Noire Inspired Idea (M for F)

Started by DukeJohn, January 01, 2017, 12:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeJohn

So, as the title states this is a somewhat film noire inspired idea set in the 1940's. I have quite a specific idea on how the story will go down and the characters involved, but if you don't like something we can talk about it.

The Story-

It starts with the basic set-up of a wealthy woman approaching a private investigator about investigating her husband to see if he is having an affair. MC will investigate and discover that her husband is having an affair with a woman who is also the former mistress of a Latin American dictator with ties to organized crime and nefarious international actors. This will result in a warrant being taken out on the house by the police. MC will arrive slightly after the police to explain to her what's going on (the husband is not there at the moment as he frequently travels and neglects his wife). He will subsequently enlist her to give him access to the high end restaurant/jazz club where the mistress has been reduced to working as a lounge singer (he would not be allowed in otherwise since he doesn't have a high class background) where he interrogates her to figure out what is going on (with YC also confronting her rival). It is revealed that YC's husband is using his shipping business to smuggle Nazi war criminals to the fascist Latin American country in the waning days of WWII. MC takes YC back home, where a love scene occurs, and he leaves and tells her he'll see to it that her husband is arrested. However, the two had been tailed all night by her husband's operatives, who saw them cavorting and going to bed together. YC's husband is alerted to this and returns home to beat and kill YC and then flee the country to avoid punishment. YC manages to get a frantic phone call off to MC's office, which is then relayed to him, and he comes to save her and shoots her husband.

The Characters-

I want there to be an initial contrast between the two main characters. The big thing with YC is that she's utterly sophisticated, snobbish, and reeks of class. Some people insist on playing 20-21 year olds all the time but she needs to be at least late 20's (MC will be in his 30's somewhere). MC will be a stoic, tough guy hard boiled detective so naturally she'll find him a complete boor at first.

We can have them grow closer by having a romantic slow dancing scene when they first arrive at the restaurant and are waiting for the lounge singer to emerge. One thing I want with YC is for her to always be covering her face to an extent at first. Wearing those old school veiled hats that woman wore back then. She'll be a beautiful brunette with sophisticated dark eyebrows and so forth, but she'll feel ugly given how her buffoonish older husband ignores her and has affairs with other women so beneath her above it all veneer she'll be shy about her face. To set up the love scene, she can be a little nervous and want him to stay guard at the house for a while to make sure no one comes for her. Something will startle her and she'll call for him in her bedroom. Her face will be covered with cream with her getting ready for bed in her robe, and then he'll show surprising tenderness by gently wiping it off with his hankerchief and telling her she's beautiful. One thing I wanted to incorporate in the love scene was having her wear classic lingerie (corset/bustier, garters, stockings) under her robe when he slides it off.

I can handle the NPCs.

PM if interested.

DukeJohn

This is my one-off request thread so I totally changed what request it was today.

DukeJohn

Once again totally changed the request.

DukeJohn

I again changed the theme of my one-off request thread.

DukeJohn

Once again changed the idea in my one-off thread.