Understanding of the profile pics

Started by Talra Di Deliren, July 25, 2013, 03:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talra Di Deliren

Hi, I've been trying to get a certain pic with a bit of a video to it that I want to use but I can seem to figure the correct size the pic should be for the avatar.

The pic I want to use is this:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Only the eyes blink if you pay attention to it long enough, but when I try to upload this on ImageShack to Avatar size, it doesn't blink and I can't seem to get my profile to change with either the url or any of the links.

Could I get a bit of help?

It would be very much appreciated.
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
-Bride - Night Play - Dark Hunter series-
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

Beguile's Mistress

Avatar size is 150 pixels wide by 200 pixels in height.

Ariel

Hi Talra! I just wanted to let you know that pictures like that are called GIFs. :-)

Although, I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that you have to upload GIFs to the Wiki.. or is that just for signature pics in general, BeMi?
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Oniya

Avatar pics are loaded up to the server through your profile, so they're already hosted on Elliquiy in that respect.  Signature images need to be uploaded to the Wiki because if the remote site that they are on goes down for any reason, things like spoilers stop working in the threads.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ariel

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Oni! :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Talra Di Deliren

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 25, 2013, 03:45:56 PM
Avatar size is 150 pixels wide by 200 pixels in height.

Okay, I got that but how do I resize a gif?

Quote from: Uprising on July 25, 2013, 03:53:35 PM
Hi Talra! I just wanted to let you know that pictures like that are called GIFs. :-)

Although, I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that you have to upload GIFs to the Wiki.. or is that just for signature pics in general, BeMi?

Hi, thanks, I found that out shortly before getting your message. And I have tried the Wiki, can't seem to understand how to go about the pics, even for the sig pics.

Quote from: Oniya on July 25, 2013, 04:09:28 PM
Avatar pics are loaded up to the server through your profile, so they're already hosted on Elliquiy in that respect.  Signature images need to be uploaded to the Wiki because if the remote site that they are on goes down for any reason, things like spoilers stop working in the threads.

I understand uploading pics through the profile but the pic that I show to you was uploaded through ImageShack with the resize of 150 x 112 and saved to my images to be uploaded to the profile. I keep getting that it's either not an avatar or it's too large.

If anyone could figure how to get this pic with the eyes still blinking on as a profile pic, please. I've tried all that I could find out about it, 'less I missed something.

Oh and thanks for your replies.
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Jag

I use Gif Magic for mine.

That is size appropriate for E (though it's 150x150).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Oniya

Looks like the proportions are the same as the original (as in, not stretched or squished the wrong way).

(I've never tried resizing a GIF before - I made mine from the ground up.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Talra Di Deliren

I see. Thank you all for your answers, they helped me very much.