Necessary Evil (M&M 3e)

Started by Aoife, February 13, 2012, 05:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aoife

The evil you know... is probably, maybe, better than the evil you don't.

A dying trans-dimensional alien race has sacked Earth, destroying many major cities and, virtually to a man, wiped out the superhero population of Earth. The previous defenders of humanity are dead, and what remains is a world bleak and devoid of hope.  Despite a huge toll of losses on the part of the Invaders (as humanity refers to them), there were still far too many to hold back with mere conventional forces - not to mention the severe blow to morale when humanities champions fell. On their last legs, and with no other option, the UN passed a series of legislation that is one of the most controversial ever established - Proposition 66.

In a flash, super-villains were freed from their cells, asylums, and unique holding facilities, on one condition: defend humanity. Any outstanding charges against them have been dropped, and they will be deputized as full Heroes under existing conventional licenses.  Whether this is turning the Earth over to a known evil, rather than a foreign one, remains to be seen.

So, given a prior attempt to start up a dark and horror themed game, I thought I'd go with something a bit more silly/fun.  Having just enjoyed Megamind and The Incredibles again, I figure a light-hearted sort of romp could be more than a little fun. This game is FAR from serious, and there will be no plans for anything dark in the slightest.  Mostly horrible one-liners, puns, and various silliness. Think proper pulp superheroes, and you're on the right track.

Characters need to provide the following:

Villain Name:
Past Crimes:
Evil Vice: (Long Monologues, Tendency to Evil Laughter, Irrational Need to Kick Puppies) - This is something that, without a good explanation, you will need to do when the opportunity presents itself. Not everything about being a villain can be put aside so easily.
Posting Rate: (Ideally once a day at least)
Brief Summary of Powers:

Remember, I'm not asking for a sheet.  I'm going to cherry-pick the ideas that, to my mind, fit the theme the best.

ShadowFox89

Mehehehahahahahaha....
*ahem*
Sorry, was practicing my evil laugh.... This looks interesting, could do with a bit of a silly game. What sort of expectations of the game were you looking for? Combat?

I may go and make a villain who uses one of these things, possibly basing the character on the Goa'uld.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire