Gunstar Autochthonia Campaign - Recruitment Thread!

Started by BruceTheCat, August 30, 2014, 10:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Unless you are striking up a conversation during the private setting, probably Presence. Depends on how you play it out.

We may be awarding additional dots of artifacts per background points.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

ReijiTabibito

The idea would be that my character would...extract information during 'pillow talk' time with the...unfortunate target.

Okay, well, if you guys do that, let me know so's I can adjust accordingly.

Re Z L

Socialize is to social combat what War is to physical combat
A&A

ReijiTabibito

Which means...what?  Oh, also - how are we handling Linguistics, since, you know...we're not in Creation?

BruceTheCat

Before our game starts I am going to make up a bunch of other reoccurring antagonists that we would encounter out in space. Think sort of Warhammer esk. We can pick languages based on those extra races.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

ReijiTabibito

Okay...but aboard the Gunstar, there's just one language?

BruceTheCat

I imagine there are multiple languages (someone can probably confirm with the books) but we won't be taking Linguistics into account for those. Only for the foreign species or races.

I am changing one of the rules to reflect what I mentions earlier. 3 dots of Artifact for 1 point in Backgrounds for Solars, Lunars, and Sidereals. 4 for DB and Alchemicals
- scribus1000

AndyZ

Hmm...I think that I'll go with the Dawn if we do system combat and the Twilight if we keep combat to freeform.  Both of those would work pretty well in those respective methods.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  Well, it's not completely done, but it's 95% there.  I still have a couple questions that need answering, but I'll post what I have.

Graceful Argent Wind

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yRTj1_00WNU/UtKFcPY9MII/AAAAAAAAeug/2bcNGTueO9I/s1600/Strike+the+Blood+Rihavein+La+Folia+KAWAIIII++Render.png
Exaltation/Caste/Character Concept: Lunar/No Moon/Dancing Spymaster
Motivation: Defend the Gunstar from its internal enemies.
Attributes:

Physical:
Strength 2
(F) Dexterity 5
Stamina 4

Social:
Charisma 4
Manipulation 3
Appearance 5

(F) Mental:
Perception 4
Intelligence 5
Wits 4

Abilities:

Favored Abilities:
Martial Arts 5 (+2 White Reaper Style)
Survival 2 (+2 Tracking)

Other Abilities:
Athletics 3 (+1 Leaping)
Awareness 5 (+2 Tracking, +1 Listening)
Dodge 5 (+2 Multiple Opponents)
Integrity 3
Investigation 5 (+2 Conducting Interviews)
Lore 2
Occult 2
Performance 5 (+3 Dance)
Presence 3 (+2 Extracting Information)
Resistance 3
Socialize 3
Stealth 3 (+2 Evading Pursuers)

Backgrounds: 0 free BG Points
Artifact 4 (Moonsilver Battle Armor – Crimson Typhoon; Resplendent Courtesan’s Garb; Moonsilver Dire Lance; Hearthstone Amulet; +1)
Backing 3 (The Void Hunt)
Connections 5 (Argent’s Spy Network)
Heart’s Blood 2 (4-10 Shapes)
Manse 4 (Seven Leaping Dragons Stone)
Manse 3 (Stone of Judgment)
Reputation 4 (Entertainer, Dancer)

Charms:
Excellencies: 1st Appearance, 1st Charisma, 1st Dexterity, 1st Intelligence, 1st Wits
Defensive Charms: Golden Tiger Stance, Wary Swallow Method, Ferocious Guardian Beast Stance, Heron Sheds Rain
Disguise Charms: Perfect Symmetry
Endurance Charms: Ox-Body Technique (-2x4)
Wits Speed Charms: Wasp Sting Blur, Many-Armed Monkey Style
White Reaper Style (Whole Tree, 9 Charms)

Knacks:
Changing Plumage Mastery
Deadly Beastman Transformation
Hybrid Body Rearrangement
Prey’s Skin Disguise
Towering Beast Form

Virtues:
Compassion 2
Conviction 2
Temperance 5
Valor 2

Languages:

Intimacies:

Essence: 5
Personal Essence Pool: 25
Peripheral Essence Pool: 60
Committed Essence:
Willpower: 10

Health Levels: 11
0 []
-1 [] []
-2 [] [] [] [] [] []
-4 []
Incapacitated []

Hearthstones:
Stone of Judgment (Water III, freestanding)
Seven Leaping Dragon Stone (Celestial IV, set into Amulet)

Equipment:

Combat Stats:
Join Battle:
Dodge DV:
Dodge MDV:
Parry MDV:

Move:
Dash:
Jump:

Soak:

Attacks: Speed/Accuracy/Damage/Parry DV/Rate

Experience: 500 XP (500 total, 1 unspent)
Increase Essence to 5: 81xp
White Reaper Style Martial Arts (9 Charms): 90xp
Increase Charisma & Stamina 2 to 4: 40xp
Increase Manipulation 2 to 3: 8xp
Increase Dexterity & Intelligence 4 to 5: 24xp
Increase Wits 3 to 4: 9xp
Increase Survival 1 to 2: 2xp
Increase Abilities 3 to 5 (Awareness, Dodge, Investigation, Martial Arts, Performance): 70xp
Increase Abilities 1 to 3 (Athletics, Integrity, Presence, Resistance, Socialize): 30xp
Defensive Charms (Ferocious Guardian Beast Stance, Heron Sheds Rain): 20xp
Deadly Beastman Transformation, Hybrid Body Rearrangement, Prey’s Skin Disguise, Towering Beast Form Knacks: 44xp
Increase Stealth 2 to 3: 4xp
Stamina Charms (Ox-Body): 12xp
10 Specialties: 30xp
Gain Occult, Increase 1 to 2: 5xp
Wits Charms (Excellency & Speed Charms): 30xp

Bonus Points:
Awareness Specialty (+1 Listening)
Martial Arts Specialties (Favored, 2:1, +2 White Reaper)
Survival Specialties (Favored, 2:1, +2 Tracking)
Backing 3 (The Void Hunt)
Heart’s Blood 2 (4-10 Shapes)
Manse 3 (Stone of Judgment)
+5 Willpower Dots
+2 Virtue Dots

Resplendent Courtesan's Garb (4), 2m Attunement
[Essence] times per day, the Exalt can choose a target from a group that could be affected by her Performance Charms.
[Charisma or Manipulation]+Performance roll, 3m to activate. Target's MDV is modified by the difference between target's Appearance and the Exalt's Appearance. If Exalt's Appearance is higher, target takes a penalty. If target's Appearance is higher, target gets a bonus. This roll can be modified by any Performance Charm.
If the Exalt scores at least one success, the target is under Unnatural Mental Influence in the form of a temporary Intimacy of Desire and Utmost Trust toward the Exalt, lasting until the next morning.

Re Z L

Some important things for people to know about Gunstar:

• Uses typical Autochthonian technology (ie. stuff from the Alchemicals book)
  • Casteless Lunars/Wyld Taint doesn't exist, and Lunars don't normally have their tattoos (they can purchase them to protect from physical shaping as an Artifact 2)--I think this means that all five of the original Lunar Castes are available, GM?
  • Dragon-Blooded use the Lookshy creation rules (and also the Solar BP costs as per the GM's house rule)
  • Artifact Background:  Exalts gain 3 dots worth of artifacts per dot in the background; Dragon-Blooded and Alchemicals gain 4.
  • Breeding Background:  3 dots of breeding costs 1 bonus point/background dot--costs as normal beyond that.  Note:  Having less than 3 breeding means you're widely regarded as "imperfect" and sometimes "sub-Exalted".
  • Class:  Replaces Followers, Influence, Resources, Salary.  As per the book DB/Alchemicals receive Class 3 for free, Celestial Exalts receive Class 4 for free.
  • Cult:  Celestial Exalts receive Cult 3 for free.
  • Manse:  Manses don't exist within Autochthon.

Want to make any changes to that, GM?
A&A

BruceTheCat

Thanks for the combined list Re Z L!

The only thing I would change is that Manse's do not exist. Not because Re Z L is incorrect (he is correct) but just because if you would like to have a Manse that would make sense to have on the Gunstar, I see no reason why you can't. We can bend the rules and fantasy a little on those if you really want to have some cool place to call home and roleplay in.
- scribus1000

Re Z L

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 02, 2014, 12:50:30 AM
Thanks for the combined list Re Z L!

The only thing I would change is that Manse's do not exist. Not because Re Z L is incorrect (he is correct) but just because if you would like to have a Manse that would make sense to have on the Gunstar, I see no reason why you can't. We can bend the rules and fantasy a little on those if you really want to have some cool place to call home and roleplay in.

It's a minor issue, honestly.  You could say still that manses don't exist (because they don't), but the Hearthstones exist as various Elemental Power cores, which function almost identically to Hearthstones.

PS:  I'm looking at some possible Martial Arts that allow armor...  Are there any power armors that you would classify as "medium" or less?
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

I think the Immaculate Dragons (DB's armor) is medium unless it's earth aspected armor. Or overall treat power armors as medium armor unless you buy the extra plating and such.

Anyways for worth of mention anyone can freely ask do they want to be part of my char circle or be my char lunar mate.

