Grimm Fairy Tales Presents: Arcane Acre - (Still Recruiting)

Started by Moraline, May 25, 2015, 08:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

OOC: Always Recruiting and always LGBT friendly

Welcome to the Arcane Acres Prep School. While here you will learn to master your arcane abilities while completing your high school work and college entrance requirements. If you feel we are being unfair or harsh on you that is because we are. YOU are uniquely gifted and powerful for even our kind. We have high expectations that you will graduate to move on to become guardians of your realms and perhaps even Realm Knights.

It's not all seriousness and training though, we want you to socialize with others like you from the different realms so you can grow to understand one another and make friends across the realms. This is a great opportunity given to you. I know that you will all make me proud to know you. 
~ Master Shang

"With the four realms of power - Myst, Neverland, Oz, and Wonderland - at Sela Mather's fingertips, life as the Guardian of Earth has never been more work. However, when Sela is put in charge of a group of young, powerful highborns, she finds that protecting the world from the threat of otherworldly forces may be the least of her worries." ~ Zenescope

OOC:

Knowledge of the Grimm Fairy Tales verse won't be necessary for the game but if you are knowledgeable then you should know this game is only "based on" the vast GFT verse.

Arcane Acres is a school for students aged 18-19 that are learning to use arcane abilities granted to them by the mystical energies of the four realms of power. (see above for realms)

Students of the school will either be born with two parents from those realms or one parent from them.  But you, the student (or instructor), are now a resident on Earth for one reason or another.

Mostly this will be a Freeform game with a simple overarching plot. 

Game Section:  Extreme - just to cover the bases. *Please Respect Other Players Offs* Anything non-consensual must be put into a spoiler tag and agreed on between players before it occurs.

Posting:  Expected to be several times a week done in 3rd person. Post sizes should average a paragraph or two - containing some descriptive text and possible dialogue.

No God Modding, Power Gaming, or Meta Gaming of any type. If you are unsure of something, ask the GM.

*Characters*

Characters Available:
*Players can be half creature and half humanoid as well, or able to transform, depending on what they choose for their Mystical Arcane Abilities.

Players can be Students or Instructors  (original or you may choose one from the image below-ask for info on the ones in the images if interested)

Current List of Characters:

Founders (Instructors)

Sela (TAKEN-NPC) - Professor Sela Mathers, Guardian of the Nexus/Earth. The only one in all the realms able to open portals between them on her own. She is able to utilize (in some form) every aspect of the mystical energies that make up the realms of power.

Shang (Reserved) - An ancient Warrior with immeasurable skill in combat.  Sela's Mentor, a wise warrior and the only remaining living member of the original Realm Knights. He is several thousand years old.

Belinda - A Highborn Pureblood that was once the Genie Trapped in the Lamp of myth. She has in the past been Sela's arch nemesis and was once the right hand of the evil Dark One and a general of his Horde Army.  But that's all in the past now. Maybe.

Druanna - Also formerly known as Gaia, she was a goddess in another age long ago but her dominion over nature has since waned and now she is a wise member of the new Realm Knights Council.

Students

Skye (Played by Lithium) - Age 18, She wields several forces of mystic energies in the form of energy blasts. She is Sela's daughter but was taken from her as an infant and raised by the Goddess Venus and turned against her own mother until she finally saw the truth of Venus's plots and plans. Now her and Sela have a complicated relationship.

Violet - Age 18, She can create illusions that are completely realistic and convincing. She is the daughter of Calie Liddle, the White Queen of Wonderland. She is also possessed by the spirit of the Mad Hatter and uses his knowledge to help guide her through Wonderland when needed. Always under a struggle with the Hatter she holds his possession inside of her under a a mental lock and key because if he got out he would possess someone else and take them over.

Ali - Age 19, He can commune with the recently deceased and summon the fragments of spirits/gheists that still haunt a realm. He is also the sole possessor of the "Lamp" that the All Powerful Genie is trapped inside. But we all know how the Genie twists your wishes to suit his purpose or amusements.

Wulf - Age 19, He is a hero, or he wants to be. His families bloodline has been Realm Knights for hundreds of years.  His large size and incredible strength are his defining abilities. (NOTE: He was kicked out of the Arcane Acre but can be brought back if a player wishes to play him)

Hailey (Played by Miyaluca) - Age 18, She is a Water Nymph - can turn completely to water, and control it to a certain extent.  Her mother was the ruler of the Water Nymphs until she died while at Arcane Acres.  Hailey has had a broken heart ever since.

Character Sheet
[float=left][img width=220 padding=8]<insert character image here>[/img][/float]
[size=14pt][b]Name[/b][/size]:
[b]Bloodline[/b]:  <Falseblood (one other realm parent) or Pureblood (both parents from other realm)>
[b]Physical Description[/b]:   <age, height, weight, eyes, hair, distinguishing features, and racial traits if applicable IE: you are a minotaur, lion headed man, or something>

[size=12pt][b][u]Cliches[/u][/b][/size]:  <I'm a history nerd, I'm an athletic jock, I'm a dancer, etc... add a brief description>

[size=12pt][b][u]Tools[/u][/b][/size]:
<the stuff you carry on you at all times>

[size=12pt][b][u]Hooks[/u][/b][/size]:
<Personality and things that help to identify who you are. Also, how it's effected others perception of you in general before this group.
IE: I'm very outgoing and love to socialize so I'm one of the most popular people in school! I've spent all my summers at band camp and I am a main chair in the school jazz band.)

[b]What would the others(players) possibly know about you?[/b]
[b]What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? [/b]
< ie: i don't know how to swim, i don't know how to use a computer>

[b]What is your biggest personality flaw?[/b]
< When I'm stressed I snap at people >

[b]What are you most afraid of?[/b]
<  I really don't like creepy crawly things >

[size=12pt][b][u]Tales[/u][/b][/size]:
<3 brief points and/or stories about your history. >
Examples:
- I was in a car crash and that's how I got the scar on my cheek.
- My parents divorced when I was a kid and I've spent all my summers in a foreign country with my other parent learning a 2nd language.
- I've had nightmares since I was a child of drowning and because of it, I'm afraid to learn how to swim. I spent a lot of years in therapy about it but no one has ever figured out where it comes from or why. I've come to cope with it and I can walk over a bridge now without breaking into tears.
- <or they could be a full paragraph detailing some other important event in your life etc...>

[b]Arcane Abilities[/b]: 
< pick one or two unique abilities, they can be magical or physical. Examples: Strong as 10 men, Can shoot lightning, Can fly, can transform into a wolf/Werewolf!, Can control plants!, Has canine advanced senses, etc... >

Approved Characters (so far):

Sela Mathers - NPC/Moraline
John Smith - London
Sullivan O'Crowley - TheHangedMan
Gabriel - Ixy
Estela Amador - Angiejuusan
Harold Dean - Angiejuusan
Skye Mathers - Lithium
Mist Beurnsen - Blinkin
Hailey - Miyaluca
Shang - London

London

Name: John Smith
Bloodline:  Falseblood, Parents Unknown
Physical Description:   18, 6'0" 198 lbs., Green eyes and black hair , John has several tattoos along his arms and fingers, and several scars across his back, and . He is well tanned with a toned build.
Cliches:   He's the guy you take home to meet your parents, when you want to get back at them for something.
Tools:  John always carries a locket with pictures of his parents, a switch blade, cheap flip phone, zippo lighter, lock picks, a wallet with 100 dollars, a flask and a leather jacket. A backpack with school books, note books, a couple pens and a box of condoms.

