Supernatural and Fantasy RP's (Still Open)

Started by JessicaHouse, August 14, 2019, 10:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessicaHouse

JessicaHouse

More characters are up, for those who are interested.

Ivory Dawn

I am SUPER interested in The Prince Disguise. I love the idea, and would be willing to play either role.

JessicaHouse

Ivory Dawn, thank you for your interest. I have sent you a PM.

Athron

Mae Govannen my dear friend!
I'm fascinated by the idea of Yaldabaoth-The Demiurge. Such a thing like a god trying to know human beings seems a really good topic, ideal for both an interesting exploration of human nature and also a source for good and epic stories. Here is my proposal: I would like to be an expelled member of an old order, being this organization dedicated to acumulate wisdom and defend it with military methods. After being expelled due to a personal conflict with some noble families, I wondered through the adjoining kingdoms and tribes, always fleeing from assasins hired to kill me. The story would start when I meet with Yaldabaoth. Maybe, he thinks that knowing more about the Order will allow him to get more information about her mother, or even the existance of other gods [I assume that this god is not omniscient, as it would contradictious. He theorically doesn't know about the existance of other gods or even the nature of his own mother, therefore I cannot know it everything]. What do you think? Hoping to hear from you soon!
Kind regards.

JessicaHouse

I confess, Arthron, that particular setup doesn't entirely interest me. Based on that, I'm kind of starting to re-think wanting to play Yaldabaoth, except as the villain in another RP.

Nervous Skull

Oh, gosh! These are so fun and interesting!

I'm curious to know what you'd do with the plot of the Dhampir. ^.^

JessicaHouse

Quote from: Nervous Skull on September 09, 2019, 02:52:21 AM
Oh, gosh! These are so fun and interesting!

I'm curious to know what you'd do with the plot of the Dhampir. ^.^

You know, funny thing, I actually forgot what I had in mind for the dhampir. These days I'm far more interested in playing with the Saint or one of the Nomad Princes.

I guess for the dhampir plot, it could be a love triangle with the vampire where YC is enslaved to either version of the vampire and the dhampir is there to help, though he/she is the child of the vampire.

Nervous Skull

Quote from: JessicaHouse on September 09, 2019, 09:55:19 AM
You know, funny thing, I actually forgot what I had in mind for the dhampir. These days I'm far more interested in playing with the Saint or one of the Nomad Princes.

I guess for the dhampir plot, it could be a love triangle with the vampire where YC is enslaved to either version of the vampire and the dhampir is there to help, though he/she is the child of the vampire.
I would like to try to roleplay this if you're interested.

JessicaHouse

Quote from: Nervous Skull on September 10, 2019, 05:19:26 PM
I would like to try to roleplay this if you're interested.

The Nomad Prince, the Saint, or the Dhampir one?

Nervous Skull

JessicaHouse

Ok. Did you want to play a male or female character? And did you want the male or female vampire? I think only the male dhampir is listed right now. I didn't imagine him as swinging both ways, but I can work with it under the right circumstances (I imagined him heterosexual).

Nervous Skull

Quote from: JessicaHouse on September 11, 2019, 08:24:28 PM
Ok. Did you want to play a male or female character? And did you want the male or female vampire? I think only the male dhampir is listed right now. I didn't imagine him as swinging both ways, but I can work with it under the right circumstances (I imagined him heterosexual).
I was thinking of doing a male character and I thought that the dhampir was also male. We could talk about it if you're rather set on it being heterosexual.

JessicaHouse

Quote from: Nervous Skull on September 12, 2019, 05:45:46 PM
I was thinking of doing a male character and I thought that the dhampir was also male. We could talk about it if you're rather set on it being heterosexual.

I think I would prefer that. Or, since the dhampir is somewhat masculine, are you fine with playing an androgynously male character? I know, that's kind of weird and specific.

Nervous Skull

Quote from: JessicaHouse on September 12, 2019, 10:44:35 PM
I think I would prefer that. Or, since the dhampir is somewhat masculine, are you fine with playing an androgynously male character? I know, that's kind of weird and specific.
Hmm.... If I made the character a women would it be okay if the she pretended to be man?

