Cordelia. Most of the tales she had heard until then concerned tomorrow's weather, or how loathsome the kelesh were (and they rather are, aren't they, smelling like horse-sweat with all that soot around their eyes, dreadful reprobates...) Cordelia resolved to make something of herself. Liberating a stash of silver her parents kept tucked away in the frame of an old clock, she slipped out, intent on doing better for herself.

Three days later, she was broke, shoeless, and seriously considering applying baser talents to secure fare back to Sibarra. The larger world was vastly more overwhelming than she had imagined. In a last-ditch effort to get her her feet beneath herself, she hitched one last hayride west, towards the shoreside town of Cassomir. There, she found her first "real" job - carrying a torch for a band of foreign barbarians and ne'er do-wells as htye plumbed the dank darkness of some forlorn pit or other. It's one of the few things Cordelia hasn't bothered to remember.

But the pay was handsome. and she got double her fee for having noticed and snipped the wires of some horrible old death trap (had that barbarian not been a mare-thumping Qadiran, maybe he would have noticed, himself; no complaining, though!) And she had to admit, there was something of a... rush to the whole affair. The second such job took her across the river into Andoran to see about some odd events there involving goblins. it was at this point she had the lark to write to Lorrimar, to tell him of what an inspiration he had been for her, as she settled into this new life.

To her surprise, he wrote back. And more to her surprise, the money she was making managed to stay around more than three days! But what's more, she was seizing life by the throat. she was learning, she was doing.

The sheet is as yet incomplete - i keep wobbling on class, and it's only gotten worse without sleep. However, I have a sound concept, a good direction, and all that's needed is a long nap before I wrap it up.

(By the by if my groupmates have a preference for Rogue / Bard / Inquisitor / investigator, do pipe up. She could go any of those ways  ;D )

Purple Dusk

Inquisitor might increase access to the holy power the group has, but I'm personally interested in seeing an investigator at play.  ;D

Pockets

Chuna and Anon, I need your character sheets posted up ASAP.  I'll give you until 8 am tomorrow morning EST to have a full character sheet up.

For everyone else,
Group 1
OOC Thread
IC Thread
Character Sheet

Group 2
OOC Thread
IC Thread
Character Sheet
08/02 - New A/A Update