News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

World of Darkness (old or new) Craving

Started by Served Cold, October 12, 2009, 07:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Served Cold

Just putting a flag up to see if I could get in on any new or existing World of Darkness games.  Clarification:  Not looking to run, just play.  I tend to prefer Vampire Masquerade and Requiem, Mage Ascension, and Changeling Lost.

Ixy

I'll second this.  It would be neat to have a good group White Wolf game... I'm partial to Requiem or Masquerade, though I know a little (very little) about Changeling.  Like you, I'm not terribly keen on running the game.  I could, however, help to narrate some side-scenes if we had an appropriate ST.

Voichin

I'd enjoy a WoD game too, though I tend to prefer Mage:The Awakening and Werewolf: The Forsaken from the new WoD.
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

Elven Sex Goddess

Here is a game that could possibly be brought back to life.   For what ever reason it did not get off the ground.  At the time not too much interest I suppose.  A game of Vampire the Requiem.  'Nights over Lower Merion Township'.

Here is the link to the ooc thread started for the game.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=30097.0

I am not sure if Rubyslippers would be willing to revive her concept and run it.   Thou I be willing to take part in it. 

RubySlippers

Well we need another ST so I can play and not have issues of favortism pop up, but I'm game to restart if we can get enough players.

I set it in a more rural area where there are colleges including Bryn Mawr and should support a small vampire community. On the plus side there is no leadership per se.

Senti

I run a lot of table top NWod, both changling and werewolf. I have two games that I can suggest. However being rather new i am not sure I should ST...still I have a lot of expirience.

the werewolf game is easier to run online, I think.

So there we go...just offering.

RubySlippers

I don't have any other books but the core book and core vampire book.

I was toying with a Supernatural themed game using the core nWoD rules and ading in some rules for that series. But all will be pretty much new hunters, if anyone is interested.

NightFall

Tossing my hat in here. Definitely interested in a nWoD game, though I'm still new at it. Changeling or V:tR would be awesome.

Raveled

I like nWoD.  Werewolf is my ultimate favorite, though I've recently been made a convert to Hunter.  Mortal games are nice, because we all know how to play one of those folks.  I can play Vampire, though it's hardly my favorite system.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

RubySlippers

I would love to point out my game setting doesn't demand you be a vampire, mortals and even other supernaturals are fine. I just don't have rules for the others. The idea was is a haven for those supernaturals with no home per se like vampires that don't want to be bothered with politics. mages that are neutral, werewolves that are rugged individualists etc.

Krysia

I am starting a completely old world of darkness forums. If interested contact me off E. I don't want to take games away from people here.

I am looking for ST's for the site. :)

Ixy

I'm not ruling out any particular venue except mage at this point... if you guys are into it, that's fine, but I'll pass on mage.

As far as Hunter and Werewolf, I haven't even laid eyes on the books for the nWoD versions, but I'm willing to take a look if that's what the bunch of you decide.

While one of the lures of nWoD is the INSANE amount of weird, obscure bloodlines and courts and etc., I think it would be great to have a "normal" group-- whatever venue, if we keep to the core books for ideas and don't elect to have a "Superfiends!" game, it would make the rarer courts, bloodlines, etc. special. 

I think Ruby's setting looks cool... too bad we don't have a Storyteller volunteer yet.  Senti-- thanks for the mention.  It's not easy to run a game here, though it's easier with very few players or with a bunch of independent players who are capable of taking off 'on their own' and running their own story. 

Some things to think on, if anybody likes the idea:
1- we could self-narrate until we hit a point of conflict... then, we shoot the "ST" a PM to ask for a judgement call.  The ST's input can come in at any time to direct/control plot, though, if somebody's interested in throwing out a story at some point.

2- what kind of power level?  I'm thinking medium to low. Higher-level powers mean higher-level cheese. 

3- could we consider chosing one 'primary' venue and limit to one non-venue character (werewolf in a requiem venue, for example) for every 2 regulars? 

Just some food for thought, ill-organized as it is.  Starting to get excited about the idea of playing again, though :)

Raveled

I would actually be very interested in playing a werewolf in a vamp game; the muscle of the group, so to speak, not to mention a walking blood bank.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Raveled on October 16, 2009, 12:29:41 AM
I would actually be very interested in playing a werewolf in a vamp game; the muscle of the group, so to speak, not to mention a walking blood bank.

