Romeo & Juliet - Montagues Win!

Started by Autumn Sativus, February 14, 2014, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

Two households, both alike in dignity
(In fair Verona, where we lay our scene),
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.

From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life,
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.

The fearful passage of their death-marked love
And the continuance of their parents' rage,
Which, but their children’s end, naught could remove,
Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage—

The which, if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend

Players
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Blythe
  • Denivar
  • Elina
  • Izu
  • James Moriarty
  • Josietta
  • Kerri
  • Leorobin
  • Lisar
  • Martee
  • MistressEvelyn
  • persephone325
  • Rapt
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • SunshineSparkle
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian
  • yugi006

Roles
  • Montagues x4
  • Mercutio
  • Prince Escalus
  • Benvolio
  • Romeo
  • Juliet
  • Lord Capulet
  • Lady Capulet
  • Paris

Remember to include Saffron in any and all game related PMs
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

Rundown
Day 1 - Friar Election!
Rapt becomes the new Friar.
Night 1
Yugi, a Montague is assassinated by the Capulets.
Day 2
ThatRPGuy, Lord Capulet, is removed from the ball.
Night 2
persephone325, Prince Escalus, is assassinated by the Capulets.
Day 3
Romeo (Valerian) and Juliet (Josietta) meet their tragic end.
Night 3
Beguile's Mistress, Lady Capulet, is found dead.
Day 4
Rapt, the Friar and a Montague is removed.
Night 4 - Friar Election!
Remiel becomes the new Friar.
Leorobin, a Montague, is killed by the Capulets.
Day 5
Izu, a Montague is removed.
Night 5
MisstressEvelyn, a Montague, is killed by the Capulets.
Day 6
lisar, a Montague is removed.
Night 6
Mercutio, played by Ryven, does not survive the night.
Day 7
Kerri, a Montague, is removed.
Night 7
Bylthe, a Montague, is killed by the Capulet.
Day 8
---
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

The guests slowly filter in to the Montague ballroom, each one dressed in their fanciest of clothing prepared for the nights of dancing to come. Adorning each face, a masque, to hide the loyalties of the face behind it in hopes that perhaps this feud may be resolved once and for all. The home of the Montague family provides the guests with their every desire, drinks, entertainment, those delicious little finger foods that you...
~Pauses to nab one from a passing waiter~

Where was I? Oh yes... that you just can't seem to help yourself from grabbing. And as that tray of delicious little bites floats across the room, so do your eyes, to each of the twenty two guests that have made their way inside... the rest more interested in enjoying the beautiful midsummer night's dream air in the garden. Your hostess, and twenty one guests mingle amongst each other in the ball room.

Well, except for Friar Laurence who has been sitting on one of the benches for most of the evening thus far. It's assumed he'd just had a bit too much iof the spirit, but as the night goes on and he slumps further into the wall, eventually falling to his side, it becomes clear that Friar Laurence is not sleeping nor overindulged, he's dead. Murdered, his throat slit.

The screams of panic and fear fill the air as the guests try to determine what has happened here. It seems perhaps there are some here who would work to undo the truce this masqued ball meant to create. The Capulets must be found and removed before they manage to kill everyone! But first, with poor Friar Laurence put to rest, it's time to determine who will represent the group.

Remember to include Saffron in any and all game related PMs

Please cast your votes for Friar and remember to post them in bold.
Us against the world

persephone325

"I shall cast my vote for dear Valerian. For she has the strength to carry us and protect us." Persephone spoke softly, but firmly.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

Blythe contemplated who might best serve to protect them, to act as a voice, disturbed by the death of Friar Laurence. Eventually he called out gruffly, "I believe Ryven would best serve to protect us in these troubled times."

Bruja

Rapt pondered and pondered, taken rather aback at the holy man's untimely demise.Tucking a stray whiskey colored lock behind her ear, folding her hands in her lap and looking to the side "I think Remiel, ought to be our guide."

Martee

Martee held a succulent morsel between her lips whilst surveying the grisly scene, before discarding it on a passing tray with distaste. Turning away from the corpse she remarked languidly, "There is but one soul here who could discern the facts impartially and adequately. I nominate James Moriarty."

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Zelric Miras

His eyes examined those that had gathered, the Capulets were amongst them and if one of them happened to be chosen as Friar...well that would be troublesome. He took a cup of wine from one of the tables and sipped from it silently, considering the direction the voting was taking. "Rapt might be a good choice for Friar, no reason in particular."

yugi006

He examined the corpse with sadness in his eyes. He then looked up and eyed each member standing deciding who would be best to protect them. I believe that MistressEvelyn would be best to be chosen as Friar.

