Astira's originals & canons (F for M-playing person)

Started by Astira, October 14, 2017, 01:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astira

Greetings - thank you for showing interest in my post.

Let me start by saying I love to write. I crave stories that are intelligent, poetic, visionary, and thoroughly compelling with a partner whose own writing, ideas, and yes, even grammar, challenges me to be better. Words are an art-form that is quickly becoming lost in this world of social media, texting, and instant gratification. If you are the type of person who gets a thrill from a finely crafted sentence, who never writes without an open 'thesaurus.com' tab, than I'm the partner for you. Although as intimidating as this first paragraph sounds, you don't have to be a Shakespeare, promise haha.

You'll find here two specific posts, the first (below) is what I'm looking for in terms of a writing partner, what you can expect of me and a few other important odds and ends. The other post illustrates my particular cravings and interests as it relates to the type of compositions I'd enjoy.

But before I dive in to what you can expect, I would like to mention that, unless otherwise specified, I prefer all of my games to have a relatively slow burn (usually ending in love/romance) before sex-ing each other up (not ridiculously slow, but definitely slower and steadier than a lot of the games I see here). I like a bit of realism, some character arcs, and a well constructed plot. Rush-to-sex stories are boring to me.

Without further adieu...

What you can expect from me:
  • An average of 2-3 posts a week.
  • Post length around 700-1500 words - anything less than this won't work for me I'm afraid - I like substance and detail.
  • Plenty of ideas and solutions to whatever problems or (writers) blocks we may have. I'm a brainstormer - I LOVE the back and forth between yourself and me. I don't get butt-hurt if you don't like my ideas; I'm an adult and therefore, drama stays out of the equation
  • All of my characters tend to be somewhat submissive, but not a "sub" and not a doormat
  • Communication - I do not ghost, I do not beat around the bush, if something isn’t working or if I need some time away, I will tell you. I can be demanding and challenging, but that is because I expect nothing less than that in return. I want it.  I'm decisive and I intend to give as good as - if not better - than I get. I like to work through problems; I'm not interested in wasting your time or mine.
  • I like characters who have lived a little (aged 25-35) who are curvy (chesty, have a healthy derriere, a little tummy, rounded hips and strong thighs) and shorter than yours. I also like them to have flaws; realism is appealing to me.
  • Brainstorming together via PMs - This is very important to me as I believe good, fluent communication about (almost) every post is important. We need to be on the same page about not just the plot but our characters as well. Also, helpful if you have an instant messenger or some kind for a quick responses. For instance, I may not always know how your character will react to something, so to avoid assuming (or going back an editing a post), I like to be able to message you and find out, preferably quickly. So if you are able to chat texting or instant messaging that is a big bonus.
Some requirements I have of my partner:
  • Commitment. If you approach me (or I, you), please have the maturity to know if you can commit to a game with me - I don't appreciate being strung along and I'm sure you don't either
  • Post frequency of 2-3 times a week (extenuating circumstances obviously happen, just communicate with me is all).
  • Post length of somewhere between 700-1500 words
  • Enjoy the brainstorming process and please, have some ideas, be a problem solver, give constructive criticism, communicate if something isn't working (or is!). And please, don’t take offense if I disagree or if I give you feedback (I expect the same in return). This is a drama-free zone. If you have a tendency to get your panties in a twist fairly easily, I'm not the partner for you unfortunately :-(
  • Your gender in real life doesn't matter to me so long as you play the male character who is attracted to my female character and YC is a dominant type - not necessarily in terms of BDSM, but more primal.
  • Communicate. A few days without chatting is fine, but after a week, I'll be messaging you. Two weeks? I'll probably close the game. Sorry, it just disrupts the creative flow of a game to me. Again, extenuating circumstances certainly can apply - real life comes first, and I get that.
  • Write well - This includes description, grammar, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary, sentence structure and an innate sense for writing (this is hard to explain, you either haven’t or you don’t). Take a look at my posts to see if we are similar.
  • Be an adult, both in age and in mannerisms. Keep the drama and the BS out of our partnership please :-)
    Some important notes:
    • I’m open to doing “scenes” (as in short stories, one-shots, etc).
    • The muse: my muse can be fickle. And although inertia can get me through most times, sometimes I must bow to the muse, or lack there of.
    • I am most interested in characters with plot being a close second, so let’s come up with irresistible characters and throw a bunch of stuff at them.
    • Canon, either inside or outside of canon-verse. I love canons, but here is the caveat: I’m only interested in playing someone (and my partner playing someone) that we can alter and with whom we can take liberties. I'm not interested in limiting our creativity to EXACTLY what the original creator intended.

These "lists" aren't the end-all-be-all. If there is something you're not sure about or don't think you can do, hit me up anyway and let's see if we can still work something out.

Looking forward to brainstorming some ideas together!!

Astira[/list]

Astira

I have illustrated a few of my interests below to give you some examples of the types of dynamics, canons and people I enjoy, however I am not exclusively interested in them. In fact, most of the time I have to be in the mood - but message me and let's see  ;)

Noteworthy:
    • LOVE original stories involving a themed pairing (below)
    • Hades/Persephone (mythology)
    • Powerful older man/Debutante (modern!)
    • Conductor/cellist prodigy
    • Doctor (Gynecologist?)/Patient
    • Dracula/OFC (this would be more of an epic – gothic, romance, horror, historical)
    • Snape/Hermione (Harry Potter)
    • Teacher/student (for this to work and set itself apart from the boring, stereotypical pairing, you have to be really good as a teacher. And there needs to be some serious risk, threat and taboo embedded in the teacher’s character…and in the student as well. We’d have to consciously work on and develop this)
    • Royalty (or Lord)/servant
    • Boss/some obscure employee
    • Possibly The Witcher and League of Legends canon

Some Ideas:

1.   Modern day Hades/Persephone myth. Hades has sought Persephone through the centuries, never able to find her because a prophecy provoked Zeus to hide her from his sight. Now, modern day, Hades - a crime lord, king of assassins or something else – has tracked her down. And he’s pissed, not above taking centuries of pent up rage on her. He expects her to be this innocent, delicate flower. Boy is he in for a surprise.

2.   A young working her way through college as a server at a high-end restaurant develops a crush on one of the regulars that come in. She never talks to him as she has a deal with the hostess to never seat him in her section. But one day, that changes when her co-worker calls in sick. Shit. Little does she know, this ‘regular’ is well aware of her crush and decides to play with her. This goes on for a bit until one afternoon, my character is on her way to her gynecology appointment and who should be her doctor but the guy she has a crush on….oh dear. Where to go from here?

3.   When she was a little girl, she called in The Bargainer, asking for a favor. The Bargainer is the most powerful being on earth and the Otherworld. He has no time for children. How did she get is card, anyway? But somehow she convinces him. And that’s when it starts. Now, fifteen years later she has over two hundred favors she’s asked of him, each one forming a bead on a bracelet. And now…he’s come to collect.

4.   This is it. She’s made it to Julliard as a cellist, but barely. During her audition, the Master Cellist, the head of her department himself tells her she can only attend on the condition that she gets private lessons by someone he approves of. If it were up to only him, she wouldn’t be attending the school at all. She’s not good enough and it’s clear she has stage-fright. She’s a mouse in a room of lions. Devastated, but determined she agrees. And instantly hates the man for his humiliation of her. Tutor after tutor is declined until finally, she blows up at him saying he has it in for her and intends to keep her out of the program by denying all the tutors. If he wants her tutored so badly, why doesn’t he have the balls to do it himself? He agrees. Well shit.

5.   Your character is a powerful aristocrat. He is known for his generosity amongst the poor and the fierce patriotism he shows for his beloved country. Strolling down the streets in dapper attire, he is always looked upon with awe for although he has made a name for himself; his family is also one of the oldest in Europe. But despite all of that, little is known about him and, though people respect him they also hold a bit of fear for him as well. Even in his own household, little is known about him. Until one day, one of his servants (a simple, but new-to-the-staff scullery maid) takes it on herself to find out and bites off more than she can chew. - Random conversations/chats as they happen to be in a room together. He’s a powerful political figure but not much is known about his position. No one knows he is vampire. Perhaps he seeks her advice in a difficult political matter. She unknowingly helps him make a decision in the vampire world.

More:

Themed Pairings
    • Older man (50s)/ younger woman (30s)
    • Teacher/student (for this to work and set itself apart from the boring, stereotypical pairing, you have to be really good as a teacher. And there needs to be some serious risk, threat and taboo embedded in the teacher’s character…and in the student’s to an extent as well. We’d have to consciously work on and develop this)
    • Master/apprentice
    • Villain/hostage (or person holding the villain hostage)
    • Assassin/victim
    • Father/friend of daughter
    • Hunter/prey
    • Royalty (or Lord)/servant
    • Celebrity/civilian
    • Gentleman (secretly with dark desires)/Lady (whom he coaxes out the sexual side)
    • Powerful man/low or middle class woman
    • Alpha/Omega (NOT furry, just the dynamics/personality type)
    • Guardian/ward
    • Boss/wallflower, lowly employee (or intern or possibly assistant)
    I have a thing for authority, what can I say?

Canon Characters
    • Kaz Brekkar from Six of Crows
    • Jaquen H’ghar from Game of Thrones (TV)
    • Snape from Harry Potter
    • The Darkling from Shadow and Bone
    • Thorin or Thranduil from The Hobbit
    • Aragorn or Legolas from Lord of the Rings
    • Dracula from Van Helsing (2004) Castlevania, or from history
    • Jareth from The Labyrinth

Celebrities (canon or visage)
    • Colin Farrell
    • Henry Cavill
    • Lee Pace
    • Keanu Reeves
    • Ewan McGregor