Hooks:  Taking a mix of classes, John doesn't know what he wants to do after school. He just knows he wants a better life then the one he has had so far.  He has always been outsider and never felt like he fit in with any group he's been around. Although a good friend once he warms up to you, he stays on the outskirts of the different social groups.
It's obvious that he doesn't come from money. Although only a few people know he came from an orphanage, he avoids the subject any time it comes up. Being one of the older boys, he shares a room with a nerdy boy.  Although he is well adapted, he still feels like a street kid and has to spend time in the school's computer lab to do his work. He tries avoid the social groupings that he's not comfortable with., but doesn't always succeed.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you? That he is a street kid trying to make a better life for himself. Although he doesn't seem to have many friends, those he does have are as loyal to him as he is to them.
What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? He's terrible with computers, just barly able to do his homeowrk. John will do anything for his friends, even if it's a little illegal.

What is your biggest personality flaw?John doesn't trust people easily. After being stuck in the church's orphange, he hates people of authority.

What are you most afraid of?Nuns with rulers.

Tales:
When John was 3, he was left on the steps of a Dublin church. Left without any information, he was named by one of the nuns. No one knows where he came from.
At the age of twelve John stole his first car. Taking it for a spin in uptown Dublin, he left he car on the police station steps. No one ever found out he stole the car from one of the priest at the orphanage.
When he was 13 he was moved to another orphanage. This became the start of being moved around several times in the following years.

Arcane Abilities:
John has the ability to Control Shadows.  This ability allows him to shape and darken shadows. With concentration he can make the shadow hard enough hit someone as if they were being hit by a sledge hammer.
He also has the ability to Travel Through Shadows. By concentrating he can step into a shadow and travel up to a mile away. He is only able to travel with the items that he can carry.

TheHangedOne

WIP
Name: Sullivan O'Crowley
Bloodline: Falseblood (3/4th's, technically), son of Tisiphone the Erinyes, and Patrick O'Crowley, Descendant of a sylph and from the blood line of the Gaelic hero Scathach.
Physical Description:  18 years old, though he could pass for a bit older. He's only 5'5, and weighs 160 pounds.  His eyes are usually hazel, but they shine bright orange when he is angered. His hair is usually kept shoulder length, and is the color of tree bark.

Cliches:  Wild child, outsider, freak, Fair Child, Kindly One, animal lover.
Tools: Usually little more than his cell phone, keys, some pocket change, usually some small rocks (the kind that are good for throwing), and a short branch from the tree Yggdrasil, carved into a simple and unadorned flute.

Hooks:
*I don't always understand others, especially the true blood humans. How can they not hear the whispers of the wind, the cries of the earth..?
*I like animals a lot. They are honest with their intentions and thoughts. I despise being associated with humanity.
*I always keep my promises. Others don't usually keep their promises. I have gotten into a lot of trouble for pelting them with rocks for being oathbreakers. I don't understand why.
*I have a friend. He's a Cu Sith. Everyone always gets scared, but he's actually a really good boy! I mean, yes, he is the size of a horse. And has a large appetite. But, he's awesome. He told me his name, but I call him Ripper anyways.
*People like my flute playing.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you?
*I'm odd. Which makes sense, since I think everyone else is odd, too!
*I'm really good with my flute. People like it, animals like it.
*I'm neither shy nor quiet, but I am the outsider.
*I'm always in trouble.
*I like masks. Wearing them, collecting them, placing them in places around the school where they will scare others...

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill?
*Makes no real effort to understand others.
*Despite thinking himself quite mature, he is actually capable of being incredibly immature. He is also blind to his own defects, either unwilling or unable to acknowledge them.
*Takes promises, even those made in haste, very, very seriously. When others fail to adhere to these promises, he becomes violent, which means he has repeatedly gotten in trouble with staff. Add to that that he makes no effort to actually understand why he is being disciplined, and it's no surprise that he is pretty much the number one trouble maker. If he ever breaks a promise himself, he goes into a self-destructive fit that often sees him in the infirmary.

What is your biggest personality flaw?
*When other people fail to adhere to anything resembling a promise, he is driven by an irresistible urge to punish them. This is almost always accomplished by him pelting the oathbreaker with rocks, while shouting curses and condemnations in foreign languages (some times Greek, some times Scottish).
*Being incredibly immature and blind to his own defects.
*Erratic emotions which are tied to the weather. On calm and tranquil days, he can be quite sedate; windy days see an amazing amount of energy from him, as well as a more volatile state. The entire thing boils over during thunderstorms, where he often becomes uncontrollable, taken away by a mad frenzy. On the other hand, keeping him insides (especially underground) seems to lessen the effect that weather has on him, but at the same time, it tends to make him quite sullen and sluggish.

What are you most afraid of?
*Storms, and how they make me feel.
*Losing Ripper.
*My mother, when she's angry.
*Cities. They're unnatural. They want to kill.

Tales:
*My father taught me the art of spear-fighting that was perfected by our ancestors, not to mention various forms of traditional Gaelic wrestling and grappling (including the oft-dreaded and outlawed art of eye-gouging). All the same, discipline and me don't mix; I'd rather rush in nothing but a wolf's pelt, and rip and tear. In theory, I am a disciplined warrior; in practice, I rip and tear my enemies, make them bleed with wild abandon and all the fury and hatred that drives man to war.
*One time, my mother took me with her to show me something important. She explained to me how the blood on her dress would forever remain fresh and dripping, because it was the blood of those who had been slain in an unacceptable manner. So long as unjust murders existed in the world, she would be the bloody one. So long as injustice exists, she taught me, We will have to mete out justice. Humans must learn, or else they will suffer the consequences. That's why we followed the man home. He had killed a child. Not by accident, but by design. He did unspeakable things to her, then ended her life before it could truly begin...
Somewhat graphic

That's why my mother took me into his home. That's why she drove her hands into his chest, broke off his ribs and scattered them around the room. That is why she ripped out his heart, and crushed it to pulp. That is why we went to Kokytos. She drowned his soul in the River of Wailing; "where his kind belong", she said.

*One of my aunts, a Dryad, gave me the flute I now have. She was babysitting me in her grove, which was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. It was so tranquil, I have never found such stillness and perfect beauty ever again. While she was teaching me how to use the flute, and explaining its origins and properties, I attracted the attention of a Cu Sith pup. Old enough to be on his own, but still so young. He took a liking to me, and he has chosen to remain by my side ever since. My aunt says he is my protector, and a connection to my heritage.
Arcane Abilities:
*Child of Nature. He can intuitively understand his position in the wilderness, meaning he does not become lost (even some weaker forms of magical trickery can be defeated). He does this by listening to the whispered secrets of the wind; the gentle, lilting gossip of plants; the songs of birds, and their true meaning; the burbling wisdom of ancient streams.  Furthermore, his ability to so intuitively understand nature, imbued in him by his elemental heritage, gives him an amazing amount of knowledge about flora and fauna. Wild animals also regard him with at least a begrudging amount of respect, and won't attack him unless he initiates hostility.
*Judgment. By studying someone's soul, he is able to tap into a limited form of the power of the Furies. He can root out secrets embedded in the soul of an individual, specifically relating to promises they have made, and whether they were kept or broken. This takes a lot of time, and the information he does gather is often devoid of context, but it can tell him a lot about another individual. When invoking this power, his countenance darkens, black circles appear around his eyes, and the eyes themselves glow like embers. Most people can sense they are being Judged, and find the entire ordeal to be highly uncomfortable, to the point that some individuals are overcome with panic and guilt, as they are also forced to relive their "failures".

