SINS Academy Interest Check! [applications re-open] Students and Sins required.

Started by Rave, November 23, 2014, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clio

Quote from: Rave on November 23, 2014, 11:04:15 PM
Hmm.

Generally I would like to keep the ages fluid to give the players interested as much freedom as possible (within game limits :P) but for the sake of it, let's just say teachers will have to at least served in Hell for over three hundred years. It's a minimum requirement, per say. Keeping in mind that serving is different than just being there, so you'd have to have earned the right to teach sort to speak. How each demon goes about doing that, though, is the player's own decision.

As for the model finding thread, this can actually be very helpful for interested players struggling to find an image! It's such a lovely idea, thank you for offering! I may even place a link with your agreement somewhere in the original thread just so it's always available.

Sure. :)
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

GnothiSeauton

Very, very interested...  I did a demon that was supposed to be the embodiment of Greed some time ago, and has been one of my absolute favorites.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Angie

This intrigues me...I wanna play a character who's primarily Wrath, but mixes a little Lust in for good measure...She can kick your ass and f**k you stupid!

Futanari okay?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Rave

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on November 23, 2014, 11:33:11 PM
Very, very interested...  I did a demon that was supposed to be the embodiment of Greed some time ago, and has been one of my absolute favorites.

Hello Gnothi!

I'd love to see your demon make a comeback! Glad you're interested.

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 23, 2014, 11:36:31 PM
This intrigues me...I wanna play a character who's primarily Wrath, but mixes a little Lust in for good measure...She can kick your ass and f**k you stupid!

Futanari okay?

The game is all gender/sexuality friendly. What's beneath a demon's pants is up to them!

Short answer: Yes  :-)

Rave

GM note:

I've updated the character sheet just a tiny bit, adding two more categories for a little more detail and uniqueness. Furthermore, I'm using an interesting image layout that I used in an older game that encompasses more images of the character. Cause you know, you can never have enough eye candy!

Clio

So you said we would be sorted according to the character's personality. I'll need to figure out my goodish demon and what she's like.

Oh! Are we assuming that the demons used to be human, or are they simply created from other demons or the devil? Do they have 'families?'

Angie

Oh good question, I was ten seconds from giving Dawn a mother.

Rave

Quote from: Christa McGinn on November 23, 2014, 11:45:10 PM
So you said we would be sorted according to the character's personality. I'll need to figure out my goodish demon and what she's like.

Oh! Are we assuming that the demons used to be human, or are they simply created from other demons or the devil? Do they have 'families?'

Good question! I actually just answered it in a PM but I'll put it out here for the world to see  >:)

The Demon creation process in this universe is as follows:

1- Lucifer, an Archangel, fell from Grace and became the very first Demon.
2- Lucifer creates the Original Seven in the same manner God created Adam and Eve. They are the oldest and most powerful.
3- The Original Seven infect humanity, thus sending many humans to Hell instead of Purgatory (and eventually, Heaven).
4- The Original Seven create more demons out of tortured human souls.
5- Demons breed, creating more demons, and so on.

As for the concept of families, it is quite unlikely. Demons may have lovers, perhaps just the one, but Hell is not a place conducive to a family life style. They can love and they can have children, but there is no general concept of family. Children are born quickly (Within the first two months of pregnancy) and mature quickly as-well. So in actuality there are two types of Demons: Converted and Pure Born. Unlike Hogwarts though there is no racism towards a particular one. All demons are grunts until they prove otherwise.

Short answer: They don't have families, but ranks. Most demons are very independent, but there are exceptions to everything.

Angie

Would it be alright if Dawn was on friendly terms with her 'mother' (perhaps to the point of, well you know)?

Also, what does "Classification" mean?

Rave

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 23, 2014, 11:58:57 PM
Would it be alright if Dawn was on friendly terms with her 'mother' (perhaps to the point of, well you know)?

Also, what does "Classification" mean?

Yes, that would be fine. It is not odd for a Demon to know their parent or work with them. (If they were born in hell). Chances are, converted demons don't remember much of their human lives nor is it likely that they would recognize/know their parent if he/she happen to be in hell as-well.

Classification is less so for students, and more so for faculty or Original sins. In the sample case (Aka: Charon), his classification is the Original Sin of Pride. You may leave it blank if your character is just a regular student.

mai

Throwing my hat into the ring with a Pride demon student who works with knowledge.

Tzaphkelili

Name : Tzaphkelili (Kayla, to her friends)
Sex : presently female
Classification :
House : Pride

Position : Student
Year : 3rd year

Skills: Tzaphkelili is skilled in most academic disciplines, and excels in formal/school environments. She's good at understanding and exploiting systems.
Powers: Polyglot - She can read, write, understand and speak any language known or lost to Heaven, Hell, or Earth. Analyst - She can tell at a glance the strengths and weaknesses of anything she looks at (of course, that doesn't guarantee she'll be able to exploit them). Arcanist - can employ arcane ritual magic (ritual magic requires extensive preparation and knowledge, so it isn't really useful on the fly, but given time to prepare and plan she can be quite destructive with it, if nothing unexpected happens).

Height : 5'5"
Weight / Body type : Slender, doesn't appear to be particularly strong, but is clearly well-cared-for
Hair : dark brown
Skin : pale
Eyes : green
Distinguishing Features : always wears glasses or some sort of manmade corrective eyewear. Other than that, she looks like a normal human of central European descent.

Likes : Knowledge, hierarchy, taxonomy, order, control, cats
Dislikes : Mysticism, laziness/slopiness, anarchists

About: Tzaphkelili (named after a corruption of the angel Tzaphkiel, whose name means "God's Knowledge", her name instead refers to Lilith, the mother of all demons) was created during the early 18th Century. She found her definition, and her name, in the intellectual project of the European Enlightenment, when she adeptly encouraged humans to believe that their intellect was not only a match for, but actually superior to God's revelation. She was, for a time, a fairly successful minor demon, but most of the credit for her work ended up going to her superiors (not that she ever complained, of course), and in the end she didn't really have anything to show for her work.

Kayla, as she goes by in modern anglophone contexts, got bored of attempting advancement through the work she'd been doing, and decided to attend the Academy both to learn new tricks and also to work her way a bit up the hierarchy in the legions of Hell who were put under the command of Pride. After all, her own portfolio is ultimately the sin of Pride. Although the humans she worked with also practiced the other sins in abundance, the arrogance of believing in the absolute superiority of one's own intellect is ultimately a prideful one.

She's not so much a fighter, preferring instead to strategize and to marshal others to do the actual dirty work for her. Kayla's strength is in analysis, organization, planning, and logistics, but she knows enough demonic magic and has enough familiarity with human high technology to make herself useful in a fight.

Labels : Analytical, exploitative, ambitious,

Sexuality : pansexual, omnivorous
Sexual On's and Offs : Kayla enjoys sex, but mostly just for its own sake. She prefers to be on top, and doesn't like some of the freakier stuff that other demons tend to be into, which is why to this point most of her partners have been human.

Player : mai

Clio

Okay. I'm thinking that my demon was born in hell, but never really fit in. She didn't find the same enjoyment in torture and such, so she was the goody-two-shoes of hell. Not ridiculous about it, and she still had personal sins...obviously...but she wasn't into the same things.

Oh! And do they choose to go to the school, or can someone force/request them to go?

bubby

I'm putting a pin in Eva Green for my character model btw, so she doesn't get nabbed. Just in case!

And I assuming correctly that Heads of Houses are the Original Sins?

Rave

Quote from: mai on November 24, 2014, 12:27:30 AM
Throwing my hat into the ring with a Pride demon student who works with knowledge.

Tzaphkelili

Name : Tzaphkelili (Kayla, to her friends)
Sex : presently female
Classification :
House : Pride

Skills: Tzaphkelili is skilled in most academic disciplines, and excels in formal/school environments. She's good at understanding and exploiting systems.
Powers: Polyglot - She can read, write, understand and speak any language known or lost to Heaven, Hell, or Earth. Analyst - She can tell at a glance the strengths and weaknesses of anything she looks at (of course, that doesn't guarantee she'll be able to exploit them). Arcanist - can employ arcane ritual magic (ritual magic requires extensive preparation and knowledge, so it isn't really useful on the fly, but given time to prepare and plan she can be quite destructive with it, if nothing unexpected happens).

Height : 5'5"
Weight / Body type : Slender, doesn't appear to be particularly strong, but is clearly well-cared-for
Hair : dark brown
Skin : pale
Eyes : green
Distinguishing Features : always wears glasses or some sort of manmade corrective eyewear. Other than that, she looks like a normal human of central European descent.

Likes : Knowledge, hierarchy, taxonomy, order, control, cats
Dislikes : Mysticism, laziness/slopiness, anarchists

About: Tzaphkelili (named after a corruption of the angel Tzaphkiel, whose name means "God's Knowledge", her name instead refers to Lilith, the mother of all demons) was created during the early 18th Century. She found her definition, and her name, in the intellectual project of the European Enlightenment, when she adeptly encouraged humans to believe that their intellect was not only a match for, but actually superior to God's revelation. She was, for a time, a fairly successful minor demon, but most of the credit for her work ended up going to her superiors (not that she ever complained, of course), and in the end she didn't really have anything to show for her work.

Kayla, as she goes by in modern anglophone contexts, got bored of attempting advancement through the work she'd been doing, and decided to attend the Academy both to learn new tricks and also to work her way a bit up the hierarchy in the legions of Hell who were put under the command of Pride. After all, her own portfolio is ultimately the sin of Pride. Although the humans she worked with also practiced the other sins in abundance, the arrogance of believing in the absolute superiority of one's own intellect is ultimately a prideful one.

She's not so much a fighter, preferring instead to strategize and to marshal others to do the actual dirty work for her. Kayla's strength is in analysis, organization, planning, and logistics, but she knows enough demonic magic and has enough familiarity with human high technology to make herself useful in a fight.

Labels : Analytical, exploitative, ambitious,

Sexuality : pansexual, omnivorous
Sexual On's and Offs : Kayla enjoys sex, but mostly just for its own sake. She prefers to be on top, and doesn't like some of the freakier stuff that other demons tend to be into, which is why to this point most of her partners have been human.

Player : mai

Woot, our first accepted character \o/

Quote from: Christa McGinn on November 24, 2014, 12:35:19 AM
Okay. I'm thinking that my demon was born in hell, but never really fit in. She didn't find the same enjoyment in torture and such, so she was the goody-two-shoes of hell. Not ridiculous about it, and she still had personal sins...obviously...but she wasn't into the same things.

Oh! And do they choose to go to the school, or can someone force/request them to go?

The attendance is purely optional, however it is generally a better life than the one they would have in Hell. The lifestyle is more comfortable, and they have a chance to learn and better themselves. Hierarchy in Hell is everything, so most demons are naturally inclined to improve themselves. That's why you'd find a lot of applicants, and a lot of students.

Quote from: bubby on November 24, 2014, 12:36:31 AM
I'm putting a pin in Eva Green for my character model btw, so she doesn't get nabbed. Just in case!

And I assuming correctly that Heads of Houses are the Original Sins?

Oooh~ Good choice! Eva Green gives me all kinds of feels.

And yes. Each Original Sin manages their respective house, and are responsible for its overall success.
Naturally this breeds rivalry between the houses, which is good.

