Something Strange. (A Realms Of Andar Roleplay) (Extreme(?), Everything goes)

Started by Cindred, September 08, 2012, 07:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindred

The Roleplay Thread

This is a free-form roleplay! No system is used simpy play realistically to your characters strengths and weaknesses! Anone can start a "Realms of Andar" roleplay, just pease notify me if you do so! Realms of Andar world building main thread!

A strange signal has been located coming from the The Wasteland of Horak, unlike anything else before. A small group of Gemhel operatives is to be dispatched to the Wastelands to discover the source of the signal, the mission is regarded highly dangerous, and the odds to success are 50/50.

The group is guided by Faylin Lindeley, an experienced scout of the Gemhel Territorial Army, and no one has any idea of what they are going to experience and come against, so the group will have to be prepared for anything.

So we have the scout (me) who can also be the commanding officer if no one else wishes for the spot. I would like 0 more players. (This will be updated as more players sign up or depart our quest!)

Character creation guidelines:
Follow the character template, as of now, there aren't much rules on character creation as the realm is only just being built. Try to avoid using names like "Gandalf" or "Superman" or "Shepard" Do not make invincible characters and follow the 'zero-sum' rule (The balance between strengths minus weaknesses should be zero, or less.) Other than that, it's a scifi/fantasy/cyber-steampunk(for the dwarves) setting, there is not much you can't do!
Update: Any race you can imagine is plausible, however, there are a few races that will not be accepted at this time.
Races that are off limits:
Aliens - I have plans for these in the future.
Angels - The religions of this Realm work differently, and there are no Angels. (However, there may be a divine status one may reach, but not as a starting character)
Demons - Same as Angels.

Template
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Origin:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b] (Can be unemployed)
[b]Alignment:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Class:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Afflictions:[/b] (Diseases, vampirism, alcoholism, missing leg, bionic/mechanic limbs, etc. if any.)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Be as descriptive as you can!)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Pay attention to this, it is wht defines your character!)

[b]Possessions:[/b] (Any significant possessions your character might have, no need to list each piece of clothing.)

[b]Skills and Abilities:[/b] (What skills and abilities set your character apart from the average?)

[b]Magic:[/b] (Magical abilities, if any.)

[b]Strengths:[/b] (Your characters strengths, combat strengths mandatory, others optional, follow the zero-sum rule!)

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (Your characters weaknesses, combat weaknesses mandatory, others optional, follow the zero-sum rule!)

[b]History:[/b] Optional, may be as detailed or brief as you wish. Not ever character will have a highly interesting background.)

My Character:

Name: Faylin Essemes Lindeley
Race: Human
Origin: Gemhel
Alingment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: Red, long hair, usually tied up, out of the way. Her eyes are large, emerald green and have a piercing stare to them, like she might be staring right into your soul. She has a small, pointy nose, freckles covering her cheeks and rather thin lips to her small mouth. She stands five foot five tall and has a strong but slim build. On a mission she wears a full Gemhel camouflage armour, a black leather jumpsuit, covered in scattersteel* alloy plates from head to toe, including a full helmet with a visor made of reinforced glass. When she is not on a mission, she dresses more casually, according to her mood, usually in black or white.

Personality: Fiery and loud, temperamental. She is not the one you can tell to shut up, and she often makes decisions in a fit of anger. She is a bit of a loose cannon in a combat situation, or any situation for that matter. Rude and hard to approach, but loyal to those who get close to her. Despite her dangerous antics, she is extremely effective on the field and usually has an answer to any situation ready. She knows how to have fun and how to party, even if her partying often involves kicking the seven bells of hell out of some poor bar going patron because he looked at her the 'wrong way.'

Possessions:
Gemhel Camouflage armour - A Gemhel scout's armour made of leather and scatersteel. Light and capable of resisting significant amount of fire power. Less effectve against large, blunt objects, extremely effective against bladed obects.

Energy Blade - A sword made of darksteel. A sword, shaped like wakizashi made as thin as possible to reduce weight. The energy blade is capable of heating its blade enough to make it cut through normal steel like butter. It does not glow, as it is made of darksteel, so it's not possible to tell if it is heated or not.

Gaussian Assault Rifle - Shoots magnetically supercharged bullets at rate of 120 bullets/minute. The strenght of the weapon is the high speed the bullets are capable of reaching, without much recoil. Capable of tearing through most, if not all armors.

