Darkbringers: Isekai Adventure (5th DnD rulesystem, some homebrew)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, August 03, 2019, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilkenVenom

Quote from: Pink Professional on August 07, 2019, 05:06:36 PM
I agree. It's important to have such big characters have big differences, especially since they each of the 'Pure' Martials fill such different niches as well; the Berserker in Spinebreaker, The Honourable Brute in Gazra, or the Arrogant Thrillseeker in Guan

I'm not sure if I should be insulted by this is you're going to inclube Ja'rok, but not Vera, or not.  :P

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on August 07, 2019, 04:19:22 PM
Sorry for the double post but how is everyone else coming along? Any tweaks or such on anyone to gleam over or personality bits to explore?

I've added some stuff to Vera's sheet on the Description and Personality boxes. Right now I'm working on a more detailed description of her Dark Domain.

Pink Professional

I count Vera as more of a Spellblade than a Pure Martial class, since Spinebreaker is gonna be raging and using his spells to Smite people and stuff. Vera will provide an entirely different dynamic than the inevitable cockfighting that goes on if all the aforementioned 3 get in. Cockfighting which Guan would win. Don't @me.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: euanthe on August 07, 2019, 04:57:03 PM
I’ve switched Keiyurikyouu’s race over to Half-Elf Drow. Tiefling was a good fit when I was imagining a Fiendish Patroness, but now that I’m going with the Kraken as Zaer suggested, I’d prefer something a little more water-and-darkness themed, and Half-Elf Drow seems to fit the bill (I am still open to other suggestions though).

I’ve equipped her with Full Plate armor (I’m not quite sure how we’re dealing with equipment, so I picked whatever mundane gear seemed appropriate) but if it’s acceptable I’d like to re-flavor this as ‘Tentacle Armor’ - exactly the same mechanically, just… skimpier <3 .

Nice you picked the kraken patron (and went for tentacle sex sort initiation ;)). However confirm to everyone; besides artifact Isekai power you do not start with magic items. Your gear will be generated same standard manner as for all 1st level chars (the gear set comes from main class but if other class is caster needing focus or spellbook you get those in as additional gear). So no full plate but scale mail as usual if want go heavy as you can on armor. How armor or gear looks is up to you (so long mechanics are same). So full plate can look like a bikini.

In pic wise I like the present one so you can be albino half-drow. But in spoiler are some suggestions;

Half-drow magic knights

Just reminder as fighter you can use any weapon, swords, staffs, axes etc.

Laughing Hyena

Im partial to picture 6 as Im a big fan of hokengeki's artwork.

Pink Professional

YamaOrca (#5) and Ganessa (#4) are also great as well. Long been fans of both artists.

Quote from: euanthe on August 07, 2019, 05:13:45 PM
"Oh, it's just trying to let you know it wouldn't try to stop you if you wanted to rape me or anything, Gu-Bu-han-chan. Don't let it bother you."

"You are just gonna be a pain in my ass, aren't you? Count yourself lucky that you're useful and good on the eyes..."

Laughing Hyena

"Enough talking, these knights won't finish themselves off. Well maybe with some motivation..."

NotoriusBEN

Lots of Patrons and Elder gods seem to be cephalopodian...
and I think I'm done with filling out all the boxes and ticking all the buttons and widget for Elias.

Im finding that having the Mask of Many Faces, his motivation for the bargain in the first place was to not be who he was, to be one of the popular kids, and still be as smart and sharp as he is.
It just turns out that Elias' 'popularity' comes from a bunch of people that he can't respect. They are bound to him, to always obey and be subservient. So he's going to use them as the tools they are.

euanthe

Quote from: Pink Professional on August 07, 2019, 06:00:57 PM
"You are just gonna be a pain in my ass, aren't you? Count yourself lucky that you're useful and good on the eyes..."

"You want me to put my tentacles where?!?!" ("Well, it's not like I mind <3")

I think I’ll go with the fifth image, although I like the sixth a lot as well. Those dark feathers in the background will be more… tentacle-y in Keiyurikyouu’s case though.

“Okay, so, standard fighter equipment… that’s chainmail with AC two points lower… Rehhhh! Zaer-san wants me in chains and 10% easier to hit on! Zaer-san, hentai!!!” Blushes. “Well, it’s not like I mind or anything.”

Isengrad

original artwork by karabiner

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: euanthe on August 08, 2019, 10:50:01 AM
“Okay, so, standard fighter equipment… that’s chainmail with AC two points lower… Rehhhh! Zaer-san wants me in chains and 10% easier to hit on! Zaer-san, hentai!!!” Blushes. “Well, it’s not like I mind or anything.”

"Chainmail bikini is classic DnD armor for women so do not complain!"

euanthe

Quote from: Isengrad on August 08, 2019, 10:59:43 AM
OH NO....Tsundere

She probably won't be so Tsun-tsun dere-dere in the actual RP...