I'll be working on a point-earning type system that runs throughout the school year, having the house with the most points be declared winner or win something. It's a fragile idea right now, but I'm pondering on it.

mai

I feel like at least the original Sloth would delegate that particular responsibility

bubby

Quote from: Rave on November 24, 2014, 12:41:56 AM

Oooh~ Good choice! Eva Green gives me all kinds of feels.

And yes. Each Original Sin manages their respective house, and are responsible for its overall success.
Naturally this breeds rivalry between the houses, which is good.

Excellent.  >:)

And excellent again! I kinda figured that was the case, but I just wanted to make sure before I continued with 'research'. EXCITED. YES.

Rave

Quote from: mai on November 24, 2014, 12:45:22 AM
I feel like at least the original Sloth would delegate that particular responsibility

Aha, it's a miracle that Lucifer got Sloth to deligate anything at all. At this point, the other six just let him do his own thing. Haha.

Quote from: bubby on November 24, 2014, 12:48:40 AM
Excellent.  >:)

And excellent again! I kinda figured that was the case, but I just wanted to make sure before I continued with 'research'. EXCITED. YES.

Mhm! While they have teachers (Seasoned Demons) working beneath them, they run the whole shabang and teach classes as-well!

Clio

So do we just decide what house our student will be in? I'm not sure which one to choose...

Probably not wrath, greed, sloth or gluttony...but maybe pride, lust, or envy. Hmm. Would they have more interaction with the head of their house? Because Mr. Pride is damn sexy... ;)

Caela

Name : Lilith
Sex : Female
Classification : Sin of Lust
House : Lust

Position : Head of House Lust
Year : N/A

Skills: Singing, dancing, music (she plays the piano, violin, a variety of flutes, guitar, and a variety of drums) conversation, manipulation, knowledge, stealth, hunting, horseback riding - in short the perfect courtesan
Powers: Emotional Manipulation - with a glance she can make anyone who is attracted to women want her though she counts it as a point of pride to not need to use this power to get people to want her.

Stealth - When she chooses she can also turn peoples eyes from her. Not invisibility, just pushing the desire to look elsewhere and ignore her onto people's mind.

Lowered Inhibitions - she doesn't have to inspire lust only for herself, she can lower the inhibitions in a room to the point that others act on their own inherent lusts and desires.

Height : 5'2
Weight / Body type : Trim and athletic with tantalizing curves in just the right places.
Hair : Black and curly and, usually falling to about the middle of her back, though sometimes she likes it slightly shorter.
Skin : A rich honeyed tan.
Eyes : Humans see a brown so dark it's nearly black, other demons see the rick black with red flecks that color her true gaze.
Distinguishing Features : There isn't a scar, mark or hole marring that honeyed flesh.

Likes : Everything on her skills list as well as winning, the first rush of a new conquest, and the occasional male who can turn the tables on her.
Dislikes : Boredom, a bored Lilith is simply asking for trouble to ensue.

About: One of the original seven, Lilith has seen the world through peace, war and everything in between and has found that one very basic drive in man never seems to change...the urge to plow a warm, wet opening...and a woman's ability to manipulate her lover (if she knows how) through that urge.

She has seduced men from every strata of life, farmers to Kings, supplicants, to Popes and never grows weary, or ashamed, of her numerous conquests. Some were simply for her own amusement or pleasure, some to manipulate the outcome of a skirmish or to start wars, but all were in the service of seeing a greater number of souls through the Gateways of Hell.

Labels : Sensual, Passionate, Fiery, Intelligent, Concubine, Whore (usually yelled by those she's seduced after they realize how they've been manipulated)

Sexuality : Heterosexual
Sexual On's and Offs : There is little that Lilith hasn't tried over the millenia, those things she hasn't done, or won't do again, are bestiality, children, maiming (of herself) and bathroom play,
Player : Caela

Rave

Dawn
Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 24, 2014, 12:52:26 AM
I've been making characters all day, here's another.