JessicaHouse

The Sauce

Hi I'm still new to this site and am trying to get my bearings, I read through this post and the Vampire scenario/ idea (whatever you may call it) seemed interesting.  I would like to discuss the world this takes place in and perhaps the general idea of the plot before we go further.  I can tell this has already involved plenty of writing on your end, but I would like to hear more about your ideas.  I myself have some clues but, of course, these ideas will be much more easily realized if I understand the setting better.
Thank you~

JessicaHouse

Hello, The Sauce. The vampire story I have in mind is kind of like a re-telling of Beauty and the Beast with a vampire and a mortal woman. At least, that's the one I had in mind with the male vampire. With the female vampire I've not had a chance yet to really develop the idea. Even so, I'd like to pair both vampires with a mortal, female lover.

As for setting and time period, I was thinking anywhere between the 1600's and the Victorian Era (late 1800's) in a fictional county in Eastern Europe. Most of the story would likely take place in the vampire's castle.

The Sauce

I see, I'm willing to try this out for sure.  Again, I'm new to the site, so is this about when we start introducing our characters?  Also, just to make sure, everything else with the chosen time period will be accurate other than the vampire part, correct?

JessicaHouse

Quote from: The Sauce on September 17, 2019, 01:09:58 PM
I see, I'm willing to try this out for sure.  Again, I'm new to the site, so is this about when we start introducing our characters?  Also, just to make sure, everything else with the chosen time period will be accurate other than the vampire part, correct?

I was actually thinking it would be somewhat like a fairy tale in that it's a little anachronistic at times. For example, the story of Cinderella, for all intents and purposes, seems to take place in a medieval setting. Yet, there's a clock-tower in many versions (certainly the Disney version).

I'd like to see what sort of character you'd like to play, and then I'll start a separate thread for us. Also, I need to know if you prefer the male vampire or the female.

The Sauce

Ok, thanks for the info.  Allow me a bit of time to get an idea for my character.  It is very likely that it will be a woman, so I would prefer the male vampire.
I'll post my idea as soon as i can.

JessicaHouse

Alright, The Sauce. I'm looking forward to it. Thank you!

The Sauce

(I have not developed a preferred "style" to introduce characters so let's just see where this goes)

Alice,F, 20 years old.
Upon first inspection, Alice has an unusual concoction of traits.  She has black hair and a darker-but-still-white skin tone that fit her commoner and servant status.  These features are contrasted starkly by her blue eyes, a feature noticabley more common in the higher class than the lower, and thinner lips, a characteristic held mostly by the more... fortunate women of the time, as the rich would say.  Physically, Alice is no marvel, eating enough to survive and work, but certainly not enough to give her body any enticing curvature; indeed, she is skinny and short, standing a bit over 5 feet tall.  Her body does seem to be genetically endowed with some athleticism though, being quite flexible.  She has always felt that her legs are a bit larger in proportion to the test of her body than they should be, maybe her secret talent is running?  Alice has mused many times about what her body might be capable of if feed correctly, if someone of high or  even middle class could hear these thoughts however, they would seem perfectly achievable to them. 

As it has been suggested, Alice does not have much contact with the world outside her master's castle and does not truly comprehend how poor she really is, born into a life of servitude.  Despite this, she often imagines what she might do if she had even a fraction of the wealth her master does.  She does not resent him though, she takes pride in showing her loyalty to him (she has grown to not ever expect a genuine gesture of gratification however).

Deep down, Alice is losing hope in her visions for the future.  Slowly, she has resigned herself to serving in the same castle like most of her class and family has.  She lost both her mother and father when she was 16.  Her mother was claimed by pneumonia and her father followed her, grief stricken, soon after.

(This next part is not necessary, depending on whether or not she knows her master is a vampire or has been given reason to watch herself in his presence)

While Alice may treat her master with some legitimate (mostly taught) respect, she has had her... reservations about him.  He simply doesn't seem normal, strange... unnatural.  The more experienced and knowledgeable stewards of the castle advise caution around him for reasons they, perhaps out of fear, do not wish to divulge.

(So there is a general idea, I hope she can fit onto your idea, I am willing to explore a romantic route with this)

JessicaHouse

I like what you have come up with. And, yes, I would definitely like to pursue a romantic storyline with this. There can also be implied sex scenes where they make sense, as the vampire is a being with physical desires. Obviously, we won't do anything above the PG-13 rating.

When you get approved, I would really like it if you could find an image for your character, one that fits the description you gave. I'd prefer fantasy art or anime style art.

Are you ok with me starting the thread now and sharing it with you?

The Sauce

Sure, but bare in mind this will be the first time I try this on this site, I doubt I will be unable to figure it out I may have to ask a dumb question or two.
If you would like to start tonight I should be able to start at around 9:00pm (4 and a half hours from now). For the time being, I need to get some work done.