Josietta

Watching the others as they cast their votes she wondered if any two would cast the same as it appeared they all were voting for a different person. Someone had to change it up somehow and she nodded some to some of their explanations. Though in the end she had no way of knowing just who she should call on to be the Friar. For all fairness she tossed a coin to decide between male or female, with three males and three females so far chosen she had to act soon. With the tossed, she looked to those present. "The friar should be someone we trust but also someone strong of heart and body. I am torn on who to choose but in the end the die would be cast to choose Rapt."

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Denivar

* Denivar strokes his beard softly, considering things carefully before concurring with Persephone and voting for Valerian.
"If you go to see the woman, do not forget the whip." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ons and Offs -- Roleplay Ideas -- Apologies, Absences, Excuses, that sort of thing

Valerian

"The poor friar," Val murmured, shaking her head sadly.  But the others were right; a new friar was needed, and urgently, for without strong guidance they would suffer greatly in this terrible time.  Nodding her thanks to those who expressed faith in her own leadership, she then turned back to her good friend Persephone and cast her own vote for her.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kerri

Frazzled by the events that had passed so far, Kerri watched the room, her eyes going from person to person in rapid succession. Listening to the votes as they were given, only made her more nervous. It seemed that everyone was so calm, too calm in her opinion, after all Friar Laurence had just been murdered. She moved to stand against the wall, giving one more uneasy perusal of all those present, before she cleared her throat and began speaking, "I shall cast my vote for Blythe."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

lisar

looking around at each person in the group, trying to gain a quick first impression but not getting very far, Lisar shook her head in exasperation  "I just don't know who among us can be trusted with such a responsibility.  I guess if I have to choose right now, I'll choose Josietta"

James Moriarty

That such a wonderful gathering should be ruined in this gruesome a way was devastating -- could the two families not set aside their differences for one night?  He agreed with the general sentiment that the perpetrators of this murder must be found but quickly.  Nodding with a smile to Martee, he offered, "An early vote of confidence is always well-appreciated.  I myself will cast my hat in with Rapt, who appears to have captured some small and quick consensus."

Goddess of Night

The petite brunette clad in an elegant jade dress stares at the growing puddle of blood on the floor, wondering why no onwe was concernin themselves about the stain it would make on the fine rug if it isn't cleaned up soon. Hazel eyes glanced up briefly. "I nominate Yugi."
My On/Offs

Looking for roleplay partners with ideas. Any takers? Pm me.

Remiel

"Isn't it just like the Capulets to ruin such an otherwise pleasant affair with murder most foul," he sighed.  "Rapt, I shall return your gesture of good faith in kind.  I trust you to speak for all."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(4) Rapt - Leo, Josi, JM, Remi
(3) Remi - Rapt, Sunshine, Elina
(2) Bly - Kerri, Ryv
(2) JM - Martee, BeMi
(2) Val - perse, Deni
(1) Josi - Lis
(1) MissE - yugi
(1) perse - Val
(1) Ryv - Bly
(1) yugi - MissE
Total 14

Still to Vote
Izu, ThatRPGuy
Us against the world

Beguile's Mistress

"I'm not sure which way to turn here with the vote going so many ways and very few having a consensus."  Beguile's paced toward the windows and back again wringing her hands as she came to a conclusion.  "I doubt at this point it will make a difference by I must cast my lot with James Moriarty.  I don't know if that is right or wrong but something prods me in his direction."

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine was not sure about whom to vote for, she decided to follow her instinct without any further questionning. "I shall give mine to Remiel, he has the traits of a leader. I trust he would be capable of defending our rights."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Ryven

I must say that Blythe would be the ideal candidate for friar.

Elina

Galactic Druid

I think Persephone would fit the bill well, she's always seemed trustworthy, if you ask me.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(5) Rapt - Leo, Josi, JM, Remi
(3) Remi - Rapt, Sunshine, Elina
(2) Bly - Kerri, Ryv
(2) JM - Martee, BeMi
(2) perse - Val, Guy
(2) Val - perse, Deni
(1) Josi - Lis
(1) MissE - yugi
(1) Ryv - Bly
(1) yugi - MissE
Total 20
Us against the world

Izu

Being fashionably late, Izu looked around and tried to catch what the trend was. "Hm... I think I will go with the flow. Rapt seems like a trustworthy person, or at least most of the people around here think so."

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...