I could just change links 2 through 5 to "I THINK GOTHS ARE SEXY!" and there would be no change.
Name : Dawn Zanarius
Sex : Futanari
Classification :
House : Wrath

Skills: Skilled Muay Thai fighter, and a very skilled painter (about the only time she isn't angry is when she's painting)
Powers: Destruction. Pure and simple making things go away. She's not exactly good at it (and has had her magic backfire on her more then once), but it's what she does. Stone turns to dust, bones shatter, even magical spells thrown against her fade out of existence when she punches them. She can also shapeshift into any humanoid body type (basically, it has to be possible for a regular human to be it for her to shift to it)

Height : 5' 6"
Weight / Body type : Slim, but with some muscle.
Hair : Variable
Skin : Variable!
Eyes : Variable
Distinguishing Features : She has a Tell: There is always a white streak in her hair above her left eye.

Likes : Painting, she also likes dancing (though she's mediocre at it)
Dislikes : Soft, cowardly men and women. Also hates frogs.

About: What can you say about Dawn? Well, she doesn't do anything gently, except her painting. Born of two lust demons, she ended up in Wrath-how did that work? No one really knows. Dawn doesn't mind. She inherited Xerah's shapeshifting power, and used it to slip into Muay Thai classes among the mortal world (very carefully, to avoid Heaven's gaze). After a nasty incident involving two cows and four pounds of roofing cement, she fled to the demon academy and now studies here instead, learning how to meld destructive magic into her martial arts.

Labels : Do I really have to fill this out?

Sexuality : Bi, prefers women.
Sexual On's and Offs : She's rather sexually omnivorous, so her major offs are anything related to bodily fluids. She also hates really weak submissives, though you don't find many among Demons. She does have one major on-if anyone can manage to beat her in a fight, she will swoon for them and be totally submissive to them.

Player : Angiejuusan

Okay I'm really burned out so this isn't my best, I'll come back and do more later.

Looks good so far, just a couple of small things. I feel like punching spells and having them shatter out of existance PLUS shapeshifting is a little bit much for a third year student. While a demon is capable of extraordinary things, I would focus on just one of those abilities and have it be unique to her. I would suggest toning it down just a bit, to perhaps her shape shifting abilities and her martial arts skill or whatever combination you choose.

Also yes, you do have to fill the Label section out.

Clio

Angie

I think I'll just drop the Destruction magic, then. Totally mortal combat skills!

Rave

Quote from: Christa McGinn on November 24, 2014, 12:55:43 AM
So do we just decide what house our student will be in? I'm not sure which one to choose...

Probably not wrath, greed, sloth or gluttony...but maybe pride, lust, or envy. Hmm. Would they have more interaction with the head of their house? Because Mr. Pride is damn sexy... ;)

ICly, your character gets sorted based on personality and abilities. However you as a player know your characters personality, and as such sort yourself.

Aha, he is quite the well dressed Demon if nothing else ;P But yes. While all characters should have an equal chance of meeting and interacting, I imagine there will just be more scenarios for that to happen if the two characters belong to the same house!

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 24, 2014, 01:00:32 AM
I think I'll just drop the Destruction magic, then. Totally mortal combat skills!

Sounds like a plan  :-)

Clio

Quote from: Rave on November 24, 2014, 01:01:25 AM
ICly, your character gets sorted based on personality and abilities. However you as a player know your characters personality, and as such sort yourself.

Aha, he is quite the well dressed Demon if nothing else ;P But yes. While all characters should have an equal chance of meeting and interacting, I imagine there will just be more scenarios for that to happen if the two characters belong to the same house!

Well, I'm thinking perhaps Pride for her. She isn't arrogant as much as she takes pride in her intelligence and the fact that she's not the typical demon. She also probably appears more proud than she actually is, as a sort of defense mechanism. I'd say lust, but I don't think she's truly discovered her seductive potential so far.

Although...I don't know. Perhaps...

Angie

Made a few edits...still kinda out of it, but it's less overpowered.