Skills and Abilities:
Martial Arts - Every high ranking operative in Gemhel army is trained in martial arts to a significant level. While Faye was never interested in martial arts, she can still hold her grounds against most adversaries in had-to-hand and melee.

Marksman - Faye excels in marksmansip, outperforming all but four other operatives in her regiment. That's her best area when it comes to combat.

Strategist - Has a good sense of strategy in the field and is capable of executing split second decisions. Able to lead a group if there is no commanding officer present.

Stealth - As a scout of Gemhel army she is trained in stalth above everything else, even if she does excel better in marksmanship, she is rather stealthy as well.

Magic:
Faye has taken training in her magical abilities, but she is a novice in magic and only able to perform one spell effectively.
Blast - A blast of magical energy, strong enough to knock someone off their feet and throw them back a few yards.

Combat Strengths:
Excellent marksmanship and stealth, good strategist, team worker and martial artist. Fit and strong. Well protected against guns and projectiles.

Combat Weaknesses:
No defence against magic, inadequate defence against heavy blunt objects, no defence against cold or heat attacks. Reckless, can lose her cool in combat situations, prone to fits of rage. Unable to defeat a large opponent without use of weapons.

History: An orphan taken in by the military, her life has been rather uneventful, dog of the army, doing the bread and butter missions she has been given to thus far. When she was given a change at doing something more dangerous, she took up the offer and departed without second thoughts, to put her name in the history books.

*Scattersteel: A special metal alloy created by Gemhel scientists. It's lightweight and highly durable against gunfire, but it's most useful feature is the scattering effect that effectively scatters any radar signal or other means of locating the wearer all around the place, while the radar will tell something is around, it's impossible to locate the source. The scatter effect also splits any energy weapon blast, reducing the damage done greatly.

*Darksteel: Heavy, almost indestructible steel, mined from the dwarven mountains.
“When a fantasy turns you on, you're obligated to nature to start doing it - right away”

Kimera

Looks interesting. I might join if I can think up an interesting character

Cindred

Alright! I've put up a roleplay thread so we have a little something to work on, and we can get rolling when I get a couple of people to join :)

The Roleplay Thread
“When a fantasy turns you on, you're obligated to nature to start doing it - right away”

Cindred

Yes, everything goes for races.

Even better if you can give a detailed description of the race and it's habbits history and so forth, so I can add it to the races section of my world build. (But that is by no means mandatory, or required, only if you wish to take part in the world building.)

Kimera

Siereis

Hm...sounds like a good idea, but just a few questions.

1) What can we expect in terms of plot content? For example I realized it is sorta an 'adventure type' RP, but is anyone in charge of enemies, environment, etc?
2) Sexual content? I see it is labeled as Extreme, yet not too sure what to expect in terms of more adult themes.

Cindred

Quote1) What can we expect in terms of plot content? For example I realized it is sorta an 'adventure type' RP, but is anyone in charge of enemies, environment, etc?
I will be in charge of the environment and enemies. I will be describing the scenery and scenario in each post. That being said, if another player wishes to bring an NPC character or creature into the scene, I will not oppose, as long as they speak to me first in the IM's.

As for plot content, the idea is rather simple, to investigate the strange signal, travelling through the hostile landscape and encountering various problems in the way. It's more of a prelude to bigger things, which I can't reveal now or the surprise would be spoiled.

Quote2) Sexual content? I see it is labeled as Extreme, yet not too sure what to expect in terms of more adult themes.
Yes, there is going to be sexual content. It's quite possibly going to be Non-Consensual type, unless if it's interaction between player characters, in which case it is up to the players to decide.

Kimera

Cindred

I have IM'd you about the alien race. As a further notice, if anyone else wants to do another alien race, unfortunately, at this point in time it's not plausible. I'll be working with Kimera on he one exception if he likes my idea on it.

Since you can pretty much create any kind of race you wanted that is native to this realm, creating an alien race shouldn't be necessary for any other than certain character developmental reasons :)

Siereis

((Thoughts and edit ideas on my character?  Also..wasn't sure if she'd be considered 'too sexual' in looks...))

Name:  Sierra D'Monte
Race: Human
Origin: The Republic of Aghard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Arcane Knight
Afflictions: N/A - the Republic of Aghard able to cure its citizens of many life threatening diseases.

Appearance: Sierra appears as a courageous and skillful young woman.  The girl stands at just over five and a half feet tall, and has pale, quite healthy looking and soft skin.  The girl has long medium length red hair which reaches down to her rear.  She prefers to allow her hair to grow as it will - leading to the long bangs which drape down in front of her eyes.  Overall, Sierra is quite slender, although she has more than enough curves - able to boast her large chest as well as her slender waist and wide hips and thick thighs.  Like many other performers of the magical arts, the girl has developed red eyes which make her look a little threatening.

Sierra was never comfortable in the loose robes and dresses so often seen with fellow mages.  Instead, the girl wears a set of heavy armor - magically enhanced of course.  The armor covers her extremities quite nicely, preventing her from taking damage when she swings her sword.  However, the ebony plate armor only covers her arms, shoulders, and lower legs.  Aside from this, the girl is forced to reveal much more flesh, leaving her chest, back, stomach, and groin almost entirely bare.  She has elected to wear a pair of black lacey thigh high stockings on her legs in order to make her hard armor less manly and is almost always seen in her custom made pair of black thong and matching skimpy bra.  Despite her quite obvious lack of coverings on her body, the girl tends to not be embarrassed easily - thinking that it is simply a good idea to wear most of the armor on her arms and legs instead.

Personality: The knight girl tends to be awfully stubborn and cold to people.  However, this stubbornness is not without cause - she has both the intelligence and skill to back up most of what she believes in.  She tends to look down on other people, especially citizens on the Gemhel, who she thinks are both stupid and corrupt.  She warms up to friends slowly, but once someone has her trust, she is quite a loyal ally.  She respects power and ability more than innocence and humbleness.  Lastly, she tends to rush into action sometimes - preferring the direct resolution over tactics and stealth.

Possessions:
- Ebony plate mail: Covers her arms and legs which are the most vulnerable parts of her.  The rest of her body is practically uncovered aside from a thong and bra.  However, the armor is magically enchanted and rarely are arrows or magic able to penetrate enough to actually hurt her.  Despite this, the magical barrier is quite vulnerable to direct swings from a sword or other melee weapons.

- Spell sword: The arcane knight almost always has her characteristic blade at her side, sheathed for any danger.  It is made of ebony as well and lacks a true hand guard.  While not all that great of a melee weapon, it is sharp enough to slice through an unarmored foe.  For the most part, Sierra uses this sword in a self defense manner.

-Magical Bad: Sierra almost always has this small bag at her belt which can carry any number of small items.  For the most part, she uses it to carry the various items she requires for more advanced spells.  Additionally, she has a number of potions with which to draw from.

Skills and Abilities:

-Spell Casting:  Sierra grew up in the country of Aghard, and like most of its citizens, the girl is quite adept at spellcraft.  Even at a young age she was skilled in casting destruction magics, yet lagged behind in other schools of spells such as divination or potion making.

-Basic martial skills: Despite her love of and skill at magic, Sierra often day dreamed about being a knight - riding into battle on the back of a horse and wearing armor.  Even though her dream never came to truthfully pass, the girl still pretends like she is a knight and has the basic knowledge of how to properly wear armor - even if it is a little skimpy.  Additionally, the girl has training in the use of a sword and is able to defeat lesser enemies in melee.  She can be considered the match of any 'medium' skill level warrior.

Magic:
-Advanced Destruction Magic: Sierra has a 'thing' for the more destructive types of magic - such as fireballs and frost bolts.
-Magical Barriers: Because of her nature as a Mage Knight, the girl realizes the need for extra protection and is often seen walking into battle with a magical shield stopping projectiles from entering too close to her.
-Minor alteration spells: Sierra has a basic knowledge of spells which can give magical alterations to others - such as basic water breathing and confusion type spells

Strengths:
-Heavy armor and magical shields: On the battlefield, Sierra tends to be quite the unstoppable force - able to take on small forces of lesser beings with not so much as a scratch.  However against larger hordes of enemies and stronger opponents, her defenses are not as strong.

-Spells: Because of her skill with destruction magic, Sierra can easily turn any enemy into a pile of ash with just a focus of her attention.  If you are planning on defeating her in a mage duel - good luck!

Weaknesses:
-Low constitution: even though Sierra has elected to wear armor, this does not mean she is any more resilient than the average mage.  In fact, the slender girl is actually weaker than many other mages in this department.  So while her armor is able to block most damage, any damage that does get through can be quite devastation.

-Basic Sword Skills:  Even though Sierra knows her way around a sword and has had training in its use, the knight girl is not all that skilled with the blade.  For the most part, she mainly uses it as a conduit with which to cast her spells (like a typical mage staff).  When engaged in melee and unable to use her spells, the girl is in quite a bit of danger.

-Equipment reliant: Sierra has spent most of her young life looking for magical artifacts to augment her original skill, forgoing traditionally training that strengthens her own abilities like a typical mage academy.  This means that without her sword and armor, the girl is much less useful - only able to cast basic spells that a student would know.

-Headstrong: Sierra is overly confident in herself, sometimes getting her into too much trouble that she can handle.  She prefers simple, direct resolution over stealth and tactics.

History: This will come later!

Awesomesauce

Are you sure every single race from every fiction setting is available?
I mean, someone could make a Saiyan or something and stomp everything. . . >_<

Kimera

Quote from: Cindred on September 08, 2012, 07:47:34 AM

Character creation guidelines:
Follow the character template, as of now, there aren't much rules on character creation as the realm is only just being built. Try to avoid using names like "Gandalf" or "Superman" or "Shepard" Do not make invincible characters and follow the 'zero-sum' rule (The balance between strengths minus weaknesses should be zero, or less.) Other than that, it's a scifi/fantasy/cyber-steampunk(for the dwarves) setting, there is not much you can't do!
Update: Any race you can imagine is plausible, however, there are a few races that will not be accepted at this time.
Races that are off limits:
Aliens - I have plans for these in the future.
Angels - The religions of this Realm work differently, and there are no Angels. (However, there may be a divine status one may reach, but not as a starting character)
Demons - Same as Angels.

I think this covers Saiyans and races similar.

LeSane

((I am not done with it I am just posting what I have to see if this will work for you, and if I have to change anything.))

Name: Apostle Monte (Ap.ah.stall) 'The Black Swordsman"
Race: Possessed Human
Origin: The Kingdom of Gemhel
Alignment: Neutral Bad
Class:  God Eater original class
Afflictions:
Has somewhat of a blood-lust, getting an intense beastial satisfaction off of killing other people...almost to the degree that he could be considered somewhat psychotic. He will occasionally grin in such a manner that makes him appear to be a demon and loves the feeling of killing scum. He's always open for a challenge and does not mind literally crushing somebody's body and internal organs to employ his battle techniques. That being said, He has no morals on how he kills people and will easily slaughter anyone without giving it a second thought.

Multiple personality disorder, or MPD, is a mental disturbance classified as one of the dissociative disorders in the fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV). It has been renamed dissociative identity disorder. MPD or DID is defined as a condition in which "two or more distinct identities or personality states" alternate in controlling the patient's consciousness and behavior. Note: "Split personality" is not an accurate term for DID and should not be used as a synonym for schizophrenia.

-Stitched left eye due to a battle at a young age with a soldier that thought he could show the boy a meaning in pain.
Appearance:

Personality:
When it comes to how he acts with other people, his personality is really picky. If it is someone he is friendly with, he'll act just like one of the guys (or at least attempt to) and be rowdy, reckless and sometimes a bit goofy. When it comes to people he has a close kinship to, he will smile and talk with them on an even level...very interested in sharing his own thoughts but keeping his secrets as well.

But then there are people that annoy him and these are mostly people he wouldn't think twice about caring for. He will ignore most people and treat them like dirt...crushing feelings as he talks about morbid truths and despairs to make others feel like the world is hell and there's no happiness to it, basically a "life is not fair, get over it" attitude most likely forged during the Eclipse. There are his enemies...whom he treats like targets that deserve to die and while some he'll straight kill, others he won't mind calling out for the terrible things they do and wants them to feel pain, getting a sick satisfaction off of some of it.

Apostle is, first and foremost, an incredibly resilient man. Despite the hardships he's been meant to suffer from his cursed birth, he has grown and changed considerably, gaining in both strength of body and mind. The brash stubbornness of his youth has melted into a somewhat "worldly" view on things and the people around him; he's come to realize over time what matters most to him and what he is willing to sacrifice to protect it - everything. He gives of himself relentlessly for the sake of those precious few who've managed to fight their ways into his heart despite the long voyage it took to get there; Apostle is both incredibly loyal and incredibly selfless, though this was not always the case. It took unfathomable loss for him to finally understand what his priorities truly were.

Possessions:
Berserker Armor
Is a cursed suit armor which gives the wearer incredible strength and endurance. It does this by allowing its users to bypass the natural subconscious limits that prevent them from injuring themselves when using their full strength. It can temporarily fix injuries by binding bleeding wounds, reinforcing broken bones, and fixing dislocated joints, piercing the flesh from within the armor with thin barbs and spikes if required. The Skull Knight or another person succeeding his use of the armor didn't stop fighting until all of his blood was spilled and all of his bones were destroyed, pierced all over by the armor before meeting his end. It can also cause temporary insanity, causing the wearer to enter a "Berserker rage" and rendering them incapable of distinguishing friend from foe. In the long term, it can cause chronic mental deterioration.

Dragonslayer Claymore
The Dragonslayer is an oversized sword wielded once by his father, and is his primary weapon for demonslaying as The Black Swordsman. It was originally created by a blacksmith at the request of the king, who wanted a weapon theoretically capable of slaying a dragon. The king then wanted to hang the man named Godo and so he escaped and has been hiding out in the mountains ever since. He claims the weapon when The BlackSmith's cottage is attacked by a wild Creature.

Behelit
A Behelit (Beherit) is a small, oval object resembling an egg with a set of human facial features scattered randomly across its surface, giving the item a rather disconcerting appearance. Reference is often made that the Behelit looks to be a living thing, and it emits a certain aura of unspecified dread. On occasion, it seems as though one of the Behelit's eyes opens and stares at the examiner, though this is usually quickly disregarded as merely an illusion. They belong to their destined owners and cannot be permanently lost or discarded until they have been used. When the destined person's desire to escape his current situation is great enough, the behelit will find its way to him or her, and call forth the God Hand to grant the wish with a fitting sacrifice. When this happens, the facial features of the behelit rearrange to form a face, crying blood and screaming. This is the primary means through which humans are transformed into the role of a God Eater.

Skills and Abilities:
Strange Swordsmanship
  His unpolished skills and strength with his large sword make it so he always fights with one hand free. He only uses both hands when faced against opponents he feels will beat him otherwise, His extreme cutting strength is also evident as he is capable of easily cutting through walls and metal somewhat efficiently.

Bisection
A technique that Apostle uses when he is gripping his sword with two hands. It allows one to split an opponent down the middle. It rarely makes contact so he uses it to break down walls or break bonds away from his comrades. If it does make contact it will cut the opponent down the middle either killing them or if lucky just making a large gash.
Magic:
Astral Plain
He lives in 'Two plains' one of the normal world that most are accustom to. It is not much of a power, but more of a side affect of wearing the armor. He can see things that most cannot with his one good eye, yet at the same time these things can see him and assume he is a target to consume. These range from Ghost the ghouls that only plague him at night. His only resting time is during the day for a few hours.

Strengths:
Immense Strength
Perhaps due to years of combat experience and time on the battlefield, Apostle has a very large degree of physical strength, most commonly displayed by his ability to fight back his opponent's attacks with a single arm. Much needed if he is able to wield a large weapon such as The DragonSlayer with one hand. Since Apostle's strength is so high his swinging speed is very high for a human being.

Immense Endurance
His physical strength is matched by his resilience. Apostle has been shown to easily ignore most of the injuries he's sustained in battle (much like a berserker), not suffering any debilitation despite having multiple slash wounds in his body. His scars upon his face tell that he has been through many a battle to maintain such a high endurance.
Weaknesses:
Temporary Insanity
Due to the armor and its misuse he will gain temporary insanity from it making him unable to think clearly seeing friends and foes in the same light. Most will see him as a threat wanting to put him down or disabling his ability to move when he is like this.

Slow Starter

Small enclosures

History:
In an incedibly unusual and grotesque way of coming into this world, Apostle was released from his mother's womb sometime before she was hung from the Hanging Tree. Surviving the without any physical damage done to his body, Apostle lay apparently dead until a local mercenary party led by Gambino (Adoptive father) arrived at the scene to discover the child. Gambino's lover Shisu (having previously lost her own child) quickly scoops up the newborn infant into her arms and cradles him to life, surprising everyone around. Of course, several of the partymembers make observations of a possible curse that would fall upon them for taking this forsaken child, which becomes a reality with Shisu's death at the hand of a terrible disease and ultimately Gambino's own undoing.
Because of the event of how Apostle was born, this event foreshadows his entire life: bloodstained and with many disturbing things to come his way. It could be that he was also born from such an unusual "death" that his desire to kill others in combat can be traced here.

Apostle obtained his Behelit that was found on the stream. He called out for help that coincided with the Eclipse. He sacrificed the whole Band of The Skull Knight (The army of his real father) to obtain power, The Berserker Armor, in order to fulfill his dream of defeating the strongest opponents of existence. The demons then feasted on the soldiers, leaving leaving him the only witness to the spectacle.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Kimera

Still working on this, but gives you an idea of where I'm going.

Name: Sessuri Physalia & Salaris
Gender: Sessuri and Salaris species don't have genders like we know it, but Sessuri's appearance and mind are feminine, while Salaris has a more masculin personality.
Race:
Origin: The Abyssal Depths of The Great Ocean
Alignment: Neutral
Role: Combat Medic
Afflictions: None, unless the two get seperated for long

Appearance: Exotic is one way to describe her, alien is another. Unlike most species, Sessuri's race is not composed of a single organism, but is actually a cluster of many jellyfish like creatures similar to Andar's Man-O-War's. Individual component creatures only live for a couple years but the clusters as a whole can theoretically survive indefinitly.

While any configuration is possible, Sessuri has chosen that closely resembling to a human. Sessuri's semi transparent skin can vary in color depending on her mood, ranging from blue to violet.

Salaris is a long slimey eel-like creature that always hangs arround Sessuri. Although he resembles an eel, it actually is more closer related to worms and sea-snales.

Sessuri Physalia

Salaris

Personality:

• Sessuri: Analytical and precise, somethimes cold or melancholic, Sessuri's emotions are hard to read. Still considered young for her race, Sessuri now faces the heavy burden of being the last of an extinct species.
  • Salaris: Although many see him as just a pet to Sessuri, this is clearly not the case. Both are equals and Salaris will vocalize and educate any who dare make the mistake. Salaris enjoys his partner and is extremely loyal and protective towards her. A bit of a pessimist, it always sees the dark side of everything and makes no effort to be silent about that.
Because of their longevity, the both of them oppose rash decisions and try to be the voice of reason to the younger short lived races of the surface world, almost treating them as children.

Possessions: The both of them don't see any need in surface world items

Skills and Abilities:

• Nematocysts: Sessuri possesses an arsenal of toxin filled cells that allow her to deploy a vast array of venoms and toxins with her many tentacles. Some work as simple painkillers or paralysing agents, while others can cause pain, muscle spasms and even kill.
    Note: Salaris is immune to Sessuri's toxins
  • Tentacles: Sessuri possesses many tentacles which can extend to about twice her body length. She uses these to deliver her toxins from a distance.

Magic:

• Telepathy: Lacking vocal cords, Sessuri and Salaris communicate through telepathy. To a lesser extend they are also capable of reading people's surface thoughts
  • Ocean Magic:Sessuri knows several water and ice related spells. Can only be used when large bodies of water are present
  • Healing: With the aid of her magic and toxins, Sessuri is capable of lending some of her regenrative powers to others
  • Volt-eel: Salaris can generate electric fields to project an energy shield around Sessuri which deflects energy based attacks to some extend. Sessuri is immune to the electric effects and can even channel the electric currents allong her tentacles, allowing her to tazer enemies.

Strengths:

• Amorph Body: Lacking any major organs and possessing incredible regenerative powers, Sessuri can survive massive trauma's and replace any body part relatively quickly by growing new component organisms to replace the lost ones. The speed at which this occurs depends if she is immerged in water or not.

Weaknesses:

• Technophobic: Sessuri is for the most part unskilled and untrained in any technology currently in use on Andar. Her race relied purely on genetics and biotechnology and Sessuri dislikes the cold sterile feel of unliving tools and misses the symbiotic feel of living tool-organisms. Her hands also only allow her to handle the most basic of tools.
  • Alien: Her complete alien physiology and mindset give her somewhat of a social stigma and often lead to incidents, especially with Xenophobes who find her form and presense disturbing and offensive. Because she doesn't understand the need for clothing or covering ones own form, this often also causes similar problems.
  • Symbiotic Relation: Sessuri and Salaris share a symbiotic relationship. It is uncertain what the exact nature of this relationship holds, but both become weaker and ill if seperated for long periods of time.
  • Water Dependent: Because of their aquatic origins, both Sessuri and Salaris require their skin to remain moist and return to watery environments as soon as they can. Some of their powers are also dependent of the vicinity of water.

History: Sole survivors of a perished civilization that resided in the depths of Andar's vast oceans.

Cindred

Seems we have a group. We just need to finish all the characters and we are good to go. It would appear all the others would have had to been hired for the mission outside the military, maybe the military didn't wish to waste good soldiers in a suicide mission *laughs*

Everyone is free to post their intro post to The Roleplay Thread even if the characters are not completely finished, we can work on them during the first few posts. I just want to get the game going as soon as possible. If you are not ready to post yet though, we will wait until you are.

Siereis
I see nothing wrong with your character, well balanced and ready to go. You could list the spells she can perform, and their effects, but that's not completely up to you. As for the too revealing outfit: I'll say that in character, my character will agree it's too little. However, out of character I will not judge outfits as too skimpy, so while your character will be getting remarks for it IC, you are good to go in that department as well.

Scarification
Berserker Armor: How incredibly powerful? I mean, I probably won't be happy with a character that can throw a tank at the enemy, but if it's more along the lines as to make a human as powerful as a Minotaur, then I can see that being doable. An interesting concept, I will say.

A Behelit: I assume the Behelith hand will attack the enemy or rip apart bindings, steel bars, or something to that extent? I'll be ok with it being an incredibly powerful attack that can release one, and maybe take out some captors within range, giving the user time to esape. So long as it doesn't mean it can rip apart a whole mercenary camp or you know. I don't want it to be a certain kill item either, although I have nothing against it having a good change of killing its target.

God Eater: Your class... Does it mean he is the destroyer of gods, or the destroyer of the servants of gods? If it's the first, well, he can always aim to be that, but to begin with, it will be a little bit out of anyone's reach. The gods of the realms are incredibly powerful and outside any mortal reach of power. There will be chances of developing your character to this direction when I roll out the prestige classes for those who play more adventures in this realm.

All in all, I like your character, even if he seems almost more of a danger to the group than its enemies, but hey, what not to do to add some excitement! It'll be easier for me to paint a complete picture when it's fully finished though :)

Kimera

We went through the alien thing, but maybe they could still be a sole survivor of their race, from the depths of Andar's waters, seeing as most of Andar is covered in sea, there is just one large continent and the outer seas are largely un-explorable due to the impossible weather conditions and underwater currents (so much so, it could as well be another planet). Other than that, your character seems fine, although too unfinished to really comment on a lot :)

Quote from: Awesomesauce on September 08, 2012, 08:07:33 PM
Are you sure every single race from every fiction setting is available?
I mean, someone could make a Saiyan or something and stomp everything. . . >_<

As I said, no invincible characters. And Zero Sum rule, the sum of weaknesses must be as great as strengths, if your character has a power to blast away the earth, then they must have as great of a weakness that will mean someone could just blow them away. ;)

That being said, obviously, ridiculously overpowered characters will just simply be toned down or rejected altogether.

LeSane

Thanks I wanted to make a dangerous character to add the excitement. I just wanted to point out that Yea he will nto be throwing any tanks I know there are limitations that one must have. The strongest he will be is as you said a Minotaur. The armor is more of a bad thin then good. I didn't put it in, yet since it was suppose to be a twist. If he uses it to long he will lose the armor and be stuck in the rage filled form he will become or if he learns to use it he will make it his own. Overall there was suppose to be a stage set up for the armor.
Normal
http://i.imgur.com/udRM8.jpg

Out of control
http://i.imgur.com/szzuW.jpg

Mastered
http://i.imgur.com/rRyN6.jpg

Also the Behelit is not an attack but just an item I think you got the Bisection and the former confused.
The only way he will make the attack work is one of two ways. One, the target is unable to move or the second he is descending from a high ledge and does it making it hard to avoid.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Cindred

I know the Behel is an item. I was just feeling I wasn't on the clear of what does it actually do.

The armour I'm happy with *grins*

The Bisection wasn't in the application when I read it, I see nothing wrong with it.

Kimera

Cindred

LeSane

I have a NPC character that could work I will post it and see if you will enjoy it in all.

Cindred

Sure, but post your starting post first :P I put up an OOC thread, so chatter can be moved there from now on. This thread will be just for interest and character creation now. (That being said, we are not looking for more people at this time.)