Looking for an Exalted Campaign (interest check)

Started by Trilogy, June 11, 2013, 05:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajah

"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Trilogy

Guess I'm still on board for the forum game, since Rivera's looks like its going to be run after midnight... Like I said before, I'm willing to help someone set up for a game but having never actually played Exalted I probably shouldn't run it.

KrataLightblade

I'd offer to run the game myself, but I so rarely get to be a player anymore that frankly I'm kinda burned out on running games... I've been toying with running another game on here but I'm having a lot of trouble convincing myself to do so.

I've almost never gotten to actually play Exalted rather than running, so I'd be a lot happier as a player.

Rajah

Fair enough. So it seems there's a pretty solid amount of interest - anyone who actually DOES want to run the game?

ShadowFox89

I'm pretty bad keeping up with the mechanics as far as running a game goes.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

KrataLightblade

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 15, 2013, 12:29:23 AM
I'm pretty bad keeping up with the mechanics as far as running a game goes.

If that's the biggest issue, I'm certain we can help you along there.

That pretty much goes for anybody, honestly... I'm more than willing to accept someone who's not 100% with the system, and be willing to work with them on it.

Rajah

Hey, same. Getting an ST is the important starting point.

Trilogy

There's always the option of just using a different system and the Exalted setting. I can't seem to find the particular FATE Core mod I'd seen before for Exalted, but it was pretty simple- if I can't find it, I can just write out the hacks that were added from memory. FATE in general works really well for Exalted's scale of play, especially in an environment like a forum. Combat in particular would be simpler to run, and it would allow for more free-form actions and charms.

Would someone be willing to run using something like that? I hesitate to go full-on free-form, but a rules-light narrative system would probably be simple and effective for something like this, if someone would be willing to GM.

ShadowFox89

I would honestly love a FATE-system First Age Exalted game. I even have a character that I would love to use....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pretty in Pink

Exalted game, check.  Near total lack of GM, check.  Second Edition, which I know best of all the Exalted systems, check.

Alrighty then.  Muse, ya caught me, and I need to get my hands dirty with roleplaying again, anyway.  SO.  That having been said, I'll need to throw together a game concept first, but before I do that, let's do some finalized tallies here.

I'd like everyone interested to post their choices on:

• Freeform, Rules-Light, Full-System
  • First Age, Second Age
  • All Same Exalt Type (all Lunars, all Solars, etc), Mixed Circle

As for FATE, I've heard of it, but I would hesitate to run it, because of the fact that I know VERY little about it.  I tend to go closer to freeform with my RPs anyway, only calling for rolls when there's something dire at stake, ie, you're trying to do a double backflip over a gap in a roof with a seventy foot drop in the middle, I'm kinda gonna have to ask you to roll for that one.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

AndyZ

I'd suggest either Freeform or Full-System.  All of the same Exalt type can be awesome when you can pull it off, but it does limit the game to five.  Welcome back, PiP.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Dracorion

I'd be for full-system, myself. Second Age, and I'm okay with either same type or mixed circle.

And yes, good to see you again PiP.

Pretty in Pink

Thank you for the welcome back, Andy and Draco.  It's good to be back.

So full tally so far...
Freeform1Rules-Light0Full-System2
First Age0Second Age1
Same Type1Mixed Circle2

Rajah

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on June 17, 2013, 04:17:47 PM
Exalted game, check.  Near total lack of GM, check.  Second Edition, which I know best of all the Exalted systems, check.

Alrighty then.  Muse, ya caught me, and I need to get my hands dirty with roleplaying again, anyway.  SO.  That having been said, I'll need to throw together a game concept first, but before I do that, let's do some finalized tallies here.

• First Age, Second Age

As for FATE, I've heard of it, but I would hesitate to run it, because of the fact that I know VERY little about it.  I tend to go closer to freeform with my RPs anyway, only calling for rolls when there's something dire at stake, ie, you're trying to do a double backflip over a gap in a roof with a seventy foot drop in the middle, I'm kinda gonna have to ask you to roll for that one.