Unless you danced the spiral.  No garou would ever be a blood bank for the leeches.   Even then it be like putting two rabid dogs into a room and expecting them to share the bone. 

Senti

I must admit I am not overly keen on vampire either N or 0 WoD.

I tend to find werewolf works for a group as they are pack animals. Even more so in NWoD.

Elven Sex Goddess

The original poster asked about Vampire,  Mage and Changling. 

I be up for any of those.   Thou if had a preference, changling be fun.

Senti

Well I have played all of them and run them all before now. In NWoD its eaier to run a mixed game I find.

(It never hurts to try to slip werewolf in there.)

Kayn

Ah, good old WoD. I have always loved Vamp and Changeling, Mage is always fun, but more then one in a story and things get...silly. I would love to get involved in any White Wolfing... or Werewolfing. XD
Ons and Offs

Currently looking for RP's, so take a look.

Raveled

Quote from: Asherah on October 16, 2009, 12:39:38 AM
Unless you danced the spiral.  No garou would ever be a blood bank for the leeches.   Even then it be like putting two rabid dogs into a room and expecting them to share the bone.

That's assuming oWoD, which I do not play.  nWoD, any number of reasons for a Ghost Wolf to work for vamps.
O|O A|A Ideas

Kayn

Including good old fashioned "Been turned into a slave by Vampire magick."

Yeah, is there any wonder why i like WoD so much?...
Ons and Offs

Currently looking for RP's, so take a look.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Ixy on October 15, 2009, 10:23:41 PM
I'm not ruling out any particular venue except mage at this point... if you guys are into it, that's fine, but I'll pass on mage.

As far as Hunter and Werewolf, I haven't even laid eyes on the books for the nWoD versions, but I'm willing to take a look if that's what the bunch of you decide.

While one of the lures of nWoD is the INSANE amount of weird, obscure bloodlines and courts and etc., I think it would be great to have a "normal" group-- whatever venue, if we keep to the core books for ideas and don't elect to have a "Superfiends!" game, it would make the rarer courts, bloodlines, etc. special. 

I think Ruby's setting looks cool... too bad we don't have a Storyteller volunteer yet.  Senti-- thanks for the mention.  It's not easy to run a game here, though it's easier with very few players or with a bunch of independent players who are capable of taking off 'on their own' and running their own story. 

Some things to think on, if anybody likes the idea:
1- we could self-narrate until we hit a point of conflict... then, we shoot the "ST" a PM to ask for a judgement call.  The ST's input can come in at any time to direct/control plot, though, if somebody's interested in throwing out a story at some point.

2- what kind of power level?  I'm thinking medium to low. Higher-level powers mean higher-level cheese. 

3- could we consider chosing one 'primary' venue and limit to one non-venue character (werewolf in a requiem venue, for example) for every 2 regulars? 

Just some food for thought, ill-organized as it is.  Starting to get excited about the idea of playing again, though :)

I would note in nWoD werwolves don't automatically hate vampires, most take them on a case by case basis. Hell most are good neighbors compared to some other options like demon spirits. I think we can do my setting with vampires, werewolves or whatever. I will ST any mortals and vampires other than myself. I don't have the other rulebooks for the other supernaturals.

Served Cold

Wow!  I have some personal stuff come up, and when I come back, the thread positively EXPLODES with eagerness.  Joy oh joy!

OK, I did request Vampire, Mage, or Changeling, but it seems that a lot of people are interested in either old or new Werewolves.  Sorry fellas, but that's just not my cup of tea.

If Rubyslippers can be convinced to run with a co-ST, it seems like we have a taker and a stable of players to choose from.  I hadn't thought about a human game, so that could work, but I've never been a fan of hunters, either with a small or large "h."

That being said, where do things stand?

Raveled

I like WoD, but I don't like vamps.  Get back to me if you're willing to have a wolf.
O|O A|A Ideas

Voichin

OK, ladies and gentlemen. It will be my first game as a GM here, but certainly not in my career.

I'm quite willing to start Werewolf:The Forsaken game, set somewhere in South Eastern Europe. The place is good for several reasons:

-Lots of rural areas with dwindling or scarce population.
-Diverse geography. You can climb down from almost 3000 meters to the seashore and then go 1600m up an island in less than 24 hours.
-Abundance of recent military conflicts, remnants from the old regimes, active organized crime...
-Rich historical past. And I don't mean the Ancient Greek only.
- Last but not least, I know the region well, so descriptions will be accurate.
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

Raveled

O|O A|A Ideas