This is a very difficult skill for him to use. It requires his full and undivided attention. He must have eye contact with the individual, and be within a few feet of them to use it. He is left vulnerable when using this power, as he can not process anything else happening around him. Being physically jostled in any way can completely disrupt him.
OOC
As I understand this can be a powerful power (haha), and that it might be worrisome to others, I want to establish that what is actually revealed by this power will be wholly up to the person it is used on. The reason I include the phrasing that the target relives their failed promises, is specifically so the other player can post what those failures were. Then, I can build off of that. I will also make sure that my posts are acceptable to the other player, through PMs (with Moraline tagged in since she is the GM), and will only post when it has absolute approval.

Image of Ripper the Cu Sith

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Ixy

Gabriel:
Bloodline:  Pureblood, Vixen (Knave) of Hearts
Physical Description: A svelte, tall, and lovely teenage girl with blazing gold eyes and dirty-blond hair.  An rose-stem tattoo peeks from the hem of her skirt along one creamy thigh.  5'11, 130 lbs, 18 years old.

Cliches:  She's a class-cutting rebel and manipulator with a soft spot for wounded hearts.

Tools: Wallet, flask of Goldshlager, cinnamon gum, sandalwood perfume, makeup, a wool jacket, condoms, clove cigarettes, antique gold lighter-- outside of classes, a fixed-blade carbon-steel karambit knife.

Hooks: A socialite of all cliques, Gabriel makes appearances everywhere, maintaining a suave friendliness that just has to be fake.  She seems to revel in challenging authority subtly... she picks at loose threads, breaks down the arrogant, checks everyone's confidence.  It seems she likes to keep a balance between order and chaos-- not liking too much of either.  She is a painter and makeup artist, incredibly well-read, and loves to be the center of attention sometimes.  She's a world-class fencer, but it's hit or miss if she bothers to show up for practice or competitions.  Occasionally she's been known to obsess over a creation, re-starting a painting over and over, repainting the same subject, changing clothes three times in the middle of a formal function, and she seems unconcerned of rules that she can practically overstep.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you?  She is confident, seeks to better herself, but shows little in the way of insecurity-- except, of course, when she resorts to sarcasm or goes full-throttle perfectionist over a project, personal relationship, or fascination...

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? Gabriel is unreliable for routine tasks.  She never makes up her bed, never makes the bus on time, and misses deadlines.

What is your biggest personality flaw? Rejection can wreck her for weeks.

What are you most afraid of? She is somewhat claustrophobic, and can't stand being seated in the middle of a tight classroom, a small car, etc. 

Tales:
-After she humiliated a fellow student by predicting, to the day, when her boyfriend would dump her, she was tricked into being locked in a janitor's closet.  She was out of class for a solid week, and supposedly she was a wreck when she was let out.
-She wore seven dresses to the junior prom-- not at the same time, of course.
-When she was an underclassman, a fellow student at the academy was picked on for being unattractive, boyish, and asexual-- Gabriel stuck with her for years, becoming her best friend until she 'graduated'... or moved on from the academy.  She went as her platonic date to a homecoming dance, refusing to slow dance alone with anyone unless her friend had a dance lined up already.
-She killed a 'mugger' last year-- certainly some kind of assailant-- and the act was covered-up by the academy to protect her.

Arcane Abilities
She is faster than humans should be
To a degree, she can confuse those who converse with her, getting them to give up secrets, forget their intentions, or embarrass themselves (though she can't predict which).

Moraline

I love all the characters so far. You're all approved!   :P

Do you think I should alter the age range to be 18-19 so they are finishing their last year of High School / University Prep Credits?

MissFire

Francoise Wong Hau Pepilu Trivusky Appledehli

Bloodline: Falseblood

Physical Description: Small and slender figure. Real hair color is black, real eye color is green. She has a full back tattoo and pierced ears. Usually dresses in a more oddly masculine fashion; a dress shirt (untucked) and tie with shorts, boots and stockings, or a ragged t-shirt and jeans with boots. Never seen without her headphones. Eighteen years old, five feet one inches tall.

Cliches: The Freak. Cloud Cuckoolander. Genius Ditz.

Tools: Headphones, a portable music player, a pocket watch, a balisong, and just a little bit of anarchy. She carries no money or identification of any kind. You're lucky she's even wearing pants, quite frankly.

Hooks: Her presence itself is like shouting. She acts like she's been mainlining Red Bull and crystal meth. She is possessed of an over-abundance of energy, speaks quickly, and is always, always, always doing something. Anything. She's filled with confidence and determination, regardless of whether she's competent or not at whatever she's doing. With such a spastic and high-energy personality, people often expect her to be somewhat of a ditz and those that don't really know her have a hard time believing she can even feed herself, much less attend school. She's a lot smarter than she looks, but her talents are fairly niche. Has an encyclopedic knowledge of everything Lovecraft and Conan Doyle ever wrote, is extremely knowledgeable about music and seems to know entirely too much about warfare and human atrocity.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you?
Francoise has a nasty reputation for being a violent anarchist and just an all-around weirdo. Few people actually choose to socialize with her. Because of her arcane ability, some students on campus come to her and seek her advice. They often leave confused.

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? She's like a cat. She comes and goes where and how she pleases, might say one thing and do another, and is unreliable at the best of times. Can be violent when too bored.

What is your biggest personality flaw? Francoise is borderline insane.

What are you most afraid of? Father.

Tales:
-Francoise was born to a human mother and an otherworldly being named Akatosh. She only calls him 'Father' and won't speak His name aloud.
-She wore seven dresses to junior prom. At the same time, of course.
-Raised by the gibbering madwoman that was her mother. Father was out in some other reality.
-Utterly convinced that Father will come back one day, devour her, and then take over the Earth.
-"Francoise" might not even be her actual name.
-Garnered the attention of Arcane Acres when, at the age of fifteen, was kidnapped by genius serial killer Charles 'The Chessmaster' Lee Ray. Police found Francoise and Charles in the basement of his mother's home. Ray had been reduced to a gibbering lunatic barely able to feed himself. Francoise was having a tea party because, "It seemed the proper thing to do."

Arcane Abilities:
Francoise can perceive reality, allowing her to sense the whole truth no matter how it is hidden. If she is questioning someone, she will automatically know if target is lying and sense the truth. Frankie is immune to illusions caused by users of Telepathy, Mental Manipulation, and Illusion Manipulation, even if the users of those themselves are not in the area (as in another building). Her power is effective even on things she reads; if she reads something and it's a lie, she will know. Francoise can see or at least sense the real nature of every person within eyesight and upon first realizing her power, the sheer amount of lies and deception present in human society drove a young Francoise to near insanity, from which she has never quite recovered.

Her powers extend even to body language and fighting, allowing her to see just about any attack coming her way. The downside is that she's not exactly a martial arts master. She has noodly little girl arms, is not very strong, and not all that fast. Most times she'll see a blow coming and, unable to avoid it, will just have to wait for it to hit her.

Francoise can 'share' her ability by touching someone and concentrating, briefly throwing open the doors of perception on some other poor soul.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Angie

I have next to no knowledge of this setting, but I'm very very interested regardless. So if I fuck this entire application up, bear with me?

Name: Estela Amador
Bloodline:  Pureblood, but no idea what she is (it's something Fae related, though)
Physical Description:  Age: 18
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair Color: Pure White
Distinguishing Features: Aside from the odd hair color, her ears are ever so slighty pointed-not so much that regular mortals would see it, but enough that someone who knows what they're looking for could see it.

Cliches: The shy loner who couldn't spit out something important if she wanted to.

Tools: Cell phone, a small gold necklace (said to be her mother's), and that's about it.

Hooks: She really wishes she wasn't as shy as she was. She likes being with people, even if she can't find the words to say it. She doesn't run from social situations, she just freezes up. She absolutely loves books, music, movies, videogames, anything to do with entertainment. In fact, talking about such things is the only time she can actually TALK.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you? Considering how little she talks about herself...she's cute? Well, aside from how absolutely shy she is.

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? She has crippling claustrophobia, and slight Nyctophobia (fear of the dark) as well.

What is your biggest personality flaw? Do you mean besides being shy and barely able to talk?

What are you most afraid of? I believe I already said she can't handle enclosed spaces.

Tales:
- Her parents died when she was just a child. She doesn't know the circumstances surrounding their deaths (and has no desire to learn them), and was raised by adoptive parents. This is also why she doesn't know about her bloodline.
- She first learned of her Blast ability by hitting her step-father with it. After a long time worshiping the porcelain shrine, he seemed remarkably cool with it. Or at least, not angry enough to yell at her or ground her or anything.
- Despite being very shy in day to day life, she has no tolerance for bullies and people who pick on those who can't defend themselves. She has beat the crud out of a bully on at least one occasion.

Arcane Abilities
Sickening Blast: At will, she can throw blasts of magical energy that hurt the target and make them sick. Effects range from mild stomachaches all the way to uncontrollable vomiting.
If the Blast only counts as one:
Flight:Yes, she can fly, and quite fast as well.

So uh, how'd I do?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Moraline

@MissFire- I like the whole concept but have to be careful with the powers. Lots of talk in OOC with other players about stuff alright. Sometimes those types of powers can come across as god modding or stuff so be gentle with the posting and never make any assumptions about what another players "truths/lies" are.  Also, I'm not 100% sold on the idea of being able to pass the powers to others as it's a complicated power to begin with. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to talk about it some more.

@Angiejuusan - The character looks great, I love it all and Yes you can flight as well, make it about as fast as the fastest birds can fly.  IE: Average 50 mph, diving like 110 mph. 

@Everyone - Don't worry about not knowing the setting, just ask questions whenever you feel like it. It's pretty much just a modern day world with "super powered characters" that happens to have some other dimensions (realms) based on fairy tales (Oz, Wonderland, Neverland, and Myst). I have a world building thread to go with this game as well for stuff as needed.

Angie

WHOO! I will admit that she's based off a Warlock I was planning to run in an old D&D game that never got going-flight and the sickening blast were her most used abilities-and lucky me, they slide right into this world too.

MissFire

If the whole concept is being thrown into question then I'm just going to toss it out. 
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Angie

So uh, is there anywhere in particular I should take this character? I see a few threads with similar names in Extreme, should I go there?

London

@ Angiejuusan Moraline hasn't posted a Character Thread yet. Once she posts that we'll post our characters to it.

Oh and by the way, Welcome to the group. :)

Angie

Good to be here, poor Estela's been at the bottom of my character drawer for a while.

London

I'm glad she finally got moved to the top of the list.

Ixy and TheHangMan, It's great to be in a game with you both again.

Ixy

You too.  It's like starting over (and now I have that song stuck in my head)

London

It does feel like we are starting over. It help to hear the song. Sadly I don't know it to sing it for you.

Moraline

Approved Characters (so far):

John Smith - London
Sullivan O'Crowley - TheHangedMan
Gabriel - Ixy
Estela Amador - Angiejuusan

I'm looking forward to see more wonderful characters. I know of at least 2 others that are looking at making them!

Angie

I almost didn't post Estela cause I thought she wasn't good enough :P Good thing people like her then, and I decided to actually finish it!

TheHangedOne

Hey Ixy, London. Yeah, this should be fun.  ;)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

Name: Skye Mathers
Bloodline: Falseblood, daughter of Sela Mathers and the late Prince Erik
Physical Description: She's 18 years old and has a slim, willowy physique, standing at 5'7" and weighing 125 lbs. It makes her seem a bit more dainty and fragile than she really is. She has brown hair, green eyes and delicate, somewhat child-like features.

Cliches: Obsessive overachiever.

Tools: Cell phone, wallet, pen and notepad, all-in-one makeup compact, mascara, lip gloss, a pack of strawberry mints and whatever novel she's reading at the time.

Hooks: On the surface, Skye projects a stoic and confident persona, to the point of sometimes being aggressive. She has a shortish fuse, can be very blunt and likes making sarcastic comments all the time, so she definitely rubs some people the wrong way. She can be extremely critical and demanding, especially towards herself, but also towards others.

Despite all that, she's fairly decent at socializing with people who don't just dislike her right off the bat, although she can seem a bit aloof at times, and it takes a while before she lets people get closer than merely being acquaintances. However, she's extremely loyal and will bend over backwards for anyone that she considers to be a true friend. In general, she's quite a compassionate person who will stand up for those in need and won't tolerate injustice or cruelty.

Below her hard shell, Skye is actually very insecure, always concerned about failure or not doing well enough. She won't admit it, not even to herself, and she doesn't know how to communicate it, but Skye desperately craves attention and approval from her mother. She has a weakness for being shown affection in general, no matter who it's coming from, and she can easily get addicted. She's prone to fits of jealousy if she ever feels that affection being taken away.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you? They've probably heard the whole story about how she's professor Mathers' daughter that was stolen from her at birth by the goddess Venus. Beyond that, it's pretty obvious that she tries very hard to be good at everything and that she always prefers to lead whenever group projects come up or when teams have to be formed in P.E. class.

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? When things don't go her way, Skye is quite susceptible to becoming very frazzled and disheartened.

What is your biggest personality flaw? Skye has a lot of trouble handling criticism and/or admitting her faults, even when she knows that she was in the wrong. It can make her get very catty and defensive.

What are you most afraid of? Abandonment and failure.

Tales:
-Stolen at birth by Venus, she was raised under the name 'Ilys' and basically brainwashed and manipulated for her entire childhood
-A few years ago, she was confronted on the Arcane Acres grounds by Sela Mathers, a woman who claimed to be her true biological mother. Refusing to believe it, Ilys lashed out wildly with her powers, nearly razing the entire school to the ground.
-After several more tumultuous confrontations between the two, Ilys finally discovered the truth about Venus and accepted that she was actually Sela's daughter, Skye.
-She joined her real mother back at the school, but Sela had to leave shortly thereafter on some critical quest to save the world, so since then Skye has mostly been raised by Belinda, with the two of them becoming very close.

Arcane Abilities: Skye can wield the elements as well as several other more abstract form of mystical energies in various, mostly destructive fashions. She possesses a great deal of raw power, but her control still requires improvement.

Moraline

@Lithium - Approved! And I think the choice of avatars was spot on. I could see her playing that role very clearly. And your interpretation of her background story was great! So Extra Special Welcome to our first Cannon/Non-Cannon character interpretation!

@Anyone Reading This -  Don't be intimidated by the cannon of the setting. We are just using it as general guidelines, no previous knowledge is required.

Lithium

Quote from: Moraline on May 27, 2015, 03:45:12 PM
@Lithium - Approved! And I think the choice of avatars was spot on. I could see her playing that role very clearly. And your interpretation of her background story was great! So Extra Special Welcome to our first Cannon/Non-Cannon character interpretation!

^.^ Thanks! It clicked in my head right away when I saw the avatar for Skye in the comics, I couldn't resist. The background was mostly thanks to you, the info that you gave me was great.

Acula

@ Moraline I just noticed this was up! Whoops >_< Are there still spots available? Also, Hailey sounds like an interesting character :3

Moraline

@ Miyaluca - This game is going to be much more freeform than the other game so it can take as many characters as wish to join up.    If you would like to get some background information on Hailey then just shoot me a PM and I can give you her info in brief.  Or if you choose you can make an original character. It's up to you. We'd be happy to have you.

Ixy

Just in case I forgot to mention, I'll be out of town tomorrow and much of Saturday, but will try to check in that night :)