Full System: Second Edition + all 2.5 and Ink Monkeys material.
Second Age: Or even Third Age, where the Realm has collapsed, Autochthonia, Hell, and the Void are in a three-way war over who gets to destroy Creation (the Great Maker wants its resources, the Yozis want its suffering, and the Neverborn don't want anything at all), the Silver Pact and Five-Score Fellowship are united in a civil war between those who want a new Deliberative and those who want a new Usurpation...could be fun.
Mixed Circle: 'Cause I wanna play Infernal but I know not everyone wants to do that.

Trilogy

I knew we'd catch somebody  ;) Thanks PiP!

I tend to shy away from free-form outside of one-on-one roleplays. Having some kind of rule structure makes things easier, even if you rarely have to use it. I'd actually prefer a rules-light system for a forum game (if not FATE, what would you suggest? FATE is really easy to learn-and free!) but I'm fine with wading back into Exalted character generation and seeing what I can come up with. Combat seems like it'd take forever to resolve, though...

I'd prefer Second Age to First. I feel like it has more opportunities, and a better chance for exalts to grow from regular people to legendary heroes.

As for Exalt type, my top choices would be a mixed Solar/Lunar/etc circle game, a straight Lunar game, a straight Infernals game, or possibly a mixed Infernals/Abyssals/Akuma game. (I really just want to play either an Infernal or a Lunar, I guess.) So I guess I don't really mind either way, as long as we're not looking at a straight Solar circle. If we do play mixed circle though, I'd suggest we look at some of the homebrew exp cost charts out there that put other types of Exalts on a more level playing field with Solars.

Marie Reynolds

If we go mix I would rather see Solar and Lunars. The games age not really to concerned with I would find something interesting to play in any age. Also rather reluctant to have a game involving Abyssals in it due to the last Exalted game I was in that had them involved.

ShadowFox89

Lite system or heavily hourseruled 2e
2nd or first age, with a preference for a lite system or sparing using of mechanics if we do 1st age
Mixed of any exalt types
Call me Shadow
My A/A

avorae

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on June 17, 2013, 04:17:47 PM

• First Age, Second Age

Full system
second age
Mixed
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Pretty in Pink

Updated Tally, counting those that had two choices as voting for both.

Freeform1Rules-Light2Full-System4
First Age0Second Age4
Same Type1Mixed Circle6

At the moment, it looks like Full System Second Age game with a Mixed Circle.

One additional thing.  If we do go mixed circle, I would like to restrict it to one side or the other: Protectors of Creation, or Destroyers of Creation.  Translated into normal speak, either Solar/Lunar/Sidereal, or Abyssal/Infernal/Akuma

The reason I include Sidereal and Dragon-Blooded in both sides is because I've ENCOUNTERED evil nasty members of those exalt types that are working with both the Yozis and the Neverborn.

Additional Note: I've played an Alchemical, and with the errata, they are still rather broken.  I would PREFER not to have one in any game I run, but if you give me a convincing reason why that Alchemical would be running around with the circle in question, I'll give serious consideration.  This also goes for an exalt type that's opposite the party, for instance an Infernal running with a party of Solars and Lunars.

Also, I'm putting story idea on hold for the moment, until we decide what everyone is going to be playing.

KrataLightblade

I'm all for mixed groups, Second Age, with the full system and all errata.

I personally typically prefer Solars or Dragon-blooded, but I've had a great deal of fun with other Exalt types and there are others I'd like to try someday too.

Muse

System: Full system please, with 2.5 errata.  I'm not familiar with Ink Monkies but don't object. 
Type:  Mixed circle, but please stick to your guns about no corrupted exaltations. 
Era:  First age could be fun, but my vote is for second age. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pretty in Pink

Okay, so I think that's the final vote.  With that, it's Full System (6 Votes), Second Age (6 Votes), with Mixed Exalt Type (8 Votes).  If I missed anyone, please, for the love of all that is sacred, let me know.  Start figuring out what you want to play, and as I said, I would PREFER no corrupted Exaltations.  I have an idea of what I'm going to run, and that would make you very very very much an enemy of the party.

Dracorion

Well, my current character concepts that I want to play are a pacifist Dawn inspired by Rurouni Kenshin or a Lighting-Torment Hatchets wielding Full Moon Lunar.

Pumpkin Seeds