Pink Professional

Quote from: euanthe on August 08, 2019, 10:50:01 AM
"You want me to put my tentacles where?!?!" ("Well, it's not like I mind <3")

*Grabs the Sky-piercer. Lifts it an inch, drops it an inch.* "Useful. Hot. Useful. Hot. Useful. Hot..."

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on August 07, 2019, 06:18:38 PM
"Enough talking, these knights won't finish themselves off. Well maybe with some motivation..."

"Find me the strongest one. You and Gazra can deal with the trash."

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Pink Professional on August 08, 2019, 12:31:11 PM
"Find me the strongest one. You and Gazra can deal with the trash."

"Screw you, Im taking the champion on!"

Pink Professional

"Why would I let you get the Strong one? Last time you did, you threw your toys out of the pram and broke her in while we had to siege the fucking keep."

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: SilkenVenom on August 07, 2019, 05:37:36 PM
I've added some stuff to Vera's sheet on the Description and Personality boxes. Right now I'm working on a more detailed description of her Dark Domain.

Looks good, also Dark Domain is indeed go freeform in description/flavor. So long Dark Domain can be located any place in 1 mile radius solid, then it can change terrain/environment as you desire. Ofc it cannot block the sun but area could be clouded in foggy cold mist which blocks most sunlight out example.

Edit; Also found nice elf/half-elf pic also (facebook)

Pic

NotoriusBEN

"I know you two fight over toys, but we have a task at hand, currently. Business first, pleasure later."

(Also, I know we have our dark blessings and almost a 1 for 1 dual level gain, but we are glass cannons for the foreseeable future. We get another couple of levels, we will be juggernauts then)

Isengrad

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on August 08, 2019, 12:45:30 PM
"Screw you, Im taking the champion on!"

"Hey, You know the deal...Rock, paper, scissors for it."

Laughing Hyena

*Grunts with a determined gleam in his eyes with his hand at the ready*

Pink Professional

"This is bullshit. I even called dibs first!"

*Grumbles, fist in the centre ready to throw.*
Quote from: NotoriusBEN on August 08, 2019, 01:51:28 PM
"I know you two fight over toys, but we have a task at hand, currently. Business first, pleasure later."

*Keeps grumbling about not even claiming half of them, and about being compared to the 'Demon-Orc bastard with the Shitty weapon.'

Isengrad

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on August 08, 2019, 02:47:44 PM
*Grunts with a determined gleam in his eyes with his hand at the ready*

Quote from: Pink Professional on August 08, 2019, 03:13:02 PM
"This is bullshit. I even called dibs first!"

*Grumbles, fist in the centre ready to throw.*
*Keeps grumbling about not even claiming half of them, and about being compared to the 'Demon-Orc bastard with the Shitty weapon.'

"Allright... On the count of three... One" readies his own fist "Two....Three."

"The battle has Begun."

Laughing Hyena

"Uhhh... the image is broken. Nice build up but I think we rolled a natural 1."

Isengrad

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on August 08, 2019, 04:45:47 PM
"Uhhh... the image is broken. Nice build up but I think we rolled a natural 1."

I uploaded the image somewhere else to fix it

Pink Professional

Good ol' History's Strongest Disciple. If only it had a proper, not-rushed ending.

Isengrad

yeah, the ending fight was still enjoyable, but I would have loved to see more of his training and a point where he truly became a Master

NotoriusBEN

So looking at the player list (and the characters that the players are really set on from what I've seen in the thread)

Ja'rok ShatterspinePaladin of Conquest 3 / Barbarian T1, Steelbane, Legendary
Guan Buhan Fighter Samurai 3 / Ranger T1, Weapon Master, Artefact
Vera Dreadrose Paladin Oathbreaker 3 / Wizard T1, Supreme Being, Dark Domain
Elias Balthezar Warlock Great Old One 3 / Wizard T1, Minion Master, Unrivaled Mind
Keiyurikyouu Figher Eldritch Knight 3 / Warlock T1, Dark Seduction, Shadow Mistress
Gazra, the Demon Fist  Fighter Brute 3 / Monk T1, Supreme Being, Artefact

We are basically Team Not Very Subtle.

I'm pretty stoked about the list and I've always liked unbalanced teams. We have lots of front line potential, but we do have some magic tricks, too, besides my Warlock.
I haven't looked at everyone's spells, but I know for me, I'm going to look into control spells that are mind altering and psychic, to keep with Elias' motif. Thinking of Elias' motivations, as well as his spy ring he wants to insinuate among the good heroes, I think he would love to do lots of magical research, learning spells and, (if Zaer is ok with it), create new spells and alter existing spells. But that is far down the line and not something doable at level 3 right now.

I bought Matt Colville's Strongholds and Followers Book which has some pretty cool ideas for making magic (and balancing it) as well as making strongholds (Not to worry, Vera, these strongholds are not available until level 8 or 9 and are super expensive to build or renovate.) I'm just kicking it out there, I can lend Zaer a pdf copy if he wants to look at it and get some new ideas for things later or not at all.