Mulholland High OOC thread

Started by Valerian, November 27, 2009, 01:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

As he admitted, Kurzyk was the Brood Alien, who converted Remiel to a Pod Person early on in the game.  Had that been blocked, things could have gone very differently; but again, that's one of the big hazards of losing the guardian character early on.  That seems to change the odds considerably.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Izu

When I'm with the good guys - they end up eaten. When I'm with the bad guys - they end up killed -.-''

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Remiel

Quote from: Valerian on January 11, 2010, 12:42:58 PM
As he admitted, Kurzyk was the Brood Alien, who converted Remiel to a Pod Person early on in the game.  Had that been blocked, things could have gone very differently; but again, that's one of the big hazards of losing the guardian character early on.  That seems to change the odds considerably.

We also had another advantage, and that was having Mithlomwen as the class president.  Ironically, I wasn't a Pod Person yet when I nominated her  ;D.

Even so, the game could really have gone either way.  If Izu had changed his vote to Kip instead of Kurzyk, we would have had a 4-4 tie which would have had to have been broken by Doomsday.

I still maintain that having more conspirators actually makes it harder for the bad guys to win, because it really goes against human nature.  As members of Elliquiy, and as human beings, it is extremely difficult to behave in a manner that is--at least, superficially--disloyal to the team.  That is, we're really reluctant to vote to lynch other members of the team in order to make ourselves seem innocent, even if by doing so we can use that presumption of innocence to try to turn the vote in later rounds. 

Perhaps in the next game we could have a maximum of three bad guys and see how it goes?

Valerian

Well, next game I'll most likely be a mere player; but if that still hasn't been tried by the next time I run one, we can give that a shot, sure.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE