Re: Corruption: How Far Will You Go? - Recruiting for show 4 reopened.

Started by Chrystal, July 07, 2013, 03:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Quote from: King Serperior on July 19, 2013, 03:58:04 PM
I may just be crazy, but I have taken an interest in this Roleplay.  Though, if you're not looking for male characters, I can wait for another episode.  I have a rough idea in mind for a character.

Any characters are welcome, male or female, gay or straight. But you have the same time limit in which to post an approved character for episode 2. If you post after this deadline, you will need to wait for episode 3.

Equally if two players post characters before you, you will be in episode 3.

So far, it's looking like a popular game...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

King Serperior

Okay, I think I can have a character set up in a few hours.  Got a couple of posts elsewhere that require my attention first  *laughs*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

Player Name: King Serperior

Contestant's name:  Tobias "Toby" Raynor

Sexuality: Straight
Job: Teaches Biology at a community college
Nationality: America

Height: 5'11" (5 feet, 11 inches)
Weight: 175lbs
Stats: 6 1/2 inches
Natural hair colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel
Distinguishing marks: Has a light scar going diagonally across the left side of this neck, the remainder of a car accident that he luckily survived in his teenage years.
Body hair: As an ex-swimmer coming from his high school and college years, he keeps every part of his body neatly shaved as a force of habit.

Close Friend or relative: Alexis Walker (Woman who has been his closest friend for nearly 10 years)

Likes: Teaching/Learning, Swimming, A sense of humor, Sex, Games
Dislikes: No sense of humor, blood, cursing, sports, Women with no personality

Personality:  Tobias is truly the "nice guy."  He is very respectful to people and their beliefs.  This is primarily because he is very open-minded and knows that people do things for different reasons.  This isn't to say that he doesn't have things that he absolutely disapproves of, no, he does have many things he dislikes, but that's no reason to be rude to those that do.  He does love long bike rides as well as swimming, but has a fear of heights.  He's been with very few women in his life because his eyes will always be for Alexis, so he is very much inexperienced sexually, the few times he has had it have always been very vanilla.

That aside, Tobias has an intense sweet tooth, with a draw for the sour side of sweets.

Reason to be here:  To be perfectly honest, Tobias had not originally planned on joining any game show other than Wheel of Fortune.  However, after a bet between him and his students that if they manage to not have a single final grade below a 95, then he would do any one thing that they all agree on.  Low and behold, his students actually managed to do what he asked, despite the last 5 years of classes being unable to do so.  Well, he was never a men to go against his word, so he did exactly what he said he would do:  Be told to do any one thing by his class.  Now, Tobias' school knew about his personality and gave him some time off when his students told him to apply for the new game show, Corruption:  How Far Will You Go.  This was his agreement and he would fulfill it until the end, for the sake of his students.  Heck, he might not even be chosen as a contestant........though, if he was, then he'd be showing more than he would like, seeing as it's an adult game.  That and the money may just allow him to do what he has wanted to do for years and propose to Alexis......

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Kimera

Quote from: Chrystal on July 19, 2013, 02:17:07 PM
It would be good in some other setting, but not in this one. *shrug*

Character is approved, please wait in the Green Room with the others.

You have until Midnight GMT tomorrow (Saturday 20th) to post a character that I can approve or you will have to wait for show 3 anyway. We've kept the others waiting long enough.

Please don't let me be the one holding up the game. I'm gonna aim for a character in show 3 or 4

Ember Star

Quote from: Kimera on July 20, 2013, 03:55:42 AM
Please don't let me be the one holding up the game. I'm gonna aim for a character in show 3 or 4
+1

I'm overloaded with groups at the moment and simply just don't have the time to jump into this yet and feel like I can keep up.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chrystal

Quote from: King Serperior on July 19, 2013, 07:43:52 PM
Player Name: King Serperior

Contestant's name:  Tobias "Toby" Raynor

That is a great character. Approved. AND you just gave me an idea for another challenge. (Won't be in show 2 though).

Please join the others in the green room (OOC thread), and I will start the show off probably later tonight or tomorrow morning (My time).

Quote from: Kimera on July 20, 2013, 03:55:42 AM
Quote from: Ember Star on July 20, 2013, 11:31:31 AM
+1

I'm overloaded with groups at the moment and simply just don't have the time to jump into this yet and feel like I can keep up.

No worries. I will be recruiting for episode 3 from tomorrow morning.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

King Serperior

Quote from: Chrystal on July 20, 2013, 11:47:01 AM
That is a great character. Approved. AND you just gave me an idea for another challenge. (Won't be in show 2 though).

Please join the others in the green room (OOC thread), and I will start the show off probably later tonight or tomorrow morning (My time).
Thanks  ^_^  Glad you like him  :D  I'll head on over!

As for the idea I gave you, since it won't be in Show 2, can I have a hint as to the idea via PM?  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mysterica

Player Name: Mysterica

Contestant's name: Yuka Yoshida

Sexuality: Lesbian
Job: Works at a video game store
Nationality: Japanese-American

Height: 5'3"
Weight: 108 lb
Stats: Bust- 32"B, Waist- 25", Hips- 30"
Natural hair colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Distinguishing marks: None
Body hair: None

Close Friend or relative: Naomi, Best friend

Dislikes: Sports, 'stupid' people, noisy children, overly sensitive people, and wasps

Personality: Yuka is a kind enough girl, if you can get on her good side.  As a general rule she typically doesn't really like anyone until they have proven themselves to be worthy of her respect.  She does not consider herself to be a shy person in any way, but still she does not have a tendency to go out and socialize.  She spends the vast majority of her time at home playing one video game or another, or else is at the store either working, or sometimes just hanging out to talk with some of the other local gamers.  She desperately wants to learn to come out of her shell a bit more as the only times she has ever had sex have been at one convention or another while in costume.