AndyZ

Possibly a strange or unusual question, but if I go with Steel Orchid (which is still up in the air, I'm sorry), and I give her flying, how will that work in MC?  Would I have to go for Command of flying units, or would non-flyers still provide benefits to some degree?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

BruceTheCat

A lot of the game will take place on random planets and land masses, as well as boarding attacks or boarding parties. So if you don't take Flying, you will still be extremely useful. It's one of those things where if I step back and look at every characters sheets once we finish, and nobody has Flying, then we won't do almost any of it. Not that it won't be happening, it just won't be the focus of the game.

And vice versa.
- scribus1000

Muse

Good morning, Red. 

Do we use flying or sail? 

What section of the site do you want this game in?  AKA, what sort of sexual content, and how often would you like it to come up? 

(Probably best to approach it from what you would enjoy, and then let people opt out of any content they don't want.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BruceTheCat

Flying.

I am going to put the game in NC Exotic, not because I think we will end up doing everything therein, but I like to prepare for any future players or interests.
- scribus1000

ReijiTabibito

Question.  Which set of DBs exist aboard the Gunstar?  The Gens of Lookshy or the Houses of the Dynasty?  Or neither?  Do there happen to be 'new' organizations of DBs?

AndyZ

QuoteThe Dragon-Blooded
Once, the Dragon-Blooded were the foremost soldiers in
the Army of the Gods, marching against hosts of devas and
star-spanning behemoths. To the Terrestrial Exalted, that
war has still not ended. Dragon-Blooded are still the elite
soldiers of the Exalted, piloting voidfighters on the Gunstar
Defense Line or serving in the ranks of the Deliberative
Army. Other Dragon-Blooded serve the Realm as magitech
engineers and technicians, installing and maintaining the
industrial wonders of the Eight Nations. Still others are
district administrators, overseeing the local government and
bureaucracy of metropoli while the Solar Exalted rule from
on high. In all things, the Dragon-Blooded are the esteemed
and honored subordinates of the Celestial Exalted, beneath
them in station and power, but not in dignity.
Upon Exaltation, a young Dragon-Blood is taken from
her family and enrolled in one of the Realm’s Terrestrial
academies. The Steel Crucible of Dragons Academy puts
those with the most martial aptitudes through grueling
regimens of training in preparation for service in the Gunstar Defense Line. Those with an aptitude for command
are placed in the Upright Soldier Military Academy, or
in the Scarlet Academy of Proper Bearing if their inclinations lean more towards governance than warcraft. Youth
with the makings of a savant or sorcerer are enrolled in the
Eight Degrees of Enlightenment Academy, learning the
fundamentals of magitech and the motonic sciences from
pedagogic material intelligences. Once a Dragon-Blood has
completed five years of hyper-accelerated education, she is
formally recognized as a member of the Terrestrial Host and
a hero of the Realm.

I think we can safely say neither Lookshy nor Dynasts.

BruceTheCat

Are you asking for thematic purposes, or character creation?
- scribus1000

ReijiTabibito

...both?  Argent has a combat crew that she normally operates with.  Their job is to take care of internal matters, and they'll go out on the front when there's orders stated for them to.  Her crew consists of 5 - herself, two Terrestrials (one Air, one Earth), an Alchemical (Jade), and possibly one Sidereal (Battles, though they may or may not be out fighting when the time comes, and they're the least seen of the group, anyways).

BruceTheCat

Since the Gunstar took off way before Lookshy or the Dynasty were founded, neither exist on board the ship. There are just DB.

For the purposes of character creation you can use whichever template you prefer for spending your points. Just make sure to follow the rule set in my first post.
- scribus1000

ReijiTabibito

Well, according to Rez' list, mechanically DBs are built around the Lookshy template (See a few posts bac), but I'm asking more thematically - names, Gens/Houses, elemental predilections, that sort of thing.

BruceTheCat

I'm unable to help you here without the book. Can someone else field this question?
- scribus1000

Re Z L

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 02, 2014, 05:46:19 PM
Well, according to Rez' list, mechanically DBs are built around the Lookshy template (See a few posts bac), but I'm asking more thematically - names, Gens/Houses, elemental predilections, that sort of thing.

Gens/Houses simply don't exist as far as I understand it.  The setting isn't very particular about how it works with DBs, and doesn't even give any example characters like it does with the Celestials...

I'd suspect that generally all mortals have the capability to exalt as a DB, and the blood doesn't necessarily run stronger or weaker in one family or another (due to specific eugenics programs onboard Gunstar)--hence the cheap cost of buying Breeding 3.  When they do Exalt they're snagged up and sent off to 5 years of advanced training depending on their predilections.
A&A