Reason to be here: One day Yuka was surfing the internet, trying to decide on the next game she would buy when she saw a little advert about a game show called "Corruption".  Feeling vaguely interested, she momentarily started doing a little digging and found a teaser clip of the first episode.  She was rather unimpressed with the show for the first moment as the contestants simply introduced themselves just like every other show, but then when the very first 'challenge' was revealed to be "Strip down to your underwear" only for the teaser clip to end.  She tried to find the full first episode somewhere up on the internet, but couldn't find it anywhere that didn't require a credit card.  Even though she couldn't find a full episode and really see what might end up happening, she thought that this could take care of helping her to learn to come out of her shell, and would at the same time give her a chance to make a little extra money.  Maybe she could even make enough to take a vacation from work and go visit Japan!

Mysterica

Here is my character submission going towards episode 3.

Chrystal

A very nice character. Approved.

You can still make Episode 2 if you wish?

The only thing that gave me pause is the line "only to then show that the first episode would soon be released," ... The show is supposedly being broadcast live, but of course different networks in different parts of the world would possibly pick the show up and broadcast it later.

And I did say "supposedly", by the way.... As far as the contestants are concerned the show is being broadcast live on an unrestricted satellite channel.

Mysterica

Chrystal

Perfect. You didn't have to change it, but thank you for doing so.

Would you lkike to join Ep 2, or wait for 3?

Mysterica

Yes.  I am aware that I didn't really have to change it, but it was such a quick minor fix that not doing so, and thus breaking the feel of the show going out live would almost be cheating the coolness of the game idea.

As for joining episode 2, if you have an open spot then I don't see too much a reason in waiting.  Go ahead and sign me up for episode 2.

Chrystal

cptBacon

Excellent. I'm excited to get our episode started.
A super detailed introduction to me:
O/O

My current stories:
The Art of Seduction | Grey Skies
Along for the Ride | She Let Herself Go

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Hmm, I may try to hop into game 3 or 4, depends how busy I get with work in the near future.

Jayna

I will fill out a sheet for show 3 if there is room!

Chrystal

Ember Star

Player Name: Ember Star

Contestant's name: Melissa Brooks
Sexuality: Bisexual
Job: College student/clerk at Books-a-Million
Nationality: United States

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130lb
Stats: 36 B-cup, 38 inch hips, 29 inch waist
Natural hair colour: Dark brown
Eye Colour: Blue-green
Distinguishing marks: Tattoo on shoulder (see pictures). Has a scar on her right knee from a injury as a child. Pierced belly-button, and pierced ears.
Body hair: Fluffy bush in front, but cleanly shaven  underneath. Legs and armpits are shaved.

Close Friend or relative:
Alison McGee, roommate/BFF.

Likes: Books. Video games. Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Rock music. Dares.
Dislikes: Drunks. Horror movies. Asparagus. Country music. Yard work.

Personality: Despite her punk-ish look, Melissa is a sweet girl. Though she does have her temperamental side, have no doubt about that. But for the most part she's fun loving and kind. She enjoys hanging out with her friends and having a few playful dares and betting between them. She's not a slut, though she has been known to experiment on the wild side. How could she not? It's all so tempting and curious. Even with that though, she never lets her fun interfere with her schoolwork. She works hard to maintain a high grad average. Because of that, she doesn't actually party hard. She'll drink, and dance, and have fun. But she's never been drunk or done any drugs besides pot a few times. She despises people who get really drunk and do a lot of drugs.

Reason to be here: Melissa or "Lissa" as she is usually called by her friends, is here on a dare by those very friends. Getting together for their weekend video game playing, one of her friends told her about this game show he heard about called "Corruption", Melissa said "I'd go on that!" then her friend dared her to actually do it. Never being one to turn down a good challenge, and figuring on the off chance she'd win, she could sure use that money to pay for a new car and a place of her own, she decided to sign up. Little did she expect she'd actually get on
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chrystal

Very nice character, Emb. I'll even forgive you managing to somehow get that extra carriage-return inside the IMG tag!

Approved. Please wait in the green room (OOC) thread, while we select the other contestants.

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on July 28, 2013, 12:38:12 PM
Very nice character, Emb. I'll even forgive you managing to somehow get that extra carriage-return inside the IMG tag!

Approved. Please wait in the green room (OOC) thread, while we select the other contestants.
I'm fairly good at basic coding and trouble shooting them. LOL. When it wasn't showing I went back and redid the IMG code to make sure the spaces correct and I capitalized the "IMG" itself to see if that would fix it and it did

Ember Star

I think the spaces on either side were off. Even if you paragraph down the IMG you've gotta make sure there's a open space on either end.

Chrystal

Actually on yours you had an EOL character (carriage return) in the middle of the img tag, which put the code on two lines and confused the interpreter!

I always test my code - the worked example underneath the character sheet.

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on July 28, 2013, 01:16:18 PM
Actually on yours you had an EOL character (carriage return) in the middle of the img tag, which put the code on two lines and confused the interpreter!

I always test my code - the worked example underneath the character sheet.
*shrugs* I don't know how I manage that nor did I notice it when I fixed it o.o . Sometimes my phone copies things funny. I can't use the "select" on codes and I have to either copy directly or quote and copy to get them.

Chrystal

*shrug* not important. You fixed it, the character is approved and we are waiting for three more...